SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Columbus Blue Jackets

CBJ fans lmk

Jul. 19, 2021 at 4:42 p.m.
I think laine could be a target. Officially we were interested in him last year.
CBJ fans what would it cost to acquire laine?
Jul. 19, 2021 at 4:52 p.m.
I want Gourde back
Wahlstrom and Dobson. Might be able to get Gavrikov somehow in the deal also
Jul. 19, 2021 at 4:53 p.m.
Nah.
If they’re trading him now, the goal would be to, at minimum, get what they would have gotten for Dubois.

So think, 1st + Top Prospect, maybe a good roster player in there as well.
Jul. 19, 2021 at 4:58 p.m.
Quoting: dopplsan
If they’re trading him now, the goal would be to, at minimum, get what they would have gotten for Dubois.

After the year he had theyre not going to get what they paid. His value went down this year.
Hawkisles liked this.
Jul. 19, 2021 at 5:01 p.m.
I was surprised Eberle was left exposed to expansion.
The Jackets have a hard time finding suitable trade partners, and I'm not sure Isles are one of them.
Jackets need a good, experienced player who has some term left on their contract, but not too expensive.
Eberle is the type of player they would probably seek in a trade for Laine, and maybe a 2nd or 3rd round pick, and maybe a mid-level prospect or pick swap (higher for lower)?
(Laine is higher scoring winger and also is much younger).
Jul. 19, 2021 at 5:05 p.m.
Quoting: Islesforthecup
After the year he had theyre not going to get what they paid. His value went down this year.

So we don’t sell him for pennies on the dollar. And tell Lou to have a nice day.
dopplsan liked this.
Jul. 19, 2021 at 5:10 p.m.
Quoting: dopplsan

I would settle for Iskhakov, Walstrom, and a 2nd.
Jul. 19, 2021 at 5:17 p.m.
I get where CBJ is coming from here, they don’t want to lose much from acquiring Laine in the first place. I get that. But both Wahlstrom and Dobson look like great long term assets and while Laine would be intriguing to acquire, he has question marks. Not sure any team will give up good futures for such a risky player.

If your response to this is “we’re not going to give up Laine for any less than 2 A Prospects and a high pick, so we’ll just keep him until we get the offer we want”, well fine, but if he has a bad season, his market value will drop even more. It might be a good idea for you guys to cut your losses and get while you can while he still has value.
Islesforthecup liked this.
Jul. 19, 2021 at 5:19 p.m.
Quoting: BlueJacketsandBuckeyes
I would settle for Iskhakov, Walstrom, and a 2nd.

Yeah i wouldnt move wahlstrom 1 for 1. The islanders need him as hes on an elc. Would you do the 22 1st, bolduc, ishakov, and bellows.
Isles777 liked this.
Jul. 19, 2021 at 5:20 p.m.
Quoting: Bluejackets2000
I was surprised Eberle was left exposed to expansion.
The Jackets have a hard time finding suitable trade partners, and I'm not sure Isles are one of them.
Jackets need a good, experienced player who has some term left on their contract, but not too expensive.
Eberle is the type of player they would probably seek in a trade for Laine, and maybe a 2nd or 3rd round pick, and maybe a mid-level prospect or pick swap (higher for lower)?
(Laine is higher scoring winger and also is much younger).

So youre saying eberle a 2nd and bellows would make sense?
Jul. 19, 2021 at 5:49 p.m.
Laine wouldn’t be a good fit for NYI. It wouldn’t be worth it for them to acquire him and we all know Jarmo won’t trade him for pennies on the dollar. Plus it’s an in division trade, which makes it even less likely to happen.
Hawkisles and Islesforthecup liked this.
Jul. 19, 2021 at 5:53 p.m.
So youre saying eberle a 2nd and bellows would make sense?

That would probably be the ask, but honestly probably would not get that in return. Jarmo just (potentially) gave away Domi, and will be selling low on Jones and Laine.
Jul. 19, 2021 at 6:07 p.m.
Yeah i wouldnt move wahlstrom 1 for 1. The islanders need him as hes on an elc. Would you do the 22 1st, bolduc, ishakov, and bellows.

I would do that actually, I think that’s fair
Islesforthecup liked this.
Jul. 19, 2021 at 6:46 p.m.
Nah.
As has been said up here, this is all pre-supposing they trade him *now*. I don’t think they do that unless someone offers them what they want.

He had a **** year. So did the whole team. ****ty to say or not, he said he didn’t like playing for Tort’s system. CBJ either get their ask matched now, or roll the dice on him rebounding his value.
Jul. 19, 2021 at 10:08 p.m.
CbjSabresDucks

So then we keep him

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll