MM
WN
JM

MR
JM
JH
TJB

JC

Ask JT to waive his NTC like Price did. Problem solved. Not that any of it matters anyway.
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
17$81,500,000$72,144,783$0$0$9,355,217
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$1,645,000$1,645,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$11,640,250$11,640,250
C
UFA - 3
$10,903,000$10,903,000
RW
UFA - 4
$1,250,000$1,250,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$11,000,000$11,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 4
$6,962,366$6,962,366
RW
UFA - 3
$3,500,000$3,500,000
LW, C, RW
UFA - 2
$900,000$900,000
RW, LW
NTC
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$725,000$725,000
C
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,625,000$5,625,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 3
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD/RD
NTC
UFA - 3
$1,650,000$1,650,000
G
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$894,167$894,167
LD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 21, 2021 at 8:59 p.m.
Thing is JT more than likely would've gotten claimed. Price's contract was seen as an anchor ever since it was signed right until this years playoffs and many still see it as an anchor. Tavares while is seen as overpaid he isn't really seen as an anchor like Price was
chungus liked this.
Jul. 21, 2021 at 9:00 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
I don't understand trading for McCann unless you weren't going to protect him. Leafs could have protected 7 forwards and 3 Dman. One of Holl or Dermot would have been selected.
If the Leafs didn't make the trade, Kraken would have picked Kerfoot over Dermot, then the Leafs would have had 3.5m to find a 3C...which shouldn't be difficult.
DartGuy86 and MatthewsFan liked this.
Jul. 21, 2021 at 9:03 p.m.
backcheck>paycheck
Quoting: palhal
I don't understand trading for McCann unless you weren't going to protect him. Leafs could have protected 7 forwards and 3 Dman. One of Holl or Dermot would have been selected.
If the Leafs didn't make the trade, Kraken would have picked Kerfoot over Dermot, then the Leafs would have had 3.5m to find a 3C...which shouldn't be difficult.

agreed. I feel like this is a Dubas self-own here. Totally overthought it. Unless he's got something else coming up that we're unaware of, which is possible I guess.
Jul. 21, 2021 at 9:05 p.m.
backcheck>paycheck
Quoting: TheresAlwaysNextYear
Thing is JT more than likely would've gotten claimed. Price's contract was seen as an anchor ever since it was signed right until this years playoffs and many still see it as an anchor. Tavares while is seen as overpaid he isn't really seen as an anchor like Price was

I don't think they're touching that contract TBH. Of course, it is a gamble though.
Jul. 21, 2021 at 9:38 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137

I don’t even think the go after Holl or Dermott if they went 7-3-1. With some of the selections I could have seen them take Joey Anderson. Then you’d have your D and McCann + Kerfoot 🤷‍♂️
DartGuy86 liked this.
Jul. 21, 2021 at 10:03 p.m.

Quoting: DartGuy86
agreed. I feel like this is a Dubas self-own here. Totally overthought it. Unless he's got something else coming up that we're unaware of, which is possible I guess.

Quoting: MatthewsFan
I don’t even think the go after Holl or Dermott if they went 7-3-1. With some of the selections I could have seen them take Joey Anderson. Then you’d have your D and McCann + Kerfoot 🤷‍♂️

apparently there was reason to believe that holl was going to get taken, bc he's actually good (something people somehow refuse to accept every summer lol)

51fd49eabbfc78277cdf848d1e21a677.png3d778279a3568a96c0989fb5e22f14e0.png69676e0e1453b7e09f2547bf031179cd.png

oleksiak and larsson both signed for $4M plus, played LESS than holl, were on worse defensive teams than holl and had less points than holl

holl is outstanding value for a top 4 defensemen, and for whatever reason when paired with jake muzzin, he punches far above his weight class/salary grade - he's hugely valuable

idk why when we had arguably a top 5 blueline in the league (GA wise), we want to lose bogosian, dermott and holl in one offseason lol

now instead of losing kerfoot for nothing and having hallander and a 7th as trade chips (i.e. worthless), we lost hallander and a 7th and now have kerfoot as a trade chip - we're objectively better off lmao
Jul. 21, 2021 at 10:14 p.m.
Edited Jul. 21, 2021 at 10:30 p.m.

As always the guy above just show you how dumb you are by wanting to keep both Kerfoot + McCann for 3rd line and even Holl, who SEA wouldnt touch cause they watch games and they know "TOP 4D McDavids kryptonite" is just a clumsy, insecure-with-puck leetcher on Muzzin....no wonder old fart goes down every year in playoffs by being over-worked on every of his shifts.....

Arent they adorable in their homerism with their "TOP 4D" for 2M is a bargain......

btw, you know its bad when they are stating Points for Dman as a valuable argument
Jul. 21, 2021 at 10:21 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137
Quoting: Lyle_Bubas
apparently there was reason to believe that holl was going to get taken, bc he's actually good (something people somehow refuse to accept every summer lol)

51fd49eabbfc78277cdf848d1e21a677.png3d778279a3568a96c0989fb5e22f14e0.png69676e0e1453b7e09f2547bf031179cd.png

oleksiak and larsson both signed for $4M plus, played LESS than holl, were on worse defensive teams than holl and had less points than holl

holl is outstanding value for a top 4 defensemen, and for whatever reason when paired with jake muzzin, he punches far above his weight class/salary grade - he's hugely valuable

idk why when we had arguably a top 5 blueline in the league (GA wise), we want to lose bogosian, dermott and holl in one offseason lol

now instead of losing kerfoot for nothing and having hallander and a 7th as trade chips (i.e. worthless), we lost hallander and a 7th and now have kerfoot as a trade chip - we're objectively better off lmao

Do these charts show the strength of partner? Justin Holl plays in the top four but is carried by Jake Muzzin. The Maple Leafs defence improved because they signed T.J. Brodie and Zach Bogosian. Not because of Justin Holl.

I don’t know how to add photos like you but these two charts speak to me.

https://twitter.com/cmhockey66/status/1417613130126004227?s=21

https://twitter.com/jihad_raya_/status/1415352795331538945?s=21

My frustration comes from this organization wanting to roll back the same unit that just collapsed against MTL and more than likely blocking Liljegren again. Cause I don’t see them rolling out:
Rielly Brodie
Muzzin Holl
Sandin Liljegren

And I believe McCann would have made an awesome addition to this group
DartGuy86 liked this.
Jul. 21, 2021 at 10:33 p.m.
Do these charts show the strength of partner? Justin Holl plays in the top four but is carried by Jake Muzzin. The Maple Leafs defence improved because they signed T.J. Brodie and Zach Bogosian. Not because of Justin Holl.

I don’t know how to add photos like you but these two charts speak to me.

https://twitter.com/cmhockey66/status/1417613130126004227?s=21

https://twitter.com/jihad_raya_/status/1415352795331538945?s=21

My frustration comes from this organization wanting to roll back the same unit that just collapsed against MTL and more than likely blocking Liljegren again. Cause I don’t see them rolling out:
Rielly Brodie
Muzzin Holl
Sandin Liljegren

And I believe McCann would have made an awesome addition to this group

the fact the chart pegs savard at getting 1.75M next season makes me question the entire validity of it, he will get massively overpaid because he's got a cup ring

the thing people fail to realize is that there could be some backroom stuff here. Seattle wanted McCann, Tanev and Kerfoot. Dubas did seattle a solid and traded nothing for mccann, now they get both of the pittsburgh guys and I'd be SHOCKED if kerfoot isn't flipped to seattle for a valuable asset. It would explain why the leafs didn't care who seattle took because they know both of them are ending up in seattle anyways

I guarantee you the asset that seattle gives us for kerfoot is worth far more than hallander/7th OR jared mccann. AND we get to keep justin holl who is a valuable player on our blueline that has chemistry playing tough minutes with muzzin. We tried barrie, dermott (sometimes), hell even rielly with muzzin and all those options typically went down in flames. The idea that anybody plays well with muzzin is false lol
Jul. 21, 2021 at 10:35 p.m.
backcheck>paycheck

I wouldn't say hallander is worthless. TBH I'd rather have the 3.5mil in cap space, the prospect, the pick, and replace Kerfoot via FA
palhal and chungus liked this.
Jul. 21, 2021 at 10:38 p.m.
backcheck>paycheck
the fact the chart pegs savard at getting 1.75M next season makes me question the entire validity of it, he will get massively overpaid because he's got a cup ring

the thing people fail to realize is that there could be some backroom stuff here. Seattle wanted McCann, Tanev and Kerfoot. Dubas did seattle a solid and traded nothing for mccann, now they get both of the pittsburgh guys and I'd be SHOCKED if kerfoot isn't flipped to seattle for a valuable asset. It would explain why the leafs didn't care who seattle took because they know both of them are ending up in seattle anyways

I guarantee you the asset that seattle gives us for kerfoot is worth far more than hallander/7th OR jared mccann. AND we get to keep justin holl who is a valuable player on our blueline that has chemistry playing tough minutes with muzzin. We tried barrie, dermott (sometimes), hell even rielly with muzzin and all those options typically went down in flames. The idea that anybody plays well with muzzin is false lol

Okay, this is a bit of a walk. Not saying you're wrong, but this is entirely speculation at this point.
chungus liked this.
Jul. 21, 2021 at 10:39 p.m.
I wouldn't say hallander is worthless. TBH I'd rather have the 3.5mil in cap space, the prospect, the pick, and replace Kerfoot via FA

situation A: leafs lose kerfoot for nothing, use hallander and a 7th to trade for something good

situation B: leafs lose hallander and a 7th for nothing, use kerfoot to trade for something good

I'd take situation B all day long imo

Hallander isn't worthless, you're right, he'll be a reliable bottom 6 winger one day maybe, but right now, having kerfoot on a valuable contract (in terms of real $) as a trade chip when every player on every team seemed to be available is preferable

Okay, this is a bit of a walk. Not saying you're wrong, but this is entirely speculation at this point.

this whole site is speculation cool
Jul. 21, 2021 at 10:43 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
So many Leafs fans think Holl, Dermot, Mikeheyev and Engvall should be traded for virtually nothing. Then they want sign via UFA or trade for more expensive worse players.
The four players I mentioned provide good at `6.3m. Hard to believe the Leaf could acquire four capable players for less than cap.
But for some reason most Leaf fans posts blame the bottom enders for the Leafs failures in the playoffs. For some reason the big cap players are so untouchable in trades or even in negative comments.
Jul. 21, 2021 at 10:43 p.m.
backcheck>paycheck
situation A: leafs lose kerfoot for nothing, use hallander and a 7th to trade for something good

situation B: leafs lose hallander and a 7th for nothing, use kerfoot to trade for something good

I'd take situation B all day long imo

Hallander isn't worthless, you're right, he'll be a reliable bottom 6 winger one day maybe, but right now, having kerfoot on a valuable contract (in terms of real $) as a trade chip when every player on every team seemed to be available is preferable

this whole site is speculation cool

Okay, but you're relying on a trade that hasn't happened yet to justify what has happened. right now its more like:

situation A: leafs lose a pick and a prospect for nothing

situation B: Leafs lose Kerfoot for nothing and clear 3.5 milly

I'd take situation B all day long too. Unless you're right and a trade happens. Just can't see it.
Jul. 21, 2021 at 10:44 p.m.
Okay, but you're relying on a trade that hasn't happened yet to justify what has happened. right now its more like:

situation A: leafs lose a pick and a prospect for nothing

situation B: Leafs lose Kerfoot for nothing and clear 3.5 milly

I'd take situation B all day long too. Unless you're right and a trade happens. Just can't see it.

the leafs are going to trade kerfoot, basically every insider has been saying that forever lol, I'd put money on it

difference is, in this scenario they get to trade him and get assets for him rather than lose him for nothing. Guaranteed he fetches more than the equivalent of hallander and a 7th, which puts the leafs out ahead
Jul. 21, 2021 at 10:45 p.m.
backcheck>paycheck
the leafs are going to trade kerfoot, basically every insider has been saying that forever lol, I'd put money on it

difference is, in this scenario they get to trade him and get assets for him rather than lose him for nothing. Guaranteed he fetches more than the equivalent of hallander and a 7th, which puts the leafs out ahead

Hope you're right. Then this will age a lot better.
chungus liked this.
Jul. 21, 2021 at 10:47 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137

I hope your right, I am definitely casting judgment before the final product. I will try to patiently wait till August 1st before my anger with this team grows even more.

But I will die on the hill that Holl is overrated by this organization and going 7-3-1 was the right approach. But that’s why I’m on here and not an actual GM
chungus liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll