SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Montreal Canadiens

Fire Bergevin WHY MAILLOUX he ruined the image of this team

Jul. 24, 2021 at 8:29 a.m.
Quoting: Habs4ever
I’m not saying it’s right but many people including myself did some immature dumb things at 17. Not everyone is without sin like you.

I am not without sin. Never said I was.

Not all sins are equal. Doing this to another person, especially when they are a teenager is evil.
Jul. 24, 2021 at 8:33 a.m.
Habs4ever
Quoting: littlejerryseinfeld

Not all sins are equal. Doing this to another person, especially when they are a teenager is evil.

Evil? More dumb immature decision. We already have a team around Logan and he will have weekly visits with the league. His billet family is well aware, and he knows he’s on a very tight leash. Also, behind the scenes the female involved will be very well financially compensated
Jul. 24, 2021 at 8:40 a.m.
I played junior then coached for 23 years in the Q & O and I can tell you some crazy stories of players that did dumb things.

Two players currently in the NHL came to live with my family for a week each so we could have some talks to help them make better decisions. The age of transition from the front of your brain to the back of your brain is age 17 to 27. This is significant because our emotions and feelings are at the front of our brains.

I also work with the CHL with players needing help. It’s confidential and was put together after Terry Trafford of the Saginaw Spirit took his life.

So instead of throwing people under the bus, we teach them and surround them with loving teachable ways to make better decisions.

The fact that you apparently do all this work with hockey players and think that a kid who committed something like this is being thrown under the bus by people saying that he simply should grow and learn before earning the right to be drafted into the nhl is horrifying and simply further condems hockey culture like this.
You care more about kids who abuse women because they play a sport you like then you do about women and you should be ashamed
Jul. 24, 2021 at 8:41 a.m.
Evil? More dumb immature decision. We already have a team around Logan and he will have weekly visits with the league. His billet family is well aware, and he knows he’s on a very tight leash. Also, behind the scenes the female involved will be very well financially compensated

The player cant even muster a sincere apology and he's got people like you out here taking bullets for him shameful
Jul. 24, 2021 at 8:42 a.m.

Yes, evil. Sharing sexual images of a person without their consent is evil. We also don't know if he took those images with or without her consent.

If the Sabres drafted him I'd be absolutely killing them for it.

The attempt of people to act like what he did isn't a big deal is what I am.actually upset about.
Jul. 24, 2021 at 8:43 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: JaredOfLondon
He should get a chance when he has shown he has learned from it. The victim hasnt even gotten a sincere apology from him yet.
You know what's insecure? Putting this on me to justify your defence of a disgusting act because you care about some hockey player being able to get drafted over the damage he did to that poor girl that will be with her forever

Never once did i say what he did was right, and i never once tried to justify what he did. In fact i wouldnt have had any problem if he didnt get drafted bc of it. But you make it sound like he doesnt have to deal with the justice system and that hes getting off scott free. I do see however, that since youve got nothing substantial to say you have to try to put words in my mouth. Bergevin did his due diligence and decided that hes already learnt from it. You can agree or disagree on that but the point is the person who is giving him that 2nd chance is the one who decided if hes learnt from it. He shouldnt have to show you hes learnt from it, who tf are you?
Habs4ever and Shanesaw9 liked this.
Jul. 24, 2021 at 8:45 a.m.
Flood Geologist

I played junior then coached for 23 years in the Q & O and I can tell you some crazy stories of players that did dumb things.

Two players currently in the NHL came to live with my family for a week each so we could have some talks to help them make better decisions. The age of transition from the front of your brain to the back of your brain is age 17 to 27. This is significant because our emotions and feelings are at the front of our brains.

I also work with the CHL with players needing help. It’s confidential and was put together after Terry Trafford of the Saginaw Spirit took his life.

So instead of throwing people under the bus, we teach them and surround them with loving teachable ways to make better decisions.

I agree with the sentiment of wanting to teach and guide young people to be better humans at a critical time of their life. And this kid *may* feel true remorse, but my problem with him being drafted is that he has done nothing yet to earn the right to have the support of a storied sports franchise, with its teams of lawyers and a PR people, to right his public image and craft his statements and mea culpas. Plenty of young people screw up, but few get this kind of opportunity, and this failing upwards is as likely to teach him impunity as it is to humble him. Bergevin’s responsibility is to the franchise in its entirety, its on ice and off ice brand and success – investing time in this individual, who could easily be a total bust since he is a dubious prospect quite apart from all of this, takes resources away from other areas the Habs need to work on. I think Bergevin should have traded down honestly.
Jul. 24, 2021 at 8:48 a.m.
Habs4ever
The fact that you apparently do all this work with hockey players and think that a kid who committed something like this is being thrown under the bus by people saying that he simply should grow and learn before earning the right to be drafted into the nhl is horrifying and simply further condems hockey culture like this.
You care more about kids who abuse women because they play a sport you like then you do about women and you should be ashamed

Not at all. I’m pretty strict with the players and have taken more than two dozen to meet with victims to make sure they understood the severity of their mistakes. I’ve seen some pretty big athletes breakdown and cry once they fully understood their past choices.

Then I bring them into high school classrooms to tell other about the consequences of their choices. I have retired athletes that thank me to this day for making them better husbands, fathers and citizens.
Im_islesforthecup liked this.
Jul. 24, 2021 at 8:50 a.m.
Habs4ever
The player cant even muster a sincere apology and he's got people like you out here taking bullets for him shameful

Logan will turn out to be an amazing citizen. You’re taking this extremely personal. Go for a walk, read a book. You have minimal knowledge of this. It’s sunny outside. Go feed a homeless person. Go stand in line behind a single mom at the grocery store and pay her groceries.
Jul. 24, 2021 at 8:51 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: MountRoyal
I agree with the sentiment of wanting to teach and guide young people to be better humans at a critical time of their life. And this kid *may* feel true remorse, but my problem with him being drafted is that he has done nothing yet to earn the right to have the support of a storied sports franchise, with its teams of lawyers and a PR people, to right his public image and craft his statements and mea culpas. Plenty of young people screw up, but few get this kind of opportunity, and this failing upwards is as likely to teach him impunity as it is to humble him. Bergevin’s responsibility is to the franchise in its entirety, its on ice and off ice brand and success – investing time in this individual, who could easily be a total bust since he is a dubious prospect quite apart from all of this, takes resources away from other areas the Habs need to work on. I think Bergevin should have traded down honestly.

But you dont know what went on behind the scenes. Bergevin obviously felt comfortable enough based on his converstions with mailloux and all the info they had to draft him. That tells me that bergevin obviously felt he had learnt from this incident, and until he does something else im willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.
Jul. 24, 2021 at 8:53 a.m.
Habs4ever
Yes, evil. Sharing sexual images of a person without their consent is evil. We also don't know if he took those images with or without her consent.

If the Sabres drafted him I'd be absolutely killing them for it.

The attempt of people to act like what he did isn't a big deal is what I am.actually upset about.

Gee, I better not tell you about the 3 Buffalo Bills players I counseled a few years ago or when I worked with Evander Kane.

My goodness some people are perfect on here.
Jul. 24, 2021 at 8:55 a.m.
JimmyPaek

Wow are you playing the overly outraged white knight card. Evil? The kid had consensual sex and took a picture. He already paid his price legally. He’s not a freaking rapist. Stop this nonsense
Jul. 24, 2021 at 8:57 a.m.
Habs4ever
Quoting: MountRoyal

What so many people are not aware of, is the work that has already begun to help Logan make better decisions. There is a ton of work that will be done behind the scenes with this individual and trust me he fully understands the stupidity of his mistake.
Jul. 24, 2021 at 8:59 a.m.
Gee, I better not tell you about the 3 Buffalo Bills players I counseled a few years ago or when I worked with Evander Kane.

My goodness some people are perfect on here.

I have my eyes open about athletes. Makes it harder to enjoy sports as an adult.

Never said I was perfect. But I've never taken sexual images of another person without their consent and I've never shared sexual images of another person without their consent. I've also never sexually assaulted anyone.

It's remarkably easy to not do sex crimes.

You seem like a huge part of the problem though if you help keep this stuff under the rug. I feel sorry for the women in your life.
Jul. 24, 2021 at 9:00 a.m.
Quoting: edeangel84
Wow are you playing the overly outraged white knight card. Evil? The kid had consensual sex and took a picture. He already paid his price legally. He’s not a freaking rapist. Stop this nonsense

It is outrageous. There is alot of nonsense here and none of it is coming from me.
Jul. 24, 2021 at 9:03 a.m.
Habs4ever
I have my eyes open about athletes. Makes it harder to enjoy sports as an adult.

Never said I was perfect. But I've never taken sexual images of another person without their consent and I've never shared sexual images of another person without their consent. I've also never sexually assaulted anyone.

It's remarkably easy to not do sex crimes.

You seem like a huge part of the problem though if you help keep this stuff under the rug. I feel sorry for the women in your life.

He never sexually assaulted anyone. The young lady even admitted she initiated the sexual act. As for the women in my life, my wife of 25 years says she’s had a very good life with me but thanks you for your concern!
Jul. 24, 2021 at 9:04 a.m.
Logan will turn out to be an amazing citizen. You’re taking this extremely personal. Go for a walk, read a book. You have minimal knowledge of this. It’s sunny outside. Go feed a homeless person. Go stand in line behind a single mom at the grocery store and pay her groceries.

Yeah, look at me taking the well being of a 17 year old girl who is traumatized by a hockey player personally.
You are a part of the problem, a big part. Even if all that fluff about you taking part in hockey development is a lie, which it probably is, you are an enabler and it is because of people like you standing by and pretending the abusers are the actual victims that more women and girls will be hurt and i hope it keeps you up at night
Jul. 24, 2021 at 9:05 a.m.
He never sexually assaulted anyone. The young lady even admitted she initiated the sexual act. As for the women in my life, my wife of 25 years says she’s had a very good life with me but thanks you for your concern!

Taking secret pictures of people in sexual situations is a sex crime. Sharing those pictures is a sex crime, doing any of that with someone under the age of consent is a sex crime
Jul. 24, 2021 at 9:06 a.m.
Not at all. I’m pretty strict with the players and have taken more than two dozen to meet with victims to make sure they understood the severity of their mistakes. I’ve seen some pretty big athletes breakdown and cry once they fully understood their past choices.

Then I bring them into high school classrooms to tell other about the consequences of their choices. I have retired athletes that thank me to this day for making them better husbands, fathers and citizens.

Let's pretend that this is true. Has this player done that? No? That's what i thought
Taking secret pictures of people in sexual situations is a sex crime. Sharing those pictures is a sex crime, doing any of that with someone under the age of consent is a sex crime

I know we battle on hockey trades, but it's nice to know you are a good person.
Habs4ever
Yeah, look at me taking the well being of a 17 year old girl who is traumatized by a hockey player personally.
You are a part of the problem, a big part. Even if all that fluff about you taking part in hockey development is a lie, which it probably is, you are an enabler and it is because of people like you standing by and pretending the abusers are the actual victims that more women and girls will be hurt and i hope it keeps you up at night

I wonder if I should call my good buddy Sheldon Keefe and show him how bent out of shape you are on this one.

Anyways I’m done responding to you.

Have a good day!
Jul. 24, 2021 at 9:18 a.m.
Bedard23
Quoting: crankshaft
He made a mistake AND pulled himself from the draft, that's what bugs me as well that MTL still had the audacity to draft him knowing that the whole NHL would frown upon it. It looks really bad particularly with the Chicago scandal (marc was there when it happened) and the fact they allegedly tried to get DeAngelo. This org needs to really look itself in the mirror, what an embarrassment.

I mean you can’t pull yourself from the draft your team needs to renounce your rights
I wonder if I should call my good buddy Sheldon Keefe and show him how bent out of shape you are on this one.

Anyways I’m done responding to you.

Have a good day!

Of course you're done, you think "someday he might be sorry so it's ok now" is some sort of meaningful pontificating. Pathetic in, pathetic out
I know we battle on hockey trades, but it's nice to know you are a good person.

Thanks, you too.
Jul. 24, 2021 at 9:32 a.m.
In Zito We Trust
Just a heads up pals, she was 18 not 17

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll