5$3,600,000
2$1,500,000
2$1,500,000
Trades
TOR
  1. Trocheck, Vincent
Additional Details:
D Hamilton, Dougie

Sign-and-trade. CAR signs Hamilton to an 8-year, $70M contract, and moves him immediately to TOR. Canes receive Kerfoot, a pick and a prospect as compensation for agreeing to a sign-and-trade. The transaction also involves a pending UFA swap with Rielly and Trocheck.

This transaction gets done before the Expansion draft.
TOR
    Expansion draft pick
    TOR
    1. Domi, Max ($2,650,000 retained)
    2. Robinson, Eric
    CBJ
    1. Engvall, Pierre
    2. Liljegren, Timothy
    3. 2022 7th round pick (TOR)
    Additional Details:
    2021 NHL Entry Draft deal
    TOR
    1. Konecny, Travis
    2. Sanheim, Travis [RFA Rights]
    3. 2021 1st round pick (PHI)
    PHI
    1. Marner, Mitchell
    Additional Details:
    CHI
    1. Mikheyev, Ilya
    Additional Details:
    TOR
    ARI
    1. Hutchinson, Michael
    Additional Details:
    Claimed off waivers
    Retained Salary Transactions
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the PHI
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    21$81,500,000$77,018,450$0$0$4,481,550
    Left WingCentreRight Wing
    Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers
    $5,500,000$5,500,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 4
    Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes
    $4,750,000$4,750,000
    C, RW
    UFA - 1
    Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
    $1,000,000$1,000,000
    LW, C, RW
    UFA - 1
    $11,640,250$11,640,250
    C
    UFA - 3
    $6,962,366$6,962,366
    RW
    UFA - 3
    $796,667$796,667
    LW, RW
    RFA - 3
    $11,000,000$11,000,000
    C, LW
    NMC
    UFA - 4
    $750,000$750,000
    C, RW
    UFA - 1
    Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets
    $975,000$975,000
    LW
    UFA - 1
    $1,500,000$1,500,000
    C, RW, LW
    UFA - 2
    Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets
    -$1,325,000-$1,325,000
    C, RW
    UFA - 1
    $3,600,000$3,600,000
    C
    UFA - 6
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $5,625,000$5,625,000
    LD
    NTC
    UFA - 3
    $8,750,000$8,750,000
    RD
    UFA - 7
    $1,650,000$1,650,000
    G
    UFA - 1
    $894,167$894,167
    LD
    UFA - 1
    $5,000,000$5,000,000
    LD/RD
    NTC
    UFA - 3
    $1,500,000$1,500,000
    RD
    UFA - 3
    Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
    $850,000$850,000
    G
    UFA - 1
    $3,675,000$3,675,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 2
    ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
    $725,000$725,000
    C
    UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Jun. 25, 2021 at 8:10 p.m.
    Your deal is bad
    This doesn't help Carolina. We create a RHD hole by losing Dougie, Rielly does not fix that. And we create a 2C hole by moving Trocheck, and bring back a depth forward and futures?
    vikhodush and chaserice liked this.
    Jun. 25, 2021 at 8:15 p.m.
    What in tarnation
    Quoting: OnlyBadDeals
    This doesn't help Carolina. We create a RHD hole by losing Dougie, Rielly does not fix that. And we create a 2C hole by moving Trocheck, and bring back a depth forward and futures?

You're also likely to lose a LD to Seattle, either Skjei or Bean. Rielly plays like Hamilton, would be a solid top4 D for you that brings that offense you lose with Hamilton moving. Keep in mind that should CAR move his rights or just not re-sign him, they'd lose him no matter what.

As for your forward lineup after this trade, I'd consider

Niederreiter - Aho - Teräväinen
    Svechnikov - Staal - UFA scorer
    Kerfoot - Necas - Geekie
    Martinook/McGinn/Foegele (whoever you re-sign) - Lorentz - Fast
    Jun. 25, 2021 at 8:40 p.m.
    Your deal is bad
    Quoting: justaBoss
    You're also likely to lose a LD to Seattle, either Skjei or Bean. Rielly plays like Hamilton, would be a solid top4 D for you that brings that offense you lose with Hamilton moving. Keep in mind that should CAR move his rights or just not re-sign him, they'd lose him no matter what.

As for your forward lineup after this trade, I'd consider

Niederreiter - Aho - Teräväinen
    Svechnikov - Staal - UFA scorer
    Kerfoot - Necas - Geekie
    Martinook/McGinn/Foegele (whoever you re-sign) - Lorentz - Fast

If we think we are going to lose Dougie we are going to be protecting Skjei, we don't want to lose 2 top-4 D, and we will not need another 5 million dollar LD. That forward lineup is worse than our current lineup. Staal is a shutdown 3rd line center. We picked up Trocheck because we needed an actual 2C. Kerfoot is not really an upgrade on the 3rd line over Foegele.

None of the pieces coming back improve the team enough to consider trading away Trocheck.
    vikhodush and chaserice liked this.
    Jun. 25, 2021 at 8:43 p.m.
    What in tarnation
    Quoting: OnlyBadDeals
    If we think we are going to lose Dougie we are going to be protecting Skjei, we don't want to lose 2 top-4 D, and we will not need another 5 million dollar LD. That forward lineup is worse than our current lineup. Staal is a shutdown 3rd line center. We picked up Trocheck because we needed an actual 2C. Kerfoot is not really an upgrade on the 3rd line over Foegele.

None of the pieces coming back improve the team enough to consider trading away Trocheck.

I personally disagree, but I suppose it comes out to how you value players. Imo Rielly is such a step up from Skjei that it would justify dropping from Trocheck to Kerfoot. Also Necas could very well be able to take on that actual 2C role if necessary.

But nonetheless this would only work with CAR actually losing Skjei and CAR being certain Hamilton's not coming back at a price they'd find acceptable. And if this move is done prior to ExD as it's explained, then they won't be protecting Skjei.
    Jun. 25, 2021 at 8:54 p.m.
    We don't need Ilya, just give us your 5th and you can have Subban.
    Jun. 25, 2021 at 9:01 p.m.
    exo2769
    Quoting: Aussie_Blackhawk
    We don't need Ilya, just give us your 5th and you can have Subban.

While I understand what you're saying because we have a ton of players that need ice time. I'd bump one of them for Ilya. I think he has untapped potential that more ice time can help.
    Jun. 25, 2021 at 9:09 p.m.
    Quoting: exo2769
    While I understand what you're saying because we have a ton of players that need ice time. I'd bump one of them for Ilya. I think he has untapped potential that more ice time can help.

Id prefer to stick with Hino and Hagel than Ilya and then we also have Kura there also.
    Jun. 25, 2021 at 9:48 p.m.
    I personally disagree, but I suppose it comes out to how you value players. Imo Rielly is such a step up from Skjei that it would justify dropping from Trocheck to Kerfoot. Also Necas could very well be able to take on that actual 2C role if necessary.

But nonetheless this would only work with CAR actually losing Skjei and CAR being certain Hamilton's not coming back at a price they'd find acceptable. And if this move is done prior to ExD as it's explained, then they won't be protecting Skjei.

More idiocy from leafs fans. “Give is your good players and we’ll give you players we don’t want and that aren’t that good!” Canes counter - add marner Matthew’s and nylander while retaining 75% of their salary just to stop these garbage offers.
    chaserice liked this.
    Jun. 25, 2021 at 9:52 p.m.
    What in tarnation
    Quoting: vikhodush
    More idiocy from leafs fans. “Give is your good players and we’ll give you players we don’t want and that aren’t that good!” Canes counter - add marner Matthew’s and nylander while retaining 75% of their salary just to stop these garbage offers.

There's no Leafs fans discussing here and I don't understand what is your point here
    Jun. 25, 2021 at 10:02 p.m.
    That trade just seems like a step backwards for Carolina. Carolina getting rielly is a loss for Carolina in most of the trades on this website. Carolina losing Hamilton creates a hole for RD which means Carolina needs to find a top 4 RD no matter what happens with rielly. if Carolina loses skjei, Rielly would be good for 2LD but knowing Dubas and looking at all the trades people make it creates more holes for Carolina than filling holes. Trocheck is a great fit for Carolina's 2c and staal and necas are not able to fill that spot. Thats why trocheck was acquired in the first place and kerfoot is definitely a 3c. I would rather have a 2LD problem instead of a top 6 F problem.
    Jun. 25, 2021 at 10:07 p.m.
    What in tarnation
    Quoting: chaserice
    That trade just seems like a step backwards for Carolina. Carolina getting rielly is a loss for Carolina in most of the trades on this website. Carolina losing Hamilton creates a hole for RD which means Carolina needs to find a top 4 RD no matter what happens with rielly. if Carolina loses skjei, Rielly would be good for 2LD but knowing Dubas and looking at all the trades people make it creates more holes for Carolina than filling holes. Trocheck is a great fit for Carolina's 2c and staal and necas are not able to fill that spot. Thats why trocheck was acquired in the first place and kerfoot is definitely a 3c. I would rather have a 2LD problem instead of a top 6 F problem.

Losing potentially both Hamilton and Skjei is going to be a step back for Carolina nonetheless.

I do agree that moving Trocheck for Rielly is solving one problem, but creating another. I'd still say that you have a guy like Necas ready to take that 2C slot, and in theory Kerfoot could fill the hole moving Necas would create, but I don't think you have the assets to replace the holes losing these D-men would cause. And there are not many good D-men in the UFA market with desirable cost. This is where Rielly comes in.

Unless you want to overpay Tyson Barrie that is.
    Jun. 25, 2021 at 10:55 p.m.
    Losing potentially both Hamilton and Skjei is going to be a step back for Carolina nonetheless.

I do agree that moving Trocheck for Rielly is solving one problem, but creating another. I'd still say that you have a guy like Necas ready to take that 2C slot, and in theory Kerfoot could fill the hole moving Necas would create, but I don't think you have the assets to replace the holes losing these D-men would cause. And there are not many good D-men in the UFA market with desirable cost. This is where Rielly comes in.

Unless you want to overpay Tyson Barrie that is.

haha Barrie would be horrible in Carolina's scheme, Most likely they'd pursue Dunn aggressively and then hope Bean could step up on the left. If they got Dunn and lost skjei their top 4 would be slavin,Pesce,Bean,Dunn which isn't as good last year but its not much worse because Rod can help Bean like he did skjei and its cheaper which gives the canes money to get another forward who can score and make the depth better.

Would you rather lose tavares or Muzzin if you had to choose one.
    Jun. 25, 2021 at 10:59 p.m.
    What in tarnation
    Quoting: chaserice
    haha Barrie would be horrible in Carolina's scheme, Most likely they'd pursue Dunn aggressively and then hope Bean could step up on the left. If they got Dunn and lost skjei their top 4 would be slavin,Pesce,Bean,Dunn which isn't as good last year but its not much worse because Rod can help Bean like he did skjei and its cheaper which gives the canes money to get another forward who can score and make the depth better.

Would you rather lose tavares or Muzzin if you had to choose one.

Tavares probably. Muzzin is so integral to Leafs defense that without him their defense would leak like a f*cking broken umbrella in a monsoon.

At least in theory TOR should have lots and lots of ability to score even without Tavares.

Dunn is a probable option, but it all comes to how much they're willing to pay for him, both in compensation for STL and in contract as he's a pending RFA. It's also possible that Seattle is taking him as well.
    chaserice liked this.
    Jun. 26, 2021 at 1:45 p.m.
    I like the Carolina deal it's creative! I'd be willing to add Holl for Fast if it would help get the deal done.

I've been thinking about a Domi deal but not sure if it makes sense for them... Domi 50% retained for Mikeyev and a 2nd. Domi had 7 more points than Mik last year, they're both the same age and UFA's after the season, the 2nd would be for retention. What do you think?
    justaBoss liked this.
    Jun. 26, 2021 at 2:15 p.m.
    What in tarnation
    Quoting: Sign_em_up000000
    I like the Carolina deal it's creative! I'd be willing to add Holl for Fast if it would help get the deal done.

I've been thinking about a Domi deal but not sure if it makes sense for them... Domi 50% retained for Mikeyev and a 2nd. Domi had 7 more points than Mik last year, they're both the same age and UFA's after the season, the 2nd would be for retention. What do you think?

Domi has more value for CBJ due to his ability to play C. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Mikheyev strictly a winger? They have a surplus of those.

This trade of mine works if CBJ decides to retool. Engvall can play C if need be, but mostly the trade is moving a NHL ready asset with salary retained for a good prospect.
    Sign_em_up000000 liked this.
    Jun. 28, 2021 at 3:43 a.m.
    Domi has more value for CBJ due to his ability to play C. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Mikheyev strictly a winger? They have a surplus of those.

This trade of mine works if CBJ decides to retool. Engvall can play C if need be, but mostly the trade is moving a NHL ready asset with salary retained for a good prospect.

You're right Mikeyev is strictly a winger.

My thought process behind my trade proposal was CBJ jets a player back who had 7 less points last year and who is the same age while basically buying a 2nd round pick even though they save a mill financially. I also initially had Engvall as part of the trade to balance the money from our side, but I figured they wouldn't have space for him so I took him out of the deal and assumed he would be traded for a 7th or a tweener from another team.

I thought of our Liljegren too for one of there younger pieces but I don't think the leafs FO would give up on him after developing him for the last 4 years unless he was packaged with other prospect(s) for a young, cheap player for our top six. As of rn the leafs need Lilly's contract and I can'tsee them moving him for what would be strictly a rental because the leafs wouldn't be ableto afford Domi's next contract IMO.

I appreciate the input!
    justaBoss liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll