SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

16-Source Aggregate Mock Draft

16-Source Aggregate Mock Draft

Draft Class: 2021
Created By: bruinsdude77
Published: Jun. 17, 2021 at 5:56 p.m.
Description
I've combined the draft rankings of sixteen leading sources to create my draft board. Some rankings and tie-breakers were broken by my own opinion of players. Team needs were mostly just evaluated based on current depth in players and prospects under 22 rather than immediate NHL roster needs. Enjoy.
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-I don't think Owen Power really wants to go to Buffalo and honestly I don't think Buffalo really wants another LHD with the top pick. However, there doesn't seem to be a lot of value in reaching for anyone else. Power will be the pick and he'll be a great defenseman for the Sabres once the team gets back on track
2Logo of the Seattle Kraken-I don't think a brand new franchise can pass up a potential top line center with their first ever pick. I think Beniers has that potential and I think he is ready to play in the NHL right away.
3Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-The Ducks have needs everywhere, but I think they desperately need a game-changing winger to bring along with Zegras. Guenther is No. 7 on my board, but he's a shooter who plays both sides and fits the bill for the Ducks. Yes it could be considered a reach when they need defense too, but I just think a winger with Guenther's ability is too hard to pass up
4Logo of the New Jersey Devils-I hate to break Devils fans hearts with this pick, but I have Hughes and Clarke even in my rankings and the right side of the blue line is a much much larger concern. The Devils have six LHD drafted in the top three rounds over the past three years. Clarke is the far better need pick
5Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-This is a tough spot for Columbus. They have a ton of needs, but they also have three first round picks. Because of that, you would like to see them address their most important need - center - right off the bat and then get to defense later. However, the value just isn't there. Elund and Johnson project as wingers in the pros and Lucius is too much a reach. If I were Columbus, I would trade No. 5 and the TOR pick to Seattle to move up to No. 2 to get Beniers. In this situation though, they have to just take the best D on the board and look at center later.
6Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-I hate mocking the Red Wings because they have been rebuilding for so long and have so many high picks each year that they really have no needs. Except one. They still don't have a blue chip goalie. I personally think this is too high for Wallstedt, especially given the rise of Cossa, but Detroit needs to address their net and he's an elite prospect.
7Logo of the San Jose Sharks-San Jose needs help everywhere and Eklund is the best player on the board. He is a caliber of prospect that the Sharks have not had in some time.
8Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-The Kings have the best pipeline in the NHL in my opinion and any pick is redundant at this point. The best player on the board is Edvinsson so that's the pick.
9Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-Johnson is a great fit for the Nucks. They have almost no center depth in the system, but they also don't need a top-six center with Pettersson and Horvat in place. Johnson needs time to bulk up and learn the position better, but in the meantime already has NHL play-making ability from the wing
10Logo of the Ottawa Senators-For all their pipeline strengths, RW is still in need of help. Need matches up with value here, as the top two players on my board are both RW: Lysell and Lucius. The Sens take the more natural winger. If Lucius was going to North Dakota instead of Minnesota, maybe it goes the other way.
11Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-
Draft Pick Forfeited
12Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-The Blackhawks also need a RW and while Lucius also plays center, that never a bad thing.
13Logo of the Calgary Flames-With aggregate rankings, some are more recent and some are from earlier in the season. McTavish is actually ranked below Sillinger and Raty, but to me that doesn't reflect his rising stock. Although it isn't their greatest need, the Flames need a center and that is the value pick here. They seem more likely to grab McTavish than either of the other two.
14Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-Philly's biggest needs are RD and RW and this isn't a great spot for that. However, it's worth reaching for Ceulemans because the RD depth behind him falls off a cliff.
15Logo of the Dallas Stars-The Stars don't have a deep pipeline but it is especially shallow on the blue line. They'll be bummed to miss out on Ceulemans by one pick, but Lambos is nice consolation prize.
16Logo of the New York Rangers-Everyone knows the Rangers need a center, so they would be thrilled to have the choice between Raty and Sillinger. I think Sillinger is the better player, but I think Raty is the more natural center and that is what the Rangers need
17Logo of the St. Louis Blues-The Blues need defense in the pipeline but they also could use some forward depth and it is hard to pass up on Sillinger at this point
18Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-This is the first place I considered Cossa. Winnipeg needs an heir apparent to Hellebuyck. However, I still think its too early for him. The Jets could use a RW and Coronato is a fast riser.
19Logo of the Nashville Predators-Chibrikov is fascinating to me because some list him as C, some as LW, and some as RW. You don't often see a top prospect who regularly plays all forward positions. Nashville needs help down the middle but could also use depth on the wing so Chibrikov's versatility makes him a good choice
20Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-This could be Cossa as well, but until further notice the Oilers need to keep adding potential help for McDavid and Draisaitl. Olausson is the best player on the board, has pro experience, and plays both sides. Good fit for the Oil.
21Logo of the Boston Bruins-I know the Bruins needs better than any team so I feel comfortable going off the board a little to take Suomaala. The Bruins need better shooting, both in frequency and accuracy, and more grit and physicality and there is a need on the right side. Tuoamaala checks all of these boxes. A perfect fit.
22Logo of the Minnesota Wild-Minnesota is in pretty good shape all around and as a result I did consider Cossa. However, with just three picks between their next selection and knowing Detroit and Florida don't need goalies, its a better bet to go best player available here and sit on Cossa
23Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the Washington CapitalsThis is why taking Walstedt early is a risk for Detroit, as Cossa made it back to them. Oh well. Best player available is Rosen, a versatile scoring winger.
24Logo of the Florida Panthers-The Panthers desperately need a RHD, but there aren't any left with a first round grade. Their next biggest need is at LW and Othmann just so happens to be the best player available. Good fit.
25Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsLogo of the Toronto Maple LeafsAs noted earlier, center is Columbus' biggest need and they will definitely use one of their three first rounder to take one. Bolduc here could end up as an excellent value for Columbus.
26Logo of the Minnesota WildLogo of the Pittsburgh PenguinsThe plan works and Minnesota gets Cossa. Any concerns over Kahkonen's play this year or Filip Lindberg planning to leave as a free agent should be alleviated by adding Cossa to Hunter Jones in the pipeline.
27Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-I know I just said for Florida that there were no first-round RHD left. However, when you have drafted as well as Carolina has in recent years, you can reach. Morrow is actually a player I really like.
28Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-I thought Colorado would win the Cup this year. Perhaps a polished winger with pro experience might be able to crack the roster sooner rather than later and get them there.
29Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-Montreal would have loved to have gotten Cossa. They'll settle for the best available player who also happens to be a Quebecois
30Logo of the New Jersey DevilsLogo of the New York IslandersStankoven is the best player available and seems like he would be a good fit for what the Devils are building offensively
31Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsLogo of the Tampa Bay LightningAfter grabbing a LHD and a C already, Columbus would rather grab a RHD or a winger. That's not the value here though. So they take another LHD, one with a different skill set than Hughes but also looks like he could be NHL ready soon
32Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-Congratulations to Vegas on their Stanley Cup. Now sit back and take it easy. I like Pastujov's game, but he a project who needs a few years at Notre Dame.
ROUND 2TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
33Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-My explanations will be shorter now. Buffalo adds a center with Eichel probably leaving
34Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-Guenther and Svozil is a great 1-2 for Anaheim. Solid start.
35Logo of the Seattle Kraken-All the best players on the board are centers. If you have to double up on a position in your first ever draft, center is the way to go. They won't get much help there in the Expansion Draft.
36Logo of the Vegas Golden KnightsLogo of the New Jersey DevilsAnother college-bound prospect as Vegas finally starts to think about the future
37Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Columbus Blue JacketsIf Arizona had forfeited their first pick and still addressed their biggest need with a player like Chayka or Svozil... It could happen, but it didn't here
38Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-Of course Detroit ends up with the last first-round graded player on the board
39Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the San Jose SharksOttawa can afford a long-term investment
40Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-All I know is that LA doesn't need any more centers...
41Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-Johnson and Mailloux quietly check a lot of boxes for Vancouver's pipeline needs
42Logo of the Ottawa Senators-Ottawa again? BC isn't North Dakota but Hreschuk will have to do. Maybe he can transfer
43Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-Pretty good value here on a kid I think has more potential than he's shown
44Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-Put your delicate sensibilities aside and realize that Red Savage playing for the Blackhawks is just too good. He's also just an underrated player
45Logo of the Calgary Flames-Another team reaching for a RHD because the depth is just not good at that position
46Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-I really like Johnston
47Logo of the Dallas Stars-Dallas could have used a RHD or a RW, but they both just went
48Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the New York RangersA good project for a team with too many pro-ready prospects, two picks already, and another coming up.
49Logo of the Los Angeles KingsLogo of the St. Louis BluesAnother weapon up front for LA
50Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-Winnipeg needs a goalie, but not here. They'll reach for RHD
51Logo of the Nashville Predators-RHD is probably the bigger need than LHD, but not enough to reach. Nashville could double up on forward here too
52Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the Edmonton OilersBest player available
53Logo of the Buffalo SabresLogo of the Boston BruinsBuffalo gets their RHD
54Logo of the Minnesota Wild-Minnesota adds a Golden Gopher they can watch closely
55Logo of the Washington Capitals-Not bad for Washington's first pick of the draft. Has fallen from fringe first round status
56Logo of the Florida Panthers-
Not a great spot for a RHD again but need neccesitates the reach
57Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs-Ranked higher than all three of Schmidt, Heimosalmi, and Bar, but left-handed
58Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins-Pens fans should be very happy with this pick
59Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-Played around with a few options here but after Carolina reached for need in round one I gave them best available in round two
60Logo of the New York IslandersLogo of the Colorado AvalancheMan the Caps, Leafs, Pens, and Isles all make their first picks in the second round and all luck into a good player at their biggest need being at the top of the board
61Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-The third goalie off the board. MTL needs RHD, but after all the reaches there is no one reasonably worth a second-rounder left
62Logo of the New Jersey DevilsLogo of the New York IslandersDevils don't have many needs after taking Clarke, so they just take the best player available again
63Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Tampa Bay LightningIf you had asked me early last year I would have said he was a surefire first rounder
64Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Vegas Golden KnightsLucius, Savage, and Peart is an impressive All-American draft class for the Hawks
ROUND 3TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
65Logo of the New York RangersLogo of the Buffalo SabresRangers double down at center with their second pick
66Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-Great draft so far for the Ducks
67Logo of the Seattle Kraken-In reality, the Kraken will likely have a ton more picks after the Expansion Draft. But in this mock they only have three and I am not comfortable giving them three straight forwards so a slight reach for a LHD
68Logo of the New Jersey Devils-Good value here
69Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-Still no RHD value for Columbus. They go wing instead
70Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-I hate picking for the Wings
71Logo of the San Jose Sharks-Only the Sharks' second pick. They need a RHD but no luck. High upside project instead
72Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-
73Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-Nucks could use some more RW depth
74Logo of the Ottawa Senators-Best player available
75Logo of the Washington CapitalsLogo of the Arizona CoyotesCaps need a RHD and a G. No one is available in this range. Wilmer is a fascinatingly small player
76Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Chicago BlackhawksFed up with no good RHD available when they pick, the Habs settle for a lefty
77Logo of the Calgary Flames-Flames have to feel pretty good about the bloodlines in the system with McTavish and Stillman
78Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-Flyers don't have a lot of needs and already addressed two depth concerns, so they take the best available player
79Logo of the Dallas Stars-Still no RHD for Dallas, but there is a nice RW near the top of the board
80Logo of the New York Rangers-Rangers could use a RW too
81Logo of the St. Louis Blues-The Blues went talent over need in round one. They get both here with a LHD that was also the best available player
82Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-The Jets' goalie pipeline is garbage and they will be in real trouble if Berdin is lost in Expansion. Have to reach for a keeper here
83Logo of the Nashville Predators-Little bit of a reach by Nashville to get the next-best RW
84Logo of the Calgary FlamesLogo of the Edmonton OilersCalgary could have looked at goalie here. LHD Grushnikov is best player available
85Logo of the Boston Bruins-The Bruins have a ton of needs and while they would rather have a RHD or power winger here, LHD is the position of power on the board. Allan is the best player on the board, the last player with a second-round grade, and looks like a potential Jeremy Lauzon replacement as a physical, penalty-killing LHD.
86Logo of the Minnesota Wild-Minny has already added two good forwards and a future starting goalie. Time to look at D
87Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Washington CapitalsFinally the Habs have a plausible RHD available to them
88Logo of the Buffalo SabresLogo of the Florida PanthersA project center for Buffalo
89Logo of the Los Angeles KingsLogo of the Toronto Maple LeafsAfter taking a stud defenseman and three wingers, and no need for centers, I'm ok with reaching for a goalie here
90Logo of the Minnesota WildLogo of the Pittsburgh PenguinsBest player available
91Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-Best player available
92Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-A second winger for Colorado
93Logo of the Buffalo SabresLogo of the Montreal CanadiensA project center for Buffalo... again
94Logo of the New York Islanders-A nice need pick and style fit for the Isles
95Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning-Tampa's first pick in the draft
96Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the Vegas Golden KnightsDetroit's seventh pick in the draft
ROUND 4TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
97Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-Expect a run on RHD in the fourth. Ufko, Ty Gallagher, Oscar Plandowski, and Brent Johnson are all among the best names available. Others include LHDs Aleksi Malinen, Guillaume Richard, and Topias Vilen, and Fs Ilya Fedotov, Riley Kidney, Jayden Grubbe, Liam Gilmartin, Eric Alarie and Josh Doan. My highest-rated over ager is LW Simon Knak, who I think could go late in the fourth.
98Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-
99Logo of the Seattle Kraken-
100Logo of the New Jersey Devils-
101Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-
102Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-
103Logo of the San Jose Sharks-
104Logo of the New York RangersLogo of the Los Angeles Kings
105Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Vancouver Canucks
106Logo of the New York RangersLogo of the Ottawa Senators
107Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-
108Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-
109Logo of the Los Angeles KingsLogo of the Calgary Flames
110Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-
111Logo of the Dallas Stars-
112Logo of the New York Rangers-
113Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the St. Louis Blues
114Logo of the Vegas Golden KnightsLogo of the Winnipeg Jets
115Logo of the Nashville Predators-
116Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-
117Logo of the Boston Bruins-
118Logo of the Minnesota Wild-
119Logo of the Washington Capitals-
120Logo of the Florida Panthers-
121Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
122Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
123Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-
124Logo of the Nashville PredatorsLogo of the Colorado Avalanche
125Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
126Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-
127Logo of the New York Islanders-
128Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Vegas Golden Knights
Jun. 17, 2021 at 7:31 p.m.
Your deal is bad
It seems like a lot of work went into this, great job!
Jun. 17, 2021 at 7:52 p.m.
If Philly keeps their pick and go after Ceulemans they are probably trading down and get a pick in the process. Otherwise well thought out mock draft.
Jun. 17, 2021 at 7:59 p.m.
Jackson
great mock draft all round but what from I've seen coronato in a late first or early second

his international ranking is 32 and just from what I've seen 18 is a little high

you did put a lot of work into this though. great job!!!!
Jun. 17, 2021 at 9:26 p.m.
Devils Guy
Yeah I'd still grab Hughes over Clarke. Good mock though.
Jun. 17, 2021 at 10:05 p.m.
CbjSabresDucks
IMO Hughes is the only projected top ten player i see and go "yeah, he wont be a jacket", although i wouldnt hate him. id much prefer Eklund there, and i remember seeing a reported suggest that hes heard CBJ might go for McTavish
Jun. 17, 2021 at 10:40 p.m.
The "Tampa's first pick.. Detroit's seventh pick" got me good.
bruinsdude77 liked this.
Jun. 17, 2021 at 10:58 p.m.
Evans truther
Oh so original that Montreal's three first picks are Quebecers .... And why is Montreal going for goaltenders early in your eyes? They've got Price which is kinda set in stone an NHL goaltender for the upcoming years, Allen is our backup (Until if picked by Seattle), Primeau is growing up in the AHL and Dobes' heading to the NCAA after a more than decent season in the USHL.
Also I'm not hating or biased but we've picked 2 guys out of the Q since 2008 (Quebec born or not) with a third round pick or earlier, Montreal doesn't like what the Q gives so ... I dig L'Heureux but I don't think that happens because of what the past has shown.
Jun. 18, 2021 at 12:20 a.m.
Speak of the Devil
Great mock draft

I still the Devils take Hughes since Smith and Hughes can both play RD
Jun. 18, 2021 at 9:03 a.m.
True Reverse Retro
First, love the effort put into this mock.

I don't see Dallas taking Lambos though. The left side of Dallas blue line is actually pretty deep between Lindell, Heiskanen (assuming he gets moved back to the left side at some point), Harley, potentially Oleksiak, and a couple of college free agents that they have signed. If Ceulemans is off the board, Dallas is likely looking at guys like Chibrikov, Sillinger, Coronato, or they trade down. I have all 3 of them higher than Lambos & Lambos doesn't fill a need for Dallas in the short or long term
Jun. 18, 2021 at 12:22 p.m.
Well done. Just some constructive criticism from the Kings stand-point. I don't mind the Edvinsson pick, but when you get into the next rounds all you pick are relatively undersized, left-shot wingers. The Kings have plenty of those both at the NHL level and in the pipeline. I think there's a much stronger need for right-shot wingers with top-6 upside. Maybe a swing on Wyatt Johnston would be something LA would be interested in, hoping that he's got more to show.
Jun. 18, 2021 at 12:52 p.m.
I would rather the wings go left defense or scoring with the first pick, they have plenty of draft ammunition to try and move up for Cossa (#21, and extra mid rounders)

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll