Forums/NHL

Anaheim Ducks: No Russians?

Is this a coincidence?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Jul. 2, 2021 at 1:37 p.m.
Lenny7
Edited Jul. 2, 2021 at 1:48 p.m.
When Kravtsov came over for the Rangers, I got kind of curious. Do the Ducks have any draft and stash prospects in the KHL that I didn't know about? I consider myself a knowledgeable Ducks fan, who usually knows what's up in SoCal, but was kind of surprised by my findings:

Since taking over for Brian Burke in 08, Bob Murray has drafted a total of 2 Russians (Galimov and Bobkov). That's 2 total picks out of 82. One was a 21 year old 5th rounder, and the other was a 3rd rounder.

On top of that, the last active player that GMBM had on the Ducks that was from Russia/USSR was Anton Khubodin, in 2015/16. Aside from him, there was Bryz (14/15), Evgeni Artyukin (09/10), and a combo of Bryz/Maxim Kondratiev (07-08). Maybe it's just a weird oddity with the Ducks roster, but it seems pretty weird that there's been a total of 4 Russians on the team since 2007, and that Bryz was the only regular. Maybe I'm overthinking it, but it seems like Russia is a market that the Ducks should be digging pretty deep into, no?

Thoughts?

Edit: He did trade for Volkov this year, so perhaps it's a coincidence.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit