SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Vegas Golden Knights

Going over Vegas’ 2017 Expansion Draft

Jun. 27, 2021 at 12:55 p.m.
Brad Boyes please Wq
Edited Jun. 29, 2021 at 11:39 a.m.
Anaheim, Stoner + Theodore
There was really nothing Anaheim could’ve done, Vatanen and Manson had great years in 16-17 and Theodore was still unknown on what he would’ve done, if I were Anaheim i wouldn’t have placed the trade in

Arizona, Arizona had basically 0 at the time, they chose Teemu Pulkkinen, I think it was a best option out there in terms of prospect, but I would’ve rather Brad Richardson

Boston, Colin Miller was the best choice out there, so there really wasn’t nothing wrong with this pick, even with Khudobin and Subban out there, they got Subban off waivers and Khudobin wasn’t gonna be their pick with Better tenders out there

Buffalo, Will Carrier again, best choice out there, again, Ullmark was available but they weren’t after a goalie

Calgary, Brett Kulak
I never really understood Engelland. I get he was from Vegas, but Kulak and Chaisson were the far better options,

Carolina, Canes had very little just due to how young they were at the time, they chose Connor Brickley, I would’ve rather Joakim Nordstrom

Chicago, Trevor Van Reimsdyk was the best option out there, solid pick, and considering the fact they got a 2nd and 7th for him is confusing.

Colorado, Calvin Pickard, this was an alright choice, even with Carl Soderberg out there, his contact was questionable at the time,

Columbus, William Karlsson + Assets Columbus paid well for Vegas to not take Joonas Korpisalo, Karlsson has turned into a very solid 50 point player for Vegas, Josh Anderson and Matt Calvert were also available,

Dallas, Cody Eakin, Dallas also had Jamie Oleksiak available but Eakin was a solid player for Vegas, even if he had a very rough start to 19-20, Oleksiak would’ve been the long run pick

Detroit, Petr Mrazek, I had no idea why Detroit protected Howard over Mrazek, Nosek was a solid pick for Vegas, but Vegas had Backup goaltender issues until Lehner came to town, Luke Glendening was also available

Edmonton, Yeah about this pick, Tyler Pitlick would’ve been my pick, Kris Russell and Laurent Brossoit we’re also available, but I believe Russell had his contract in that was a 4x4

Florida, this Sums up Dale Tallon time with Florida, Protecting Pysyk and Petrovic….brutal, Marchassualt and Smith easily the best options out there, Mackenzie Weegar, Tomas Vanek, Jaromir Jagr and James Reimer we’re also available. Thanks Tallon

LA, By far the best pick at the time and believe he still is, Dustin Brown and Jack Campbell were also available

Minnesota, Expansion draft was gonna hurt Minnesota, they had to expose Dumba. So they traded Tuch to Vegas for them to take Huala, Huala had a 29 goal season for Vegas and Tuch is a Solid 3rd line winger, Eric Staal and Darcy Kuemper were also available

Montreal, an odd team at this point, Alexander Radulov was available, but was a risk as he was a UFA, Alexei Emelin was the one chosen, probably the best choice even if he didn’t play a game for Vegas, Jacob De La Rose was available

Nashville, James Neal, Neal was the more notable player out there, but Calle Jarnkrok, Craig Smith, Austin Watson and Colin Wilson were also available, in a short Run James Neal, in a long run situation much rather Smith or Jarnkrok

New Jersey, Jon Merrill, best choice out there, and still is today

New York Islanders, J.F Berube Islanders we’re in a pickle for who they could protect, paid a haul to Vegas, a first that Turned into Erik Brannstrom tans he was traded for Mark Stone, definitely a smart choice to take the trade, but some of the names out there were Brock Nelson, Josh Bailey and Ryan Strome,

New York Rangers, rangers gave Vegas a pick to not take Raanta, they choice Oscar Lindberg, I would’ve Jesper Fast or Michael Grabner

Ottawa Senators, this really starts the decline of Ottawa, having Methot being chosen, I would’ve tried hard if I were Ottawa to keep Methot, Marc Boroweicki was also available

Philadelphia Flyers, Pierre Edouard Bellemare, he was a solid bottom 6 player for Vegas the few seasons he played for them, Jordan Weal was also available

Pittsburgh Penguins, Marc-Andre Fleury, arguably Vegas MVP the first 4 years for them, looking at heinsight, if I was Pittsburgh, I would’ve rather have had Him over Murray with Tristian Jarry, Bryan Rust and Oskar Sundqvist were also available

San Jose Sharks, David Schlemko. I never understood this idea to get a late pick for him, would’ve rather had Barclay Goodrow(don’t remind me about game 7)or heck, even Marleau or Jumbo Joe,

St Louis Blues, who’s idea it was to protect Reaves, Sobodka and Berglund over Perron idk, but Vegas Gladly chooses Perron any day of the week, also St Louis looked loss with out Perron in 17-18, Perron means a lot to St Louis and it but them, as they lost in a crucial game to Colorado to miss the playoffs(let me remember you that that team had just gone through a 56 loss season the previous year)

Tampa, Jason Garrison was who we chose as Tampa decided that they wanted to not have Koekkoek or Dochin chosen, so they Gave Gusev and a 2nd to Vegas, Gusev was traded to New Jersey for a 2nd and a 3rd, oops,

Toronto, Brendan Leipsic was who the selected. He was the best option out there unless they wanted Polak or a UFA in Brian Boyle, if this was today I would’ve rather had a leader in Boyle, than Leipsic

Vancouver, Luca Sbisa was the best option available, and still is I believe

Washington, Nate Schmidt was the safe pick instead of risking with a UFA, Oshie, Shattenkirk and Justin Williams we’re available aswel, but Oshie was given an 8 year deal at 30 and Shattenkirk and Williams were UFA’s, Brett Connolly, Chandler Stephenson and Phillip Grubauer were also available

Winnipeg, Winnipeg paid a premium haul for Vegas to not take Tobias Enstrom, and we’ll, they gave a first round pick that turned into Nick Suzuki who they traded for Max Pacioretty, right choice Vegas

Overall, Vegas made a lot of correct choices
Jul. 4, 2021 at 3:05 p.m.
Bedard23
I don’t understand why Tallon was so bad in Florida but started the rise of the Chicago Blackhawks

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll