Forums/Armchair-GM

The best Eichel deal

Created by: LetsGoPens69
Team: 2021-22 Ottawa Senators
Initial Creation Date: Jun. 18, 2021
Published: Jun. 18, 2021
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Sens need a #1 C. And already having Sanderson and with this years draft being Defense loaded, the Sens could trade the #10 overall pick.

The Rebuilding is going in a very good direction. They just need that #1 Center.

And come on?? They have 16M cap space to sign a 4th line Center, that is physical, good-two way and can play the PK. To Center Paul/Watson. Sign a vet goalie. Maybe have to sign a 2nd pairing LHD until Sanderson is ready and some NHL depth.

This line-up could be scary!!

Trade Stuetzle and this years 1st round pick. Let them take Murray’s contract back in return. He’s is only 27 years old. He still holds some value too. And S.Pinto just doesn’t fit as a 4th line Center in my opinion. So he’s expendable.

I think it’s makes perfect sense for the Sens. They arnt getting a #1 center in this years draft. If I was them, I would take A.Raty at #10 if I kept the pick.
Free Agent Signings
RESERVE LISTYEARSCAP HIT
3$925,000
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$2,500,000
2$850,000
6$7,000,000
Trades
OTT
SEA
  1. Brown, Logan [RFA Rights]
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the NSH
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
19$81,500,000$61,522,583$0$1,832,500$19,977,417
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Ottawa Senators
$7,000,000$7,000,000
LW
UFA - 7
Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
$10,000,000$10,000,000
C
UFA - 5
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 6
$3,600,000$3,600,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C
UFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$747,500$747,500 (Performance Bonus$107,500$108K)
LW
RFA - 1
$3,500,000$3,500,000
C
UFA - 1
$4,750,000$4,750,000
C, RW
UFA - 4
$749,250$749,250
C, LW
UFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$8,000,000$8,000,000
LD
UFA - 7
$4,500,000$4,500,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000
LD
UFA - 3
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RD
UFA - 2
$900,000$900,000
G
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$450,000$450K)
LD/RD, LW
RFA - 1
$1,200,000$1,200,000
RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
RD
RFA - 2
Taxi Squad
$850,000$850,000 ($0$0$0$0)
G
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jun. 18, 2021 at 6:03 p.m.
KFTW
Lol no thanks .
sensibleguy and TheBoyDuddus liked this.
Jun. 18, 2021 at 6:07 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
This is the dream return that Sabres fans want. My question for the Sens is why are you going to mess up a rebuild that's going so well? Stutzle has a chance to play center in the NHL, and it's not out of the realm of possibilities that you end up with a Shane Wright or Brad Lambert next year. Why not go for a goaltender this year whether it's Wallstedt or Cossa and keep trying to find that 1C in the draft?
csick, OldNYIfan, LetsGoPens69 and 1 other person liked this.
Jun. 18, 2021 at 6:11 p.m.
KFTW
Quoting: krakowitz
This is the dream return that Sabres fans want. My question for the Sens is why are you going to mess up a rebuild that's going so well? Stutzle has a chance to play center in the NHL, and it's not out of the realm of possibilities that you end up with a Shane Wright or Brad Lambert next year. Why not go for a goaltender this year whether it's Wallstedt or Cossa and keep trying to find that 1C in the draft?

I’m personally against that deal, would love to add Reinhart using 10th overall and a prospect tho.
LetsGoPens69 liked this.
Jun. 18, 2021 at 6:14 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too

The same reasons why you're against this for Stutzle and the #10 are the reasons why I'm against it for Trevor Zegras and the #3. And we already have John Gibson, for six more years.
csick, krakowitz and PLDGEY liked this.
Jun. 18, 2021 at 6:25 p.m.

Ya, the rebuilding is definitely going in the right direction.

I don’t see Stuetzle being that #1 C though. Maybe. He’s not gonna be Eichel though.

I just think they can complete the rebuild and start competing this year, with this trade, Eichel, sign a veteran goalie, a 4th line Center to Center Paul/Watson that is a good two-way, and plays the PK. Maybe a 2nd pairing LHD until Sanderson is ready, and some NHL depth. And with 16M plus in cap space. That shouldn’t be a problem.

Or wait and keep drafting prospects and hope they pan out and it comes together. Or make this move and start competing this season.
Jun. 18, 2021 at 6:30 p.m.
KFTW
Quoting: OldNYIfan
The same reasons why you're against this for Stutzle and the #10 are the reasons why I'm against it for Trevor Zegras and the #3. And we already have John Gibson, for six more years.

Anaheim and Ottawa are super similar. Both teams should be looking to make quantity for quality type of trades. Where they don’t move the Zegras, Drysdale, Comtois , Terry and Stutzle, Tkachuk, Norris, Batherson, Brannstrom, Sanderson type players.
Ottawa moves the 10th overall, Greig, Jarventie, White, Thomson type of players.

Anaheim moves Lundestrom, Steel, Tracey, Mahura and maybe 3rd overall (only if they’re getting a legit top player) .

Those are the deals both teams should be looking to do, adding to the young cores , not changing it.

For example:
10th overall, White , Thomson/Jarventie for Reinhart

3rd overall and Steel for Laine
PLDGEY and TheBoyDuddus liked this.
Jun. 18, 2021 at 6:31 p.m.
KFTW
Quoting: LetsGoPens69
Ya, the rebuilding is definitely going in the right direction.

I don’t see Stuetzle being that #1 C though. Maybe. He’s not gonna be Eichel though.

I just think they can complete the rebuild and start competing this year, with this trade, Eichel, sign a veteran goalie, a 4th line Center to Center Paul/Watson that is a good two-way, and plays the PK. Maybe a 2nd pairing LHD until Sanderson is ready, and some NHL depth. And with 16M plus in cap space. That shouldn’t be a problem.

Or wait and keep drafting prospects and hope they pan out and it comes together. Or make this move and start competing this season.

Or you trade the 10th overall and a prospect or 2 for Reinhart and go :

Tkachuk-Norris-Reinhart
Stutzle-Free Agent-Batherson
Formenton-Pinto-C. Brown
Paul-White-Dadonov
PLDGEY and TheBoyDuddus liked this.
Jun. 18, 2021 at 6:32 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Quoting: csick
Anaheim and Ottawa are super similar. Both teams should be looking to make quantity for quality type of trades. Where they don’t move the Zegras, Drysdale, Comtois , Terry and Stutzle, Tkachuk, Norris, Batherson, Brannstrom, Sanderson type players.
Ottawa moves the 10th overall, Greig, Jarventie, White, Thomson type of players.

Anaheim moves Lundestrom, Steel, Tracey, Mahura and maybe 3rd overall (only if they’re getting a legit top player) .

Those are the deals both teams should be looking to do, adding to the young cores , not changing it.

For example:

Completely agree on the strategy. I have a different opinion on the target, though.
csick liked this.
Jun. 18, 2021 at 6:37 p.m.
Brandon Wheat Kings
They aren’t going to trade him within the division.
LetsGoPens69 liked this.
Jun. 18, 2021 at 6:40 p.m.
If Stutzle wasn’t involved and he were replaced with Sanderson and a different forward (maybe Batherson?) I’d say yes
LetsGoPens69 liked this.
Jun. 18, 2021 at 6:41 p.m.
Or you trade the 10th overall and a prospect or 2 for Reinhart and go :

Tkachuk-Norris-Reinhart
Stutzle-Free Agent-Batherson
Formenton-Pinto-C. Brown
Paul-White-Dadonov

Ya, I just don’t think Stuetzle, Norris, Reinhert are ever gonna be a true number 1 center. I could be wrong though. Trading Stuetzle and the 10 pick could be a mistake.

I agree that would be a dream get for Eichel tough. I completely agree with that. I think Buffalo would be super happy with this deal.

I hope the Sens take A.Raty with the 10th pick.
Jun. 18, 2021 at 6:41 p.m.
KFTW
Quoting: Ottawa67s
If Stutzle wasn’t involved and he were replaced with Sanderson and a different forward (maybe Batherson?) I’d say yes

No way I’d do that even. Sanderson + Batherson is too rich for me.
TheBoyDuddus liked this.
Jun. 18, 2021 at 6:43 p.m.

Sens wouldn’t do that. Too much assets adding Sanderson and Batheson instead of Stuetzle. Teams don’t trade away 5 NHL players and a top 10 draft pick.

I agree this would be a dream get for the Sabers and Eichel. And I explained why I think it’s good for the Sens though.
Jun. 18, 2021 at 6:47 p.m.
Quoting: LetsGoPens69
Sens wouldn’t do that. Too much assets adding Sanderson and Batheson instead of Stuetzle. Teams don’t trade away 5 NHL players and a top 10 draft pick.

I agree this would be a dream get for the Sabers and Eichel. And I explained why I think it’s good for the Sens though.

No way I’d do that even. Sanderson + Batherson is too rich for me.

Ya Batherson is a step too far but Stutzle is an absolute no go for me.
Jun. 18, 2021 at 6:48 p.m.

For example:

Teams/Organizations don’t trade top 5 picks. Like ever. Like never ever.

Even in this years, not so top heavy draft.

A top 5 pick is supposed to be an organizations building block for the next 10 years.

Teams tank whole seasons in order to get the 3rd overall pick. U don’t trade that. And noone does. Again, like ever. Way too valuable.
Jun. 18, 2021 at 6:49 p.m.
KFTW
Ya Batherson is a step too far but Stutzle is an absolute no go for me.

I really want them to trade 10th overall + White + Thomson/Jarventie for a legit top 6F like Reinhart, Laine etc. If consider upgrading Thomson/Jarventie for Greig if it’s a really good player
LetsGoPens69 liked this.
Jun. 18, 2021 at 6:53 p.m.
quote=csick;2434557]I really want them to trade 10th overall + White + Thomson/Jarventie for a legit top 6F like Reinhart, Laine etc. If consider upgrading Thomson/Jarventie for Greig if it’s a really good player[/quote]
I really want them to trade 10th overall + White + Thomson/Jarventie for a legit top 6F like Reinhart, Laine etc. If consider upgrading Thomson/Jarventie for Greig if it’s a really good player

I just think that still doenst put them over the top.

I think Eichel, a vet goalie signing, a 4th line Center to center Paul/Watson, a 2nd pairing LHD until Sanderson is ready, and some NHL depth signings, put them in contention this year and in the foreseeable future. Rebuild over!! And with 16M in cap space(give or take) those signings shouldn’t be a problem.
Jun. 18, 2021 at 6:55 p.m.

God I would kill for Zegras.

I want Kent Johnson @ 10 this year, I think he could be a similar type skilled player who falls deeper than he should
OldNYIfan and TheBoyDuddus liked this.
Jun. 18, 2021 at 7:03 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Quoting: PLDGEY
God I would kill for Zegras.

I want Kent Johnson 10 this year, I think he could be a similar type skilled player who falls deeper than he should

I wonder how seriously you guys are going to look at Jesper Wallstedt there. I don't see either the first three teams (all of whom have Titanic-sized holes in their rosters) or the last two teams in front of you having any interest in him, and I think Columbus is much more interested in solving their perennial center problem, and Doug Wilson just isn't the guy to take a goalie in the first round (unless it's his second of the selection), so the question is whether New Jersey or Detroit will pick him. And I think both go with skaters.
Jun. 18, 2021 at 7:40 p.m.
KFTW
I wonder how seriously you guys are going to look at Jesper Wallstedt there. I don't see either the first three teams (all of whom have Titanic-sized holes in their rosters) or the last two teams in front of you having any interest in him, and I think Columbus is much more interested in solving their perennial center problem, and Doug Wilson just isn't the guy to take a goalie in the first round (unless it's his second of the selection), so the question is whether New Jersey or Detroit will pick him. And I think both go with skaters.

I think SJ will take him or even Detroit could. Yzerman drafted Vasy in the first round
Jun. 18, 2021 at 7:46 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
I think SJ will take him or even Detroit could. Yzerman drafted Vasy in the first round

Yeah, at #19, and that was in 2012 and I wouldn't pay a third-round pick for anyone drafted after him until Chris Tierney at #55. Here, there are at least 10 quality prospects available at #6. I know that some pundits have Yzerman taking Wallstedt, but I just think he's got too many holes in the roster to draft a guy who won't show up for two or three years (like Spencer Knight).
Jun. 18, 2021 at 7:48 p.m.
KFTW
Yeah, at #19, and that was in 2012 and I wouldn't pay a third-round pick for anyone drafted after him until Chris Tierney at #55. Here, there are at least 10 quality prospects available at #6. I know that some pundits have Yzerman taking Wallstedt, but I just think he's got too many holes in the roster to draft a guy who won't show up for two or three years (like Spencer Knight).

How does Wallstedt compare to Askarov ? I think a lot of teams will be interested in Cossa in the 15-25 range
Jun. 18, 2021 at 8:18 p.m.

Reinhart would be great. Laine I’m less enthralled with
LetsGoPens69 liked this.
Jun. 18, 2021 at 9:42 p.m.
There’s no reason Pinto can’t be the 4C. He was forward of the year in the NCHC, first team all star and won defensive forward of the year. More than qualified to be the 4C…

Also wouldn’t go anywhere near trading Stuetzle for Eichel. They’ll be lucky to get any single player as valuable and promising as Stuetzle. Hard pass.
Jun. 18, 2021 at 9:56 p.m.
Quoting: TheBoyDuddus
There’s no reason Pinto can’t be the 4C. He was forward of the year in the NCHC, first team all star and won defensive forward of the year. More than qualified to be the 4C…

Also wouldn’t go anywhere near trading Stuetzle for Eichel. They’ll be lucky to get any single player as valuable and promising as Stuetzle. Hard pass.

Ok, I didn’t think Pinto was Physical enough and the way this roster is constructed that 4C should be a PK player too.

I agree this would be a dream get for Eichel.

I just don’t see Stuetzle being that top #1 Center that Eichel is. A 80 plus point a season player.

And IMO, if they make this trade, rebuild over. This roster with Eichel, a legit #1 Center, is ready to compete.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll