Forums/Armchair-GM

VV gone plan

Created by: markykins1
Team: 2021-22 Washington Capitals
Initial Creation Date: Jul. 16, 2021
Published: Jul. 16, 2021
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Since, according to most on here, VV is gone, then the Caps got more work to do to field a complete, competitive team. I won't include Kuzy trade since, in reality, he stays at least one more year probably and I don't think Bmac really has the stones to do it.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$1,500,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
4$10,500,000
1$950,000
Trades
WSH
    expansion pick
    WSH
      to anyone and certainly not the Rangers...top 4 RHD for 1 year might have positive value back in a trade but I sent low pick here to keep the wolves at bay. ;)
      NYR
      1. Schultz, Justin
      2. 2021 4th round pick (WSH)
      WSH
        bottom pair LHD for 1 year to team that needs or will take cap dump.
        ARI
        1. Kempný, Michal
        2. 2021 3rd round pick (ARI)
        DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
        Logo of the WSH
        Logo of the WSH
        Logo of the WSH
        Logo of the WSH
        Logo of the WSH
        Logo of the WSH
        Logo of the WSH
        Logo of the WSH
        Logo of the WSH
        Logo of the WSH
        Logo of the WSH
        Logo of the WSH
        Logo of the WSH
        Logo of the WSH
        Logo of the WSH
        Logo of the WSH
        ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
        22$81,500,000$68,821,261$472,927$132,500$12,678,739
        Left WingCentreRight Wing
        Logo of the Washington Capitals
        $10,500,000$10,500,000
        LW
        UFA - 5
        $3,900,000$3,900,000
        C
        M-NTC
        UFA - 4
        $5,166,667$5,166,667
        RW
        M-NTC
        UFA - 3
        $2,850,000$2,850,000
        LW, RW
        UFA - 3
        $9,200,000$9,200,000
        C
        NMC
        UFA - 4
        $5,750,000$5,750,000
        RW
        M-NTC
        UFA - 4
        $1,500,000$1,500,000
        LW, RW
        UFA - 2
        $2,415,000$2,415,000
        C
        UFA - 2
        $725,000$725,000
        RW, LW
        UFA - 1
        $2,750,000$2,750,000
        LW
        UFA - 2
        $750,000$750,000
        C
        UFA - 1
        $1,500,000$1,500,000
        RW, LW
        UFA - 2
        $725,000$725,000
        C, RW
        UFA - 1
        Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
        $1,275,000$1,275,000
        LD
        M-NTC
        UFA - 2
        $8,000,000$8,000,000
        RD
        M-NTC
        UFA - 5
        $1,500,000$1,500,000
        G
        UFA - 1
        $3,900,000$3,900,000
        LD
        UFA - 3
        $950,000$950,000
        RD
        UFA - 2
        $750,000$750,000
        G
        UFA - 2
        $791,667$791,667 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
        LD/RD
        RFA - 2
        $2,500,000$2,500,000
        RD
        UFA - 2
        $950,000$950,000
        LD
        UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
        • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
        Jul. 16, 2021 at 1:17 p.m.
        Next Gen
        Not a bad idea for the NYR unfortunately they will be looking for a 4th LD over RD. They got linqvist coming up this year for the 3rd pairing. You've got the right idea but wrong position side.
        markykins1 liked this.
        Jul. 16, 2021 at 1:23 p.m.
        Not sure how competitive theyll be in a stacked metro. Goaltending is very shaky, and if samsonov has a bad start (like last season) theyre really screwed. Top 6 is very good, bottom 6 is ok. But the d depth is very concerning. Dillon-TVR is certainly not an ideal 2nd pair. They are a bit ****ed capwise but i dont see this team making the playoffs, with CAR, NYI, NYR, PIT, and PHI all probably ahead of them. Not to mention a very strong atlantic TBL, BOS, TOR, FLA, MTL all looking for a playoff spot as well. Theres gonna be 3 should be playoff teams that dont make it next year. This is gonna be 1 of them.
        Jul. 16, 2021 at 1:36 p.m.
        twentyeighteen
        Quoting: Islesforthecup
        Not sure how competitive theyll be in a stacked metro. Goaltending is very shaky, and if samsonov has a bad start (like last season) theyre really screwed. Top 6 is very good, bottom 6 is ok. But the d depth is very concerning. Dillon-TVR is certainly not an ideal 2nd pair. They are a bit ****ed capwise but i dont see this team making the playoffs, with CAR, NYI, NYR, PIT, and PHI all probably ahead of them. Not to mention a very strong atlantic TBL, BOS, TOR, FLA, MTL all looking for a playoff spot as well. Theres gonna be 3 should be playoff teams that dont make it next year. This is gonna be 1 of them.

That's fair and possible.
        I think if the management is convinced the team still has a playoff caliber roster (and I think Bmac does) then conservative moves like this only tread water really. I think they will make it again but if yet another 1st round exit next year then PLEASE Bmac do something different! wink
        Jul. 16, 2021 at 2:04 p.m.
        Always have 2018

Surprisingly if you look at the analytic the Dillon-TVR pair for whatever reason was by far the caps best. It is a small sample size but they were awesome together. I agree about the goaltending and bottom 6.

I think swapping Sprong and Osh makes a big difference for evening out the lineup.

I think this team will make the playoffs but lose in the 1st round unless Sammy has a crazy good year
        markykins1 and Kylonetic8 liked this.
        Jul. 16, 2021 at 2:05 p.m.
        Quoting: perrystreett
        Surprisingly if you look at the analytic the Dillon-TVR pair for whatever reason was by far the caps best. It is a small sample size but they were awesome together. I agree about the goaltending and bottom 6.

I think swapping Sprong and Osh makes a big difference for evening out the lineup.

I think this team will make the playoffs but lose in the 1st round unless Sammy has a crazy good year

The metro and east is just too good. I think this team above doesnt make it.
        perrystreett liked this.
        Jul. 17, 2021 at 12:58 a.m.
        Typical Caps Fan
        The metro and east is just too good. I think this team above doesnt make it.

Did the Islanders get better in the last 2 weeks and I missed it or something? Caps beat the Islanders 3 straight games down the stretch and went 6-2 vs them this past season. Caps are better than the Islanders, at least in the regular season. So unless the Islanders make a significant move, it'll stay that way, and Panik ain't it.
        Jul. 17, 2021 at 1:28 a.m.
        Quoting: Kylonetic8
        Did the Islanders get better in the last 2 weeks and I missed it or something? Caps beat the Islanders 3 straight games down the stretch and went 6-2 vs them this past season. Caps are better than the Islanders, at least in the regular season. So unless the Islanders make a significant move, it'll stay that way, and Panik ain't it.

No problem. Just take out ovi and we'll see who wins. The islanders made the ECF wo their top goal scorer the caps havent won a playoff series in 3 years. The islanders have won 6 since then and have made back to back ECFs. Yes ill say the islanders are the better team. Not to mention the islanders beat washington in 5 games last year.
        Jul. 17, 2021 at 4:40 p.m.
        Typical Caps Fan
        No problem. Just take out ovi and we'll see who wins. The islanders made the ECF wo their top goal scorer the caps havent won a playoff series in 3 years. The islanders have won 6 since then and have made back to back ECFs. Yes ill say the islanders are the better team. Not to mention the islanders beat washington in 5 games last year.

None of that matters until you get into the playoff man. And you were talking about the regular season and how a good team or three will miss the playoffs. Well that's the Islanders if things stay put this season as evidenced by the regular season 2020-2021, where the Caps were clearly better, significantly better. There's a 6-2 record as evidence for it. This isn't me trying to be a rival, this is just the facts. You have no reason to think the Islanders will be better in the regular season for 2021-2022 than the Caps if the rosters remain relatively stable.
        Jul. 17, 2021 at 4:51 p.m.
        Quoting: Kylonetic8
        None of that matters until you get into the playoff man. And you were talking about the regular season and how a good team or three will miss the playoffs. Well that's the Islanders if things stay put this season as evidenced by the regular season 2020-2021, where the Caps were clearly better, significantly better. There's a 6-2 record as evidence for it. This isn't me trying to be a rival, this is just the facts. You have no reason to think the Islanders will be better in the regular season for 2021-2022 than the Caps if the rosters remain relatively stable.

Ummmm anders lee? Id like to think we'd be a bit better with our top goal scorer not injured.
        Jul. 18, 2021 at 5:15 a.m.
        Typical Caps Fan
        Edited Jul. 18, 2021 at 5:31 a.m.
        Ummmm anders lee? Id like to think we'd be a bit better with our top goal scorer not injured.

As if the Caps didn't have endless injuries and COVID issues all year? Ovi was also missing the last 2 games vs the Islanders too, Caps still won. Caps are a better team in the regular season and have been for years. 6 straight 1st place finishes....this isn't even really debatable. Not sure why we're debating it still. (I do know why, someone is denying the obvious.)

Btw, not sure if you knew this, but Ovi missed 11 games this past season. Including an 8 game stretch at the end of the season. Caps went 5-2-1. In Ovi's place during that stretch? Perennial Richard Rocket contender Michael Raffl.

To create a post please Login or Register
        Question:
        Options:
        Add Option
        Submit Poll