G
UFA - 1
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$5,625,000$5,625,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 3
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
RD
RFA - 1
$894,167$894,167
LD
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RD
UFA - 3
$1,300,000$1,300,000
G
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$950,000$950,000
LD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 6, 2021 at 12:50 p.m.
That's not gonna get Forsberg
Jul. 6, 2021 at 12:50 p.m.
Vancouver accepts when Toronto drops the 5th
Jul. 6, 2021 at 12:52 p.m.
Formerly Jamiepo
Khaira for Mikheyev makes no sense. Even less since you sent him to the marlies. Too much money for bunting and you aren’t getting forsberg without and A prospect and a first.
Jul. 6, 2021 at 12:53 p.m.
Formerly Jamiepo
Quoting: yztnuK

Why would they even want to move Engvall? Especially for a ****ty return like that.
Jul. 6, 2021 at 12:53 p.m.
Mac1010
every TOR AGM has mikheyev or engvall coming to EDM.

EDM does not want or need either of these players. We have enough bottom 6 wingers they will be looking to add top 6 wingers this year.
Gregzky liked this.
Jul. 6, 2021 at 12:57 p.m.
Hockeyfan95
Edited Jul. 6, 2021 at 1:04 p.m.
Here is my optimistic off season for the leafs.
I think having a fast and strong defensive third line would benefit a lot as a lot of teams that go far in the playoffs have a solid energy third line.
I think it's time for Robertson, Liljegren and Sandin to make the jump full time. Sandin is a no brainer I feel he needs to get more confident playing a full season. Robertson is lethal offensively and plays with a lot of energy which I think he will benefit from, similar to how they used Galchenyuk he has to play with other skilled players to bring out the best of him. Liljegren has not got many minutes in the big league but when he does I think he looks very good. He can move the puck forward but is also strong defensively. He has had his fair sure of turnovers but with more experience I think he will work it out and playing him with a defensemen like Muzzin will give him more stability.
I have Holl being taken in the expansion draft because I feel Seattle is more enticed by a younger defensive defensemen then maybe Kerfoot who would be their other option. Leafs may give them a draft pick to take Kerfoot but I don't think it is worth it. Kerfoot has been really good in the playoffs and plays with a lot of energy, something perfect for a third line centermen. He can also move up and down the lineup and play on the wing, something very useful to have.
In regards to the other trades I have Mikehyev going to Edmonton for Khaira RFA rights. The leafs could probably get more for Mikehyev but I like Khaira's game. He is a tall centre and plays with a lot of heart, something you can't teach. He struggled at times in Edmonton but I think with a change of scenery he can develop into a better player and maybe play a more shutdown role.
Engvall I have going to Vancouver for a couple of late round draft picks. I don't see a big return from a player like Engvall, he is a very solid skater but he needs to develop his game more to be a more effective player. Vancouver could use a player like him because he is cheap and they will be tight against the cap having to pay their big players soon.
Foresberg I have coming to Toronto for a few prospects and a second round draft pick. Foresberg has been the best forward for Nashville in my opinion and has a tremendous skillset. His contract is very reasonable at $6,000,000 AAV. He could go for more than the prospects listed but for what Nashville got for Arvidsonn, I don't see this package being unreasonable. Abramov is a very enticing prospect and Hollowell and Der-Arguchintsev as well as a second round pick would be very good for Nashville's prospect pool. It may be time for them to go into rebuild and start dealing out their players but they are also not far off of a couple of big signings to take them further but the Arvidsonn trade signals that it may be time for a new look.
Now for signings, I had signed two players in which I sent down to the minors in hopes the Leafs development team can help enhance these players, similar to what they did with someone like Galchenyuk. Drake Cagguila and Evan Rodrigues are both very skillful players when I watch them. I'm a big fan of Cagguila because he is a gritty players and plays with a little chip. He also was a great player in his days at North Dakota so he has the skill and potential to produce, maybe not top 6 points but somewhere in the bottom 6. Rodrigues also plays with some skill and would be a good player to slot in the lineup if they want a different look and maybe some skill added, however I think he does need more development until he becomes a regular.
Jon Merril was a defencemen I signed because of the role he plays. He is a shutdown defencemen. Although he may not be the best at it, he has done a great job these first few rounds in shutting down players and I think having him slot in and out of the lineup would be great depending on the look the leafs want to go, and allowing to rest the rookies Liljegren and Sandin or the vet in Bogossian who I also brought back. Bogossian fits perfect with this team, a veteran Stanley cup winner right shot defencemen, who was also great with them last year and gives an offensive defencemen like Sandin more stability.
Now for forwards is where I continued this energy third line. Tomas Tatar is a great player and his advanced stats back it up too. Yes he has struggled offensively but he has the capability to put the puck in the net there is no denying that. Tatar at $2,000,000 for 3 years would be a fair contract as it gives him some term and a fair bit of money until he is 33. He may get overpaid and get maybe $3,000,000+ but I realistically see him from the $2,000,000-$3,000,000 range.
Now Micheal Bunting is a player that I think fits perfect. He is young, skillful and has speed. The leafs could really use him to bolster their third line. He provides a great skillset and I see some Blake Coleman in him. The leafs may have to pay more than $2,000,000 AAV but I think he would fit nicely. Blake Coleman is a player I think would be perfect for the leafs but I feel a team will have a huge overpay for him.
Finally I have Adam Brooks playing as the 4th line centre. Brooks was very effective when he played for the leafs. He didn't look out of place and putting him along side Spezza and Simmonds would be good. He plays with some grit which I like about him and he also has the speed a center needs. Pairing him with veterans will continue his development and help him be an effective player in that role. If he isn't working out during the season they can call up Khaira to fill that slot.
I have the leafs signing Halak as their backup. Halak is a veteran goalie that knows what It takes to do well in the playoffs. I think he is still capable of being a very solid backup goalie and he can help mentor Campbell. Campbell should be the starter and I believe will be, but he does need that mentor to help him with the mental aspect of his game. There are talks Andersen may come back but I feel a team will overpay for him so I don't really see him coming back. Halak had a .905% save percentage which is pretty good and the leafs have a solid enough defence to help him out. He would be a cheap option that can help Campbell develop.
Overall I think the leafs mainly have to address their third line. They need players that can provide offence but also shut down other teams top line. We see how effective the Danualt and Coleman line are for their teams and they are pivotal in shutting down the other teams best players. They also need players to play the penalty kill. While I am a fan of Marner's play on the PK I don't think he should be used there. A superstar should not be wasting energy on the penalty kill and risking injury when blocking shots. You need those gritty players that will put their body on the line to block the shot. While he is great, I think it is a waste of energy. They need forward depth to go far and they absolutely need the top players of Matthews and Marner to start producing in the playoffs.
Jul. 6, 2021 at 1:00 p.m.
Hockeyfan95
Quoting: villenash
That's not gonna get Forsberg

I sent my reasoning but to sum it up I don't disagree with you. I think they may have to give a better prospect for Foresberg but I believe they have Abramov listed as an A level prospect. It was tough to gage based on the return for Arvidsonn.
Jul. 6, 2021 at 1:01 p.m.
Hockeyfan95
Quoting: yztnuK

I can agree with that too. I put that in because Engvall could very well be a regular for Vancouver and the 5th round pick is not even their own. But I agree he may be worth less.
Jul. 6, 2021 at 1:02 p.m.
No from the Oilers.
Jul. 6, 2021 at 1:03 p.m.
Hockeyfan95
Quoting: mm1010
every TOR AGM has mikheyev or engvall coming to EDM.

EDM does not want or need either of these players. We have enough bottom 6 wingers they will be looking to add top 6 wingers this year.

I think Mikhyev may fit well with Edmonton. They definitely need top 6 help there is no question about that but someone like Mikhyev also gives them some depth speed and could fit well as a nice defensive role for them.
Jul. 6, 2021 at 1:04 p.m.
Hockeyfan95
Quoting: GenXHockey
Why would they even want to move Engvall? Especially for a ****ty return like that.

Engvall doesn't bring anything to them that they can't get from another player. His contract isn't bad but they could shed a couple hundred thousand off from him.
Jul. 6, 2021 at 1:04 p.m.
Quoting: Hockeyfan95
I sent my reasoning but to sum it up I don't disagree with you. I think they may have to give a better prospect for Foresberg but I believe they have Abramov listed as an A level prospect. It was tough to gage based on the return for Arvidsonn.

Arvy has been on a fairly consistent downtrend the past two seasons (pretty much since that Bortuzzo injury), so you can't really compare him to Forsberg who is the superior player and played at a high level the past two seasons.

If NSH isn't getting a better prospect, then they'll surely be getting at least a 1st for him.
Jul. 6, 2021 at 1:06 p.m.
Formerly Jamiepo
Engvall doesn't bring anything to them that they can't get from another player. His contract isn't bad but they could shed a couple hundred thousand off from him.

They get a guy that can play centre and skates the puck through the neutral zone better than any leaf not named nylander. For that reason I would keep him. He was also used in a defensive role. He can put up points with the right linemates. I don’t think the leafs have any interest in moving him. But I could be wrong.
Jul. 6, 2021 at 1:07 p.m.
Hockeyfan95
Arvy has been on a fairly consistent downtrend the past two seasons (pretty much since that Bortuzzo injury), so you can't really compare him to Forsberg who is the superior player and played at a high level the past two seasons.

If NSH isn't getting a better prospect, then they'll surely be getting at least a 1st for him.

Again, I don't disagree but I can definelty see Abramov in the package. They will probably have to give up a first and another prospect but an A level prospect like Abramov should be in the mix.
villenash liked this.
Jul. 6, 2021 at 1:07 p.m.
Mac1010
I think Mikhyev may fit well with Edmonton. They definitely need top 6 help there is no question about that but someone like Mikhyev also gives them some depth speed and could fit well as a nice defensive role for them.

like i said we have players like that already no need to add another. Shore, archibald, mcleod, kassian. khaira. all bottom 6 who can defend have speed all can be physical out side of mcleod and all a resposible defensively except kassian. 6th spot will go to a veteran player like a goodrow.
so agian Edm has no need.
Jul. 6, 2021 at 1:09 p.m.
Hockeyfan95
They get a guy that can play centre and skates the puck through the neutral zone better than any leaf not named nylander. For that reason I would keep him. He was also used in a defensive role. He can put up points with the right linemates. I don’t think the leafs have any interest in moving him. But I could be wrong.

I don't mind his game either. I think that the big reason they should let him go is a change of lines. He is good but if they go back with all the same players the results will probably be the same. I just think its time they move on.
Jul. 6, 2021 at 1:10 p.m.
Again, I don't disagree but I can definelty see Abramov in the package. They will probably have to give up a first and another prospect but an A level prospect like Abramov should be in the mix.

What would you categorize Robertson, Sandin, Liljegren, and Amirov as? Just curious as to what your rating system is like.
Jul. 6, 2021 at 1:14 p.m.
Hockeyfan95
What would you categorize Robertson, Sandin, Liljegren, and Amirov at? Just curious at your rating system

Robertson, Sandin, Lidgren and Amriov I would say at A. You are probably right on Abramov not being a A grade prospect. I have seen some highlights and some other articles and they have him listed as the leafs 5th or 6th best prospect. So with that I'd say he is about B+ rating then. Would that not be fair to say?
villenash liked this.
Jul. 6, 2021 at 1:17 p.m.
Hockeyfan95
What would you categorize Robertson, Sandin, Liljegren, and Amirov as? Just curious as to what your rating system is like.

I think it also depends how Nashville views him. Centers are very valuable and if he can form into his potential he can be very good. If a creative play maker develops properly he can be very good, especially in the future if he were to be on a line with a sharpshooter like their other prospect Phillip Tomasino.
villenash liked this.
Jul. 6, 2021 at 1:17 p.m.
Robertson, Sandin, Lidgren and Amriov I would say at A. You are probably right on Abramov not being a A grade prospect. I have seen some highlights and some other articles and they have him listed as the leafs 5th or 6th best prospect. So with that I'd say he is about B+ rating then. Would that not be fair to say?

I think that would be more accurate
Jul. 6, 2021 at 1:30 p.m.
Formerly Jamiepo
I don't mind his game either. I think that the big reason they should let him go is a change of lines. He is good but if they go back with all the same players the results will probably be the same. I just think its time they move on.

Bottom 6 had a fine series against Montreal. Sometimes it’s not the players. I think leafs just flat out had issues. One of them being no Tavares. I would like to see one top 6 winger added. Other than that I mean even if Mikheyev and Engvall get pushed down the lineup they will just see better matchups.

Engvall and Mikheyev were both snake bitten last year. I think both will bounce back this season.
Jul. 6, 2021 at 1:31 p.m.
Hockeyfan95
Bottom 6 had a fine series against Montreal. Sometimes it’s not the players. I think leafs just flat out had issues. One of them being no Tavares. I would like to see one top 6 winger added. Other than that I mean even if Mikheyev and Engvall get pushed down the lineup they will just see better matchups.

Engvall and Mikheyev were both snake bitten last year. I think both will bounce back this season.

Ya again I don't disagree I think they can shed the money from their contracts and get players who may be more effective and bring a different dynamic to the team.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll