Lamarcus Bowen's mock

Lamarcus Bowen's mock

Draft Class: 2021
Created By: Lamarcus_Bowen
Published: Jul. 18, 2021 at 4:03 p.m.
Description
first round
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-the safest choice on a project. he should be the first pick regardless of the team's needs
2Logo of the Seattle Kraken-not my favorite. but Seattle will surely prefer the most league-ready player who has the chance to be the face of the franchise
3Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-Zegras' partner in the top three for years to come
4Logo of the New Jersey Devils-Hughes franchise
5Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-A win-win. Especially if Jones is going to flee
6Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-Swedish player in Detroit is always promising
7Logo of the San Jose Sharks-an urgent need for a solid goalkeeper
8Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-more than Vilardi right now
9Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-Edler leaves, Simon comes
10Logo of the Ottawa Senators-more firepower for Senators
11Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-
Draft Pick Forfeited
12Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-Chicago will try to revive Panarin's time
13Logo of the Calgary Flames-a reliable choice at this stage of the draft, well suited to the needs of the team
14Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-possible steal of project
15Logo of the Dallas Stars-one of the best two-way centers in the draft
16Logo of the New York Rangers-hardworking winger with good mentality
17Logo of the St. Louis Blues-Dunn is clearly going to conquer Seattle. Nice man in his place in rotation
18Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-A good defender is never superfluous in Winnipeg
19Logo of the Nashville Predators-Raty has fallen this year, but his potential is still great.
20Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-another attempt to find the starting goalkeeper. now by draft
21Logo of the Boston Bruins-sea of uncontrolled energy for Boston
22Logo of the Minnesota Wild-Minnesota was able to wait for Kaprizov . Svechkov will wait too
23Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the Washington CapitalsDetroit Swedish draft continues
24Logo of the Florida Panthers-trying to find a sniper
25Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsLogo of the Toronto Maple Leafshigh hopes for the little man
26Logo of the Minnesota WildLogo of the Pittsburgh Penguinspotential scorer for Minnesota
27Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-Finnish sniper is not bad for the end of the first round
28Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-If Landeskog leaves, the Swedish striker will still remain in Avalanches
29Logo of the New Jersey DevilsLogo of the New York Islandersvery flashy player. give him some time
30Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-player in the system to replace Glass
31Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-fast-handed creative striker
32Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsLogo of the Tampa Bay LightningDefender , center and winger for Columbus in the first round
Jul. 18, 2021 at 5:52 p.m.
Not an urgent need.
Jul. 18, 2021 at 11:11 p.m.
Quoting: papishark
Not an urgent need.

I don’t think you guys should be worrying about urgent needs. If we’re being honest with ourselves, San Jose is no where close to contending. They should be hitting the restart button but the owner says that he won’t restart because it would affect ticket sales.
papishark liked this.
Jul. 19, 2021 at 12:24 a.m.
Quoting: Hockeyman1208
I don’t think you guys should be worrying about urgent needs. If we’re being honest with ourselves, San Jose is no where close to contending. They should be hitting the restart button but the owner says that he won’t restart because it would affect ticket sales.

I think we get one more bad year before Doug Wilsons gone and the rebuild starts, but no they should not target a goalie. This mock is worst case scenario though, maybe the best move is to draft Johnson
Jul. 19, 2021 at 1:08 a.m.
Lamarcus Bowen
I think we get one more bad year before Doug Wilsons gone and the rebuild starts, but no they should not target a goalie. This mock is worst case scenario though, maybe the best move is to draft Johnson

with all due respect, what's wrong with a strong goalkeeper for the future ?
Jul. 19, 2021 at 2:25 a.m.

If the Sharks had decided that it was time to sell off everyone for picks and prospects to start the rebuild, picking Jesper Wallstedt would be the best pick by far. Finding a franchise goalie is huge. Rarely do we see teams win the Stanley cup with goalies that are traded to them or picked up in free agency. I mean, go look at the starting goalies of the past 10 teams to win the Stanley cup. Fleury, Quick, Vasilevsky, Binnington. The list goes on but my point is, being able to develop a potential superstar goalie in your system that can be your franchise goalie for 15 years will payoff far more than taking a forward or d man. I know it’s not the exciting pick but in the long run its usually worth it.

Considering the Sharks aren’t planning to rebuild, I highly doubt they take the goalie. If I were the sharks gm I would currently be selling off Hertl, Meier, Kane, and the rest of your top players for 1st round picks and prospects. The further they push back the rebuild, the longer its going to take before they can contend.
Lamarcus_Bowen liked this.
Jul. 19, 2021 at 10:44 a.m.
Bad Take Bot v1.02
The sharks almost never pick goalies, only one has ever been chosen under DW Jr, and that's Emond in 2018, who is probably not even going to the ECHL. The next time was twice in 2015 with another two total busts.
papishark liked this.
Jul. 19, 2021 at 12:28 p.m.
There’s no way McTavish falls that far I’d love if he did but Nill will probably go dumb and take a risk on a college bound guy or a Russian or Lysell who is probably going to drop due to attitude issues (demanding trades in Sweden before he’s even 18 like he’s owed something).
Lamarcus_Bowen liked this.
Jul. 19, 2021 at 1:17 p.m.
Lamarcus Bowen
Quoting: g0rd0l0c0
There’s no way McTavish falls that far I’d love if he did but Nill will probably go dumb and take a risk on a college bound guy or a Russian or Lysell who is probably going to drop due to attitude issues (demanding trades in Sweden before he’s even 18 like he’s owed something).

Perhaps so. In the case of Dallas and Winnipeg, this is more my wishful thinking than actual forecasting) although Сeulemans at 18th number is still more real than MakTavish falling to 15th
Jul. 19, 2021 at 1:52 p.m.
Quoting: Lamarcus_Bowen
Perhaps so. In the case of Dallas and Winnipeg, this is more my wishful thinking than actual forecasting) although Сeulemans at 18th number is still more real than MakTavish falling to 15th

My bad I didn’t mean 18th pick. I meant Lysell probably falls out of the top 10 because of his attitude (demanding trades in Sweden when he not even 18 years old, just more of a comment on his maturity or whatever compels someone who is beginning their career to have the attitude of veteran who’s earned a bit of a say in where they want to play). Misunderstanding there sorry bud.

Ceulemans is a great pick at 18 too I could see him going earlier and wouldn’t mind if Dallas picked him if McTavish, Sillinger and Chibrikov are already picked. I’d rather him than Lysell (as Dallas doesn’t usually have success handling attitude problems) or Coronato (who s lot of people were high on but he’s committed to Harvard so he’ll probably go all 4 years then he can wait 30 days and become available to anyone almost like a UFA like Vesey and Hayes did) or Lucius who may be inaccurately rated due to injuries but probably not the worst option either.
Jul. 19, 2021 at 2:09 p.m.
Lamarcus Bowen
Quoting: g0rd0l0c0
My bad I didn’t mean 18th pick. I meant Lysell probably falls out of the top 10 because of his attitude (demanding trades in Sweden when he not even 18 years old, just more of a comment on his maturity or whatever compels someone who is beginning their career to have the attitude of veteran who’s earned a bit of a say in where they want to play). Misunderstanding there sorry bud.

Ceulemans is a great pick at 18 too I could see him going earlier and wouldn’t mind if Dallas picked him if McTavish, Sillinger and Chibrikov are already picked. I’d rather him than Lysell (as Dallas doesn’t usually have success handling attitude problems) or Coronato (who s lot of people were high on but he’s committed to Harvard so he’ll probably go all 4 years then he can wait 30 days and become available to anyone almost like a UFA like Vesey and Hayes did) or Lucius who may be inaccurately rated due to injuries but probably not the worst option either.

I still like Brennan. Yes, may be his potential is below these guys. But his attitude to the game and teammates, hard work and flair are impressive.
Jul. 19, 2021 at 2:53 p.m.
Quoting: Hockeyman1208
If the Sharks had decided that it was time to sell off everyone for picks and prospects to start the rebuild, picking Jesper Wallstedt would be the best pick by far. Finding a franchise goalie is huge. Rarely do we see teams win the Stanley cup with goalies that are traded to them or picked up in free agency. I mean, go look at the starting goalies of the past 10 teams to win the Stanley cup. Fleury, Quick, Vasilevsky, Binnington. The list goes on but my point is, being able to develop a potential superstar goalie in your system that can be your franchise goalie for 15 years will payoff far more than taking a forward or d man. I know it’s not the exciting pick but in the long run its usually worth it.

Considering the Sharks aren’t planning to rebuild, I highly doubt they take the goalie. If I were the sharks gm I would currently be selling off Hertl, Meier, Kane, and the rest of your top players for 1st round picks and prospects. The further they push back the rebuild, the longer its going to take before they can contend.

The odds of a goalie working in the first round are lower than the odds of a player. Simply put I don’t trust it. The sharks NEED a blue chip prospect, they can’t afford to miss on this one. Not the time for a dumb risk
Jul. 19, 2021 at 3:27 p.m.
What do you mean by "more than Vilardi right now"?
Jul. 19, 2021 at 3:43 p.m.
Lamarcus Bowen
Quoting: PuckLuck_77
What do you mean by "more than Vilardi right now"?

I think that right now, raw Kent in this LA roster would play at the position of Vilardi just as well. Johnson has great development potential. In just a couple of years, the difference in favor of Kent will be obvious. Why not take a strong player to a position that is weak enough?

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll