Forums/Armchair-GM

Evolving

Created by: Aussie_Blackhawk
Team: 2021-22 Chicago Blackhawks
Initial Creation Date: Jun. 18, 2021
Published: Jun. 18, 2021
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
It may not be enough for Serg, but the Lightning are strapped for Cap and this certainly helps.

Tell me what you think?
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$1,200,000
2$2,200,000
1$1,000,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
1$1,500,000
Trades
CGY
  1. Nylander, Alexander [RFA Rights]
  2. Strome, Dylan
  3. Zadorov, Nikita [RFA Rights]
  4. 2021 2nd round pick (CHI)
CHI
  1. Sergachev, Mikhail
Additional Details:
Take advantage of TBL cap situation. McDonagh and Hedman are signed long term, Serg plays 3rd line for them. Can play top line for us and Gives TBL some futures that help now and down the track while not effecting them now.
CHI
    Expansion
    CHI
    1. 2021 3rd round pick (CHI)
    MTL
    1. Kämpf, David [RFA Rights]
    Additional Details:
    Replaces Staal on the 4th Line.
    Retained Salary Transactions
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the VGK
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the VAN
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the FLA
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the VGK
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the CHI
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    23$81,500,000$67,626,843$452,439$4,507,500$13,873,157
    Left WingCentreRight Wing
    Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
    $3,700,000$3,700,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    $10,500,000$10,500,000
    C
    NMC
    UFA - 2
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
    C, RW
    RFA - 1
    $6,400,000$6,400,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 2
    Logo of the Calgary Flames
    $6,375,000$6,375,000
    C, LW, RW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $2,625,000$2,625,000
    RW
    NMC
    UFA - 2
    $1,200,000$1,200,000
    LW
    UFA - 3
    $2,200,000$2,200,000
    C, LW
    UFA - 2
    $1,500,000$1,500,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 1
    $3,500,000$3,500,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 2
    $1,000,000$1,000,000
    RW, C
    UFA - 1
    $1,000,000$1,000,000
    C, RW
    UFA - 1
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
    $4,800,000$4,800,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 2
    $3,850,000$3,850,000
    RD
    UFA - 1
    $800,000$800,000
    G
    UFA - 1
    $5,538,462$5,538,462
    LD
    NMC
    UFA - 2
    $894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
    RD
    RFA - 1
    $1,000,000$1,000,000
    G
    UFA - 1
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
    LD
    UFA - 1
    $4,550,000$4,550,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 1
    ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
    $1,350,000$1,350,000
    LD
    RFA - 3
    $6,875,000$6,875,000
    RD
    NMC
    UFA - 3
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$307,500$308K)
    LW, C
    RFA - 3
    $3,900,000$3,900,000
    C, RW
    UFA - 1
    $866,667$866,667
    RD
    RFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Jun. 18, 2021 at 7:45 p.m.
    Not giving you CHI 3rd tho
    Jun. 18, 2021 at 7:46 p.m.
    PULL A TAMPA IGNORE
    unless it is a ridiculous over pay sergechev isn't going anywhere. he also plays the right side with hedman some
    Quoting: GMs
    Not giving you CHI 3rd tho

No probs, for the exercise I used the 3rd but a 4th would prob also get a deal across the line.
    Quoting: Aussie_Blackhawk
    No probs, for the exercise I used the 3rd but a 4th would prob also get a deal across the line.

We got WSH 3rd that we could send
    Aussie_Blackhawk liked this.
    Jun. 18, 2021 at 7:47 p.m.
    Quoting: TheThunder
    unless it is a ridiculous over pay sergechev isn't going anywhere. he also plays the right side with hedman some

Problem is, your going to have some serious cap issues. What if the deal included taking Johnston off your books also?
    Quoting: GMs
    We got WSH 3rd that we could send

Yeah that would be fine.
    GMs liked this.
    I don't see the Flames taking a quantity for quality deal for Monahan
    CJets and Gmonwy liked this.
    Jun. 18, 2021 at 7:48 p.m.
    PULL A TAMPA IGNORE
    Problem is, your going to have some serious cap issues. What if the deal included taking Johnston off your books also?

Both Killorn and palat go first
    Jun. 18, 2021 at 7:50 p.m.
    I love the idea of getting Sergachev, I do think it is mutually beneficial if Tyler Johnson is also included and you take out Mitchell, but add like the vegas 2nd rounder. Also, Id prefer to see Sergachev with Boqvist because I cannot go another year watching Keith play next to Boq
    Jun. 18, 2021 at 7:50 p.m.
    Quoting: Lunatik
    I don't see the Flames taking a quantity for quality deal for Monahan

It gives them Strome who plays 2C in that environment and with Mangiapane/Tkachuk can get back to 50 points+. Nylander who can play 3rd line and his a hometown kid and big Z who Sutter would love as a LD along with #43OA.
    Jun. 18, 2021 at 7:51 p.m.
    Both Killorn and palat go first

And still need to move pieces and replace them.
    Jun. 18, 2021 at 8:02 p.m.
    It gives them Strome who plays 2C in that environment and with Mangiapane/Tkachuk can get back to 50 points+. Nylander who can play 3rd line and his a hometown kid and big Z who Sutter would love as a LD along with #43OA.

You can pump their tires all you want, Flames decline.

We might be interested in a Zadorov deal though if we lose Giordano to expansion.
    Jun. 18, 2021 at 8:06 p.m.
    You can pump their tires all you want, you're trying to feed us a **** sandwich and calling it pulled pork.

Flames decline.

LOL good analogy, though I disagree. I like the Flames and Monahan's value isn't what it has been. Its a good return and your welcome to disagree which you clearly do.

50 Points + 25-30 points + Physical D Man + #43OA its probably one of the better deals that helps the team overall and as someone who follows the flames, its disappointing losing Monahan but the sentiment is there for a change of scenery and this presents players who Sutter will like.
    Jun. 18, 2021 at 8:09 p.m.
    Hawks Fan
    That’s a lot of futures to give up for Sergachev.
    exo2769 liked this.
    Jun. 18, 2021 at 8:10 p.m.
    PULL A TAMPA IGNORE
    And still need to move pieces and replace them. https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/2456100 easy enough
    Jun. 18, 2021 at 8:13 p.m.
    exo2769

Which this is.
    Jco5ta5 liked this.
    Jun. 18, 2021 at 8:14 p.m.
    LOL good analogy, though I disagree. I like the Flames and Monahan's value isn't what it has been. Its a good return and your welcome to disagree which you clearly do.

50 Points + 25-30 points + Physical D Man + #43OA its probably one of the better deals that helps the team overall and as someone who follows the flames, its disappointing losing Monahan but the sentiment is there for a change of scenery and this presents players who Sutter will like.

Its not a good return.

Strome had 1 fluke season and wouldn't be ahead of Backlund in the Flames depth chart.
    Nylander has never reached 30 points and will have been off over a year when next season starts.
    Zadarov was a healthy scratch and carries little value.
    A 2nd, yippie.

You're trying to trade spare parts for a borderline first line center. It's not happening.
    Jun. 18, 2021 at 8:15 p.m.
    PULL A TAMPA IGNORE
    Quoting: exo2769
    Which this is.

not sure its that
    Jun. 18, 2021 at 8:56 p.m.
    not sure its that

Yeah, I mean I've seen much worse offers, but for Tampa to even think about moving Serg they would have to be blown away, which this does not do. If McD is selected or mined in a deal to Seattle, it just makes Serg all the more important moving forward.
    TheThunder liked this.
    Jun. 18, 2021 at 9:42 p.m.
    Quoting: JTBF81
    Yeah, I mean I've seen much worse offers, but for Tampa to even think about moving Serg they would have to be blown away, which this does not do. If McD is selected or mined in a deal to Seattle, it just makes Serg all the more important moving forward.

Only if McD is selected, which I doubt they would want to take on a deal like that. If Johnson is added to this deal it makes more sense as it helps you with your cap situation a lot.
    Jun. 18, 2021 at 10:00 p.m.
    Its not a good return.

Strome had 1 fluke season and wouldn't be ahead of Backlund in the Flames depth chart.
    Nylander has never reached 30 points and will have been off over a year when next season starts.
    Zadarov was a healthy scratch and carries little value.
    A 2nd, yippie.

You're trying to trade spare parts for a borderline first line center. It's not happening.

Thats your version of the events.

Monahan is a .74ppg player over the course of his career with Flames, Strome is .67ppg with Blackhawks, sure the samples are vastly different that is why the other value is added.They both had career years at the 18-19 and have both experienced production decline but I believe both will bounce back. I know you don't agree though I believe its mutually beneficial. You're entitled to your opinion as much as me though I've had a couple of old flamers review this trade and haven't received the response you've shared.
    Jun. 18, 2021 at 10:33 p.m.
    Only if McD is selected, which I doubt they would want to take on a deal like that. If Johnson is added to this deal it makes more sense as it helps you with your cap situation a lot.

Except Tampa will very likely work a deal to have Seattle take one of McD or Johnson. McD would very likely be the best defenseman they would have a realistic chance at, if Tampa goes that route. Johnson has 20 teams that Brisebois can deal with if Francis asks for the moon. Ultimately, Tampa isn't attaching Serg to move Johnson, and they would need an amazing offer to move a player like Serg at this time. They don't need to move him to be compliant, even if they keep McD, as multiple line ups for next year have shown.
    Jun. 19, 2021 at 1:30 a.m.
    Except Tampa will very likely work a deal to have Seattle take one of McD or Johnson. McD would very likely be the best defenseman they would have a realistic chance at, if Tampa goes that route. Johnson has 20 teams that Brisebois can deal with if Francis asks for the moon. Ultimately, Tampa isn't attaching Serg to move Johnson, and they would need an amazing offer to move a player like Serg at this time. They don't need to move him to be compliant, even if they keep McD, as multiple line ups for next year have shown.

Im very keen to see how Tampa go, they got cap problems coming this season and next when point needs extending then the next year you got Serg and Cirelli. You will be losing some players that you wouldn't like to, thats how it works in the cap world. You've had great success and have a good chance of winning the cup this year and the next couple but its hard to keep everyone.

Im not as convinced they take McD. That contract is horrendous
    Jun. 19, 2021 at 3:46 a.m.
    Im very keen to see how Tampa go, they got cap problems coming this season and next when point needs extending then the next year you got Serg and Cirelli. You will be losing some players that you wouldn't like to, thats how it works in the cap world. You've had great success and have a good chance of winning the cup this year and the next couple but its hard to keep everyone.

Im not as convinced they take McD. That contract is horrendous

The raises are already pretty much planned, and yes, Tampa will be losing some depth players they'd like to keep. McD's contract is far from horrendous, although the last couple of years may not be great. If Tampa exposes him, Seattle would be foolish just to toss away a dman who would be their #1 D easily. Not many teams are going to possibly make a dman of his caliber available. Tampa may have to add a very small sweetener if the two sides make a deal, but it won't be much.

The players Tampa won't be losing in the next 2-3 years are Point, Serg, Cernak, Cirelli, Colton, and probably Gourde, in addition to the other main core guys.. It's almost a certainty that Johnson is gone this offseason, as is one of Palat or Killorn(more think Palat due to higher trade value, but we'll see). If McD is moved, either by him waiving his ntc and being traded elsewhere, or being drafted/traded to Seattle, then Tampa's cap is even more easily solved for the.next 2 years.

In any case, Tampa fans have been hearing about how the team will have no choice but lose so and so great young player due to the cap for 5 or 6 years now, and yet they have kept the players they've wanted to keep. Only because of the flat cap will Tampa have to lose an extra player, but they won't be the only team getting pinched. Tampa would never trade a dman like Serg for a poor lottery ticket in a weak draft class and talented but lesser substitutes. Tampa is not jettisoning one of the most valuable pieces of their current and future d core for maybes in the middle of their window. Tampa doesn't operate like that, since they have a good front office and GM.
    Jun. 19, 2021 at 7:31 p.m.
    The raises are already pretty much planned, and yes, Tampa will be losing some depth players they'd like to keep. McD's contract is far from horrendous, although the last couple of years may not be great. If Tampa exposes him, Seattle would be foolish just to toss away a dman who would be their #1 D easily. Not many teams are going to possibly make a dman of his caliber available. Tampa may have to add a very small sweetener if the two sides make a deal, but it won't be much.

The players Tampa won't be losing in the next 2-3 years are Point, Serg, Cernak, Cirelli, Colton, and probably Gourde, in addition to the other main core guys.. It's almost a certainty that Johnson is gone this offseason, as is one of Palat or Killorn(more think Palat due to higher trade value, but we'll see). If McD is moved, either by him waiving his ntc and being traded elsewhere, or being drafted/traded to Seattle, then Tampa's cap is even more easily solved for the.next 2 years.

In any case, Tampa fans have been hearing about how the team will have no choice but lose so and so great young player due to the cap for 5 or 6 years now, and yet they have kept the players they've wanted to keep. Only because of the flat cap will Tampa have to lose an extra player, but they won't be the only team getting pinched. Tampa would never trade a dman like Serg for a poor lottery ticket in a weak draft class and talented but lesser substitutes. Tampa is not jettisoning one of the most valuable pieces of their current and future d core for maybes in the middle of their window. Tampa doesn't operate like that, since they have a good front office and GM.

Although I agree with some of the points you've made above regarding the Cap compliancy, I don't think other teams are going to be so friendly in what you will get for those players or in SEA case, I think you will be giving up a 1st or something you don't want to. Francis has reportedly been asking high prices from teams looking to protect players they can't protect, I imagine the same could be said about taking on contracts to help other teams also.

I think we can both agree this is going to be an interesting off season and I'm intrigued as to what/how Tampa moves their pieces. Ive seen how we got hit during our dynasty and now its Tampas turn IMO.
    JTBF81 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll