Forums/Armchair-GM

Jack Eichel to CBJ Sleeper Trade

Created by: hockey216
Team: 2021-22 Buffalo Sabres
Initial Creation Date: Jun. 20, 2021
Published: Jun. 20, 2021
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
I am not convinced there is going to be some big return for Eichel and I believe the Jackets who are in desperate need of a center could take a decent swing here to hold off a rebuild. I think #5, a top 6 winger and two second tier prospects maybe the best offer Buffalo gets.
Trades
BUF
  1. Angle, Tyler
  2. Bjorkstrand, Oliver
  3. Marchenko, Kirill [Reserve List]
  4. 2021 1st round pick (CBJ)
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the COL
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
13$81,500,000$43,714,749$113,916$932,500$37,785,251
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
$9,000,000$9,000,000
LW, RW
NMC
UFA - 6
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$3,050,000$3,050,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$2,250,000$2,250,000
C
UFA - 1
$1,400,000$1,400,000
C
UFA - 2
$1,600,000$1,600,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C, LW
UFA - 2
$2,200,000$2,200,000
LW, C
UFA - 2
Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets
$850,833$850,833 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
C
RFA - 3
Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets
$5,400,000$5,400,000
RW, LW
UFA - 5
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$889,166$889,166
LD/RD
RFA - 1
$5,400,000$5,400,000
RD
UFA - 1
$3,875,000$3,875,000
RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jun. 20, 2021 at 11:05 p.m.
Sabres fan
If the best offer a buffalo gets is a first round pick in a weak draft, and otherwise spare parts then Jack Eichel can kick rocks until a better offer comes along. Contrary to popular belief the Sabres are under no obligation to trade Jack Eichel for anything less than his worth. Which means maybe he starts the season in Buffalo until his value is reflected in the better trade offer they should be getting.
Xqb15a and Jdfitz77 liked this.
Jun. 20, 2021 at 11:08 p.m.
Banned
0 chance CBJ does this.
Jun. 20, 2021 at 11:08 p.m.
I don’t the think the Sabres would be interested in marchenko. They have no scouts in Russia, no Russian players on the roster, and not 1 Russian prospect in the system. They’ve been staying away. I’m guessing to avoid the kaprizov situation.
Jun. 20, 2021 at 11:14 p.m.
CbjSabresDucks
Quoting: Tjm220
If the best offer a buffalo gets is a first round pick in a weak draft, and otherwise spare parts then Jack Eichel can kick rocks until a better offer comes along. Contrary to popular belief the Sabres are under no obligation to trade Jack Eichel for anything less than his worth. Which means maybe he starts the season in Buffalo until his value is reflected in the better trade offer they should be getting.

Wait did you just call Oliver Bjorkstrand a "spare part"
VijayPatel11 and Ajp_18 liked this.
Jun. 20, 2021 at 11:16 p.m.
Quoting: Tjm220

Bjorkstrand is hardly spare parts, he is a legit top 6 winger under a somewhat reasonable contract.
Jun. 20, 2021 at 11:17 p.m.
Quoting: MJCrv
I don’t the think the Sabres would be interested in marchenko. They have no scouts in Russia, no Russian players on the roster, and not 1 Russian prospect in the system. They’ve been staying away. I’m guessing to avoid the kaprizov situation.

That’s fair and a good point. Hard to find a decent prospect in CBJ system though that seems like they have potential while also in an area of depth for CBJ.
Jun. 20, 2021 at 11:40 p.m.
Sabres fan
Quoting: hockey216
Bjorkstrand is hardly spare parts, he is a legit top 6 winger under a somewhat reasonable contract.

I agree Bjorkstrand is not spare parts. I wasn’t actually referring to him. I doubt Columbus would be willing to give him up either.
Jun. 21, 2021 at 12:15 a.m.
Quoting: pharrow
0 chance CBJ does this.

ZERO chance that a PENS FAN has any idea whatsoever what the CBj GM would or wouldn’t be willing to give up

The arrogance in all you Eichel trade haters is astounding
Get a grip
Jun. 21, 2021 at 2:02 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: Jdfitz77
ZERO chance that a PENS FAN has any idea whatsoever what the CBj GM would or wouldn’t be willing to give up

The arrogance in all you Eichel trade haters is astounding
Get a grip

this PENS fan has watched more CBJ games than you ever have.
There is 0 chance they do this.
5th OA, Their best forward. Awesome project. They aren't gutting the team for Jack.
Jun. 21, 2021 at 3:18 a.m.
Quoting: pharrow
this PENS fan has watched more CBJ games than you ever have.
There is 0 chance they do this.
5th OA, Their best forward. Awesome project. They aren't gutting the team for Jack.

Your OPINION is noted
However, you don’t KNOW that- you just think it
Watching CBj games doesn’t mean u have a clue what their GM will or won’t do

Thinking u do know this just shows how arrogantly foolish u are

Idc care about your OPINION
We’ll see what happens

Stop talking to me
Bye now
Jun. 21, 2021 at 7:44 a.m.
Your OPINION is noted

We’ll see what happens

Stop talking to me
Bye now

Ok so as a jackets fan because that’s apparently somewhat of a measuring stick, I wouldn’t do this either. If we’re getting eichel it’ll be for a majority futures (draft picks) and few nhl players like domi and korpi.

It’s not meant as an insult but as reality. If we trade for jack we’re gonna want to compete now and trading bjorkstrand is not how we do that. We’d be worse than Buffalo last year. We need bjorkstrand to drive the second line or the Buffalo trade is meaningless. So no I agree with the “pens” fan.
Respectfully.
As an FYI this “pens fan” has always been very knowledgeable abou the jackets and have always though their insight very helpful especially looking at in from the outside. Not a bad proposal but not one that works for the jackets plans for now or future
bunnymcfoo liked this.
Jun. 21, 2021 at 10:27 a.m.
Banned
Your OPINION is noted

We’ll see what happens
tears of joy
Stop talking to me
Bye now

we'll see what happens tears of joy
not this. I'm sure everyone one knows not this tears of joy
Jun. 21, 2021 at 5:16 p.m.
Quoting: The_Cannon
Ok so as a jackets fan because that’s apparently somewhat of a measuring stick, I wouldn’t do this either. If we’re getting eichel it’ll be for a majority futures (draft picks) and few nhl players like domi and korpi.

It’s not meant as an insult but as reality. If we trade for jack we’re gonna want to compete now and trading bjorkstrand is not how we do that. We’d be worse than Buffalo last year. We need bjorkstrand to drive the second line or the Buffalo trade is meaningless. So no I agree with the “pens” fan.
Respectfully.
As an FYI this “pens fan” has always been very knowledgeable abou the jackets and have always though their insight very helpful especially looking at in from the outside. Not a bad proposal but not one that works for the jackets plans for now or future

I’m all for differing opinions & FUN discussion

I’m NOT for arrogant posts that act like they’re the GMs best friend & blatantly wanna tell everyone else that they are right & you are wrong

It’s childish & ridiculous
And I’m not wasting my time conversing with someone like Pharrow- who just wants to scream his OPINIONS like they’re FACTS

I do appreciate your reply though
Personally, i don’t think Columbus is a great trade partner for the Sabres
Imo, we’d be looking for higher end prospects/young players

One of your goalies could be interesting to us though
Just don’t think that would be in an Eichel trade
Maybe for Ristolainen or possible in a package for Reinhart???
Friendly_Cannon liked this.
Jun. 21, 2021 at 5:39 p.m.
I’m all for differing opinions & FUN discussion

I’m NOT for arrogant posts that act like they’re the GMs best friend & blatantly wanna tell everyone else that they are right & you are wrong

It’s childish & ridiculous
And I’m not wasting my time conversing with someone like Pharrow- who just wants to scream his OPINIONS like they’re FACTS

I do appreciate your reply though
Personally, i don’t think Columbus is a great trade partner for the Sabres
Imo, we’d be looking for higher end prospects/young players

One of your goalies could be interesting to us though
Just don’t think that would be in an Eichel trade
Maybe for Ristolainen or possible in a package for Reinhart???

While we can disagree with our interpretations of Pharrow

However I’ve liked the idea of bringing in Reinhart to cbj. There has been a major rift beteeen the fanbases in the value of Reinhart as his value can fluctuate with the trade destination and ramifications. He has stated he does not want to go through a rebuild. So he would be less inclined to sign with us. Therefore we’d have to be very careful in what we offer with it potentially being aone year rental.
I’ve proposed korpi the Toronto first and foudy with a short term extension in place ahead of the trade before with some sucsess with more level headed people while others seem to think they’ll get the 5th pick for him. (Which is a non starter for Reinhart even extended IMO).

It’s a very intriguing trade but a trade that could work for both teams. Sabers get a young forward a first round pick and a starting/ 1b goalie.
Jun. 21, 2021 at 6:01 p.m.
Quoting: The_Cannon
While we can disagree with our interpretations of Pharrow

However I’ve liked the idea of bringing in Reinhart to cbj. There has been a major rift beteeen the fanbases in the value of Reinhart as his value can fluctuate with the trade destination and ramifications. He has stated he does not want to go through a rebuild. So he would be less inclined to sign with us. Therefore we’d have to be very careful in what we offer with it potentially being aone year rental.
I’ve proposed korpi the Toronto first and foudy with a short term extension in place ahead of the trade before with some sucsess with more level headed people while others seem to think they’ll get the 5th pick for him. (Which is a non starter for Reinhart even extended IMO).

It’s a very intriguing trade but a trade that could work for both teams. Sabers get a young forward a first round pick and a starting/ 1b goalie.

I think you’re in the ballpark
Friendly_Cannon liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll