Forums/Armchair-GM

New York Bluesshirts - Blockbuster

Created by: saysthemachine
Team: 2021-22 New York Rangers
Initial Creation Date: Jun. 29, 2021
Published: Jun. 29, 2021
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Roast me. Idea stolen from user rja40's "Time to rebuild" and modified.

Only 2 years left on ROR's deal, but I doubt this lineup is sustainable beyond that. 11m 3rd line, oof.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
5$4,500,000
1$3,500,000
3$2,500,000
4$4,000,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$1,500,000
Trades
NYR
STL
  1. Chytil, Filip [RFA Rights]
  2. Gauthier, Julien [RFA Rights]
  3. Schneider, Braden
  4. 2021 1st round pick (NYR)
  5. 2021 3rd round pick (NYR)
  6. 2022 1st round pick (NYR)
NYR
SEA
  1. Howden, Brett [RFA Rights]
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
21$81,500,000$70,558,135$0$7,550,000$10,941,865
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the New York Rangers
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
LW, RW
RFA - 2
Logo of the St. Louis Blues
$1,875,000$1,875,000
C
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,650,000$3M)
RW
RFA - 1
$11,642,857$11,642,857
LW
NMC
UFA - 5
$5,350,000$5,350,000
C
NMC
UFA - 1
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LW, RW, C
UFA - 4
$6,500,000$6,500,000
LW
NMC
UFA - 6
$4,500,000$4,500,000
RW, C
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
C
UFA - 1
$725,000$725,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LD
RFA - 3
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
UFA - 1
$3,500,000$3,500,000
G
UFA - 4
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$8,000,000$8,000,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 5
$2,425,000$2,425,000
G
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$350,000$350K)
LD
RFA - 2
$1,500,000$1,500,000
RD
UFA - 3
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$737,500$737,500
LD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jun. 29, 2021 at 6:45 p.m.
I’d rather go for Robert Thomas. He’s young enough to literally fit our core, instead of O’REILLY who’s almost 30.
saysthemachine liked this.
Jun. 29, 2021 at 6:49 p.m.
Quoting: HOCKEYBOY448
I’d rather go for Robert Thomas. He’s young enough to literally fit our core, instead of O’REILLY who’s almost 30.

I don't think the Blues would part with him, do you? They traded Pietrangelo, but they've been pretty protective over their young guys from what I can tell. I know teams have made runs at Kyrou and Thomas in the past and they're not available.

ROR will be good for a long time still, IMO.
Jun. 29, 2021 at 6:53 p.m.
Quoting: saysthemachine
I don't think the Blues would part with him, do you? They traded Pietrangelo, but they've been pretty protective over their young guys from what I can tell. I know teams have made runs at Kyrou and Thomas in the past and they're not available.

ROR will be good for a long time still, IMO.

I doubt it, but getting older with an expensive contract is exactly how to ruin this and ensure 0 cap flexibility going forward. Unless the plan is to trade Buch, let Mika and Strome walk. Plus there’s no way we’re resigning most of the young guys on a flat cap if we do.
Jun. 29, 2021 at 6:59 p.m.
mokumboi
The. Blues. Are. Not. Trading. Dad.

Write it down. In ink. And then trace over it in permanent marker.
Jun. 29, 2021 at 7:15 p.m.
Quoting: HOCKEYBOY448
I doubt it, but getting older with an expensive contract is exactly how to ruin this and ensure 0 cap flexibility going forward. Unless the plan is to trade Buch, let Mika and Strome walk. Plus there’s no way we’re resigning most of the young guys on a flat cap if we do.

He's definitely older and that's a concern but these are problems NYR have regardless of who they trade for to fill the whole down the middle. Strome is as good as gone next season if he doesn't take a similar deal. They'll have to decide about Buch anyway, none of the additions make an impact to that effect. ROR's next deal will be significantly less than Eichel's cap hit, leaving more room to extend Mika. who is a #1C in his own right, imo. I think it could work and that this team would be better than NYR could be with just Eichel, and less long term cap commitment. Just a thought. It does put a lot on hoping ROR stays at least 2C caliber for 5-6 more years, or that we win a cup in 2.
Jun. 29, 2021 at 7:21 p.m.
Quoting: mokumboi
The. Blues. Are. Not. Trading. Dad.

Write it down. In ink. And then trace over it in permanent marker.

It would be irresponsible for a team with that much potentially dead cap on the back end for years to come, to either A) Let such a valuable asset walk for nothing, or B) extend him with term beyond your window given said cap issues. Besides, they traded Pietrangelo, so there is recent evidence of their willingness to make moves of this nature. I don't feel any way about it; this is all just spitballing, but I truly wouldn't be surprised if they moved him, even if not for this package. Though, as I've pointed out to you already, I don't think you get more than 5 young first round assets for him.
Jun. 29, 2021 at 9:23 p.m.
mokumboi
It would be irresponsible for a team with that much potentially dead cap on the back end for years to come, to either A) Let such a valuable asset walk for nothing, or B) extend him with term beyond your window given said cap issues. Besides, they traded Pietrangelo, so there is recent evidence of their willingness to make moves of this nature. I don't feel any way about it; this is all just spitballing, but I truly wouldn't be surprised if they moved him, even if not for this package. Though, as I've pointed out to you already, I don't think you get more than 5 young first round assets for him.

Uhh they did not trade Petro, let's just get that straight. And they sure as hell are not trading Dad. Any thought to the contrary is beyond fanciful. Having "potentially dead cap" in 4-5-6 years doesn't mean a damn thing with regards to what happens with Dad right now (and not just because the cap will almost surely be more forgiving 4-5-6 years from now). It would supremely irresponsible for this franchise to offload the guy who A) led them to a Cup, B) remains a top shelf 1C on a team that can contend again with even reasonable health & C) was just named captain. If you wouldn;t be surprised they move him, you simply don't understand the situation. At all.
Jun. 29, 2021 at 10:28 p.m.
Uhh they did not trade Petro, let's just get that straight. And they sure as hell are not trading Dad. Any thought to the contrary is beyond fanciful. Having "potentially dead cap" in 4-5-6 years doesn't mean a damn thing with regards to what happens with Dad right now (and not just because the cap will almost surely be more forgiving 4-5-6 years from now). It would supremely irresponsible for this franchise to offload the guy who A) led them to a Cup, B) remains a top shelf 1C on a team that can contend again with even reasonable health & C) was just named captain. If you wouldn;t be surprised they move him, you simply don't understand the situation. At all.

Oh damn, you're right, they let him walk for nothing, over 2.3m. I certainly hope the cap rises, because as it stands, 6 seasons from now you'll still have one more season with almost 20m worth of, Schenn, Faulk and Krug holding full NTC's, rounding 40. These things aren't predictors of what will happen, you know that right? I'm merely saying what I would offer in fantasyland. I hope you guys win another cup in the next couple of years, so that it's worth ending up like Detroit. I just don't know how someone is allowed to look at an aging core with 3 long term high dollar contracts for dudes in their 30's and think "yeah, I want another one of those". Or why, as a fan, you'd want any part of that, regardless past success. But hey, keep your guy if you insist.
Jun. 30, 2021 at 12:29 a.m.
Oh damn, you're right, they let him walk for nothing, over 2.3m. I certainly hope the cap rises, because as it stands, 6 seasons from now you'll still have one more season with almost 20m worth of, Schenn, Faulk and Krug holding full NTC's, rounding 40. These things aren't predictors of what will happen, you know that right? I'm merely saying what I would offer in fantasyland. I hope you guys win another cup in the next couple of years, so that it's worth ending up like Detroit. I just don't know how someone is allowed to look at an aging core with 3 long term high dollar contracts for dudes in their 30's and think "yeah, I want another one of those". Or why, as a fan, you'd want any part of that, regardless past success. But hey, keep your guy if you insist.

They didn't let petro walk over salary, they argued over the terms of the deal. And no they aren't rounding 40 theyd be 35. And it doesnt count as 5 1st when you packaged Dunn into the deal. This is just an overal garbage return for a guy thats a captain, Conn Smythe, and Selke winner. At least through Kakko in
Jun. 30, 2021 at 4:09 a.m.
mokumboi
Oh damn, you're right, they let him walk for nothing, over 2.3m.

I certainly hope the cap rises, because as it stands, 6 seasons from now you'll still have one more season with almost 20m worth of, Schenn, Faulk and Krug holding full NTC's, rounding 40.

These things aren't predictors of what will happen, you know that right? I'm merely saying what I would offer in fantasyland. I hope you guys win another cup in the next couple of years, so that it's worth ending up like Detroit. I just don't know how someone is allowed to look at an aging core with 3 long term high dollar contracts for dudes in their 30's and think "yeah, I want another one of those". Or why, as a fan, you'd want any part of that, regardless past success. But hey, keep your guy if you insist.

1- Wrong. He walked because Army has a brick-headed policy of never giving an NMC. Again, you clearly do not understand the situation.

2- Who says those players will all still be in STL? There is no fate but what we make. Or something like that. Haven't seen that movie in ages. tears of joy

3- Funny you mention Detroit's most recent successes. You should go check the ages on those Cup-winning rosters and tell me what you find.

But yes, we will keep our award-winning, reasonably priced, star 1C who is beloved by all in town while we try to contend. Thanks for the advice.
Jun. 30, 2021 at 11:29 a.m.
1- Wrong. He walked because Army has a brick-headed policy of never giving an NMC. Again, you clearly do not understand the situation.

2- Who says those players will all still be in STL? There is no fate but what we make. Or something like that. Haven't seen that movie in ages. tears of joy

3- Funny you mention Detroit's most recent successes. You should go check the ages on those Cup-winning rosters and tell me what you find.

But yes, we will keep our award-winning, reasonably priced, star 1C who is beloved by all in town while we try to contend. Thanks for the advice.

Several Hall of Famers? Do you even have 1? That's certainly not Schenn, Faulk, or Krug. And because your guys have full NTC's (looking for the evidence of an issue with giving these out, because why give one to Faulk or Krug and not the guy wearing the sacred "C"), they will be who says whether or not they're still around.

They let Pietrangelo walk and signed Krug for 2.3m less and gave him a full NTC. That might not be the full story, but thems the results you live with as a fan. Best of luck on those subsequent cups. But hey, at least you have 1! no joke.
Jun. 30, 2021 at 11:33 a.m.
mokumboi
Several Hall of Famers? Do you even have 1?

They let Pietrangelo walk and signed Krug for 2.3m less and gave him a full NTC. That might not be the full story, but thems the results you live with as a fan. Best of luck on those subsequent cups. But hey, at least you have 1! no joke.

1- Oh, here... let me help you move those goalposts aaaaaall the way over there. Don't want you to hurt your back.

2- Do you understand the difference between an NMC and an NTC? Or even know that Krug's NTC turns to a 15-team NTC in 2025?

And uhh, how many Cups do you have in the last 80 years (or almost 30 more than the Blues have existed)?

Bottom line: No Dad for you! Deal with it.
Jun. 30, 2021 at 11:41 a.m.
1- Oh, here... let me help you move those goalposts aaaaaall the way over there.

2- Do you understand the difference between an NMC and an NTC? Or even know that Krug's NTC turns to a 15-team NTC in 2025?

And uhh, how many Cups do you have in the last 80 years (or almost 30 more than the Blues have existed)?

Bottom line: No Dad for you! Deal with it.

Like I said, we don't have to have him, this is just a thought experiment. And you're right, a 15 team no trade isn't the same as a full. For the record, I don't think your window is over. But in 2 years it definitely will be. But I don't think he re-signs there, nor do I think it would be a good idea for the Blues to re-sign him at 32-33 vs trying to get assets given how few you have. Peace!
Jun. 30, 2021 at 11:57 a.m.
mokumboi
Like I said, we don't have to have him, this is just a thought experiment. And you're right, a 15 team no trade isn't the same as a full. For the record, I don't think your window is over. But in 2 years it definitely will be. But I don't think he re-signs there, nor do I think it would be a good idea for the Blues to re-sign him at 32-33 vs trying to get assets given how few you have. Peace!

CloudyClumsyGlassfrog-max-1mb.gif

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll