SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

Chawdust - What Each Team Should Do

Chawdust - What Each Team Should Do

Draft Class: 2021
Created By: chasecrawshaw
Published: Jul. 20, 2021 at 1:35 a.m.
Description
This is what each team should do based off of a number of factors including value, PR, and team needs.
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-Too much criticism will be received if they make another decision, but Power is still a good value for the first overall pick
2Logo of the Seattle Kraken-A player that fits the mold of pervious Ron Francis picks. Can be a true leader as well as an elite player
3Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-I have higher players ranked, but Eklund will fit the mold of the type of hole that Anaheim needs to fill
4Logo of the New Jersey Devils-Luke Hughes is a high-end defensive prospect and will get the chance to be with his brother, Jack. It fills a hole and creates positive PR
5Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-My top skater remaining, Clarke has the highest upside of any skater from my viewpoint. He can fill in the shoes of Seth Jones when he leaves
6Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-With the report that Keith Petruzzelli is not going to sign, Detroit desperately needs to fill a hole in their goalie pool. Wallstedt is my number one ranked player in this class and is the only one who has the chance to be the best at his position in the NHL
7Logo of the San Jose Sharks-San Jose needs talent anywhere they can get it. Guenther at 7 would be a great value, especially as a player who could make the jump very soon
8Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-Likely best player available, Edvinsson also fills a need in the defensive prospect pool
9Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-Late season riser that plays the game in a very translatable way. Should be a safe bet to be an everyday NHLer sooner than later
10Logo of the Ottawa Senators-The last of the consensus top options, Johnson has an elite skillset that has some concerns of translating to the pro game but are worth taking the chance on
11Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-
Draft Pick Forfeited
12Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-Lucius has a dynamic skillset that I winder about translating to the pro game, but should be worth a shot, especially in this draft
13Logo of the Calgary Flames-A guy who should get more recognition, I do not feel like Lysell ends up this high, but he definitely should
14Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-A pure scorer who helps fill the hole of elite prospect that was left vacant with Nolan Patrick being traded
15Logo of the Dallas Stars-One of my favorites in the draft, Pastujov is a guy who I love the chances of succeeding in the NHL. He will be given proper time to develop and should become a stud
16Logo of the New York Rangers-Once considered the favorite to go first overall, Raty is still a talented player who is likely capped in a middle-six role, but an effective one
17Logo of the St. Louis Blues-One Russian forward (most likely) out, another Russian forward in
18Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-A kid who already plays his Junior hockey in Winnipeg, Lambos has been able to show himself to the Jets for years. A divisive prospect who I do firmly believe in. This could become a real value pick
19Logo of the Nashville Predators-After a breakout year in the USHL, Matthew Coronato put himself on the map as a legitimate NHL prospect
20Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-Cossa very well could go higher than this spot, but Edmonton lacks an elite goalie in their system so the shoe fits
21Logo of the Boston Bruins-The D core of the B's could use an upgrade, and Ceulemans has become a favorite of many
22Logo of the Minnesota Wild-The NHL club is lacking current centers, but the talent pool in the system is strong down the Middle. But, adding Svechkkov means the Wild are adding my best player available. Talent is needed up front regardless of position
23Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the Washington CapitalsThere is a good chance he finds himself playing on the wing, but L'Heureux has a chance to be a canter and he plays a game that can help Stevie Y build a culture in Detroit
24Logo of the Florida Panthers-Could very well go higher, but Rosen is a great value at this spot
25Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsLogo of the Toronto Maple LeafsJarmo loves his European (especially Finnish) guys and Tuomaala offers enough offensive upside to warrant the pick
26Logo of the Minnesota WildLogo of the Pittsburgh PenguinsA prospect in their own backyard, Morrow is an elite MNHS player that I love as a future NHLer
27Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-Supremely-skilled forwards are what the Hurricanes will be looking for in this draft. Dylan Duke should get more recognition and could easily end up one of the better players from this draft
28Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-A prospect that I do not love, Othmann plays a game that I do not have a ton of faith in. If he can be coached properly, he could end up being a good NHLer who has had Landeskog comparisons
29Logo of the New Jersey DevilsLogo of the New York IslandersThis is the least likely pick I will make in the first round, but there is always at least a few surprises in the draft. Doan had an elite D+1 year after going undrafted last year. If I had to place a bet on the highest drafted re-entry player, Doan is my pick
30Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-Vegas gets my best player available here as they are in a spot where they can take any talent and work to develop them
31Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-The Cinderella run could prove to bite them as their draft value dropped significantly because of it. Bolduc could be best available here and is a Quebec kid
32Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsLogo of the Tampa Bay LightningThe top player available who can be an NHL center. Columbus needs to add young talent everywhere that they can
Jul. 20, 2021 at 10:11 a.m.
The last position the Bruins should target is RD. LD or any forward is the goal
Jul. 20, 2021 at 2:13 p.m.
Steve
Highly doubt Det picks a G at 6, Too many other needs to waste a high pick on a position that can be routinely filled through FA

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll