Forums/Armchair-GM

ATTN LEAFS FANS - STOP THE REILLY TRADES

Created by: Mr_Gardoki
Team: 2021-22 Pittsburgh Penguins
Initial Creation Date: Jun. 19, 2021
Published: Jun. 20, 2021
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
I guess some bogus rumor came out that the Pens would be in on Reilly.

1) Hextall has made it clear he's not trading any major picks or prospects unless it's a deal that's too good to pass up, and one year of Reilly is not worth a 1st or major prospect for one year for the Penguins.

2) Below is the Pens situation if they're lucky enough for Seattle to take Zucker, which isn't to say Zucker can't be moved or is bad, it's just a large contract the Pens can take right off the books. In this scenario the Pens still have to sign two forwards and leave room for the likes of Poulin if he's ready or another 13th forward, which will cost MORE than the $3.2M that's freed up.

3) The Pens have FIVE left-handed defenseman and need to move one of Pettersson or Matheson just to make more room for the Pens to fill out the line up with the bare minimum and bring in one more right-handed dman. Ruhwedel and Freidman won't be starting dmen.

4) Goaltending is the other major priority for the Pens. Not dmen and especially not dmen the Pens have a logjam of.

JUST STOP
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$800,000
3$2,000,000
3$2,250,000
3$800,000
Trades
PIT
    Expansion
    SEA
    1. Zucker, Jason
    Additional Details:
    Expansion
    Buyouts
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the PIT
    Logo of the PIT
    Logo of the PIT
    Logo of the WSH
    Logo of the ANA
    Logo of the PIT
    Logo of the PIT
    Logo of the PIT
    Logo of the PIT
    Logo of the PIT
    Logo of the PIT
    Logo of the PIT
    Logo of the PIT
    Logo of the PIT
    Logo of the PIT
    Logo of the PIT
    Logo of the PIT
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    21$81,500,000$76,781,539$0$212,500$4,718,461
    Left WingCentreRight Wing
    Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
    $4,500,000$4,500,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 3
    $8,700,000$8,700,000
    C
    NMC
    UFA - 4
    $3,500,000$3,500,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 1
    $9,500,000$9,500,000
    C
    NMC
    UFA - 1
    $3,200,000$3,200,000
    RW
    UFA - 1
    $2,940,000$2,940,000
    C, LW
    UFA - 1
    $2,636,364$2,636,364
    RW, C
    UFA - 1
    $2,000,000$2,000,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    $2,250,000$2,250,000
    C, LW
    UFA - 2
    $3,500,000$3,500,000
    LW, RW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 4
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $4,025,175$4,025,175
    LD
    UFA - 4
    $7,250,000$7,250,000
    RD
    M-NTC, NMC
    UFA - 1
    $3,500,000$3,500,000
    G
    UFA - 2
    $4,100,000$4,100,000
    LD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $4,400,000$4,400,000
    RD
    UFA - 6
    $1,250,000$1,250,000
    G
    UFA - 1
    $4,875,000$4,875,000
    LD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 5
    $750,000$750,000
    RD
    UFA - 1
    $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
    LD
    RFA - 1
    $725,000$725,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 1
    $1,150,000$1,150,000
    LD
    UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Jun. 20, 2021 at 11:58 a.m.
    C,mon Leafs...Please
    Rielly + Hutchinson for Crosby

...Geez don't tell me to not push the red button. I just can't resist.... You're cruel!! frown
    Mr_Gardoki liked this.
    Jun. 20, 2021 at 11:59 a.m.
    Banned
    Quoting: Britishbulldog
    Rielly + Hutchinson for Crosby

...Geez don't tell me to not push the red button. You're cruel!!

LOL
    Britishbulldog liked this.
    Jun. 20, 2021 at 12:11 p.m.
    GO FLAMES GO
    Some of then don't care about these posts they think that they can get whatever they want for anyone. Like Tkachuk for Marner when Flames fans have shot that idea down MANY times
    Jun. 20, 2021 at 12:39 p.m.
    MisstheWhalers
    I see lots of Rielly trades on here and I just don't see the Leafs trading him, I get this site is all about the hypothetical but I just don't see it happening.

I mean is Dubas really going to trade a legit top 4 dman out of this defense? Is he going to put all his eggs in the Sandin basket? I don't think he will, my guess is he signs some cheap vets and brings in a pending UFA with retained salary via trade to compliment the top 6 and moves Kerfoot to Seattle for some cap savings.
    Jun. 20, 2021 at 1:04 p.m.
    If they took Matheson back in the deal, then maybe. But leafs fans would hate that idea. And not sure Pens organization would even be interested in that.
    Jun. 20, 2021 at 1:10 p.m.
    Banned
    Quoting: LetsGoPens69
    If they took Matheson back in the deal, then maybe. But leafs fans would hate that idea. And not sure Pens organization would even be interested in that.

It still doesn't work financially. The Pens would then need to move Pettersson as well which doesn't make sense to move two LD's + Zucker out for one year of Reilly.

I, along with others, have been moving Zucker, Pettersson and Matheson out, but it's unlikely all three are gone. The Pens won't move heaven and earth for one year of Reilly, not to mention give up high draft picks or Rust.
    LetsGoPens69 liked this.
    Jun. 20, 2021 at 1:24 p.m.
    Quoting: Mr_Gardoki
    It still doesn't work financially. The Pens would then need to move Pettersson as well which doesn't make sense to move two LD's + Zucker out for one year of Reilly.

I, along with others, have been moving Zucker, Pettersson and Matheson out, but it's unlikely all three are gone. The Pens won't move heaven and earth for one year of Reilly, not to mention give up high draft picks or Rust.

Very unlikely all 3 are gone. Unlikely even one is gone.

If they took Matheson at 4.8M plus added wamhatever back it would work. Rielly is only making 5M. That’s only 200k and Pens lose all that term. They would for sure have to add to the deal, but I’m sure the Pens would take on 200K and Rielly for one season for 5 more seasons of Matheson’s 4.8M.

But again, all Leafs fans would hate that idea. Even if it was Poulin and Matheson.

And the Pens organization already said this years 2nd round pick isn’t included in their trade chips. They will not trade it.
    Jun. 20, 2021 at 1:26 p.m.
    Banned
    Very unlikely all 3 are gone. Unlikely even one is gone.

If they took Matheson at 4.8M plus added wamhatever back it would work. Rielly is only making 5M. That’s only 200k and Pens lose all that term. They would for sure have to add to the deal, but I’m sure the Pens would take on 200K and Rielly for one season for 5 more seasons of Matheson’s 4.8M.

But again, all Leafs fans would hate that idea. Even if it was Poulin and Matheson.

Leafs fans would hate any idea where they didn't get 1st rounders for everything lol
    LetsGoPens69 liked this.
    Jun. 20, 2021 at 1:27 p.m.
    I’m a Leafs fan and I don’t think the Pens need Reilly.
    LetsGoPens69 and Mr_Gardoki liked this.
    Jun. 20, 2021 at 1:32 p.m.
    Banned
    Quoting: Leafsfan16
    I’m a Leafs fan and I don’t think the Pens need Reilly.

I still wish I knew the source of this rumor that's made this trade idea run rampant.
    Jun. 20, 2021 at 1:47 p.m.
    I still wish I knew the source of this rumor that's made this trade idea run rampant.

Lol Idek where this rumour came from I just see people making Reilly to Penguins trades on here.
    Mr_Gardoki liked this.
    Jun. 20, 2021 at 1:58 p.m.
    Agreed man. We need to move one of Pettersson/Matheson and promote POJ. Our main focus is adding physical forwards and possibly a 1B goalie. We need a 3RD, but that isnt the main focus this offseason.
    Mr_Gardoki liked this.
    Jun. 20, 2021 at 2:12 p.m.
    neslow92
    You will most likely move Pettersson, That matheson contract is brutalllll, even though he played well this year, the flat cap does not help your cause.
    Jun. 20, 2021 at 2:21 p.m.
    Banned
    Quoting: wolsen92
    You will most likely move Pettersson, That matheson contract is brutalllll, even though he played well this year, the flat cap does not help your cause.

Oh absolutely. Two of Zucker, Pettersson and Matheson are gone, but not all three. I'm honestly ok with Matheson. He was very good for us, but I'd like Ceci brought back to play with him. More to your point, the flat cap is hurting us, so Reilly isn't even a thought to entertain.
    Jun. 20, 2021 at 10:50 p.m.
    Banned

I will make an honest attempt of this later for ****s and giggles.
    Jun. 20, 2021 at 10:56 p.m.
    Banned
    I think they are sending a LD to seattle.
    I think that deal is done. I also think it's Matheson.

I'm not saying they shouldn't move Zucker.
    I think if they really want to shake it up, McCann and Zucker are gone.
    I would rather move McCann before Zucker though.

I think the LW side needs a retool in the middle 6.
    They need more physical play out of this team. They can't win games with Jake moping up the ice with his face all game.
    These are honest conversations that need to be had. If there is a push, there needs to be a shove off a tall building reply.
    It really starts with the coach though. Stick checking does not work in the playoffs. No one cares in the regular season. It's just a game.
    They need to play the body. Guys like Crosby don't hit anyone. When you captain doesn't lay hit, the coach doesn't bark it, then what you get is a soft team. Which is what they are.
    Things need to change if they are going to win. You can be fast and skilled and still play physical.
    aadoyle and MisstheWhalers liked this.
    Jun. 21, 2021 at 10:56 a.m.
    neslow92
    Oh absolutely. Two of Zucker, Pettersson and Matheson are gone, but not all three. I'm honestly ok with Matheson. He was very good for us, but I'd like Ceci brought back to play with him. More to your point, the flat cap is hurting us, so Reilly isn't even a thought to entertain.

I agree, you might also need to give up a pick or two to get rid of these contracts, Zucker might be fine, but MP might need a pick. Its all subjective, but I think MP might not have the value that we all think he could have. The term hurts him. I think you should keep Zucker, he played well with Crosby. I cant see Hexy making a big move to break the bank like GMJR. His second biggest FA signing in Philly was Dale Weise. Different Circumstances but he might not be aggressive. Interesting to watch....
    Jun. 21, 2021 at 11:00 a.m.
    Banned
    I agree, you might also need to give up a pick or two to get rid of these contracts, Zucker might be fine, but MP might need a pick. Its all subjective, but I think MP might not have the value that we all think he could have. The term hurts him. I think you should keep Zucker, he played well with Crosby. I cant see Hexy making a big move to break the bank like GMJR. His second biggest FA signing in Philly was Dale Weise. Different Circumstances but he might not be aggressive. Interesting to watch....

Well you're touching on something many Pens fans were frustrated with. Zucker isn't a bad player, not by a long shot. He a rough start to the season like many good players did and just never found his footing, but he had very good success with Sid. That said, Jake is never getting moved off Sid's line, so we won't see Zucker up there and conversely, Jake was awesome with Geno when Sid was injured.

I respectfully disagree on Pettersson, but obviously we won't know until it all happens. I think he has value and can get decent return either for futures or in a hockey trade.

And yeah, I don't expect any major moves aside from them trying to pull off a trade/signing for a better goalie.
    Jun. 22, 2021 at 4:23 p.m.
    neslow92
    Well you're touching on something many Pens fans were frustrated with. Zucker isn't a bad player, not by a long shot. He a rough start to the season like many good players did and just never found his footing, but he had very good success with Sid. That said, Jake is never getting moved off Sid's line, so we won't see Zucker up there and conversely, Jake was awesome with Geno when Sid was injured.

I respectfully disagree on Pettersson, but obviously we won't know until it all happens. I think he has value and can get decent return either for futures or in a hockey trade.

And yeah, I don't expect any major moves aside from them trying to pull off a trade/signing for a better goalie.

A lot of Pens fans have Hexy signing Ullmark or making a trade for a Goalie, but I truly believe he will sign Petr Mrazek.
    Jun. 22, 2021 at 4:26 p.m.
    Banned
    A lot of Pens fans have Hexy signing Ullmark or making a trade for a Goalie, but I truly believe he will sign Petr Mrazek.

I had us signing Ullmark in one, but I admitted I had no clue what his rate would be. The goalie thing is a bigger mystery right now. Either they're moving Jarry for a perceived upgrade or bringing a vet to mentor him.
    Jun. 22, 2021 at 4:27 p.m.
    neslow92
    I had us signing Ullmark in one, but I admitted I had no clue what his rate would be. The goalie thing is a bigger mystery right now. Either they're moving Jarry for a perceived upgrade or bringing a vet to mentor him.

I think the Vet coming in is what will happen, Hexy will not shallow on Jarry just after one poor series, Fleury has had many of those in the past and look at him now.
    Jun. 22, 2021 at 7:45 p.m.
    Hakuna Matata
    Quoting: MisstheWhalers
    I see lots of Rielly trades on here and I just don't see the Leafs trading him, I get this site is all about the hypothetical but I just don't see it happening.

I mean is Dubas really going to trade a legit top 4 dman out of this defense? Is he going to put all his eggs in the Sandin basket? I don't think he will, my guess is he signs some cheap vets and brings in a pending UFA with retained salary via trade to compliment the top 6 and moves Kerfoot to Seattle for some cap savings.

I have a feeling Rielly is gone. As we saw Muzzin can QB unit 2 and Sandin unit 1.

If Dubas moves Rielly and signs a cheaper top 4 option like Oleksiak or McCabe to play with Brodie we can use the extra space to sign another player
    Jun. 22, 2021 at 7:47 p.m.
    Hakuna Matata
    Quoting: pharrow
    I think they are sending a LD to seattle.
    I think that deal is done. I also think it's Matheson.

I'm not saying they shouldn't move Zucker.
    I think if they really want to shake it up, McCann and Zucker are gone.
    I would rather move McCann before Zucker though.

I think the LW side needs a retool in the middle 6.
    They need more physical play out of this team. They can't win games with Jake moping up the ice with his face all game.
    These are honest conversations that need to be had. If there is a push, there needs to be a shove off a tall building reply.
    It really starts with the coach though. Stick checking does not work in the playoffs. No one cares in the regular season. It's just a game.
    They need to play the body. Guys like Crosby don't hit anyone. When you captain doesn't lay hit, the coach doesn't bark it, then what you get is a soft team. Which is what they are.
    Things need to change if they are going to win. You can be fast and skilled and still play physical.

I agree moving Zucker for nothing would be stupid. Especially when you consider we paid a 1st for him

As for Seattle got to think its Matheson.

In general I can see them shaking up the bottom 6 forward core and 2nd pair D unit.
    pharrow liked this.
    Jun. 22, 2021 at 7:51 p.m.
    Banned
    Quoting: aadoyle
    I agree moving Zucker for nothing would be stupid. Especially when you consider we paid a 1st for him

As for Seattle got to think its Matheson.

In general I can see them shaking up the bottom 6 forward core and 2nd pair D unit.

Again, like in the other thread, you're so wrong it's not even funny. Seattle is not taking Matheson lol.
    Jun. 22, 2021 at 8:04 p.m.
    Hakuna Matata
    Again, like in the other thread, you're so wrong it's not even funny. Seattle is not taking Matheson lol.

Its either Matheson or Petterson and if Penguins lose Petterson for nothing then this organization aint right

If you think they are gonna give up Zucker after losing arguably a 1st and Addision for him then that aint smart thinking

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll