2Logo of the Seattle Kraken-
3Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-
4Logo of the New Jersey Devils-
5Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-
6Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-
7Logo of the San Jose Sharks-
8Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-
9Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Vancouver Canucks
10Logo of the Ottawa Senators-Rated #75 here on cf... not that that means anything
11Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-
Draft Pick Forfeited
12Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsLogo of the Chicago Blackhawks
13Logo of the Calgary Flames-
14Logo of the Buffalo SabresLogo of the Philadelphia Flyers
15Logo of the Dallas Stars-
16Logo of the New York Rangers-
17Logo of the St. Louis Blues-
18Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-
19Logo of the Nashville Predators-
20Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-
21Logo of the Boston Bruins-
22Logo of the Minnesota Wild-
23Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the Washington Capitals
24Logo of the Florida Panthers-
25Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsLogo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
26Logo of the Minnesota WildLogo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
27Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-
28Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-
29Logo of the New Jersey DevilsLogo of the New York Islanders
30Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-
31Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-
32Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
Jul. 23, 2021 at 11:18 p.m.
Dorion is an idiot that is fueled by luck
BigBadBurke liked this.
Jul. 23, 2021 at 11:30 p.m.
I get what they like. Big mean **** who skates well and has shooting instincts. Don't think he would have been my guy, but the Org has earned some amount of benefit of the doubt for picks like this. Still think you absolutely could have traded back and still gotten him.
Jul. 24, 2021 at 12:09 a.m.
PittsburghModelMyAss
Quoting: Claesson4Norris
I get what they like. Big mean **** who skates well and has shooting instincts. Don't think he would have been my guy, but the Org has earned some amount of benefit of the doubt for picks like this. Still think you absolutely could have traded back and still gotten him.

better than taking mailloux over pastujov, pinelli or chibrikov smfh
Jul. 24, 2021 at 12:15 a.m.
Quoting: TheGHANDI90
better than taking mailloux over pastujov, pinelli or chibrikov smfh

Marc Bergevin learned a whole lot from his time in Chicago. Never talk to me about "character" ever again
BigBadBurke liked this.
Jul. 24, 2021 at 12:19 a.m.

Boucher was slotted to be a 2nd round pick by most scouts, dorion benefit of the doubt evaporated when he picked him 10th
BigBadBurke liked this.
Jul. 24, 2021 at 12:21 a.m.
PittsburghModelMyAss
Quoting: athrin
Boucher was slotted to be a 2nd round pick by most scouts, dorion benefit of the doubt evaporated when he picked him 10th

idk whats more egregious. that or drafting a guy at 30 that renounced himself from the draft altogether... clda prob taken mailloux in the 7th round for all i care
Jul. 24, 2021 at 12:26 a.m.
Quoting: TheGHANDI90
idk whats more egregious. that or drafting a guy at 30 that renounced himself from the draft altogether... clda prob taken mailloux in the 7th round for all i care

if you think the reason he renounced is a stupid reason then you draft him anyways if hes was supposed to be picked in the first round
Jul. 24, 2021 at 12:35 a.m.

I mean yeah that's fair, but supposedly other teams had him in a similar range. Apparently the Rangers wanted him at 16, and supposedly the Sens looked at trading back into the 12-15 range, but had some indication that the teams calling to move up would take Boucher.

I'm fairly confident that if he has a fully healthy season this year, this pick is viewed as less of a massive reach, but I'm also really confident that even if Boucher reaches his ceiling, they will probably end up regretting passing on several of the guys they did (Lysell, Sillinger, Lucius).
Jul. 24, 2021 at 12:37 a.m.
I mean yeah that's fair, but supposedly other teams had him in a similar range. Apparently the Rangers wanted him at 16, and supposedly the Sens looked at trading back into the 12-15 range, but had some indication that the teams calling to move up would take Boucher.

I'm fairly confident that if he has a fully healthy season this year, this pick is viewed as less of a massive reach, but I'm also really confident that even if Boucher reaches his ceiling, they will probably end up regretting passing on several of the guys they did (Lysell, Sillinger, Lucius).

Dorion is a very crapy GM that is save by pure luck...
Jul. 24, 2021 at 12:43 a.m.
PittsburghModelMyAss
if you think the reason he renounced is a stupid reason then you draft him anyways if hes was supposed to be picked in the first round

the thing is, he was a fringe 1st rounder... in normal circumstances he was going mid 2nd rounder so it wld make sense why they wld select him at 30, but this wasn't normal circumstances. Probably no other team was going to take a chance on him prior to the later rounds of Day 2

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll