Draft as it happens

Draft Class: 2021
Created By: Roysboy72
Published: Jul. 23, 2021 at 11:40 p.m.
Jul. 24, 2021 at 12:07 a.m.
Edited Jul. 24, 2021 at 12:13 a.m.
Big winners: Detroit, Columbus, Boston

Big Losers: Montreal, Edmonton

As a Sens fan, I'm skeptical, but can see the appeal of Boucher's skillset. Big mean power guy who skates really well and has shooting instincts. If he pans out as they hope, could be a Josh Anderson type.

I REALLY hope Ottawa can land Aatu Raty in the 2nd round. Isn't the 1st overall guy he looked like prior to his draft Year, but if you get him back on track, he could be the steal of the draft.
McSchleep, Roysboy72 and Jeuck75 liked this.
Jul. 24, 2021 at 12:48 a.m.
Speak of the Devil
Quoting: Claesson4Norris

As a Sens fan, I'm skeptical, but can see the appeal of Boucher's skillset. Big mean power guy who skates really well and has shooting instincts. If he pans out as they hope, could be a Josh Anderson type.

I REALLY hope Ottawa can land Aatu Raty in the 2nd round. Isn't the 1st overall guy he looked like prior to his draft Year, but if you get him back on track, he could be the steal of the draft.

Minnesota is a huge winner

I like the moves the Wings made, but I would much rather have Wallstedt + Eklund over Edvinsson + Cossa

Boucher seemed like a big reach imo
Jeuck75 liked this.
Jul. 24, 2021 at 12:56 a.m.
Quoting: Devil1122
Minnesota is a huge winner

I like the moves the Wings made, but I would much rather have Wallstedt + Eklund over Edvinsson + Cossa

Boucher seemed like a big reach imo

I agree. But Minnesota being huge winners and Edmonton being huge losers are two sides of the same coin.

I'd agree more about Eklund over Edvinsson than I do with Cossa vs Wallstedt. Eklund is gonna be one of the best players in this draft, and while Edvinsson and Seider is a pretty nasty 1-2 punch I don't think Edvinsson will have the same impact. The goalie debate is a little less cut and dry. I can see why it's more of a toss up, and I can see why teams could prefer Cossa.
Devil liked this.
Jul. 24, 2021 at 9:09 a.m.
Quoting: Claesson4Norris

I really don't think Montreal should be considered losers. Of course I'm biased and overcompensating because it's not the pick I would've made but with that said, this was a big PR move to show the league and fans that they believe in second chances and they picked a player who was projected by lots of pro scouts to go in that range. Also, how on Earth are Ottawa, Dallas, and New Jersey not losers for their swings at 3rd-5th round players?
Jul. 24, 2021 at 9:23 a.m.
yippee
Quoting: Club_de_Hockey_le_Canadien
I really don't think Montreal should be considered losers. Of course I'm biased and overcompensating because it's not the pick I would've made but with that said, this was a big PR move to show the league and fans that they believe in second chances and they picked a player who was projected by lots of pro scouts to go in that range. Also, how on Earth are Ottawa, Dallas, and New Jersey not losers for their swings at 3rd-5th round players?

I would give Dallas a pass, Johnston rocketed up the rankings last minute because of because of his performance at the U18s. The Chase Stillman pick wasn’t the best, but NJ is probably too caught up with getting Luke Hughes to care. Ottawa, though… they had a top 10 pick and reached hard.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll