Forums/Armchair-GM

Kuzy to Rangers

Created by: KVS1
Team: 2021-22 Washington Capitals
Initial Creation Date: Jul. 13, 2021
Published: Jul. 13, 2021
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Rangers get a 1C to play with Bread man and a tough LD to stop getting pushed around. Caps get a serviceable C for one year and 2 young prospects. Drury directed to get Rangers to playoffs. Won't happen without better C and getting tougher. Mrazek a solid 1B
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$2,000,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
4$10,000,000
2$1,500,000
Trades
WSH
    Expansion
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the WSH
    Logo of the ARI
    Logo of the WSH
    Logo of the WSH
    Logo of the WSH
    Logo of the WSH
    Logo of the WSH
    Logo of the WSH
    Logo of the WSH
    Logo of the WSH
    Logo of the WSH
    Logo of the WSH
    Logo of the WSH
    Logo of the WSH
    Logo of the WSH
    Logo of the WSH
    Logo of the WSH
    Logo of the WSH
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    22$81,500,000$72,021,261$472,927$982,500$9,478,739
    Left WingCentreRight Wing
    Logo of the Washington Capitals
    $10,000,000$10,000,000
    LW
    UFA - 5
    $9,200,000$9,200,000
    C
    NMC
    UFA - 4
    $5,750,000$5,750,000
    RW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 4
    $2,850,000$2,850,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 3
    Logo of the New York Rangers
    $4,500,000$4,500,000
    RW, C
    UFA - 1
    $5,166,667$5,166,667
    RW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    $1,500,000$1,500,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 2
    $2,415,000$2,415,000
    C
    UFA - 2
    $725,000$725,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 1
    $1,500,000$1,500,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 2
    $750,000$750,000
    C
    UFA - 1
    $2,750,000$2,750,000
    LW
    UFA - 2
    Logo of the New York Rangers
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
    LW, RW
    RFA - 1
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $1,275,000$1,275,000
    LD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $8,000,000$8,000,000
    RD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 5
    $791,667$791,667 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
    LD/RD
    RFA - 2
    $4,000,000$4,000,000
    RD
    UFA - 1
    $2,500,000$2,500,000
    LD
    UFA - 1
    $2,500,000$2,500,000
    RD
    UFA - 2
    $2,000,000$2,000,000
    G
    UFA - 1
    $950,000$950,000
    RD
    UFA - 2
    $1,500,000$1,500,000
    G
    UFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Jul. 13, 2021 at 3:13 a.m.
    uhh… I don’t think the rangers will give their top D prospect + Strome + Kravstov for Kuzy at 7m with attitude problems
    Jul. 13, 2021 at 3:15 a.m.
    down bad
    Quoting: seanross
    uhh… I don’t think the rangers will give their top D prospect + Strome + Kravstov for Kuzy at 7m with attitude problems

lol every Kuzy trade has the same tired narrative in the comments.
    Jul. 13, 2021 at 3:19 a.m.
    What in tarnation
    Strome has scored two years in a row at better rate than Kuznetsov. And you want two solid prospects added on? Not a chance.
    NYR1983 liked this.
    Jul. 13, 2021 at 3:26 a.m.
    Banned
    Quoting: DogDayCaps2
    lol every Kuzy trade has the same tired narrative in the comments.

Kuznetsov brought this reputation upon himself, and a lot of fans don’t want that type of baggage on their team
    Jul. 13, 2021 at 4:26 a.m.
    down bad
    Quoting: hockeyfanatic05
    Kuznetsov brought this reputation upon himself, and a lot of fans don’t want that type of baggage on their team

Like Crosby being a crybaby? He’s absolutely soft? Throw tantrums to get coaches fired? How about Malkin being lazy? Taking seasons off not giving 100%? Lol Kuzy got COVID 2x and was late to 1 meeting in his career in Washington? 7 nhl teams had massive covid outbreaks. Tampa had a party to watch the super bowl in a hotel conference room lol. so they have attitude issues? People love to make a minor issue or comment into these monster size issues. Like Kuzy attitude issue. Sheep believe anything
    brady_t12, vikhodush and BIGRUSS62 liked this.
    Jul. 13, 2021 at 5:09 a.m.
    aecliptic
    Im not gonna go with the same narrative.

What is Kuzy going to bring to the Rangers that Strome isnt already providing. Keep in mind Strome over the last 2 years has averaged 0.88 ppg
    Jul. 13, 2021 at 6:21 a.m.
    Like Crosby being a crybaby? He’s absolutely soft? Throw tantrums to get coaches fired? How about Malkin being lazy? Taking seasons off not giving 100%? Lol Kuzy got COVID 2x and was late to 1 meeting in his career in Washington? 7 nhl teams had massive covid outbreaks. Tampa had a party to watch the super bowl in a hotel conference room lol. so they have attitude issues? People love to make a minor issue or comment into these monster size issues. Like Kuzy attitude issue. Sheep believe anything

I mean he’s suspended from international play due to all of his coke usage. Bringing that to a locker room full of kids in a city with a massive night life presence is just asking for trouble. Hard pass
    Jul. 13, 2021 at 7:11 a.m.
    Silentfox1
    No way Nils is moved.
    NYR1983 liked this.
    Jul. 13, 2021 at 8:24 a.m.
    Dillon isn’t about to fight Wilson, we play caps 1/2 the amount of games as last season so there’s no reason to over react and over pay for a slight bit of sand paper that can just be gotten elsewhere for far less. A tweak in coaching can add that. Not the 2 fights with Wilson that people think we need.. I won’t comment on Kuzys attitude because that’s not an issue, the skill and play has been the issue and adding him will add a cap issue in a year or 2.
    Jul. 13, 2021 at 8:27 a.m.
    Fantasy Hockey Pro
    Quoting: aspina25
    I mean he’s suspended from international play due to all of his coke usage. Bringing that to a locker room full of kids in a city with a massive night life presence is just asking for trouble. Hard pass

You realize everyone in the NHL is an adult right? It’s not like we’re putting Kuznetsov in a locker room full of 16 year olds and he’s bringing baggies of coke to hand out to all the kids. This bad influence narrative is so stupid. Every NHLer can make their own decisions. And this is the same argument I use against caps fans who claim Kuznetsov is a bad influence on samsonov. Dude is 24 years old, he knows how to make his own decisions.
    vikhodush and BIGRUSS62 liked this.
    Jul. 13, 2021 at 8:48 a.m.
    Quoting: brady_t12
    You realize everyone in the NHL is an adult right? It’s not like we’re putting Kuznetsov in a locker room full of 16 year olds and he’s bringing baggies of coke to hand out to all the kids. This bad influence narrative is so stupid. Every NHLer can make their own decisions. And this is the same argument I use against caps fans who claim Kuznetsov is a bad influence on samsonov. Dude is 24 years old, he knows how to make his own decisions.

The Rangers have 6 players under the age of 21 on their active roster, most of whom would look up to a “1st line” player.

Beyond that, Kuzy has dropped off and his contract sucks. Better off with Strome
    Jul. 13, 2021 at 9:11 a.m.
    Banned
    Edited Jul. 13, 2021 at 9:16 a.m.

Is that stuff suppose to get me mad? Lmao. You’re a caps fan, of course you are down playing his attitude and actions. The only reason people still say that stuff about Crosby is because he owns their favorite team... like washington. And you bring up Malkin being lazy and acting like Kuzsniffov doesn’t have the same lazy attitude 😂
    Jul. 13, 2021 at 9:38 a.m.
    down bad

That was in 2019. Is lehner still a drunk?
    Jul. 13, 2021 at 9:43 a.m.
    I mean tired narrative or not, what has the man done on the ice alone the last two seasons that would show anyone, both eye test or analytics, that he is an upgrade over Strome at his cap hit and term, let alone an upgrade of what amounts to 2 first round picks...
    Jul. 13, 2021 at 9:44 a.m.
    down bad
    Is that stuff suppose to get me mad? Lmao. You’re a caps fan, of course you are down playing his attitude and actions. The only reason people still say that stuff about Crosby is because he owns their favorite team... like washington. And you bring up Malkin being lazy and acting like Kuzsniffov doesn’t have the same lazy attitude 😂

Okay so to be clear these idiotic narratives only apply to Washington and not the penguin players? Lol mainly bc “Crosby owns out franchise” not bc he would cry and whine? Totally makes sense. Malkin falls under the lazy Russian umbrella lol I can at least admit my Russians do bc I’m not overly sensitive. Good talk. Lol “ that’s a lot of baggage”
    Jul. 13, 2021 at 9:50 a.m.
    down bad
    Quoting: BSpadaro83
    I mean tired narrative or not, what has the man done on the ice alone the last two seasons that would show anyone, both eye test or analytics, that he is an upgrade over Strome at his cap hit and term, let alone an upgrade of what amounts to 2 first round picks...

Strome is a product of Panarin and if you guys are throwing him in w Strome deal but I’m not taking a guy that can only score 30-35 points before playing w AP. Like thinking Suter is elite bc he plays with Kane. Kuzy was on pace for 70p the year before this one and people said he had a terrible year. I guess common sense tells me that every fan on here (rangers) tried to give the capitals Strome in a Kuzy trade. I think we all know that Strome isn’t better but if you want to limp around with a broken arguement go ahead but I don’t want Strome. Strome is the exact reason why people say points don’t matter lol
    Jul. 13, 2021 at 9:50 a.m.
    Banned
    Okay so to be clear these idiotic narratives only apply to Washington and not the penguin players? Lol mainly bc “Crosby owns out franchise” not bc he would cry and whine? Totally makes sense. Malkin falls under the lazy Russian umbrella lol I can at least admit my Russians do bc I’m not overly sensitive. Good talk. Lol “ that’s a lot of baggage”

What are you talking about? lmao I never denied those narratives tears of joy All I asked was are those narratives suppose to upset me? Because they dont. Fans can say whatever they want about crosby and malkin, because if they dont care, why should I care? Youre the one upset and trying to defend Kuz. I could not care less what fans narratives are about my favorite teams players. And if you read very carefully and comprehend, I basically said Malkin has the same lazy attitude as Kuz
    Jul. 13, 2021 at 9:54 a.m.
    Fantasy Hockey Pro

Yeah this trade is definitely way uneven, but I just wanted to point out how stupid the whole “Kuznetsov is a menace to society” narrative is.
    BSpadaro83 liked this.
    Jul. 13, 2021 at 9:55 a.m.
    Strome is a product of Panarin and if you guys are throwing him in w Strome deal but I’m not taking a guy that can only score 30-35 points before playing w AP. Like thinking Suter is elite bc he plays with Kane. Kuzy was on pace for 70p the year before this one and people said he had a terrible year. I guess common sense tells me that every fan on here (rangers) tried to give the capitals Strome in a Kuzy trade. I think we all know that Strome isn’t better but if you want to limp around with a broken arguement go ahead but I don’t want Strome. Strome is the exact reason why people say points don’t matter lol

The major difference here is Kuzy gets paid 3 mil more and is not worth his contract. Strome only has one year left and is cheaper and younger
    BSpadaro83 liked this.
    Jul. 13, 2021 at 10:10 a.m.

Anyway if you want to complain about tired narratives, the Strome is a product of Bread narrative is equally tired and unsupported, yet assumed to be true. Strome was solid both ways last year, it was clearly his best year, and the metrics supported it. Im all for trade Strome now and get an upgrade, and I am not saying he is better than Kuzy, but the upgrade surely isn't there for the ransom you are asking for. If the Rangers are trading Nils and Kravtsov and Strome, its with the 15th pick for Eichel. Not Kuzy.
    Jul. 13, 2021 at 11:58 a.m.
    down bad
    Anyway if you want to complain about tired narratives, the Strome is a product of Bread narrative is equally tired and unsupported, yet assumed to be true. Strome was solid both ways last year, it was clearly his best year, and the metrics supported it. Im all for trade Strome now and get an upgrade, and I am not saying he is better than Kuzy, but the upgrade surely isn't there for the ransom you are asking for. If the Rangers are trading Nils and Kravtsov and Strome, its with the 15th pick for Eichel. Not Kuzy.

To be clear i didnt propose this deal. idk enough bout Kravtsov to give an honest opinion but Nils is elite till proven otherwise imo. i think kuzy is work a 1sst 20-31 + B+ A-....basically the same thing prospect
    Jul. 13, 2021 at 12:02 p.m.
    down bad
    The major difference here is Kuzy gets paid 3 mil more and is not worth his contract. Strome only has one year left and is cheaper and younger

Hes one year removed from a 70 point pace? and last year he had COVID 2x? not worth his contract is extremely premature. How terrible was MZ to start the year when he was recovering from COVID? Kuzy was quoted as saying he thought he was going to die then finished the year with 16p/20gp playing with Sprong and Wilson. Guy is still amazing but no training camp mixed with COVID isnt going to give you the best numbers.
    Jul. 13, 2021 at 12:10 p.m.
    down bad
    What are you talking about? lmao I never denied those narratives tears of joy All I asked was are those narratives suppose to upset me? Because they dont. Fans can say whatever they want about crosby and malkin, because if they dont care, why should I care? Youre the one upset and trying to defend Kuz. I could not care less what fans narratives are about my favorite teams players. And if you read very carefully and comprehend, I basically said Malkin has the same lazy attitude as Kuz

lol yeah your totally fine. "fan narratives" guy players in the league think Crosby is soft AF. he might be the new spokesman for Charmin. Is it a narrative if its true? is that's why you are cool with it.

" I basically said Malkin" did you say it or not? thats the most indecisive statement ive read. you said "And you bring up Malkin being lazy and acting like Kuzsniffov doesn’t have the same lazy attitude " you lack to address any accountability to Malkin just kind of said im throwing stones at a glass house... which is ironic considering your opening statement.
    Jul. 13, 2021 at 12:22 p.m.
    Banned
    lol yeah your totally fine. "fan narratives" guy players in the league think Crosby is soft AF. he might be the new spokesman for Charmin. Is it a narrative if its true? is that's why you are cool with it.

" I basically said Malkin" did you say it or not? thats the most indecisive statement ive read. you said "And you bring up Malkin being lazy and acting like Kuzsniffov doesn’t have the same lazy attitude " you lack to address any accountability to Malkin just kind of said im throwing stones at a glass house... which is ironic considering your opening statement.

Nope, im cool with it because like I said, if Crosby doesnt care what people think, then why should I? And if you read carefully, you can see I said Malkin has the same lazy attitude like Kuz. Obviously I need to spell it out for you. They, as in Malkin and Kuznetsov, have lazy attitudes and play styles during points in the seasons. Is that easier for you to understand? And im sure NHL players think Crosby is soft, but I can promise you there are some who also think hes tough. So again, the points you are trying to make are stupid and you are trying to reach. 1. Crosby has got beat up for years and received how many concussions in his career? And how many times has he come back from those injuries and didnt lose a single step in his game? Yup very very soft. But yeah, NHL players thinking he is soft is definitely a proven fact, no opinion whatsoever lmao 2. You continue to bring up Malkin and Crosby thinking im going to cry about it. The only person who seems to really take offense to narratives are you.
    Jul. 13, 2021 at 1:04 p.m.
    down bad
    Quoting: brady_t12

Kucherov is doing so much coke right now. i doubt Tampa fans / playersare like " lets trade this toxic player with a drug issue" lol . Bud light sponsored him actually after he clearly was high AF

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll