Forums/Armchair-GM

Now Im not a Wild fan

Created by: RaZZe
Team: 2021-22 Minnesota Wild
Initial Creation Date: Jul. 5, 2021
Published: Jul. 5, 2021
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
First things first, I'm not a Wild fan so I do not know all of their players and their potential. However, I hope I'm able to make pretty fair trades because of this. I have no bias, if the trades suck, it's because I suck.

For Kaprizov's contract, I copied what Kucherov had before his 9,5M deal. I think Kaprizov could benefit from a bridge deal since his true value would show in the next 3 years. Also, the salary cap would be much higher. I understand he doesn't have much leverage in the negotiations due to his RFA status with no arbitration rights, but he is the whole organization, they need him to play and not sit as Nylander did. With a deal like this, Kaprizov could make McDavid money on his next deal and wouldn't have to be stuck on some 8 million a year. Wild on the other hand gets one of the best bargains in the league for 3 years. Kaprizov has the balls to bet on himself. According to CapFriendly, he'll still be an RFA when his deal runs out.

You could also copy the Draisaitl contract of 8x8,5 million, or sign him to a hybrid-bridge deal of 5 years, but that would make building a team on a flat cap much harder.

For Fiala's deal, I used Forsberg and Nylander as comparables. So 6 years and roughly 8% of the cap. However, both Forsberg and Nylander had two 60 point seasons under their belts before their deals, and Fiala's highest point amount is 54 so I took about a 6th of his salary away. And that's how we got to 5,5M. That's also quite close to Eriksson Ek's deal, and Fiala isn't taking less than him.

The single biggest need for the Wild is a #1 center. Or at least a guy who can fill that role until Rossi takes it (I'm thinking it takes about 3 years for him to do that). No, they don't need to trade their whole organization for a guy like Jack Eichel, but it could be the Sabres who bring Wild the much-needed relief. I'm thinking of Reinhart because I was convinced of his play as a center late in the season. He was almost point-per-game and thrived in his new position. I could see him upping his game like Sam Bennett did with Florida this past season. And if he doesn't work out as a center, the Wild would have a proven 25-goal-winger. I don't see that much risk in acquiring him.

I also think it would be better for the Wild to have two 1B centers (Reinhart, Ek) rather than trying to go for Eichel or a similar elite center who would cost the moon from the sky.

I have seen a lot of Sabres fans giving Reinhart 8-year deals and over 7,5 million a year. There's no way he'll make more than, for example, Kyle Connor ($7,142,857). Right now, Reinhart is a better version of Fiala, and he will get paid as so. I found a lot of similarities between Reinhart and Chris Kreider. Reinhart is a bit better than Kreider, but Kreider was an UFA when he made his 6,5M AAV contract. I think Reinhart being an RFA forces him to take what Kreider got, so I copy-pasted Kreider's contract for him.

After looking at the Wild's UFA players, I decided I wouldn't want to extend any of them. That leaves a hole for a bottom-line winger, so I went and got Joel Armia. He is a guy I've been following ever since he was drafted and I really like him. I'm wishing my team signs him this offseason, but now that he's killing it in the Stanley Cup finals, I believe there will be many suitors. I would be amazed if Wild wasn't one of them. He isn't an offensive machine but he does have some skills. Most importantly, I believe he would be an amazing pickup for the 3rd or 4th line that would really provide some great depth and boost the Wild's penalty kill to be among the best in the NHL.

The last spot on the roster will be tricky to fill, as what I'm left here is 1,1M to acquire an NHL-level player. I don't think anyone from the Wild's reserve list will be able to earn that spot so they have to go fishing for bargains. They could resign Bonino, but that would most likely be too expensive. I found many interesting options (Sceviour, Fogarty, Kuraly, Sheahan) but decided to grab Travis Boyd. I've watched a few of his games and even though he didn't blow me out of my socks, I also didn't wonder who let him on the ice. He did the little things well and had a pretty decent advanced stats line on a bad Canucks team. Boyd is from Minnesota, which sealed the deal. I gave him 2x1M so the Wild would have him on a cheap contract for a bonus year if the change in scenery makes him suddenly become a machine or something. He can also play center, which is a plus.

I don't have Rossi playing in the NHL yet because I really think he could benefit from a season in the AHL. He played a total of 5 games this season and all of that talk from him being close to dying due to covid makes me skeptical he is ready for the big show. The Wild really don't have a reason to throw him to the wolves right away.
Free Agent Signings
RESERVE LISTYEARSCAP HIT
3$925,000
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
3$4,766,667
6$5,500,000
7$6,500,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
3$3,333,333
2$1,000,000
Trades
MIN
SEA
  1. Greenway, Jordan
Additional Details:
I think Seattle takes Greenway. They will be able to get a lot of good goalies (Raanta/Kuemper, Driedger, Khudobin) so I don't believe they see Talbot as their future in net. Wild could try to play with picks and save Greenway but it could result in what they did in the Vegas draft. That wasn't pretty.
MIN
  1. Reinhart, Sam [RFA Rights]
Additional Details:
I think Reinhart's value is a solid roster player, 1st and a good, but not great prospect
BUF
  1. Khusnutdinov, Marat
  2. Rask, Victor
  3. 2021 1st round pick (PIT)
Additional Details:
Rask is more or less a cap dump, so the Wild can afford Reinhart's new deal.

I really think the Sabres should not pick Owen Power in this year's draft, but rather go for Matt Beniers. However, they're the Sabres, they see a 6'5 defenseman and start foaming at their mouths.

That's why I picked Khusnutdinov over Beckman; he is a center, which the Sabres will need even if they won't ship out Eichel. Khusnutdinov has a high ceiling, and it wouldn't be nice to let him go, but the Wild also gets rid of Rask in this deal. It is a cap dump as well, so that balances out the values.
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
20$81,500,000$70,667,500$0$1,482,500$10,832,500
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Minnesota Wild
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RW, LW
NMC
UFA - 3
$6,500,000$6,500,000
RW
UFA - 3
$4,766,667$4,766,667
LW
UFA - 5
$880,833$880,833 (Performance Bonus$600,000$600K)
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$5,250,000$5,250,000
C
UFA - 8
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$3,100,000$3,100,000
RW, LW
UFA - 3
$1,700,000$1,700,000
C, RW
UFA - 3
$3,333,333$3,333,333
RW, LW
UFA - 4
$750,000$750,000 (Performance Bonus$750,000$750K)
LW
UFA - 1
$725,000$725,000
C
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$3,650,000$3,650,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 4
$7,575,000$7,575,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 6
$3,666,667$3,666,667
G
UFA - 2
$6,000,000$6,000,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 7
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$725,000$725,000
G
UFA - 1
$2,750,000$2,750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$795,000$795,000 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
RD
RFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Be honest: Who's better?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Jul. 5, 2021 at 9:27 a.m.
Banned
Edited Jul. 5, 2021 at 9:33 a.m.
Wild aren't going to trade for reinhart. Marat Khusnutdinov is going nowhere. He was just drafted with Luke kunin trade last year, & is a top c prospect in wild prospect group.

Wild rather keep marat Khusnutdinov and 1st round pick than trade for Reinhart. Whose not a C. He's just not. He's a career 39 percent @ c.

If anything wild will go for Eichel. Also, Reinhart isn't better than fiala

Cap still doesn't work for wild

Wild have no need for j.Armia when Matt boldy, Adam Beckman, & connor dewar exists along with Brandon duhaime and Kyle Rauner for 4th line. Good chance bonino is coming back
Jul. 5, 2021 at 9:32 a.m.
Quoting: Clement
Wild aren't going to trade for reinhart. Marat Khusnutdinov is going nowhere. He was just drafted with Luke kunin trade last year, & is a top c prospect in wild prospect group.

Wild rather keep marat Khusnutdinov and 1st round pick than trade for Reinhart.

Cap still doesn't work for wild

In this scenario, the cap does work. The Wild are under the cap by 150,000.

I understand it's hard to think about trading Khusnutdinov, but the alternative is to have Ryan Hartman as your 2nd line center, lol. The Wild can't afford to get anyone from the FA, so they'll have to do it via trade. top6 centers just tend to cost a lot...
Jul. 5, 2021 at 9:35 a.m.
Banned
Edited Jul. 5, 2021 at 9:44 a.m.
Quoting: RaZZe
In this scenario, the cap does work. The Wild are under the cap by 150,000.

I understand it's hard to think about trading Khusnutdinov, but the alternative is to have Ryan Hartman as your 2nd line center, lol. The Wild can't afford to get anyone from the FA, so they'll have to do it via trade. top6 centers just tend to cost a lot...

Reinhart isn't a C.. He's played barely 1 year as one. Career 39 percent in face-offs. Any team who trades for him as a c or sign him long term will regret it

Wild traded Luke kunin to select Marat Khusnutdinov last draft. He's not going to be traded. His connection with kaprizov is also a big reason wild traded kunin to select him

Well, wild gm disagree with you. Yes, wild need C"s but the GM is very selective. It's why he continues to have zero interest in Sean Monahan, & Kuznetsov

One last thing fiala is getting 3-4 years deal. If he wants more, he's getting traded. Wild GM don't want to sign fiala long term. So fiala is gone for a c.

A wild fan asked beat writer Michael Russo if fiala will get 5 years deal, & he said no.
Jul. 5, 2021 at 9:47 a.m.
Jimbo1119

Wild rather keep marat Khusnutdinov and 1st round pick than trade for Reinhart. Whose not a C. He's just not. He's a career 39 percent @ c.

I've had this discussion before about Khus...and came away realizing how commited Wild fans are to him....and I get it: Khus has world class speed, plays real hungry, and as a prospect probably has a high floor- with lots of potential to develop a high ceiling. Problem is: on draft day he was seen as a project 3-4 years out...not sure how he progressed in D+1, but I believe he's still around 6th or 7th on Wild prospect chart...and still probably at least 2 years away from an NHL roster. This trade may or may not be the trade to upgrade the Wild C position for now and into the future...but it (or a similar type trade) is worth considering...Wild lineup does not have the time to wait for Khus to emerge in the top 6.
RaZZe and RedWing9119 liked this.
Jul. 5, 2021 at 9:52 a.m.
Reinhart isn't a C.. He's played barely 1 year as one. Career 39 percent in face-offs. Any team who trades for him as a c or sign him long term will regret it

Wild traded Luke kunin to select Marat Khusnutdinov last draft. He's not going to be traded. His connection with kaprizov is also a big reason wild traded kunin to select him

Well, wild gm disagree with you. Yes, wild need C"s but the GM is very selective. It's why he continues to have zero interest in Sean Monahan, & Kuznetsov

One last thing fiala is getting 3-4 years deal. If he wants more, he's getting traded. Wild GM don't want to sign fiala long term. So fiala is gone for a c.

A wild fan asked beat writer Michael Russo if fiala will get 5 years deal, & he said no.

As I said, even though Reinhart hasn't played center for a while, it might be worth a shot. He got drafted second overall as a C, so he definitely has some capabilities in the position. At worst, he's a 25-goal winger. What is clear, is that the Wild won't win anything with that center depth. Rossi is still a couple of years away so something has to be done.

Now, I don't follow Wild too closely, so I don't know anything about Fiala getting only short-term deals. In my understanding, the negotiations have just begun, so anything is possible. If I was the GM, I'd lock him up long-term, and that's what these ACGM's are for; what I'd do as the GM.
RedWing9119 liked this.
Jul. 5, 2021 at 9:56 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: Jimbo1119

He's not going to be available in any trade especially for a player like Sam Reinhart when wild have zero interest in Sean Monahan, & Kuznetsov

Sean Monahan, & Kuznetsov are straight C's & better but wild not having any interest in them, along with wild beat writer not mentioning him is very telling

Marat Khusnutdinov slots right behind Marco Rossi as wild 2nd best c prospect. Luke kunin was traded to division rival so first year draft leader, & top / one of best nhl scout in judd brackett can choose him

His connection alone ft kaprizov, & him playing for kaprizov's old team alone makes him untouchable. San Reinhart isn't the kind of player he's getting traded for
Jul. 5, 2021 at 10:00 a.m.
He's not going to be available in any trade especially for a player like Sam Reinhart when wild have zero interest in Sean Monahan, & Kuznetsov

Sean Monahan, & Kuznetsov are straight C's & better but wild not having any interest in them, along with wild beat writer not mentioning him is very telling

Marat Khusnutdinov slots right behind Marco Rossi as wild 2nd best c prospect. Luke kunin was traded to division rival so first year draft leader, & top / one of best nhl scout in judd brackett can choose him

His connection alone ft kaprizov, & him playing for kaprizov's old team alone makes him untouchable. San Reinhart isn't the kind of player he's getting traded for

What connection does Khusnutdinov have with Kaprizov? Both are Russian, yes, but that alone does pretty much nothing. Khusnutdinov also plays for SKA Petersburgh, not Moscow CSKA. They have never played in the same team at the same time.

We want to contend now, so I'd say we do this. We have no time to wait for Khusnutdinov to maybe break into the NHL. We need centers now
Jul. 5, 2021 at 10:00 a.m.
Banned
As I said, even though Reinhart hasn't played center for a while, it might be worth a shot. He got drafted second overall as a C, so he definitely has some capabilities in the position. At worst, he's a 25-goal winger. What is clear, is that the Wild won't win anything with that center depth. Rossi is still a couple of years away so something has to be done.

Now, I don't follow Wild too closely, so I don't know anything about Fiala getting only short-term deals. In my understanding, the negotiations have just begun, so anything is possible. If I was the GM, I'd lock him up long-term, and that's what these ACGM's are for; what I'd do as the GM.

Wild beat writer said fiala was almost traded last summer because of Contract difficulties. Apparently wild GM doesn't trust him this will not be willing to sign Fiala long term

Kaprizov's agent is going to have to budge off 3 years deal because wild gm continues to refuse to settle on 3 year's deal

Wild are in a criticism year, & sam Reinhart isn't the type of player to take risk on that hells a c, & piss off kaprizov some more
Jul. 5, 2021 at 10:02 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: EccE
What connection does Khusnutdinov have with Kaprizov? Both are Russian, yes, but that alone does pretty much nothing. Khusnutdinov also plays for SKA Petersburgh, not Moscow CSKA. They have never played in the same team at the same time.

We want to contend now, so I'd say we do this. We have no time to wait for Khusnutdinov to maybe break into the NHL. We need centers now

Joel Eriksson Ek is better than Sam Reinhart.
Apparently Russo mentioned on a pod that Marat Khusnutdinov will be playing on kaprizov's old team as Russia tries to pressure him to play on Olympic

Tomas hertel, jack eichel are still out there
Jul. 5, 2021 at 10:06 a.m.
Joel Eriksson Ek is better than Sam Reinhart.
Apparently Russo mentioned on a pod that Marat Khusnutdinov will be playing on kaprizov's old team as Russia tries to pressure him to play on Olympic

Tomas hertel, jack eichel are still out there

I never said Reinhart was better than Ek? We still need centers lol. Eichel will ruin our cap while being extremely expensive. Nobody knows if he will recover from his neck injury. He could be a bigger risk than Reinhart! Hertl is a possibility, but he is one year from being a UFA.

Even if Khus would be playing on Kirill's old team, it doesn't matter because Kaprizov is not there. They don't know each other, I don't know if they have ever even talked to each other.
Jul. 5, 2021 at 10:13 a.m.
Banned
I never said Reinhart was better than Ek? We still need centers lol. Eichel will ruin our cap while being extremely expensive. Nobody knows if he will recover from his neck injury. He could be a bigger risk than Reinhart! Hertl is possibility, but he is one year from being a UFA.

Even if Khus would be playing on Kirill's old team, it doesn't matter because Kaprizov is not there. They don't know each other, I don't know if they have ever even talked to each other.

In a crucial year, agree to disagree. Sam Reinhart isn't the type of player to trade for, & hope he's going to become 1c. He just doesn't have it in him to do so

Wild gm specifically mentioned he's not trading draft picks, & prospects. Luke kunin was specifically traded so judd brackett can select Marat Khusnutdinov. He's simply not going to be added / traded unless it's for a better player than Reinhart

In a year where wild lost games on face-offs, you seriously want to take the chance that he can become 1c? It has been done, & tried by wild GM's, & continues to be a losing strategy

Putting greenway or boldly @ c is better than acquiring Reinhart who needs to get paid this summer
Jul. 5, 2021 at 10:18 a.m.
In a crucial year, agree to disagree. Sam Reinhart isn't the type of player to trade for, & hope he's going to become 1c. He just doesn't have it in him to do so

Wild gm specifically mentioned he's not trading draft picks, & prospects. Luke kunin was specifically traded so judd brackett can select Marat Khusnutdinov. He's simply not going to be added / traded unless it's for a better player than Reinhart

In a year where wild lost games on face-offs, you seriously want to take the chance that he can become 1c? It has been done, & tried by wild GM's, & continues to be a losing strategy

Putting greenway or boldly c is better than acquiring Reinhart who needs to get paid this summer

Greenway is a winger and likely gone to SEA. So you are really putting a rookie who struggled at C in college as your top6 center. You need to do something to fix the black hole at C. Ek alone is not enough, we have four lines.

Plus, as Russo has stated, Kaprizov is not willing to sign with us until we upgrade our centers. Khusnutdinov could be swapped to Beckman in this trade, as originally stated. You got to give to get, Reinhart is a win-now piece (even as a winger) for a win-now team.
RaZZe liked this.
Jul. 5, 2021 at 10:23 a.m.
Jimbo1119

Can't blame you for no interest in Monahan or Kuznetsov.
But how about other guys- Dvorak, Zibjanajad, Strome, Lindholm, Vilardi, JT Miller, Cirelli...just to name a few of the C's who MAY be available in the right deal. Point is- I understand the attachment to Khus....but I don't think it's the best interest of any team to be held hostage over a prospect- especially when he projects MAYBE a few years out.
RaZZe liked this.
Jul. 5, 2021 at 10:56 a.m.
Banned
Can't blame you for no interest in Monahan or Kuznetsov.
But how about other guys- Dvorak, Zibjanajad, Strome, Lindholm, Vilardi, JT Miller, Cirelli...just to name a few of the C's who MAY be available in the right deal. Point is- I understand the attachment to Khus....but I don't think it's the best interest of any team to be held hostage over a prospect- especially when he projects MAYBE a few years out.

I mean I am interested in Sean Monahan. Wild gm has very different ways he looks @ players even a position of c

He refused to trade dumba for trocheck years back.. Got to believe that bill Guerin wants players exactly like himself
Jul. 5, 2021 at 10:57 a.m.
Banned
Greenway is a winger and likely gone to SEA. So you are really putting a rookie who struggled at C in college as your top6 center. You need to do something to fix the black hole at C. Ek alone is not enough, we have four lines.

Plus, as Russo has stated, Kaprizov is not willing to sign with us until we upgrade our centers. Khusnutdinov could be swapped to Beckman in this trade, as originally stated. You got to give to get, Reinhart is a win-now piece (even as a winger) for a win-now team.

I have no problem with Beckman. I very much have a problem with moving Marat Khusnutdinov
Jul. 5, 2021 at 11:18 a.m.
Jimbo1119
I mean I am interested in Sean Monahan. Wild gm has very different ways he looks @ players even a position of c

He refused to trade dumba for trocheck years back.. Got to believe that bill Guerin wants players exactly like himself

Whatever Guerin's philosophy is, the common thread between him and every other GM is the constant pursuit to better position his team for now and the future...with that in mind, being "married" to any one player or prospect is probably not a good idea. That said- if a deal comes along with Khus leaving MINN...if it's the right value considering his D+1 development and suits the current Wild lineup and salary structure into the future- Guerin would be foolish not to consider. Keep in mind- in no way am I advocating Guerin accepting getting fleeced of Khus or any other prospect.
Jul. 5, 2021 at 9:01 p.m.
Minnesota Wild

If people were saying he was 3-4 years out (which I don't necessarily remember), it was because of the 2 years left on his KHL contract. People assume 2 years to finish out his KHL deal then maybe a year or so in the AHL/bottom 6 to transition to North America.

I think Kaprizov could benefit from a bridge deal since his true value would show in the next 3 years.

According to CapFriendly, he'll still be an RFA when his deal runs out.

I'm not sure where you're getting the idea he'd still be an RFA after a 3 year deal. The notation of RFA on the depth chart there just means you signed him to that deal as an RFA because it's a created contract. Take a look at the 6 year deal you gave Fiala. He'll be 30 at the end of the contract with 11 NHL seasons under his belt at the time that contract expires, but it still shows RFA next to his name in the lineup.

Kaprizov turned 24 this spring which means he will be 27 3 summers from now and UFA eligible. The deal you gave him would take up his remaining RFA years and walk him directly to UFA. A 3 year deal is legit the worst possible contract we could sign him to right now. He would be a UFA and we wouldn't have money to re-sign him to a bigger contract. Guerin is going to want to get him on a 4 year deal at a minimum. At that point, we will have $15+ million coming off the books with the Parise/Suter deals ending to give him a raise. Let's say we sign him to a $7 million deal for 4 years and at the end of it he wants (and is worth) $12 million. We would be able to sign him to that and have $10 million extra laying around for free agents/RFA raises. If we gave him a 3 year deal and walked him to UFA and he wants $12 million, we're SOL and he's gone because we have no money to give him.

Boyd is from Minnesota, which sealed the deal.

Also, just a small note I wanted to throw in here. I, and many other Wild fans, am so sick of the "he's one of us so let's sign/trade for this player" BS. We produce more NHLers than any other state. If Minnesota was a country, we'd be the 5th largest producer of active NHLers behind Canada, the rest of the US, Sweden, and just 4 players shy of Finland at 4th according to QuantHockey. Guerin has made it very clear, we want the best players. Where they were born should have nothing to do with it. It sometimes feels like every AGM thread with the Wild has a "well he's from there so I threw him in" type deal. I'm not trying to be an ass, but if we wanted to sign every guy either from MN or that played in MN in HS (like Crosby, MacKinnon, Oshie, or Toews) or college, we'd need 3 more teams here.
Jul. 6, 2021 at 6:35 a.m.
Quoting: futurehofer
If people were saying he was 3-4 years out (which I don't necessarily remember), it was because of the 2 years left on his KHL contract. People assume 2 years to finish out his KHL deal then maybe a year or so in the AHL/bottom 6 to transition to North America.

I'm not sure where you're getting the idea he'd still be an RFA after a 3 year deal. The notation of RFA on the depth chart there just means you signed him to that deal as an RFA because it's a created contract. Take a look at the 6 year deal you gave Fiala. He'll be 30 at the end of the contract with 11 NHL seasons under his belt at the time that contract expires, but it still shows RFA next to his name in the lineup.

Kaprizov turned 24 this spring which means he will be 27 3 summers from now and UFA eligible. The deal you gave him would take up his remaining RFA years and walk him directly to UFA. A 3 year deal is legit the worst possible contract we could sign him to right now. He would be a UFA and we wouldn't have money to re-sign him to a bigger contract. Guerin is going to want to get him on a 4 year deal at a minimum. At that point, we will have $15+ million coming off the books with the Parise/Suter deals ending to give him a raise. Let's say we sign him to a $7 million deal for 4 years and at the end of it he wants (and is worth) $12 million. We would be able to sign him to that and have $10 million extra laying around for free agents/RFA raises. If we gave him a 3 year deal and walked him to UFA and he wants $12 million, we're SOL and he's gone because we have no money to give him.

Also, just a small note I wanted to throw in here. I, and many other Wild fans, am so sick of the "he's one of us so let's sign/trade for this player" BS. We produce more NHLers than any other state. If Minnesota was a country, we'd be the 5th largest producer of active NHLers behind Canada, the rest of the US, Sweden, and just 4 players shy of Finland at 4th according to QuantHockey. Guerin has made it very clear, we want the best players. Where they were born should have nothing to do with it. It sometimes feels like every AGM thread with the Wild has a "well he's from there so I threw him in" type deal. I'm not trying to be an ass, but if we wanted to sign every guy either from MN or that played in MN in HS (like Crosby, MacKinnon, Oshie, or Toews) or college, we'd need 3 more teams here.

I was going to sign Boyd anyway, cause I like his game. The fact he's from Minnesota didn't affect the decision, it was just kinda neat to notice. And that doesn't even matter anymore now, that the Wild signed Bjugstad for that role.

I legit did not know Kaprizov was going to be UFA after 3 years. As I said, I'm not a Wild fan so I was going off of what Capfriendly showed me. I just thought that maybe he was born just after the cutout date from being an UFA. But yeah, they should try getting him to a 5-year hybrid bridge deal. I doubt he's taking 8 years as he has no connection to the organization and can't be sure of winning the Stanley Cup there. 5 years would cost a bit more, but also provide some security that the Wild can build their team around Kaprizov.

That just means I'd probably have to cut Armia from this ACGM, which is a shame as he is one of my favorite players... Welp, hopefully he comes to Florida!

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit