Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
$5,000,000$5,000,000
C
UFA - 1
$6,250,000$6,250,000
RW
UFA - 3
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$3,250,000$3,250,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 5
$900,000$900,000
RW
UFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$817,500$817,500 (Performance Bonus$57,500$58K)
LW, C
RFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,250,000$6,250,000
LD
UFA - 7
Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
$5,400,000$5,400,000
RD
UFA - 1
$6,166,667$6,166,667
G
UFA - 3
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LD
UFA - 4
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RD
UFA - 4
$750,000$750,000
G
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333
LD
RFA - 3
$2,000,000$2,000,000
RD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$750,000$750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$5,291,667$5,291,667
C, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$725,000$725,000
LW
UFA - 1
$1,250,000$1,250,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 13, 2021 at 4:21 p.m.
Any time a team can get a bunch of scraps for their high end player they just gotta do it
Jul. 13, 2021 at 4:23 p.m.
It's a fair trade, but at this point honestly I would argue Stanley > Risto. Why not focus on fixing the d core with such a trade?
Windjammer liked this.
Jul. 13, 2021 at 4:36 p.m.
What is copp signing for in Buffalo? Think it needs to be 2022 1st
Jul. 13, 2021 at 4:45 p.m.
Talking Senators
Fair trade. Don't know if I'm moving Stanley if I'm Winnipeg though.
sporkknife liked this.
Jul. 13, 2021 at 4:46 p.m.
As a Sabres fan, I would take this trade. Love Copp and his game. 2021 1st is a plus as well.
sporkknife and gretzkyghosts liked this.
Jul. 13, 2021 at 4:48 p.m.
Too much from Winnipeg for unneeded players.
sporkknife liked this.
Jul. 13, 2021 at 4:53 p.m.
Quoting: Meeqs
Any time a team can get a bunch of scraps for their high end player they just gotta do it

Wouldn’t consider Copp or Stanley or a 1st to be scraps.
Jul. 13, 2021 at 4:55 p.m.
Quoting: NHLfan10506

Its all about relativity.
Jul. 13, 2021 at 5:06 p.m.
KDow88
Quoting: sporkknife
It's a fair trade, but at this point honestly I would argue Stanley > Risto. Why not focus on fixing the d core with such a trade?

I'd severely disagree with this Statement.. Stanley is Tyler Myers 2.0, Risto has been playing on a garbage team, with garbage goaltending for far too long. The Jets can pair him with Morrissey and I can see them working well together much like Trouba did, but with Risto you have more offensive upside...
sporkknife and gretzkyghosts liked this.
Jul. 13, 2021 at 5:09 p.m.
Quoting: KDow88
I'd severely disagree with this Statement.. Stanley is Tyler Myers 2.0, Risto has been playing on a garbage team, with garbage goaltending for far too long. The Jets can pair him with Morrissey and I can see them working well together much like Trouba did, but with Risto you have more offensive upside...

Fair enough! It's still a massive risk
Jul. 13, 2021 at 5:12 p.m.
Jetsfan
Quoting: Talking_Senators
Fair trade. Don't know if I'm moving Stanley if I'm Winnipeg though.

Stanley is a good young Dman....the main reason for trading him for Risto is the left shot of Stanley compared to the right shot of Risto. We have too many young left shot and not great RD prospects. Risto(as long as he re-signs) will be in WPG for a long time as he is only 27
sporkknife liked this.
Jul. 13, 2021 at 5:18 p.m.
Talking Senators
Quoting: Jetman
Stanley is a good young Dman....the main reason for trading him for Risto is the left shot of Stanley compared to the right shot of Risto. We have too many young left shot and not great RD prospects. Risto(as long as he re-signs) will be in WPG for a long time as he is only 27

Sure, if he re-signs it would be fine. I just like Stanley and what he brings to the table. He's a piss off to play against. Those kinds of guys are tough to find, imo.
sporkknife liked this.
Jul. 13, 2021 at 5:18 p.m.
Quoting: Jetman

Fair enough! Big risk of a trade. That 2nd line (if Dubois can get his s*** together) is incredible
Jul. 13, 2021 at 5:57 p.m.
Quoting: SadSabres90
As a Sabres fan, I would take this trade. Love Copp and his game. 2021 1st is a plus as well.
So Ristolainen is garbage.
Is that why Chiarelli offer Hall for him?
Is that why Ehlers has often been mentioned as a fair one for one trade for him?
Is that why Brisbois wanted him for a playoff run two years ago, and then acquired other physical players to win the cup the past two years.
Keep telling your self he is garbage when NHL GM's who have won a cup have tried to pick him up.

Now on to the trade.
Pretty close deal IMO.
I seem to remember just last year most Jet fans thought Stanley was a bust, but they probably know as much hockey as the fan who hate Ristolainen.

I do not think Copp nor Stanley are equal of Reinhart and Ristolainen and there may be better offers, this one is not bad.
Drop the Buffalo pick and make all of the Jets pick for 2021 as I think the Sabres would not want to wait two years receive the benefits of any trade.
I just wonder what it will take to sign Copp.
Wpgman and Bostonbruins liked this.
Jul. 13, 2021 at 6:01 p.m.
Quoting: gretzkyghosts
Is that why Ehlers has often been mentioned as a fair one for one trade for him?
Is that why Brisbois wanted him for a playoff run two years ago, and then acquired other physical players to win the cup the past two years.
Keep telling your self he is garbage when NHL GM's who have won a cup have tried to pick him up.

Now on to the trade.
Pretty close deal IMO.
I seem to remember just last year most Jet fans thought Stanley was a bust, but they probably know as much hockey as the fan who hate Ristolainen.

I do not think Copp nor Stanley are equal of Reinhart and Ristolainen and there may be better offers, this one is not bad.
Drop the Buffalo pick and make all of the Jets pick for 2021 as I think the Sabres would not want to wait two years receive the benefits of any trade.
I just wonder what it will take to sign Copp.

You're coming in here mentioning a bunch of stuff that didn't happen. Why did none of those moves happen? I never said he was garbage. Stanley is a lot younger and still has room to develop. I can be convinced Risto is better than him now, but in terms of a young, cost controlled, talented asset, I'll take Stanley.

Thanks for then repeating what others have said.

You know what, get out of here with the Ehlers comparison. That's hot garbage.
UpsideDownQue liked this.
Jul. 13, 2021 at 6:06 p.m.

Who said Ehlers for Risto was fair one-for-one?
Better, why didn't Sabres accept that?

Did Chiarelli offer Hall for him or did he find better offer in Larsson?
sporkknife liked this.
Jul. 13, 2021 at 6:23 p.m.
Wpgman
I would love to see this team. Defense is a big improvement for next year and if Risto resigns then the defense is set for a few years. Suter and Pionk would be great partners. Heinola replaces Suter and Samberg slides in in 2 years. Reinhart on the second line especially for that price and term. If you could find cheaper options for the 4th forward line then we could have some cap space just in case. But otherwise great job.
Jul. 13, 2021 at 7:57 p.m.
You're coming in here mentioning a bunch of stuff that didn't happen...
Who said Ehlers for Risto was fair one-for-one?
Better, why didn't Sabres accept that?
Did Chiarelli offer Hall for him or did he find better offer in Larsson?
Murray turned down Chiarelli, Ehlers was an often repeated good trade, Brisbois wanted Ristolainen and Botterill thought they were close to a deal and picked up Montour before the Tampa trade could be completed.
You can chose to ignore history but those are the facts.
Bostonbruins liked this.
Jul. 13, 2021 at 8:19 p.m.
Murray turned down Chiarelli, Ehlers was an often repeated good trade, Brisbois wanted Ristolainen and Botterill thought they were close to a deal and picked up Montour before the Tampa trade could be completed.
You can chose to ignore history but those are the facts.

What I will say is that players values tend to change drastically over the course of time. Off the top of my head Carter Verhaege went from a 4th liner to a 2nd line scorer and is worth way more now than he was last year.

I'm not going to sit here and say that Risto wasn't a highly touted prospect. A former 8th overall selection. Of course Ehlers for Risto was a good trade once upon a time, maybe even Risto had more value as a higher draft pick. But in the here and now Ehlers is one of the top ten wingers in the league and Risto is not one of the top ten defenders in the league (and that's generous). Ehlers would command a package more similar to that of Sam Reinhart.

Anyway, at the end of the day anything you think you are sure of in regards to players and trades will be proven wrong with time. Who cares how knowledgeable fans are if they enjoy their favorite team. The smartest fan and the dumbest fan have the same impact on the hockey ops: zero
Jul. 13, 2021 at 8:50 p.m.
What I will say is that players values tend to change drastically over the course of time. Off the top of my head Carter Verhaege went from a 4th liner to a 2nd line scorer and is worth way more now than he was last year.

I'm not going to sit here and say that Risto wasn't a highly touted prospect. A former 8th overall selection. Of course Ehlers for Risto was a good trade once upon a time, maybe even Risto had more value as a higher draft pick. But in the here and now Ehlers is one of the top ten wingers in the league and Risto is not one of the top ten defenders in the league (and that's generous). Ehlers would command a package more similar to that of Sam Reinhart.

Anyway, at the end of the day anything you think you are sure of in regards to players and trades will be proven wrong with time. Who cares how knowledgeable fans are if they enjoy their favorite team. The smartest fan and the dumbest fan have the same impact on the hockey ops: zero
You are 100% correct Ehlers is a great player, I will agree completely.
Since I am a Sabre fan, I watch Ristolainen every game.
I will say this without reservation that he is better now than he was 2016 when Chiarelli offered Hall for him.
He is better than he was in 2017 when the Ehlers for Ristolainen suggestions were being presented.
He is certainly better than he was in 2019, when Brisbois was interested at the TDL.

Murray turned down the Hall trade because Murray had just eliminated ALL of the NHL caliper NHL defensemen from the Sabres and Ristolainen was the only NHL quality d-man and he had just given away the farm to get Kane the previous year.
How dumb would he have looked after trading Myers, first, Armia, Stafford and Lemieux for Kane then get Hall for just Ristolainen.

Let's agree that Ehlers is worth a ton.
Reinhart is worth a ton.

If all Jet's fan think Stanley is worth more than Ristolainen, take them out of the trade and make it:
Reinhart, Sam [RFA Rights]
For
Copp, Andrew [RFA Rights]
2021 1st round pick (WPG)
2022 2nd round pick (WPG)
2022 3rd round pick (WPG)
That should then be fair since you think Stanley is more valuable than Ristolainen, then more value is being taken away from the assets being sent to Buffalo than being sent to Winnipeg.
Then we can call it a day and agree, I hope.

I suppose that is what I should have said from the get go, take them both out of the trade and move on.
sporkknife and Bostonbruins liked this.
Jul. 13, 2021 at 8:57 p.m.
You are 100% correct Ehlers is a great player, I will agree completely.
Since I am a Sabre fan, I watch Ristolainen every game.
I will say this without reservation that he is better now than he was 2016 when Chiarelli offered Hall for him.
He is better than he was in 2017 when the Ehlers for Ristolainen suggestions were being presented.
He is certainly better than he was in 2019, when Brisbois was interested at the TDL.

Murray turned down the Hall trade because Murray had just eliminated ALL of the NHL caliper NHL defensemen from the Sabres and Ristolainen was the only NHL quality d-man and he had just given away the farm to get Kane the previous year.
How dumb would he have looked after trading Myers, first, Armia, Stafford and Lemieux for Kane then get Hall for just Ristolainen.

Let's agree that Ehlers is worth a ton.
Reinhart is worth a ton.

If all Jet's fan think Stanley is worth more than Ristolainen, take them out of the trade and make it:
Reinhart, Sam [RFA Rights]
For
Copp, Andrew [RFA Rights]
2021 1st round pick (WPG)
2022 2nd round pick (WPG)
2022 3rd round pick (WPG)
That should then be fair since you think Stanley is more valuable than Ristolainen, then more value is being taken away from the assets being sent to Buffalo than being sent to Winnipeg.
Then we can call it a day and agree, I hope.

I suppose that is what I should have said from the get go, take them both out of the trade and move on.

Thanks for your input. Sure, that trade is closer to what I think will happen. I don't want to go there now but I think the trade as it is undervalues Copp - but close enough.

I hope Buffalo can turn things around smile
Jul. 13, 2021 at 9:14 p.m.
Thanks for your input. Sure, that trade is closer to what I think will happen. I don't want to go there now but I think the trade as it is undervalues Copp - but close enough.
I hope Buffalo can turn things around smile
I see four more years of suffering.
Copp will not make anyone forget about Reinhart, but has played center more consistently.
I agree he is more valuable than many believe.
It would be nice build around Copp, Cozens and Mittelstadt as the top three centers.
None of then are great, but there is depth.
sporkknife and Bostonbruins liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll