$3,000,000$3,000,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 6
    Logo of the St. Louis Blues
    $3,000,000$3,000,000
    C, RW
    UFA - 2
    $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
    LW, RW
    RFA - 1
    $2,500,000$2,500,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 2
    $2,750,000$2,750,000
    RW, C
    UFA - 2
    $1,500,000$1,500,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $6,500,000$6,500,000
    LD
    NTC
    UFA - 6
    $8,000,000$8,000,000
    RD
    UFA - 7
    $6,000,000$6,000,000
    G
    NTC
    UFA - 6
    $6,500,000$6,500,000
    RD
    NTC
    UFA - 6
    $5,500,000$5,500,000
    RD
    UFA - 1
    $787,500$787,500
    LD
    UFA - 1
    $1,375,000$1,375,000
    RD
    UFA - 1
    $750,000$750,000
    G
    UFA - 1
    ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
    $725,000$725,000
    LD
    UFA - 1
    $1,000,000$1,000,000
    LW
    UFA - 1
    Taxi Squad
    $925,000$925,000 ($0$0$0$0) (Performance Bonus$1,300,000$1M)
    LD
    RFA - 1
    $866,667$866,667 ($0$0$0$0)
    LW, RW
    RFA - 4
    $795,000$795,000 ($0$0$0$0) (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
    G
    RFA - 2
    $750,000$750,000 ($0$0$0$0)
    RD
    UFA - 2
    $725,000$725,000 ($0$0$0$0)
    C
    UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Jun. 16, 2021 at 10:27 a.m.
    GO FLAMES GO
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. NOT EVEN IN THE RIGHT BALL PARK.
    Nhl_oilers liked this.
    Jun. 16, 2021 at 10:32 a.m.
    Canes fan
    Coleman won't sign for that. Any other team will pay him way more or he'll just stay in Tampa. This team isn't a contender anyways, just painfully average. Depth still isn't great either. This team just simply isn't in a position right now where they can build into a proper contender. With this, they're just a bit better than the team they are now. The farthest I can see them going is 2nd round at best.
    Jun. 16, 2021 at 10:50 a.m.
    mokumboi
    You have to know we're not getting Matty for that.
    Gmonwy liked this.
    Jun. 16, 2021 at 11:02 a.m.
    Quoting: mokumboi
    You have to know we're not getting Matty for that.

He wants out of Calgary and the feeling seems to be mutual with Sutter. A 1st, 3rd, and 6th, while taking $7M off their hands is a pretty fair deal, if you ask me.
    Jun. 16, 2021 at 11:02 a.m.
    Quoting: Gmonwy
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. NOT EVEN IN THE RIGHT BALL PARK.

OUTSTANDING REBUTTAL. (I can type loudly in all caps, too)
    Jun. 16, 2021 at 11:10 a.m.
    Edited Jun. 16, 2021 at 11:26 a.m.
    Quoting: Dzinger18
    Coleman won't sign for that. Any other team will pay him way more or he'll just stay in Tampa. This team isn't a contender anyways, just painfully average. Depth still isn't great either. This team just simply isn't in a position right now where they can build into a proper contender. With this, they're just a bit better than the team they are now. The farthest I can see them going is 2nd round at best.

Before the Covid suspension last year, the Blues were 2nd in the NHL in standings (also without Tarasenko). I don't think it's outlandish to consider the Blues a contender in the West. Are they behind Vegas and Colorado right now? Absolutely. But guess what? Colorado and Vegas are going to be up against that cap crunch and both have several players hitting FA (Landeskog, for one. Makar is a RFA, as well, so if the Blues or another Western team wanted to severely screw COL over, they could easily offer Makar an OS that would make life very difficult for Sakic and Co). With a flat cap, a lot of teams will be taking a step back in 2022. The Blues have the luxury of some big contracts coming off the books in Bozak, Schwartz, and Hoffman. If they can land a guy like Hamilton to replace what Pietrangelo was able to do here (as great as Pietro was for the Blues, that's not an unachievable task for someone like Dougie), they're going to be right back in that mix.

ROR, Perron, Schenn, Faulk, Krug, (healthy) Parayko, Thomas, Kyrou, Sundqvist and Barbashev are all very good players to build around. An infusion of youth and some of these prospects the Blues have been banking on for their future -- Kostin, Perunovich, Neighbors, Joshua, Blais -- will have the Blues right where they've been over the last decade. They're consistently contenders and as we've seen from the likes of Montreal and NYI (hell, even Carolina), a solid system with good goaltending can get you to the top, or very close.
    Zinger and tgrasso1970 liked this.
    Jun. 16, 2021 at 11:35 a.m.
    Canes fan
    Quoting: Binningtons_Nose
    Before the Covid suspension last year, the Blues were 2nd in the NHL in standings (also without Tarasenko). I don't think it's outlandish to consider the Blues a contender in the West. Are they behind Vegas and Colorado right now? Absolutely. But guess what? Colorado and Vegas are going to be up against that cap crunch and both have several players hitting FA (Landeskog, for one. Makar is a RFA, as well, so if the Blues or another Western team wanted to severely screw COL over, they could easily offer Makar an OS that would make life very difficult for Sakic and Co). With a flat cap, a lot of teams will be taking a step back in 2022. The Blues have the luxury of some big contracts coming off the books in Bozak, Schwartz, and Hoffman. If they can land a guy like Hamilton to replace what Pietrangelo was able to do here (as great as Pietro was for the Blues, that's not an unachievable task for someone like Dougie), they're going to be right back in that mix.

ROR, Perron, Schenn, Faulk, Krug, (healthy) Parayko, Thomas, Kyrou, Sundqvist and Barbashev are all very good players to build around. An infusion of youth and some of these prospects the Blues have been banking on for their future -- Kostin, Perunovich, Neighbors, Joshua, Blais -- will have the Blues right where they've been over the last decade. They're consistently contenders and as we've seen from the likes of Montreal and NYI (hell, even Carolina), a solid system with good goaltending can get you to the top, or very close.

Very good point. Especially about COL and VGK going in their cap crunch. The Blues are also returning to the central next season which will be a walk in the park besides Minnesota and Colorado. I still don't think the depth is as good as it could potentially be, but with some of the younger guys stepping up they could definitely make a mark and get themselves a roster spot. Now that you go deep down in detail, I definitely see the logic in this even though there is still room for improvement. Cup champs is still a bit of an ask though, but who knows when the Blues come into the playoffs. They often win by determination and wanting it more than the other team. If they can grind out the whole regular season in the central and finish in a high seed, get an easy matchup in the 1st round, and battle from then on, this makes you look like a genius. Thank you for thoroughly explaining this to me too. Good job!
    Binningtons_Nose liked this.
    Jun. 16, 2021 at 11:59 a.m.
    mokumboi
    He wants out of Calgary and the feeling seems to be mutual with Sutter. A 1st, 3rd, and 6th, while taking $7M off their hands is a pretty fair deal, if you ask me.

... which is precisely why you're not Calgary's GM. tears of joy
    Chopper02 liked this.
    Jun. 16, 2021 at 12:00 p.m.

This is completely untrue ad that trade is dog ****
    Jun. 16, 2021 at 12:04 p.m.
    GO FLAMES GO

Lol no he doesn't.
    Jun. 16, 2021 at 12:08 p.m.
    OUTSTANDING REBUTTAL. (I can type loudly in all caps, too)

He's not wrong...Tkachuk would require one of Thomas or Kyrou plus a first at minimum dude.
    EsoYeezus69 liked this.
    Jun. 16, 2021 at 12:13 p.m.

Also worth noting, Tkachuk has never said he wants out of Calgary.
    Gmonwy, mokumboi and EsoYeezus69 liked this.
    Jun. 16, 2021 at 12:16 p.m.
    Quoting: mokumboi
    ... which is precisely why you're not Calgary's GM. tears of joy

Welp, this is "armchair" GMing, for a reason... Care to posit your position and what you'd expect/like to see Armstrong do?

Quoting: Lunatik
    This is completely untrue ad that trade is dog ****

For one year of "control" with a disgruntled player, I don't really believe it's bad. I truly don't. Calgary isn't re-signing Tkachuk and they're not really in a position of strength with him. Sure, they could ask for the moon, but when they're left holding the bag, I don't think most would look at that deal as horrible.

For reference, Boston traded a 2nd and Bjork to Buffalo in exchange for a rental with Hall. Totally different scenarios, I know, but if you look around the NHL in recent years, you'll find that when a player isn't controlled for 1+ years, the returns aren't going to be on par with a player's worth. Tkachuk is 23 and a stud already, so there's more value with him (assuming a prospective franchise can lock him up for a few years), but if the Blackhawks/Columbus can accomplish a trade that sends Panarin AND Motte, as well as a 6th to Columbus for (lulz) Saad, Forsberg, and a 5th, I don't think this is too crazy a trade.
    Jun. 16, 2021 at 12:21 p.m.
    Tough crowd.

Just a discussion, muchachos. If you disagree, add some substance to the discussion.
    Jun. 16, 2021 at 12:23 p.m.
    GO FLAMES GO
    Welp, this is "armchair" GMing, for a reason... Care to posit your position and what you'd expect/like to see Armstrong do?

For one year of "control" with a disgruntled player, I don't really believe it's bad. I truly don't. Calgary isn't re-signing Tkachuk and they're not really in a position of strength with him. Sure, they could ask for the moon, but when they're left holding the bag, I don't think most would look at that deal as horrible.

For reference, Boston traded a 2nd and Bjork to Buffalo in exchange for a rental with Hall. Totally different scenarios, I know, but if you look around the NHL in recent years, you'll find that when a player isn't controlled for 1+ years, the returns aren't going to be on par with a player's worth. Tkachuk is 23 and a stud already, so there's more value with him (assuming a prospective franchise can lock him up for a few years), but if the Blackhawks/Columbus can accomplish a trade that sends Panarin AND Motte, as well as a 6th to Columbus for (lulz) Saad, Forsberg, and a 5th, I don't think this is too crazy a trade.

He is an RFA after the 2021-22 year. We have 2 years of control nice try thougj
    mokumboi liked this.
    Jun. 16, 2021 at 12:24 p.m.
    mokumboi

I will try to put together an AGM when I have time, but honestly I'm not yet totally sure what I think should be done. There are many forks in the road, and I haven't decided which ones are best.

But seriously, that offer isn't getting close to Matty unless the Flames suddenly hire Botteril. And he's only an RFA after next season, so they retain control.
    Jun. 16, 2021 at 12:38 p.m.
    Quoting: Gmonwy
    He is an RFA after the 2021-22 year. We have 2 years of control nice try thougj

He's an RFA after the season (which I said) and already making $7M. A lot of teams will be willing to OS Tkachuk, even for the RFA compensation that would head back to Calgary. Calgary is going to have some bad or bloated contracts coming off the books in the next couple years, with Giordano and Lucic, but they have several players that they'll need to re-sign, such as Gaudreau, Monahan, Tkachuk, Lindholm, Mangiapane, etc, and have several players coming off ELCs who will eat into that cap as well.

Maybe it's my philosophical disposition, but if I'm a GM, I'm looking at players who will net some strong returns while keeping the franchise cap-compliant and financially flexible. Maybe I'm pipe-dreaming here, but I'm at least offering some kind of substance behind my opinion.
    Jun. 16, 2021 at 1:29 p.m.

No one is disgruntled, you're just making **** up. And Tkachuk has 2 years of control left, you're literally posting on a site about contracts and you are too lazy to look it up?
    Jun. 16, 2021 at 2:15 p.m.
    Quoting: Lunatik
    No one is disgruntled, you're just making **** up. And Tkachuk has 2 years of control left, you're literally posting on a site about contracts and you are too lazy to look it up?

You're not familiar with how the RFA process works, are you? If you are, then I laid out for you in my previous post why I think it's possible someone would exceed what Calgary would be willing to match for an OS. You following, bromigo?

And yes, I am making **** up... this is called "armchair GM" for a reason. None of this is meant to wad ten-ply panties like yours, as it's all OPINIONATED, based on what some people would LIKE to see happen or what some people may EXPECT to see happen. Now, unwad and carry on.
    Jun. 17, 2021 at 12:30 a.m.
    Hello I am a blues f
    I like the way you think, Coleman will probably resign with Tampa though and I'd put kyrou on the third line and put kostin with barbashev and Blais can have a promotion
    Jun. 17, 2021 at 1:13 a.m.

A 6th round pick is nothing, literally! less than 2%

Quote from a TSN Article - https://www.tsn.ca/playing-the-percentages-in-the-nhl-draft-1.206144

"What’s interesting is in the later rounds, the art of hitting on a draft pick seems to be entirely random. Round five, for example, only offers a 1.6% better chance that a player ends up as replacement level or better than a player selected in round seven"

While only 34% of 2nd rounders make 200 games.

That number drops exponentially from rounds 3-4 and finally to almost nothing in 5-6-7

So your 3 round pick and your 6th round pick amount to almost nothing.

https://dobberprospects.com/2020/05/16/nhl-draft-pick-probabilities/
    Jun. 17, 2021 at 8:46 a.m.
    Quoting: Bobcaygeon97
    A 6th round pick is nothing, literally! less than 2%

Quote from a TSN Article - https://www.tsn.ca/playing-the-percentages-in-the-nhl-draft-1.206144

"What’s interesting is in the later rounds, the art of hitting on a draft pick seems to be entirely random. Round five, for example, only offers a 1.6% better chance that a player ends up as replacement level or better than a player selected in round seven"

While only 34% of 2nd rounders make 200 games.

That number drops exponentially from rounds 3-4 and finally to almost nothing in 5-6-7

So your 3 round pick and your 6th round pick amount to almost nothing.

https://dobberprospects.com/2020/05/16/nhl-draft-pick-probabilities/

I was under the impression Tkachuk wanted out, so that's on me, and that's why the value is where it is. As many have said ITT, that's not true, so I apologize for unintentionally (and hypothetically) wadding a bunch of panties. I was looking at what Buffalo/Boston did in the Hall trade and figured for a (disgruntled, which again, isn't true) player, which I thought Tkachuk was, that a 1st, 3rd, and 6th was pretty fair. As well as taking on the entirety of the contract.
    Jun. 18, 2021 at 1:00 a.m.
    I was under the impression Tkachuk wanted out, so that's on me, and that's why the value is where it is. As many have said ITT, that's not true, so I apologize for unintentionally (and hypothetically) wadding a bunch of panties. I was looking at what Buffalo/Boston did in the Hall trade and figured for a (disgruntled, which again, isn't true) player, which I thought Tkachuk was, that a 1st, 3rd, and 6th was pretty fair. As well as taking on the entirety of the contract.

I'm not getting excited here so please don't take offence.

I'm simply trying to do the same thing your doing, think like a GM. If I'm a GM your trade isn't moving the goal posts, sorry. The math doesn't lie.
    Even if Tkachuk wants out, I'm not trading him for what amounts to nothing but hope.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll