SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Tampa Bay Lightning

Lightning offseason discussion

Oct. 2, 2021 at 4:51 p.m.
Quoting: CoopsTroops

First batch of Bolts who have to clear waivers. I think only Sam Montembeault has been claimed from anyone so far this season (recall he was a Crunch goalie last season). I doubt Somppi is a waiver risk, but you can guarantee whoever misses out on a roster spot of the main 3 candidates will be claimed if Somppi is.

Lot more NHL ready options going to be available over Somppi over the next few weeks. Figure we're gonna lose one of the three though.
Oct. 2, 2021 at 5:08 p.m.
Rutta 4ever
Quoting: Rangsey
Lot more NHL ready options going to be available over Somppi over the next few weeks. Figure we're gonna lose one of the three though.

If they don't make the team of whoever claims them, we can always claim them back.
Oct. 2, 2021 at 8:28 p.m.
Rutta 4ever
Nashville's PBP announcer's voice might put me to sleep.
Oct. 2, 2021 at 9:59 p.m.
Rutta 4ever

Advantage Katchouk
Oct. 2, 2021 at 10:42 p.m.
Rutta 4ever
There's no inbetween with this team in the preseason. It's either electric like last night or completely flat.
I fear Elliot is McElhinney 2.0. It's preseason, but way too many goals for someone with his amount of experience. Good thing Legace has looked solid thus far.

Katchouk and BB are my 2 picks for the 2 open spots right now. Raddysh just looks flat compared to those 2 IMO, but I think team politics might put Raddysh on the team. He seems to be a favorite inside the organization. However, Katchouk was down on the ice for an extended period of time in the 3rd before eventually skating off slowly to the locker room. Something to keep an eye on.
Oct. 3, 2021 at 7:30 p.m.
Farewell
A couple of notes:
-Lightning have begun contract extensions talks with Coop, per Lebrun. Assuming they lock him up, they'll have taken care of the best coach in the world, JBB, and Point in one offseason. Pretty darn good.
-As of now, here's how the lines are projected to look on opening night:
Forwards:
Line 1: Palat-Point-Kucherov
Line 2: Killorn-Cirelli-Stamkos
Line 3: Joseph-Colton-ABB
Line 4: Maroon-Bellemare-Perry
Defensive Pairings:
Hedman-Rutta
McDonagh-Cernak
Sergachev-Bogosian
-Does one of Katchouk, Raddysh or even Fortier make the roster? All 3 have looked pretty good, but I feel like Raddysh has been a tad behind Fortier and Katchouk, and I don't think Fortier is ready just yet. Would seem like Katchouk has the advantage for now.
-9 days. 9 DAYS UNTIL THE QUEST FOR THE THREE-PEAT BEGINS!! Wow, I'm pumped. I'm not sure if the Cup has ever been more wide open than it is this year. Lightning are going to have to step up their game another notch, especially the younger players like Colton, Joseph and ABB, but they can turn it up to 11. LET"S GO LIGHTNING!!
Oct. 3, 2021 at 8:13 p.m.
Quoting: PointStamkosVasilevskiy219188
A couple of notes:
-Lightning have begun contract extensions talks with Coop, per Lebrun. Assuming they lock him up, they'll have taken care of the best coach in the world, JBB, and Point in one offseason. Pretty darn good.
-As of now, here's how the lines are projected to look on opening night:
Forwards:
Line 1: Palat-Point-Kucherov
Line 2: Killorn-Cirelli-Stamkos
Line 3: Joseph-Colton-ABB
Line 4: Maroon-Bellemare-Perry
Defensive Pairings:
Hedman-Rutta
McDonagh-Cernak
Sergachev-Bogosian
-Does one of Katchouk, Raddysh or even Fortier make the roster? All 3 have looked pretty good, but I feel like Raddysh has been a tad behind Fortier and Katchouk, and I don't think Fortier is ready just yet. Would seem like Katchouk has the advantage for now.
-9 days. 9 DAYS UNTIL THE QUEST FOR THE THREE-PEAT BEGINS!! Wow, I'm pumped. I'm not sure if the Cup has ever been more wide open than it is this year. Lightning are going to have to step up their game another notch, especially the younger players like Colton, Joseph and ABB, but they can turn it up to 11. LET"S GO LIGHTNING!!

Fort Gabe is waiver exempt and would probably benefit for the minutes in Syracuse.
Oct. 3, 2021 at 9:08 p.m.
Rutta 4ever
I feel like Raddysh has been a tad behind Fortier and Katchouk, and I don't think Fortier is ready just yet. Would seem like Katchouk has the advantage for now.

Like Rangsey said, Fortier is better off in Syracuse for now. And outside of his hat trick performance Friday, he's been relatively quiet in the prospect tournament and preseason.

I'm a big fan off Katchouk, but BB's potential is not what we probably just want to toss out and Raddysh is Cooper's boy it seems. These final preseason games will be high stakes for the 3 of them.
Oct. 3, 2021 at 9:50 p.m.
Farewell
Like Rangsey said, Fortier is better off in Syracuse for now. And outside of his hat trick performance Friday, he's been relatively quiet in the prospect tournament and preseason.

I'm a big fan off Katchouk, but BB's potential is not what we probably just want to toss out and Raddysh is Cooper's boy it seems. These final preseason games will be high stakes for the 3 of them.

For sure ABB, the only reason I didn't mention him is because IMO he's definitely making the opening night roster regardless, which leaves one spot for Katchouk/Raddysh/Fortier to fight over.
Oct. 3, 2021 at 9:57 p.m.
For sure ABB, the only reason I didn't mention him is because IMO he's definitely making the opening night roster regardless, which leaves one spot for Katchouk/Raddysh/Fortier to fight over.

Ryfors is in there too.
Oct. 4, 2021 at 1:01 p.m.
Farewell
Gabe Fortier has officially been sent down to Syracuse. Guess that means it's down to Katchouk, Raddysh and Ryfors for that last spot.
Oct. 4, 2021 at 1:05 p.m.
Rutta 4ever

Stamkos had surgery number 50, or something like that, before the playoffs last season.
Oct. 4, 2021 at 3:38 p.m.

Stamkos had surgery number 50, or something like that, before the playoffs last season.

Yeah. They actually closed him up with a zipper instead of stitches to make the next one more efficient.
Oct. 4, 2021 at 4:12 p.m.
Rutta 4ever
Yeah. They actually closed him up with a zipper instead of stitches to make the next one more efficient.

3f2634bf01a17be3e9d11aef70b5facf-700.jpg
Rangsey liked this.
Oct. 4, 2021 at 9:57 p.m.
Rutta 4ever

Johnson was a member of the Lightning for part of the offseason, so I'll keep posting stuff until we're onto the season thread.
Rangsey liked this.
Oct. 4, 2021 at 10:47 p.m.

Johnson was a member of the Lightning for part of the offseason, so I'll keep posting stuff until we're onto the season thread.

Haven't seen you report on Gourde Goodrow or Coleman tho. :-)

Admittedly Gourde is hurt.
Oct. 4, 2021 at 10:53 p.m.
Rutta 4ever
Haven't seen you report on Gourde Goodrow or Coleman tho. :-)

Admittedly Gourde is hurt.

I actually saw Gourde has just started skating without a red jersey on.

And there's an extra soft spot in my heart for Johnson over those 3.
Rangsey liked this.
Oct. 4, 2021 at 11:32 p.m.
Farewell
I actually saw Gourde has just started skating without a red jersey on.

And there's an extra soft spot in my heart for Johnson over those 3.

It's so weird that Johnson won't be on the team this season. He was just so consistent night in night out (he was TERRIFIC in the playoffs), and almost definitely was the best fourth liner in the league. He'll be missed. Hope he has success with the Blackhawks.
On a side note, Lightning won't host the Blackhawks until April 1, but when they do, Johnson will indefinitely get a tribute then. Will be nice to see the fans welcome him back. He was such a good player to have around, on and off the ice.
CoopsTroops liked this.
Oct. 4, 2021 at 11:58 p.m.
Rutta 4ever
It's so weird that Johnson won't be on the team this season. He was just so consistent night in night out (he was TERRIFIC in the playoffs), and almost definitely was the best fourth liner in the league. He'll be missed. Hope he has success with the Blackhawks.
On a side note, Lightning won't host the Blackhawks until April 1, but when they do, Johnson will indefinitely get a tribute then. Will be nice to see the fans welcome him back. He was such a good player to have around, on and off the ice.

if he's with Kane and PP1, I am going to pencil him in for 50 pts this season. I don't go to many games, but I might have to make sure I'm in Amalie for the return of Gourde and Johnson this season.
Oct. 5, 2021 at 9:58 p.m.
Rutta 4ever
They don't make it easy. Raddysh had a nice night, Katchouk was quiet, and BB hit a post and missed a wide open net on a mishandle.

Perry showed his rat worth tonight, but I was not a fan at the signing because of the forthcoming waiving, and possibly losing, of one of the aforementioned 3.

(I can't remember ever using "aforementioned" in a sentence before tears of joy )
Oct. 5, 2021 at 10:02 p.m.
Rutta 4ever
They don't make it easy. Raddysh had a nice night, Katchouk was quiet, and BB hit a post and missed a wide open net on a mishandle.

Perry showed his rat worth tonight, but I was not a fan at the signing because of the forthcoming waiving, and possibly losing, of one of the aforementioned 3.

(I can't remember ever using "aforementioned" in a sentence before tears of joy )

Hold on, Katchouk had a fight tonight (quiet outside of that though) and now Maroon is saying it bought him locker room cred. The waters become even murkier...

Oct. 5, 2021 at 10:51 p.m.
Hold on, Katchouk had a fight tonight (quiet outside of that though) and now Maroon is saying it bought him locker room cred. The waters become even murkier...

My appreciation of Boris has grown non stop this preseason.
Also, this rookie race has got me stoked for the regular season now. Burnout cured. I'm ready. Let's Go!
Oct. 5, 2021 at 10:59 p.m.
Rutta 4ever
Burnout cured. I'm ready. Let's Go!

Tonight was the first televised game and I felt like I was teleported right back to the playoff series last season with the tension between both teams. I'm ready for some regular season hockey.
Oct. 5, 2021 at 11:07 p.m.
Tonight was the first televised game and I felt like I was teleported right back to the playoff series last season with the tension between both teams. I'm ready for some regular season hockey.

The Battle Of Florida might finally start living up to the hype.
CoopsTroops liked this.
Oct. 6, 2021 at 2:45 a.m.
So is there a chance one of the kids out play Bellemare or Perry?

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll