NMC
UFA - 5
Logo of the New York Rangers
$5,350,000$5,350,000
C
NMC
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,650,000$3M)
RW
RFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$6,250,000$6,250,000
RW
UFA - 3
$6,500,000$6,500,000
LW
NMC
UFA - 6
$3,600,000$3,600,000
C, LW
UFA - 6
Logo of the Colorado Avalanche
$4,500,000$4,500,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, RW
RFA - 1
Logo of the Ottawa Senators
$1,500,000$1,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
C
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LD
RFA - 3
$8,000,000$8,000,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 5
$6,000,000$6,000,000
G
UFA - 4
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$350,000$350K)
LD
RFA - 2
RD
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
LD
RFA - 2
RD
RFA - 3
$2,500,000$2,500,000
G
UFA - 3
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$825,000$825,000
G
UFA - 1
$737,500$737,500
LD
UFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
LD
UFA - 1
Logo of the Colorado Avalanche
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
RW
RFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 21, 2021 at 12:14 p.m.
I will be surprised if Igor signs for more than 2.5. I don't like the idea of paying that much for a Kadri rental. and do we know that Reinhart can play 2C? Reminds me of Max Domi.
Jul. 21, 2021 at 12:19 p.m.
Rangers decline all 3 of those trades.
Fox_Czar_Cup liked this.
Jul. 21, 2021 at 12:19 p.m.
As a Sabres fan, I’d pass
Not big on Chytil- think he’s closer to a 3C than a 2C
And Georgiev doesn’t impress me much either, especially after last year

The 1st isn’t high enough to convince me either
Jul. 21, 2021 at 12:20 p.m.
Quoting: saysthemachine
I will be surprised if Igor signs for more than 2.5. I don't like the idea of paying that much for a Kadri rental. and do we know that Reinhart can play 2C? Reminds me of Max Domi.

He played center the last 22 games of the season and scored 13 goals and had 19 points. He always should have stayed at center.
Jul. 21, 2021 at 1:50 p.m.
Unsure how Ott would feel about this.

Col says yes, makes sense for both teams.

Buf would be foolish not to says yes. Seems like a bit of an overpay
Jul. 21, 2021 at 2:43 p.m.
we love the avs
Quoting: Meeqs
Unsure how Ott would feel about this.

Col says yes, makes sense for both teams.

Buf would be foolish not to says yes. Seems like a bit of an overpay

lol come on, OTT pulls the trigger on this, Watson hasn't hit above 19 points in his career he's literally a throw in, Strome is a middle six forward, AND they get a guy who literally projects as a better Watson and only move back 5 spots in a an uncertain draft?? Come on, unless they have their eyes dead set on someone at 10 I don't see why they don't do this.

COL says yes and this makes "sense" only if they magically have another 6 million laying around for Buch. Is Landy walking? IS Grubi walking? Is Jost coming back? Have they plugged the holes on Defense? Have they signed Cale long term? Is there still enough money to sign Mack if Buch comes on? Lots of questions to answer before even COL can consider this trade, hold your horses on this one.

I'm with you on the BUF trade, that's a good move for a rebuilding franchise
Jul. 21, 2021 at 3:22 p.m.
Quoting: OldBaySeasoningOfficial
lol come on, OTT pulls the trigger on this, Watson hasn't hit above 19 points in his career he's literally a throw in, Strome is a middle six forward, AND they get a guy who literally projects as a better Watson and only move back 5 spots in a an uncertain draft?? Come on, unless they have their eyes dead set on someone at 10 I don't see why they don't do this.

COL says yes and this makes "sense" only if they magically have another 6 million laying around for Buch. Is Landy walking? IS Grubi walking? Is Jost coming back? Have they plugged the holes on Defense? Have they signed Cale long term? Is there still enough money to sign Mack if Buch comes on? Lots of questions to answer before even COL can consider this trade, hold your horses on this one.

I'm with you on the BUF trade, that's a good move for a rebuilding franchise

I don't see any reason why Ott cares about a 1 year rental, they aren't making the playoffs next year.

Col will be more than fine with the cap space. There are like 10 ways you can make it work.
Jul. 21, 2021 at 3:47 p.m.
we love the avs
I don't see any reason why Ott cares about a 1 year rental, they aren't making the playoffs next year.

Col will be more than fine with the cap space. There are like 10 ways you can make it work.

Yeah you're off on this one bud, you take the one year rental in Strome (especially when what you're switching him out for is Watson) and see if you can get him to stick around. If not, that's okay, you'll have free agency to replace him and/or whatever role Watson filled in the first place (if they don't have the internal pieces to do it at that point lmao), and besides, even if Strome walks, you've turned a career-bottom 9 Austin Watson into a projected middle 6 guy and a top 15 overall pick. Again, unless they have their eyes deadset on someone at 10, this is a steal of a trade.

I stand by what I said re: COL, this trade makes no sense with the current shape of the roster. But if they answer some of those other questions, sure, maybe.
Jul. 21, 2021 at 4:25 p.m.
Yeah you're off on this one bud, you take the one year rental in Strome (especially when what you're switching him out for is Watson) and see if you can get him to stick around. If not, that's okay, you'll have free agency to replace him and/or whatever role Watson filled in the first place (if they don't have the internal pieces to do it at that point lmao), and besides, even if Strome walks, you've turned a career-bottom 9 Austin Watson into a projected middle 6 guy and a top 15 overall pick. Again, unless they have their eyes deadset on someone at 10, this is a steal of a trade.

I stand by what I said re: COL, this trade makes no sense with the current shape of the roster. But if they answer some of those other questions, sure, maybe.

I think you are misunderstanding the concept of value in relation to team window. A win now player just does nothing of value for Ott and this year is such a weak year that drop in 1st rounder is not insignificant. Value does not exist in a vaccum.

Col just moved out 8m in cap this past week and would only need to find 1.5m in cap space to sign Buch to a 6x8 so I see no reason why you would be worried about it. It could be done so easily. Have Donskoi's replacement make 2.4m AAV or less: done. Send JTC to the minors: done. It's nbd
Jul. 21, 2021 at 5:56 p.m.
we love the avs
I think you are misunderstanding the concept of value in relation to team window. A win now player just does nothing of value for Ott and this year is such a weak year that drop in 1st rounder is not insignificant. Value does not exist in a vaccum.

Col just moved out 8m in cap this past week and would only need to find 1.5m in cap space to sign Buch to a 6x8 so I see no reason why you would be worried about it. It could be done so easily. Have Donskoi's replacement make 2.4m AAV or less: done. Send JTC to the minors: done. It's nbd

BUDDY come on now, listen to yourself take your own advice. Of course value doesn't exist in a vacuum. Ottawa's about 2-3 years from really competing, acquiring Strome does one of two things: you find out he's a great fit, he likes the town and the team, stays on board, you expedite that process and ride internal growth into the next year. If he doesn't, you flip him at the deadline for more prospects and assets (all of which, again, are better to have as a rebuilding team as opposed to 30 year old Austin Watson). It's a move that has the potential to move your roster forward, OR give you fodder to acquire assets that'll help you do that — at the absolute worst, if Strome stays past the Deadline AND walks, you have 1.5 million more in cap space next offseason than you did with Watson on the roster, and I promise you players like him grow on trees. Besides, if I'm the owner of Ottawa, and I find out that my GM didn't want a scoring center and two blue-chip prospects bc one of those pieces is technically a "win-now" piece, you bet you're ass I'm firing them. Having Strome opens so many possibilities, you could flip him again, you could sign him, etc AND you're getting prospects and assets to boot? Come on now. You're misevaluating what a "random" year in the draft does to teams big boards. Could very well be Ottawa has their eyes on someone they know will be there at 15, could very well be they're content to take the best available player. Again, the only thing stopping this trade if I'm Ottawa if someone I want is at 10 and isn't going past that.

Yes, COL moved the easiest 8 million they could have on their roster. Who do you move next to clear space bud? Girard? Toews? One of the forwards? How you gonna do that and make sure you're at least getting an on par player? The Buchnevich deal is silly and shortsighted without first addressing Cale, Landy, Grubi, Jost, Timmins, the need for a 6th D, a potential new goalie tandem, etc.

But hey! If you're so certain it'd work, make the roster yourself man, you're literally on the site for it haha. I'm just saying, I think you're wrong here, if you can make it work be my guest, but just spitballing this idea here, it sounds like a bad one.
DavidKociFanClub liked this.
Jul. 21, 2021 at 5:59 p.m.
BUDDY come on now, listen to yourself take your own advice. Of course value doesn't exist in a vacuum. Ottawa's about 2-3 years from really competing, acquiring Strome does one of two things: you find out he's a great fit, he likes the town and the team, stays on board, you expedite that process and ride internal growth into the next year. If he doesn't, you flip him at the deadline for more prospects and assets (all of which, again, are better to have as a rebuilding team as opposed to 30 year old Austin Watson). It's a move that has the potential to move your roster forward, OR give you fodder to acquire assets that'll help you do that — at the absolute worst, if Strome stays past the Deadline AND walks, you have 1.5 million more in cap space next offseason than you did with Watson on the roster, and I promise you players like him grow on trees. Besides, if I'm the owner of Ottawa, and I find out that my GM didn't want a scoring center and two blue-chip prospects bc one of those pieces is technically a "win-now" piece, you bet you're ass I'm firing them. Having Strome opens so many possibilities, you could flip him again, you could sign him, etc AND you're getting prospects and assets to boot? Come on now. You're misevaluating what a "random" year in the draft does to teams big boards. Could very well be Ottawa has their eyes on someone they know will be there at 15, could very well be they're content to take the best available player. Again, the only thing stopping this trade if I'm Ottawa if someone I want is at 10 and isn't going past that.

Yes, COL moved the easiest 8 million they could have on their roster. Who do you move next to clear space bud? Girard? Toews? One of the forwards? How you gonna do that and make sure you're at least getting an on par player? The Buchnevich deal is silly and shortsighted without first addressing Cale, Landy, Grubi, Jost, Timmins, the need for a 6th D, a potential new goalie tandem, etc.

But hey! If you're so certain it'd work, make the roster yourself man, you're literally on the site for it haha. I'm just saying, I think you're wrong here, if you can make it work be my guest, but just spitballing this idea here, it sounds like a bad one.

I've never seen someone put more effort into galaxy braining a 28 year old rental to a rebuilding team or have more of a struggle thinking 1.5m in cap space would cause a team to explode lol
Jul. 21, 2021 at 7:52 p.m.
we love the avs
Edited Jul. 22, 2021 at 12:59 p.m.
I've never seen someone put more effort into galaxy braining a 28 year old rental to a rebuilding team or have more of a struggle thinking 1.5m in cap space would cause a team to explode lol

Buddy I get the sense that anything explained to you must seem like it's galaxy brained haha. It's simple man, you're in your own way if you don't wanna understand it there's literally almost zero downside to Ott taking that deal lmao.

I've never seen anybody run around and afraid to put their ideas to the test, make a roster man let's see what you got.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll