SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Tampa Bay Lightning

Would you do

Jul. 19, 2021 at 7:22 p.m.
I want Gourde back
I know we've discussed it @CoopsTroops but I still think letting Seattle take Gourde is a mistake. Let's say we give them a 3rd and Coleman's signing rights to take Palat or Killorn (probably Palat). What do you think of that. With how much Goodrow is getting (looks like 3.6, which is a big overpayment in my opinion) Coleman might get 5M and it will certainly be 4+. We won't re-sign him anyways, but he should still have some value as he is a pretty unique player and great top 9 guy. I know the 3rd is like our only pick in the draft, but chances are it won't turn into anything even with how good Tampa is at drafting in mid to late rounds.
Jul. 19, 2021 at 7:48 p.m.
Rutta 4ever
I'd trade our 3rd plus Palat to Seattle in a heartbeat to keep Gourde if they'd do the deal. I still think losing Killorn would be a big loss, but if Johnson is too expensive to dump, then we might not have a choice in losing him too. A lot depends on what Seattle wants IMO.

I'm in no way attached to our 3rd Rd pick, but if our 2022 1st is required I figure just let them take whoever.
imawesome liked this.
Jul. 20, 2021 at 5:36 p.m.
In BriseBois I trust.
Hedman4Norris liked this.
Jul. 20, 2021 at 8:11 p.m.
Lets go bolts!
Just as a little tidbit of info next year let's say gourde is taken in expansion. Palat is also a free agent next season. Creating roughly 10.5 million in cap space. Brayden point is at the end of his sweetheart deal next offseason. If you sorta think about it the less cap commitments the better for next season. Johnson may end up getting the buy out button next offseason if he stays on our roster & continues to decline.
imawesome liked this.
Jul. 21, 2021 at 9:55 p.m.
So long Yanni. Thanks for the 2 cups.

As good as he was these past two seasons. Was he all that handy before we added Goodie and Coleman? I remember think the 5mil and the NTC were a bit much.

I'll be sad to see him go but he was 3c and we had to get cap compliant eventually.
Hedman4Norris and CoopsTroops liked this.
Jul. 21, 2021 at 10:41 p.m.
Lets go bolts!
killorn LTIR let's gooooo! make that cap space
Jul. 22, 2021 at 2:07 a.m.
I want Gourde back
Quoting: Rangsey

As good as he was these past two seasons. Was he all that handy before we added Goodie and Coleman? I remember think the 5mil and the NTC were a bit much.

I'll be sad to see him go but he was 3c and we had to get cap compliant eventually.

He did have 2 20 goal seasons before them
Jul. 22, 2021 at 7:20 a.m.
Goodrow - Gourde - Coleman line will be missed a lot
imawesome liked this.
Jul. 22, 2021 at 10:39 a.m.
Rutta 4ever
Quoting: Rangsey

$5m is around the going rate for an elite 3C. I just think he was in one hell of a rut before Goodrow/Coleman showed up. He'll make a good 2C in Seattle (1C might be pushing it if that's where they have him).
Jul. 22, 2021 at 1:08 p.m.
I want Gourde back
Quoting: CoopsTroops
$5m is around the going rate for an elite 3C. I just think he was in one hell of a rut before Goodrow/Coleman showed up. He'll make a good 2C in Seattle (1C might be pushing it if that's where they have him).

Unless they make a trade he looks like the 1C. Unless it's McCann. I can't believe with all the talent available they came up with Gourde and Eberle

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll