Forums/Armchair-GM

Offseason continues

Created by: digitalbath
Team: 2021-22 Detroit Red Wings
Initial Creation Date: Jul. 25, 2021
Published: Jul. 25, 2021
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
I would also consider bringing in Tony Deangelo on the very cheap but i didnt add that because im sure Yzerman would never consider it, and even if he did Tony D will have better offers than im willing to give.

I think the Tampa Trade is negotiable, but i am reading they are nearing a buy out on Johnson, this avoids them trading a 1st, and gives us prospects to create even better depth without giving up the farm. Anyone who instantly says "no because of Hugo" think about shedding 5m for 3 years.. AND what it looks like if you buy him out..

Stralman gets an identical trade to when Staal had 1 year left at basically 5.5m a year.

I left some additional money incase someone argues Vrana and Bert or someone wants more than what i gave.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
3$4,500,000
3$4,500,000
1$900,000
1$900,000
1$900,000
3$5,000,000
2$1,500,000
1$1,000,000
2$1,000,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
1$2,000,000
1$2,000,000
1$1,250,000
1$950,000
Trades
DET
  1. Strålman, Anton
  2. 2023 2nd round pick (FLA)
FLA
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the COL
Logo of the VGK
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
21$81,500,000$70,534,723$0$850,000$10,965,277
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Detroit Red Wings
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LW
UFA - 3
$6,100,000$6,100,000
C
UFA - 2
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$2,950,000$2,950,000
LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
$5,000,000$5,000,000
RW, C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW, LW
RFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
RW, LW
UFA
$1,460,000$1,460,000
LW, C
UFA - 3
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LW, RW, C
UFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$1,250,000$1,250,000
C
UFA
$2,000,000$2,000,000
C, RW, LW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$2,750,000$2,750,000
LD
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
RD
RFA - 3
$3,600,000$3,600,000
G
UFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 1
$1,700,000$1,700,000
RD
UFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
G
UFA - 2
Logo of the Florida Panthers
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
RD
RFA - 2
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 25, 2021 at 7:31 p.m.
I think Tampa would rather buy him out than do that.
Boltsbeathabs and aedoran liked this.
Jul. 25, 2021 at 7:34 p.m.
Banned
Why would Detroit have any interest in Stralman? he's a RD we don't need Moritz Seider will be 100% in the lineup we don't need either Stralman or DeAngelo taking up Seider's spot.
aedoran liked this.
Jul. 25, 2021 at 7:36 p.m.
I would love to see that Tampa return but I don't think it happens, I'm guessing they at most give up a first round pick. The buy out for him isn't that great I feel their best option is a trade, and he could fill a hole in Detroit. Wouldn't mind seeing that Stralman deal but we have a few RD for this season.
aedoran liked this.
Jul. 25, 2021 at 7:37 p.m.
Edited Jul. 25, 2021 at 7:54 p.m.
Buy out saves 3.5 . TB keeps very young valuable assets.
Julien Briesbois has on numerous occasions said Hugo isn't available now I know that's GM speak for it'll cost more than most are willing to pay that isn't it.
There's no chance in hell Yzermann brings in douchebag DeAngelo
aedoran liked this.
Jul. 25, 2021 at 7:42 p.m.
Quoting: DiehardRedWingsFan58
Why would Detroit have any interest in Stralman? he's a RD we don't need Moritz Seider will be 100% in the lineup we don't need either Stralman or DeAngelo taking up Seider's spot.

Because we get an additional 2nd, and have the option to trade him with retained salary for even more, additionally Detroit is notorious for slow growth, so i dont anticipate Seider in the bigs for the full season... AND even if he was as ready as we hope, we can buy out Dekeyser and its still worth the additional assets from taking Stralman, FLA looks like theyre spending to the cap, so full 5.5 is worth a 2nd.
aedoran liked this.
Jul. 25, 2021 at 8:34 p.m.
Quoting: Lancebmx
I would love to see that Tampa return but I don't think it happens, I'm guessing they at most give up a first round pick. The buy out for him isn't that great I feel their best option is a trade, and he could fill a hole in Detroit. Wouldn't mind seeing that Stralman deal but we have a few RD for this season.

If all it took to get rid of him was a first, he'd be gone already. They've been willing to part with that for a long time now.
Lancebmx liked this.
Jul. 25, 2021 at 8:37 p.m.
Quoting: RedWing9119
If all it took to get rid of him was a first, he'd be gone already. They've been willing to part with that for a long time now.

I feel like this ask is very reasonable all things considered. They arguably have the best goalie in the league for many years to come. A goalie prospect is not that insanely valuable and the other kid is more nhl ready but doesn’t screw up their roster or even take the 1sr rounder
RedWing9119 liked this.
Jul. 25, 2021 at 9:00 p.m.
Quoting: digitalbath
I feel like this ask is very reasonable all things considered. They arguably have the best goalie in the league for many years to come. A goalie prospect is not that insanely valuable and the other kid is more nhl ready but doesn’t screw up their roster or even take the 1sr rounder

Yeah I don't disagree but replace Barre Boulet with a 1st and I think it's more likely something they think about. There is also one annoying Tampa fan on here who swears they will never trade Alnefelt so who knows?
Jul. 25, 2021 at 9:34 p.m.
Yeah I don't disagree but replace Barre Boulet with a 1st and I think it's more likely something they think about. There is also one annoying Tampa fan on here who swears they will never trade Alnefelt so who knows?

And there are many ANNOYING Detroit fans on here that think they'll just give him away so who knows
Jul. 25, 2021 at 9:47 p.m.

After the recent events, do we need Alnefelt? Nedeljokvic so far has proven to be quite reliable, Cossa is still quite a few years away but if we can sign another veteran back up next season we should be good. That said I would love to have him in the system cause the more high end goalie prospects the better.
RedWing9119 liked this.
Jul. 25, 2021 at 10:03 p.m.
Quoting: Boltsbeathabs
And there are many ANNOYING Detroit fans on here that think they'll just give him away so who knows

Sure bud. Whatever gets you through the day.
Jul. 25, 2021 at 10:10 p.m.
Sure bud. Whatever gets you through the day.

So Julien Briesbois is a liar is that what you are saying? I tend to take people at there word until they give reason not to Briesbois doesn't say anything if he's wanting to hide **** so when he does make comments I believe him.
Jul. 25, 2021 at 10:28 p.m.
Quoting: Lancebmx
After the recent events, do we need Alnefelt? Nedeljokvic so far has proven to be quite reliable, Cossa is still quite a few years away but if we can sign another veteran back up next season we should be good. That said I would love to have him in the system cause the more high end goalie prospects the better.

I would say yes, Ned looks good, sure. Cossa? hes never played a single NHL game and neither has Hugo, so its absolutely worth adding to the depth, and I would argue Goalie more than any other position needs healthy Competition to get the best out of the player.
Jul. 25, 2021 at 10:48 p.m.
So Julien Briesbois is a liar is that what you are saying? I tend to take people at there word until they give reason not to Briesbois doesn't say anything if he's wanting to hide **** so when he does make comments I believe him.

Well now we know who you are don't we? Still waiting on that proof...
Jul. 25, 2021 at 10:59 p.m.
Stralman & Staal are similar but there’s two differences. First, Staal cost 3.2M while Stralman is 4.5M. Second, Staal played a position we needed to fill and I don’t know where Stralman slots with Hronek, Seider, Stetcher, and Lindstrom taking the RD spots. That being said I think it would cost more than Staal.

Buy out saves 3.5 . TB keeps very young valuable assets.
Julien Briesbois has on numerous occasions said Hugo isn't available now I know that's GM speak for it'll cost more than most are willing to pay that isn't it.
There's no chance in hell Yzermann brings in douchebag DeAngelo

When did JB say this about Hugo? I’ve asked a couple TB fans but they never can say or provide the source.
Jul. 25, 2021 at 11:13 p.m.
Quoting: BStinson
Stralman & Staal are similar but there’s two differences. First, Staal cost 3.2M while Stralman is 4.5M. Second, Staal played a position we needed to fill and I don’t know where Stralman slots with Hronek, Seider, Stetcher, and Lindstrom taking the RD spots. That being said I think it would cost more than Staal.

When did JB say this about Hugo? I’ve asked a couple TB fans but they never can say or provide the source.

I mean im not sure whether Staal had already been paid his signing bonus when we took him, but he had 1 year at 5.7 cap hit. Stralman has 1 year with 5.5 I'm fairly certain if the bonuses or actual paid salary are not an issue for Detroit. So if you take that out of consideration, how is asking for a 2nd any different?

I understand what you are saying about the actual roster spot but Lindstrom is barely ready for a bottom pairing, and again we really arent sure about Seider being full time, or really even Dekeysers health with him being out constantly, I dont see how this would be anything more than a salary dump for FLA and then allowing us to create depth and flip him when ready. It seems like a decent deal
Jul. 26, 2021 at 1:18 a.m.
I mean im not sure whether Staal had already been paid his signing bonus when we took him, but he had 1 year at 5.7 cap hit. Stralman has 1 year with 5.5 I'm fairly certain if the bonuses or actual paid salary are not an issue for Detroit. So if you take that out of consideration, how is asking for a 2nd any different?

I understand what you are saying about the actual roster spot but Lindstrom is barely ready for a bottom pairing, and again we really arent sure about Seider being full time, or really even Dekeysers health with him being out constantly, I dont see how this would be anything more than a salary dump for FLA and then allowing us to create depth and flip him when ready. It seems like a decent deal

$1M signing bonus $4.5M actual salary. Staal was only $3.2M and filled a position of need. Lindstrom played pretty good at the end of last year, I think he deserves a shot at fighting for a roster spot, Seider might be too good for AHL, that said still unknown.
Florida also got themselves in a bit of cap trouble by trading for Reinhart, that said I would want a bit more on return, maybe just a fourth to go along with it.
Maybe we try and help them for next year to and take verhaege off their hands as well, next season they are going to be in big trouble with the cap with barkov and a bunch of other decent players needing deals.
Or we could try and not help them for a chance to sign barkov as a UFA.
Jul. 26, 2021 at 7:58 a.m.

Why do you think salaries aren’t a concern for Detroit? You can look at it a multitude of ways. First being that we know teams have internal budgets thus increasing the cost to move. We’ve seen Yzerman buy out Abdelkader to save actual cash and prolong the cap hit instead burying the contract. It’s important to note, Yzerman wasn’t up against the cap when he made that move. The second is Yzerman actually wanted Staal for his leadership and he filled a roster spot which is why he also just brought him back. Third being you’re proposing a pick 2 years away while the Staal was the next draft.

In terms of roster spots, Seider just won SHL defensemen of the year and has grown his game every year. Yzerman during the press conference for the Leddy trade essentially said he acquired him to help stabilize the left side to play with a young/prospect. So given who we have signed on the left and right side I don’t see Stralman as really getting a shot like Staal did which is why I said it would cost more. As for Lindstrom he played well to finish the year and is a developing into a defensive d that plays a calm game and has been mentioned as getting more of an opportunity.

I’m not saying it would cost a Lundell/first round pick + to move him but rather something like 2020 second round pick + 2023 third or fourth.
Jul. 26, 2021 at 5:33 p.m.

I heard that clip on a radio show Dave Mishkin does back in late March early April
Jul. 26, 2021 at 6:56 p.m.
Why do you think salaries aren’t a concern for Detroit? You can look at it a multitude of ways. First being that we know teams have internal budgets thus increasing the cost to move. We’ve seen Yzerman buy out Abdelkader to save actual cash and prolong the cap hit instead burying the contract. It’s important to note, Yzerman wasn’t up against the cap when he made that move. The second is Yzerman actually wanted Staal for his leadership and he filled a roster spot which is why he also just brought him back. Third being you’re proposing a pick 2 years away while the Staal was the next draft.

In terms of roster spots, Seider just won SHL defensemen of the year and has grown his game every year. Yzerman during the press conference for the Leddy trade essentially said he acquired him to help stabilize the left side to play with a young/prospect. So given who we have signed on the left and right side I don’t see Stralman as really getting a shot like Staal did which is why I said it would cost more. As for Lindstrom he played well to finish the year and is a developing into a defensive d that plays a calm game and has been mentioned as getting more of an opportunity.

I’m not saying it would cost a Lundell/first round pick + to move him but rather something like 2020 second round pick + 2023 third or fourth.

I would like to take on more assets, but i would rather be conservative and ask for what i believed was realistic, maybe a 2nd and 4th is more realistic. I do believe Yzerman has the green light to spend whatever money is necessary to build a champion. I dont have it quoted but its been heavily implied on radio and interviews that he has "autonomous" control and likely wouldnt have taken the job had he not.

, I dont think he bought out Abby for money, it was because that contract was trash and he was a dead roster spot, he needed open more than the cash was concerned. More importantly the sooner hes bought out the sooner that trash contract is off the books so in years to come he will in fact have the cap to spend.
Jul. 26, 2021 at 7:03 p.m.
I heard that clip on a radio show Dave Mishkin does back in late March early April

Thanks, I’ll have to dig that up. You’re the first to actually list a source.

I would like to take on more assets, but i would rather be conservative and ask for what i believed was realistic, maybe a 2nd and 4th is more realistic. I do believe Yzerman has the green light to spend whatever money is necessary to build a champion. I dont have it quoted but its been heavily implied on radio and interviews that he has "autonomous" control and likely wouldnt have taken the job had he not.

, I dont think he bought out Abby for money, it was because that contract was trash and he was a dead roster spot, he needed open more than the cash was concerned. More importantly the sooner hes bought out the sooner that trash contract is off the books so in years to come he will in fact have the cap to spend.

Having autonomous control doesn’t mean there necessarily isn’t an internal budget. The Gator buyout saved cash and just prolonged the cap. I’d understand the buyout as a point there wasn’t an internal budget if he used the cap but he didn’t. He could’ve also been buried so a roster spot isn’t a sticking point. So my rationale is it came down to he wasn’t effective player in Yzerman’s eyes and he’d rather save a little bit of cash at the expense of later cap. Probably won’t be an issue as the core of the team will be cost controlled. Ironically, Stralman was just moved for Kolyachonok (second rounder) + second round pick for a 7th.
Jul. 26, 2021 at 7:43 p.m.
Thanks, I’ll have to dig that up. You’re the first to actually list a source.

Having autonomous control doesn’t mean there necessarily isn’t an internal budget. The Gator buyout saved cash and just prolonged the cap. I’d understand the buyout as a point there wasn’t an internal budget if he used the cap but he didn’t. He could’ve also been buried so a roster spot isn’t a sticking point. So my rationale is it came down to he wasn’t effective player in Yzerman’s eyes and he’d rather save a little bit of cash at the expense of later cap. Probably won’t be an issue as the core of the team will be cost controlled. Ironically, Stralman was just moved for Kolyachonok (second rounder) + second round pick for a 7th.

So you were ore right than me, took more than a 2nd.
Jul. 26, 2021 at 8:01 p.m.
So you were ore right than me, took more than a 2nd.

Doesn’t always happen. Just try to use comps to establish a market. Sometimes teams undersell like the Ladd to Arizona deal but maybe they know he’s LTIR bound soon.
Jul. 26, 2021 at 8:09 p.m.
Doesn’t always happen. Just try to use comps to establish a market. Sometimes teams undersell like the Ladd to Arizona deal but maybe they know he’s LTIR bound soon.

Either way wish we had taken that deal.
Jul. 26, 2021 at 8:21 p.m.
Either way wish we had taken that deal.

Yeah, 2x second rounders value wise is a-okay with me.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll