Forums/Armchair-GM

Pens Tkachuk

Created by: LetsGoPens69
Team: 2021-22 Pittsburgh Penguins
Initial Creation Date: Jun. 27, 2021
Published: Jun. 27, 2021
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
I see it as Kappy, Marino, Poulin and a 1st for Tkuchuk and Tanev. And Pettersson and DeSmith for Lucic and 2 seasons of 2M retain.

Calgary starts rebuild with youth. Have N.Hanifin/R.Andersson and Pettersson/Marino as their top 2 D pairings all signed long-term.

Geno probably starts the season of the LTIR after off season surgery. So the Pens can do some cap circumvention using Geno’s contract on LTIR.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$1,500,000
3$2,000,000
2$850,000
2$850,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$1,000,000
1$1,250,000
2$1,500,000
Trades
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$81,500,000$77,156,364$0$212,500$4,343,636
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$8,700,000$8,700,000
C
NMC
UFA - 4
Logo of the Calgary Flames
$7,000,000$7,000,000
RW
UFA - 1
$3,250,000$3,250,000
LW, RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
$9,500,000$9,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 1
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$2,940,000$2,940,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$2,636,364$2,636,364
RW, C
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$2,000,000$2,000,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$3,500,000$3,500,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,100,000$4,100,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$7,250,000$7,250,000
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$3,500,000$3,500,000
G
UFA - 2
$4,875,000$4,875,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 5
$1,125,000$1,125,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
LD
RFA - 1
$1,250,000$1,250,000
RD
UFA - 2
$1,500,000$1,500,000
G
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$750,000$750,000
RD
UFA - 1
$725,000$725,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
Taxi Squad
$1,150,000$1,150,000 ($25,000$25K$25,000$25K)
LD
UFA - 1
$725,000$725,000 ($0$0$0$0)
C, RW
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000 ($0$0$0$0)
RW, C, LW
UFA - 1
$850,000$850,000 ($0$0$0$0)
LW, RW
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jun. 27, 2021 at 7:51 p.m.
GO FLAMES GO
If we are rebuilding(which we won't be Sutter is a win now coach) why would we be dumping Lucic? Also
Jun. 27, 2021 at 7:56 p.m.
Edited Jun. 27, 2021 at 8:31 p.m.
Quoting: Gmonwy
If we are rebuilding(which we won't be Sutter is a win now coach) why would we be dumping Lucic? Also

Are u on the team?? Lol. What’s this “we”..??

Because Lucic is an older player. He wouldn’t be in the timeline of the flames that I presented in this ACGM.

The 1st round pick, Kappy 25 years old. Pettersson 25 years old. Marino 23 years old. Poulin 20 years old. And Casey DeSmith would be a stop gap and a cheap, proven NHL back-up to Markstrom.

Flames would also trade Johnny G, Monahan, Lindholm, Backlund, Giordano and get draft picks, prospects or young NHL players.

They would have N.Hanifin/R.Andersson and Pettersson/Marino top 2 D pairings all signed long-term.

And they would have Dube/C.Zary/Mangiapane, and Poulin/Pelletier/Kappy as pros all ready to build with. Plus all the prospects, young NHL players and draft picks they will get for their tradable assets.
Jun. 27, 2021 at 8:03 p.m.
Phil Swift
is this a joke? that's an awful trade and massive overpayment.
Jun. 27, 2021 at 8:14 p.m.
Edited Jun. 27, 2021 at 8:29 p.m.
Quoting: Yinz3r
is this a joke? that's an awful trade and massive overpayment.

Thachuk is a franchise player, a cornerstone of the a franchise. Big, tough, physical, goal scorer, playmaker, captain, still super young. Great 200 foot, two-way player.

I could imagine Guentzel/Sid/Tkuchuk line; it would be the best line in the NHL. And then Lucic/Geno/Rust. Lucic is the kind of player that plays well on Geno’s line. See J.Iginla, James Neal, Hossa, Hornqvist, Downie.

And Matheson/Tanev would be a really good D pairing in my opinion too. Both super fast, long sticks and long reaches on defense.

And then sign the big, physical Luke Schenn as the 3rd pairing RHD to play with PO Joseph.
Jun. 27, 2021 at 8:27 p.m.
Quoting: LetsGoPens69
Are u on the team?? Lol. What’s this “we”..??

Because he’s an older player. He wouldn’t be in the timeline of the flames that I presented in this ACGM.

The 1st round pick, Kappy 25 years old. Pettersson 25 years old. Marino 23 years old. Poulin 20 years old. Casey DeSmith would be a stop gap and a cheap, proven NHL back-up to Markstrom.

Flames would also trade Johnny G, Monahan, Lindholm, Backlund, Giordano and get draft picks, prospects or young NHL players.

They would have N.Hanifin/R.Andersson and Pettersson/Marino top 2 D pairings all signed long-term.

And they would have Dube/C.Zary/Mangiapane, and Poulin/Pelletier/Kappy as pros all ready to build with. Plus all the products, young NHL players and draft picks they will get for their tradable assets.

Calgary's not rebuilding though. And Pittsburgh doesnt have the assets for Tkachuk
LetsGoPens69 liked this.
Jun. 27, 2021 at 8:34 p.m.
Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy
Calgary's not rebuilding though. And Pittsburgh doesnt have the assets for Tkachuk

I think Guentzel, Poulin and a 1st would definitely do it.

Same with Kappy, Marino and a 1st.

Or Marino, Poulin and a 1st.
Jun. 27, 2021 at 8:37 p.m.
Thachuk is a franchise player, a cornerstone of the a franchise. Big, tough, physical, goal scorer, playmaker, captain, still super young. Great 200 foot, two-way player.

I could imagine Guentzel/Sid/Tkuchuk line; it would be the best line in the NHL. And then Lucic/Geno/Rust. Lucic is the kind of player that plays well on Geno’s line. See J.Iginla, James Neal, Hossa, Hornqvist, Downie.

And Matheson/Tanev would be a really good D pairing in my opinion too. Both super fast, long sticks and long reaches on defense.

And then sign the big, physical Luke Schenn as the 3rd pairing RHD to play with PO Joseph.

Man if only Calgary had a franchise cornerstone player that's young and dynamic to build around... Oh wait. Seriously even if Calgary was rebuilding, Tkachuk would be the last guy to go. Maybe you'd be interested in a slightly used Sean Monahan?
LetsGoPens69 liked this.
Jun. 27, 2021 at 8:37 p.m.
I think Guentzel, Poulin and a 1st would definitely do it.

Same with Kappy, Marino and a 1st.

Or Marino, Poulin and a 1st.

"Thachuk is a franchise player, a cornerstone of the a franchise. Big, tough, physical, goal scorer, playmaker, captain, still super young. Great 200 foot, two-way player."

This right here is why Calgary isn't trading him
Gmonwy liked this.
Jun. 27, 2021 at 8:39 p.m.
Edited Jun. 27, 2021 at 8:50 p.m.
"Thachuk is a franchise player, a cornerstone of the a franchise. Big, tough, physical, goal scorer, playmaker, captain, still super young. Great 200 foot, two-way player."

I completely agree.

Or something like I did here in this ACGM is good value: Kappy, Marino, Poulin, Petterson and a 1st for Tkuchuk, Tanev, Lucic. (Plus DeSmith as a cheap, proven NHL back-up to Markstrom).

And Poulin should play a similar role to Tkachuk. Of course he’s not Tkachuk. But he’s 6’2, 215 pound Power Forward, that is a playmaker, goal scorer, Very Physical and plays a good 200 foot game too.

Kappy 24 years old still (turns 25 at the end of July). A 20 plus goal a season, goal scorer.

Pettersson/Marino gives the Flames two top D-pairings, all signed long term and young(N.Hanifin/R.Andersson also).

Plus the 1st round pick.
Jun. 27, 2021 at 8:44 p.m.
Quoting: Blow_it_up
Man if only Calgary had a franchise cornerstone player that's young and dynamic to build around... Oh wait. Seriously even if Calgary was rebuilding, Tkachuk would be the last guy to go. Maybe you'd be interested in a slightly used Sean Monahan?

Lol, ya, I agree man.

I didn’t just make this up though.

There are articles out there saying Flames should consider trading Tkachuk and rebuilding.

I just made an ACGM according to what I think would work for the Pens and also work for the Flames if they started a rebuild without Tkachuk.

Atleast it’s not Marner and Rielly for Tkachuk. Ohh, I forgot, and Engvall or SDA or Nic Robertson too.
Jun. 27, 2021 at 8:47 p.m.
Lol, ya, I agree man.

I didn’t just make this up though.

There are articles out there saying Flames should consider trading Tkachuk and rebuilding.

I just made an ACGM according to what I think would work for the Pens and also work for the Flames if they started a rebuild without Tkachuk.

Atleast it’s not Marner and Rielly for Tkachuk. Ohh, I forgot, and Engvall or SDA or Nic Robertson too.

I would love to see these article links if you have them, because Flames have made it very clear they arent rebuilding
Jun. 27, 2021 at 8:51 p.m.
I would love to see these article links if you have them, because Flames have made it very clear they arent rebuilding

Have u been under a tree??
Jun. 27, 2021 at 8:52 p.m.
Have u been under a tree??

No but I think you have, The Tkachuk rumor started by Shane O'Brien (a guy with zero credibility) was debunked by multiple very reliable insiders
Gmonwy liked this.
Jun. 27, 2021 at 8:54 p.m.
Edited Jun. 27, 2021 at 9:04 p.m.
No but I think you have, The Tkachuk rumor started by Shane O'Brien (a guy with zero credibility) was debunked by multiple very reliable insiders

https://www.matchsticksandgasoline.com/2021/6/11/22522097/calgary-flames-matthew-tkachuk-trade-rumors-eichel

https://thehockeywriters.com/flames-tkachuk-for-tarasenko-trade-would-be-mistake/

https://nhltradetalk.com/rumor-surfaces-of-matthew-tkachuk-for-vladimir-tarasenko-trade/

https://pittsburghhockeynow.com/pittsburgh-penguins-trade-nhl-mathew-tkachuk-wants-out-of-calgary-make-that-call/

You can pick and choose who or what u want to believe.

Most fans/people choose not to believe the stuff they don’t agree with or don’t want, even if it’s right in front of their face.

I tend to believe him more than u bud. No offense.

But writers get vetted. Most likely they don’t or can’t just make something up. Atleast for a reputable outlet. They have a source inside the organization, or quote an NHL insider that has a source.
Jun. 27, 2021 at 8:59 p.m.
https://www.matchsticksandgasoline.com/2021/6/11/22522097/calgary-flames-matthew-tkachuk-trade-rumors-eichel

https://thehockeywriters.com/flames-tkachuk-for-tarasenko-trade-would-be-mistake/

https://nhltradetalk.com/rumor-surfaces-of-matthew-tkachuk-for-vladimir-tarasenko-trade/

https://pittsburghhockeynow.com/pittsburgh-penguins-trade-nhl-mathew-tkachuk-wants-out-of-calgary-make-that-call/

You can pick and choose who or what u want to believe.

Most fans/people choose not to believe the stuff they don’t agree with or don’t want, even if it’s right in front of their face.

I tend to believe him more than u bud. No offense.

But writers get vetted. Most likely they don’t or can’t just make something up. Atleast for a reputable outlet. They have a source inside the organization, or quote an NHL insider that has a source.

Those are blog sites, purely hypothetical.

Who do you tend to believe? O'Brien? He made it up, again it was proven wrong by multiple reliable sources
Jun. 27, 2021 at 9:03 p.m.
Edited Jun. 27, 2021 at 9:15 p.m.
Those are blog sites, purely hypothetical.

Who do you tend to believe? O'Brien? He made it up, again it was proven wrong by multiple reliable sources

You can pick and choose what u want to believe, it’s fine. I’m not saying he will get traded. But I’m saying most of the time, where there is smoke there is fire.

And most writers, especially a teams beat-writer or NHL insider has to have references/sources in order to print something, they can’t just make it up.

They probably did have conversations about trading him. And again, that doesn’t mean they will or are even willing too.

The Hockeywriters is a website that NHL insider’s write that stories. Same with NHL trade talk.

It’s fine, whatever...

u asked for links/articles, I gave them to u. I’m not gonna have a convo with someone who chooses to accept what and who he wants to accept.

Have a nice day!!

Copy and paste:

Perhaps the fact insiders seem to be talking about Tkachuk possibly being on the move and not an “untouchable” has something to do with speculation he might welcome a change.

He said he wouldn’t just make up rumors and he was hearing it from from ex-players and people who know Tkachuk well.

Over the past few weeks, rumors have swirled that Calgary Flames forward Matthew Tkachuk may want to return home and play for the St. Louis Blues.

There’s all sorts of talk coming out of Calgary that the team is about to shake things up. Names like Johnny Gaudreau and Sean Monahan have been at the top of the rumors charts when it comes to big pieces that could be traded. Tkachuk has always been in the background of those talks, but most have responded with any chatter of a trade with, ‘why would the Flames want to trade him?’ It’s an argument that made sense considering he’s one of, if not their best player.

But, with one year left on his current $7 million per season deal, and with him coming up on RFA status, maybe he’s decided that he’s not keen on signing long-term. Could he have advised the team that he’s likely not to sign a long-term extension and when he gets the chance, might leave?
Jun. 27, 2021 at 10:07 p.m.
You can pick and choose what u want to believe, it’s fine. I’m not saying he will get traded. But I’m saying most of the time, where there is smoke there is fire.

And most writers, especially a teams beat-writer or NHL insider has to have references/sources in order to print something, they can’t just make it up.

They probably did have conversations about trading him. And again, that doesn’t mean they will or are even willing too.

The Hockeywriters is a website that NHL insider’s write that stories. Same with NHL trade talk.

It’s fine, whatever...

u asked for links/articles, I gave them to u. I’m not gonna have a convo with someone who chooses to accept what and who he wants to accept.

Have a nice day!!

Copy and paste:

Perhaps the fact insiders seem to be talking about Tkachuk possibly being on the move and not an “untouchable” has something to do with speculation he might welcome a change.

He said he wouldn’t just make up rumors and he was hearing it from from ex-players and people who know Tkachuk well.

Over the past few weeks, rumors have swirled that Calgary Flames forward Matthew Tkachuk may want to return home and play for the St. Louis Blues.

There’s all sorts of talk coming out of Calgary that the team is about to shake things up. Names like Johnny Gaudreau and Sean Monahan have been at the top of the rumors charts when it comes to big pieces that could be traded. Tkachuk has always been in the background of those talks, but most have responded with any chatter of a trade with, ‘why would the Flames want to trade him?’ It’s an argument that made sense considering he’s one of, if not their best player.

But, with one year left on his current $7 million per season deal, and with him coming up on RFA status, maybe he’s decided that he’s not keen on signing long-term. Could he have advised the team that he’s likely not to sign a long-term extension and when he gets the chance, might leave?

I looked at the articles, they are all speculation. Hell if you literally follow the links in the THW article it states that the entire Tkachuk thing was started from a St. Louis Writer made an opinion about how Tkachuk would probably enjoy playing for the Blues.
Quote:
“This isn’t a situation where he’s telling people he wants out, he wants to play in St. Louis,” Rutherford said. “It’s nothing like that. But if that opportunity comes along via UFA or a trade – more likely next summer than this summer – I think he would relish it and he would love to play for the St. Louis Blues.”

As Rutherford mentioned, Tkachuk has not requested a trade, nor is he expected to. However, it would make sense that he would love the chance to one day play in St. Louis, given the fact he grew up there and watched his dad play for the Blues for a number of years.

It's literally right there, it says there is nothing on it. The only reason this blew up into anything is Shane O'Brien (WHO IS NOT AT ALL AN INSIDER) when he said on his brand new podcast that Tkachuk wants out. Nobody else has reported this though. Not 1 other person. A few days later Flames top insider's were asked about this claim and they called it bull****.
Jun. 27, 2021 at 10:11 p.m.
I looked at the articles, they are all speculation. Hell if you literally follow the links in the THW article it states that the entire Tkachuk thing was started from a St. Louis Writer made an opinion about how Tkachuk would probably enjoy playing for the Blues.
Quote:
“This isn’t a situation where he’s telling people he wants out, he wants to play in St. Louis,” Rutherford said. “It’s nothing like that. But if that opportunity comes along via UFA or a trade – more likely next summer than this summer – I think he would relish it and he would love to play for the St. Louis Blues.”

As Rutherford mentioned, Tkachuk has not requested a trade, nor is he expected to. However, it would make sense that he would love the chance to one day play in St. Louis, given the fact he grew up there and watched his dad play for the Blues for a number of years.

It's literally right there, it says there is nothing on it. The only reason this blew up into anything is Shane O'Brien (WHO IS NOT AT ALL AN INSIDER) when he said on his brand new podcast that Tkachuk wants out. Nobody else has reported this though. Not 1 other person. A few days later Flames top insider's were asked about this claim and they called it bull****.

Link that article.

It says right there “talking to ex players and people who know Tkachuk well”. That’s sources. Hate to tell u.

Have. A good night man!! I’m not doing this. Pick and choose what u want to believe. It’s fine!!
Jun. 27, 2021 at 10:18 p.m.
Link that article.

It says right there “talking to ex players and people who know Tkachuk well”. That’s sources. Hate to tell u.

Have. A good night man!! I’m not doing this. Pick and choose what u want to believe. It’s fine!!

Right Here it was literally the first hyperlink in the THW's article

Where is your quote from? and by who?
Jun. 27, 2021 at 10:25 p.m.
Edited Jun. 28, 2021 at 12:12 a.m.
Right Here it was literally the first hyperlink in the THW's article

Where is your quote from? and by who?

From one of those articles my man. I’m not doing this!! GL man. U can believe what and who u want. And I will do the same.

This isn’t a situation where he’s telling people he wants out, he wants to play in St. Louis,” Rutherford said. “It’s nothing like that. But if that opportunity comes along via UFA or a trade – more likely next summer than this summer – I think he would relish it and he would love to play for the St. Louis Blues.”

That is from your article.

Same as the ones I linked. Saying that with one year left on his current $7 million per season deal, and with him coming up on RFA status, maybe he’s decided that he’s not keen on signing long-term.
Jun. 27, 2021 at 11:42 p.m.
From one of those articles my man. I’m not doing this!! GL man. U can believe what and who u want. And I will do the same.

This isn’t a situation where he’s telling people he wants out, he wants to play in St. Louis,” Rutherford said. “It’s nothing like that. But if that opportunity comes along via UFA or a trade – more likely next summer than this summer – I think he would relish it and he would love to play for the St. Louis Blues.”

That is from your article.

Same as the ones I linked. Saying that with one year left on his current $7 million per season deal, and with him coming up on RFA status, maybe he’s decided that he’s not keen on signing long-term.

Not one of the articles you linked has the quote "talking to ex players and people who know Tkachuk well" That's what I asked about, where is it from and who said it?

If you want to believe any random bimbo on hockey news like you seem keen on doing then I suggest https://www.hockeybuzz.com/

Otherwise find me a reliable source that says Tkachuk want's out
Jun. 27, 2021 at 11:44 p.m.
Edited Jun. 27, 2021 at 11:55 p.m.
Not one of the articles you linked has the quote "talking to ex players and people who know Tkachuk well" That's what I asked about, where is it from and who said it?

If you want to believe any random bimbo on hockey news like you seem keen on doing then I suggest https://www.hockeybuzz.com/

Otherwise find me a reliable source that says Tkachuk want's out

I don’t have to find u sh*t.
Jun. 27, 2021 at 11:47 p.m.
I don’t have to find u sh*t.

U can believe what u want.

Again, pick and choose what and who u believe. It’s fine. I don’t care. I’ll believe what and who I want too.

I posted the link that has that quote. And copies and pasted from that article. Read the article if u want.

LMAO what? I literally checked all your links, none of them had that quote.
Jun. 28, 2021 at 12:00 a.m.
LMAO what? I literally checked all your links, none of them had that quote.

Yep, probably cause u have trouble reading I would imagine.

U have selective reading too. Pick and choose what u read too.

I’ll choose to believe guys that get paid for their opinions. U know guys that actually have sources inside or close to the organization. Not some over zealous fan who picks and chooses what to believe. If it doesn’t go along with his narrative he calls the writer out..lol. He doenst believe what’s right in front of his face.

Copy and paste.

He said he wouldn’t just make up rumors and he was hearing it from from ex-players and people who know Tkachuk well. He called it something you hear during “crazy season”, but he said that with things not going the right way, the two teams might work together to give both players a fresh start.

The Blues would have to give up more than just Tarasenko, but if he’s not wanting to stay in St. Louis, this is a player, who if he gets healthy, could be a nice goal scorer for the Flames.
Jun. 28, 2021 at 12:02 a.m.
Yep, probably cause u have reading I would imagine.

U have selective reading too. Pick and choose what and who u believe and what u read too.

I’ll choose to believe guys that get paid for their opinions. U know guys that actually have sources inside or close to the organization. Not some over zealous fan who picks and chooses what to believe. If it doesn’t go along with his narrative he calls the writer out..lol. He doenst believe what’s right in front of his face.

Copy and paste.

He said he wouldn’t just make up rumors and he was hearing it from from ex-players and people who know Tkachuk well. He called it something you hear during “crazy season”, but he said that with things not going the right way, the two teams might work together to give both players a fresh start.

The Blues would have to give up more than just Tarasenko, but if he’s not wanting to stay in St. Louis, this is a player, who if he gets healthy, could be a nice goal scorer for the Flames.

So you are talking about Shane O'Brien? Again, he is not an insider. Just like Eklund he is not a reliable source for information

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll