Forums/Mock-Draft

Three rounds of Mock Draft with comments

Three rounds of Mock Draft with comments

Draft Class: 2021
Created By: AFox23
Published: Jun. 22, 2021 at 3:46 p.m.
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-seems to be a lock
2Logo of the Seattle Kraken-This may be early but guy may be best forward in draft
3Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-I know Ducks need offense so they take top scoring winger
4Logo of the New Jersey Devils-Holes everywhere to fill but maybe this time they will get a good centre
5Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-Can lock this one in too. Seth Jones will be who-knows-where and here is the replacement
6Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-Feel good about this one. Wings have very solid pipeline and the goalie is the missing piece.
7Logo of the San Jose Sharks-Sharks have plenty of offensive players but their defense is getting old.
8Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-LD is a big need for Kings and this pick assumes Lambos is healthy (he either goes top-10 if healthy or in 2nd/3rd round)
9Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-Eklund can play anywhere, but helps solidify an already solid forward group
10Logo of the Ottawa Senators-I feel really good about this pick here too. The team need seems to match the player perfectly.
11Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-
Draft Pick Forfeited
12Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-They have had some health issues at centre that they need to fix
13Logo of the Calgary Flames-Righty winger with speed. Just what Flames need. I am a poet indeed.
14Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-I know they are going to say RD here but this guy is best defensive D left
15Logo of the Dallas Stars-This is my moon-shoot pick. Heard it here first guys.
16Logo of the New York Rangers-Pick is probably traded for established centre, but in meantime.
17Logo of the St. Louis Blues-By the time Binnington fades this guy will be ready
18Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-This guy can replace Blake Wheeler in year or two
19Logo of the Nashville Predators-Preds need someone dynamic on offense
20Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-Give this guy some space and Oilers will love him
21Logo of the Boston Bruins-Still missing Torrey Krug and B's try to fill with puck-moving d-man
22Logo of the Minnesota Wild-Wild still need a centre and luckily one falls to them
23Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the Washington CapitalsWings took a goalie earlier, so now are taking the future Seider linemate
24Logo of the Florida Panthers-I am guessing this pick will be Seattle's pick eventually, but for now Panthers take Yandle replacement
25Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsLogo of the Toronto Maple LeafsBlue Jackets took RD first now getting a scoring centre
26Logo of the Minnesota WildLogo of the Pittsburgh PenguinsThe Wild will likely lose a dman in expansion so this restocks the cupboard
27Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-Canes looked a little soft in playoffs and could use some physicality
28Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-This pick seems like great fit. Avs needs some additional scoring and can be patient to let him get healthy. Eventual Kadri replacement or Newhook linemate
29Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-Habs add some edge to Suzuki Caulfield line
30Logo of the New Jersey DevilsLogo of the New York IslandersDevils add some size
31Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsLogo of the Tampa Bay LightningColumbus can take a risk with 3rd pick
32Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-The brother thing seems to be popular these days
ROUND 2TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
33Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-Risto 2.0
34Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-Similar to Drysdale
35Logo of the Seattle Kraken-Seattle building offensive show
36Logo of the Vegas Golden KnightsLogo of the New Jersey DevilsOffensive C
37Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Columbus Blue JacketsOskar (Meyer)...Kessel replacement
38Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-Why, Stevie Y?
39Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the San Jose SharksWill beat out Brannstrom in two years
40Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-Best stick-handler in draft
41Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-Project d-man
42Logo of the Ottawa Senators-Logan Brown 2.0
43Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-Scoring machine. Wicked Havaahd Smaaht
44Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-
45Logo of the Calgary Flames-
46Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-
47Logo of the Dallas Stars-
48Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the New York Rangers
49Logo of the Los Angeles KingsLogo of the St. Louis Blues
50Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-
51Logo of the Nashville Predators-
52Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the Edmonton Oilers
53Logo of the Buffalo SabresLogo of the Boston Bruins
54Logo of the Minnesota Wild-
55Logo of the Washington Capitals-
56Logo of the Florida Panthers-
57Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs-
58Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins-
59Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-
60Logo of the New York IslandersLogo of the Colorado Avalanche
61Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-
62Logo of the New Jersey DevilsLogo of the New York Islanders
63Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
64Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Vegas Golden Knights
Jun. 22, 2021 at 3:51 p.m.
There is no I way hughes drops past 7 let alone 21
Jun. 22, 2021 at 4:07 p.m.
Speak of the Devil
"Devils finally draft a good center"

Pretty ironic coming from a Rangers fan.
Jun. 22, 2021 at 4:19 p.m.
If Eklund and Hughes are available for San Jose, that's their pick
Jun. 22, 2021 at 4:44 p.m.
Risto 2.0 isn’t a good thing
Jun. 22, 2021 at 9:58 p.m.
Devils Guy
Quoting: Devil1122
"Devils finally draft a good center"

Pretty ironic coming from a Rangers fan.

You think if Beniers is at #4 we draft him? Or we trade down, get an asset and maybe still draft Hughes?
Jun. 22, 2021 at 11:30 p.m.
Steve
Det’s pipeline lacks a true first line C or a Top pairing LD. The pipeline has a lot of middle 6 and top 4 guys but nothing elite outside of the wing and Mo Seider. Goalie is the one position where quality players frequently hit FA, I highly doubt Det takes a G at 6. Stevie also places a lot of stock in G size (bishop, Vas, etc); I think he'd prefer Cossa to Walstead; if he’s sitting there at 22, Stevie picks him but not in the top 10.
Jun. 23, 2021 at 1:32 a.m.
GO FLAMES GO
Why is Lucius so low?
Jun. 23, 2021 at 3:57 a.m.
Your favorite Ranger
Quoting: Stevierebz
Det’s pipeline lacks a true first line C or a Top pairing LD. The pipeline has a lot of middle 6 and top 4 guys but nothing elite outside of the wing and Mo Seider. Goalie is the one position where quality players frequently hit FA, I highly doubt Det takes a G at 6. Stevie also places a lot of stock in G size (bishop, Vas, etc); I think he'd prefer Cossa to Walstead; if he’s sitting there at 22, Stevie picks him but not in the top 10.

Great feedback. I really appreciate hearing this. I wish everyone who disagrees with a selection could be as helpful and informative as this.
Jun. 23, 2021 at 4:24 a.m.
Your favorite Ranger
Quoting: Gmonwy
Why is Lucius so low?

Injury risk.

As I am sure you know, he missed most of the year following a fairly major knee surgery to correct bone lesions on his knees. There is some concern that it could become a continuing concern or reoccurring injury. He is a top-10 or even top-5 talent without the injury, but falls due to that risk.

Quoting: DevilsFan22
There is no I way hughes drops past 7 let alone 21

Well, first I have had Hughes on my rankings at around 15-18 overall. Second, there is a little injury drop-off as well. He had a skate cut through a tendon in his foot in March. Missed last few months of season and U18 tournament. Not expected to be reoccurring probably as it was just kind of a freak accident, but falls a few spots because of it here.

How I rank d-man for first couple of rounds (in tiers)

1. Owen Power
2. Brandt Clarke
3. Simon Edvinsson
4. Carson Lambos

5. Daniil Chayka
6. Luke Hughes
7. Brett Johnson

8. Stanislav Svozil
9. Vladislav Lukashevich
10. Logan Mailloux

10. Corson Ceulemans
11. Dmitry Kostenko
12. Scott Morrow
13. Aleksi Heimosalmi
14. Sean Behrens
15. Jack Bar

16. Cameron Whynot
17. Kirill Kirsanov
18. Evan Nause
19. Shai Buium
20. Ryan Ufko
21. Jack Peart
22. Aidan Hreschuk
Jun. 23, 2021 at 9:31 a.m.
Speak of the Devil
Quoting: DevilsFanZack13
You think if Beniers is at #4 we draft him? Or we trade down, get an asset and maybe still draft Hughes?

We don't need Beniers with J. Hughes and Nico. I think Luke Hughes goes top 6 so we shouldn't trade down
Jun. 23, 2021 at 3:20 p.m.
Devils Guy
Quoting: NYRFan92360244
Injury risk.

As I am sure you know, he missed most of the year following a fairly major knee surgery to correct bone lesions on his knees. There is some concern that it could become a continuing concern or reoccurring injury. He is a top-10 or even top-5 talent without the injury, but falls due to that risk.

Well, first I have had Hughes on my rankings at around 15-18 overall. Second, there is a little injury drop-off as well. He had a skate cut through a tendon in his foot in March. Missed last few months of season and U18 tournament. Not expected to be reoccurring probably as it was just kind of a freak accident, but falls a few spots because of it here.

1. Owen Power
2. Brandt Clarke
3. Simon Edvinsson
4. Carson Lambos

5. Daniil Chayka
6. Luke Hughes
7. Brett Johnson

8. Stanislav Svozil
9. Vladislav Lukashevich
10. Logan Mailloux

10. Corson Ceulemans
11. Dmitry Kostenko
12. Scott Morrow
13. Aleksi Heimosalmi
14. Sean Behrens
15. Jack Bar

16. Cameron Whynot
17. Kirill Kirsanov
18. Evan Nause
19. Shai Buium
20. Ryan Ufko
21. Jack Peart
22. Aidan Hreschuk

Injury risk.

1. Owen Power
2. Brandt Clarke
3. Simon Edvinsson
4. Carson Lambos

5. Daniil Chayka
6. Luke Hughes
7. Brett Johnson

8. Stanislav Svozil
9. Vladislav Lukashevich
10. Logan Mailloux

10. Corson Ceulemans
11. Dmitry Kostenko
12. Scott Morrow
13. Aleksi Heimosalmi
14. Sean Behrens
15. Jack Bar

16. Cameron Whynot
17. Kirill Kirsanov
18. Evan Nause
19. Shai Buium
20. Ryan Ufko
21. Jack Peart
22. Aidan Hreschuk

Injury risk.

1. Owen Power
2. Brandt Clarke
3. Simon Edvinsson
4. Carson Lambos

5. Daniil Chayka
6. Luke Hughes
7. Brett Johnson

8. Stanislav Svozil
9. Vladislav Lukashevich
10. Logan Mailloux

10. Corson Ceulemans
11. Dmitry Kostenko
12. Scott Morrow
13. Aleksi Heimosalmi
14. Sean Behrens
15. Jack Bar

16. Cameron Whynot
17. Kirill Kirsanov
18. Evan Nause
19. Shai Buium
20. Ryan Ufko
21. Jack Peart
22. Aidan Hreschuk

Hughes should be in the Top 4 Tier. I’d have him over Clarke.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll