SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

FIRE DUBAS

Jul. 21, 2021 at 12:35 p.m.
Edited Jul. 21, 2021 at 12:49 p.m.
Look, ive been a fan of this guy for years and i havent rly disagreed with anything he has done until today. CHOOSING TO GIVE AWAY A CHEAP, RFA C/LW IN MACCANN WAS A MISTAKE and THIS should be the LAST STRAW FOR HIM. straight BS. rather keep the 30 year old defence man that sucks balls over a guy a little under a PPG last year. makes sense. fire this dude please.
Joey liked this.
Jul. 21, 2021 at 12:36 p.m.
I know, I'm' a huge fan of dubas and like most of the moves he makes but he likes his guys to much.
JG1972 liked this.
Jul. 21, 2021 at 1:57 p.m.
torontos finest
Which player would've you rathered the team part with: Kerfoot or Holl?
aadoyle liked this.
Jul. 21, 2021 at 2:06 p.m.
Quoting: mondo
Which player would've you rathered the team part with: Kerfoot or Holl?

HOLL. Easy
Jul. 21, 2021 at 2:07 p.m.
torontos finest
Quoting: JG1972
HOLL. Easy

Okay. Who would you replace Holl with?
Jul. 21, 2021 at 2:11 p.m.
Okay. Who would you replace Holl with?

Timmy. U cant tell me he cant do what Holl does. If u gave him 10 games with Muzzin he'd be looking like a stud.

look bro, we've got different opinions. im not gonna argue with u anymore

dont play mind games with me
Jul. 21, 2021 at 2:15 p.m.
Drover006
Timmy. U cant tell me he cant do what Holl does. If u gave him 10 games with Muzzin he'd be looking like a stud.

So your going to put a rookie who hasn't had many mins as a red pair/7d in the NHL and plug I'm right into 2nd pair
oneX and aadoyle liked this.
Jul. 21, 2021 at 2:20 p.m.
torontos finest

Apparently asking you two very simple questions is mind games and an argument.

I'd say that losing McCann and keeping Holl is hardly a fireable offense and this is an overreaction.
oneX and aadoyle liked this.
Jul. 22, 2021 at 4:32 p.m.
Look, ive been a fan of this guy for years and i havent rly disagreed with anything he has done until today. CHOOSING TO GIVE AWAY A CHEAP, RFA C/LW IN MACCANN WAS A MISTAKE and THIS should be the LAST STRAW FOR HIM. straight BS. rather keep the 30 year old defence man that sucks balls over a guy a little under a PPG last year. makes sense. fire this dude please.

The way I am choosing to look at it is that Dubas decided that Kerfoot is his guy, plus he gives cap security for this year and next. With McCann being an RFA next year, I think he would've played himself into a contract that the Leafs wouldn't be able to afford (AhEm Hyman). I would've loved to see McCann in a Leafs jersey for this next year, but Dubas loves his guys too much to let them go. Plus I don't think Dubas is ready to fully admit losing the Kadri trade, hence another reason to hold on to Kerfoot.
Jul. 22, 2021 at 9:40 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Apparently asking you two very simple questions is mind games and an argument.

I'd say that losing McCann and keeping Holl is hardly a fireable offense and this is an overreaction.

People dont seem to get it I agree

Holl despite some flaws is a hard working puck moving Dman. Sure his numbers are better than Muzzin but you can say the same thing about so many other Dman. Plus natural right handed Right Dman are very rare in the NHL. I believe the statistic now is 34%. That makes Holl valuable.

So if he was left exposed Seattle would easily take him

Then what. Leafs have had defensive problems for years and when they finally got a Top 4 that's working fans want to tear it apart. Not smart. Especially when you factor in Holl only makes 2mill for 2 more years and all viable replacements will cost way more than that, or are to old or not top 4 guys anymore.

I agree losing McCann sucks but no guarantee he would have done well here. And who knows with proper line mates Kerfoot may go back to being the 40 point guy he was in Colorado. Liked him in the playoffs so lets see if he continues.

I think Dubas has 2 more years. One with this core and one without one of the big 4. If he trades for instance Marner and there still is no success than hes fired. And some other team will scoop him up and he will make them better and make fans regret moving him lul.

Then were back to square 1 all over again
Jul. 23, 2021 at 12:42 a.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: FyodorSvechkov
The way I am choosing to look at it is that Dubas decided that Kerfoot is his guy, plus he gives cap security for this year and next. With McCann being an RFA next year, I think he would've played himself into a contract that the Leafs wouldn't be able to afford (AhEm Hyman). I would've loved to see McCann in a Leafs jersey for this next year, but Dubas loves his guys too much to let them go. Plus I don't think Dubas is ready to fully admit losing the Kadri trade, hence another reason to hold on to Kerfoot.

Fun fact Kerfoot only makes 750k this season and 2.7mill next season. McCann was gonna make 3.38 mill and that was his QA. So Dubas potentially was gonna have to pay him more than Kerfoot. Kerfoot despite the scoring troubles is a good third liner. Give him good line mates and he will do so much better. Plus liked the fact he was pretty good on the PK. McCann was not even used in the role much.

Going back to the money Kerfoot's contract is extremely movable now. 750K is all a gm owes him this season.
Jul. 24, 2021 at 2:15 p.m.
Go leafs go

He basically lost Hallender and a 7th to Seattle which is good asset management.
Lanny_McJagrBomb liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll