RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$894,167$894,167
LD
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
RD
RFA - 1
$4,000,000$4,000,000
G
UFA - 4
$725,000$725,000
LD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 26, 2021 at 7:25 p.m.
Brace for the Storm
1-Granlund isn't a center
2-Kerfoot isn't replaced on the PK
3-too much $$ spent on G and the F depth still isn't great. Bunting is unproven, Kase sucks and as previously mentioned you play a non center at center
4-Robertson is likely making the team
OldNYIfan liked this.
Jul. 26, 2021 at 7:31 p.m.
VAN declines, no room and no need for Kerfoot. Now your over the cap
OldNYIfan liked this.
Jul. 26, 2021 at 7:50 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: KakkoForMauriceRichardAward
3-too much $$ spent on G and the F depth still isn't great. Bunting is unproven, Kase sucks and as previously mentioned you play a non center at center

But Bunting played on a different team, that means he's better than anyone on TO. Same with Suter, one season of moderate success on one of the worst teams in the league means he's amazing and we need to spend 4.5 million on two guys who are no bodies. These armchair GM's are getting worse and worse
Jul. 26, 2021 at 11:03 p.m.
Quoting: KakkoForMauriceRichardAward

Granlund is literally listed as a center and took nearly 500 faceoffs last season. Yeah that not top in the league but demonstrates he played a lot down the middle last season. Dubas said in his press conference that Goalie is a top priority and idk how you can find a decent one that is cheap. Kase is good, just often injured. With the leafs medical staff he would hopefully be able to perform in a bottom 6 role
Jul. 26, 2021 at 11:07 p.m.
Quoting: PleaseBanMeForMyOwnGood
But Bunting played on a different team, that means he's better than anyone on TO. Same with Suter, one season of moderate success on one of the worst teams in the league means he's amazing and we need to spend 4.5 million on two guys who are no bodies. These armchair GM's are getting worse and worse

It never says that Bunting is the best player on the team. He had a good stretch and hopefully you can plug and play someone cheap next to AM and MM and contributes. And yeah Suter had a pretty good season last season and is 25 years old, there would be a market place for him. Plus evolving hockeys model has him at 3.2 for 2 years so i Actually went cheaper. They arent nobodies just because you arent aware of who they are. Also, just because you dont like it doesnt mean you can be an asshole. How about you make some points instead of some hyperbolic straw man arguments
Jul. 26, 2021 at 11:17 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: EnKay29
It never says that Bunting is the best player on the team. He had a good stretch and hopefully you can plug and play someone cheap next to AM and MM and contributes. And yeah Suter had a pretty good season last season and is 25 years old, there would be a market place for him. Plus evolving hockeys model has him at 3.2 for 2 years so i Actually went cheaper. They arent nobodies just because you arent aware of who they are. Also, just because you dont like it doesnt mean you can be an asshole. How about you make some points instead of some hyperbolic straw man arguments

Kerfoot had accomplished alot more than either of these guys and many think his contract is bad. Cap space is incredibly valuable and giving two guys with zero track record 4.5 million of your cap space is just irresponsible in the current climate.
Jul. 26, 2021 at 11:24 p.m.
Banned

Bunting has as much a chance of being a 4th liner or even an AHL player as he does of being a plug and play 1st liner. I'd wager it's more likely he's barely an NHL player. So to give him 1.5 is ridiculous. If someone else does, they can afford him not panning out. TO literally can't afford that happening. Give him close to the league min and it makes a lot more sense. As for the other guy, I'll reference Kerfoot again, he was supposed to be the answer for 3C and that certainly hasn't worked. But this guy who had one good season on a bad team is probably going to be it. He definitely won't be exposed when he's now a bottom 6 player on a much better team. It's a risk the Leafs can't afford. Find a bargain, then absolutely I would give these guys a shot but for this price it's wildly risky.
Jul. 27, 2021 at 12:17 a.m.
Idk what youre reading but I gave Bunting 1 million. Suter makes 3 million, that combined 4 not 4.5. That is 500k more than kerfoot alone. I agree Bunting is not a top line player. However, the leafs cannot afford to pay a top line player to line up next AM and MM like a landeskog. Bunting put up really good counting and possession stats in his short stint in the NHL and has been a prominent player in the AHL. This is similar to what Marchessault did before he broke out in Florida. I belive they were both the same age and free agents when that happened. Plus, he is making 1 million dollars. That is nothing, you can put him in the minors and it doesnt go towards the cap so the leafs can actually afford that. It is a worth while gamble in case he can maintain what he did in his short stint last season and plays well next to the the star players, then you get a solid player for 1 million on the dot. For Suter, yeah he has played 1 year in the nhl but he was better than kerfoot. Plus, how would he be exposed playing further down the lineup on a better team? If anything you think he would do better going up against worst competition. Cap space is valuable, youre right. Bunting is a flyer that cost nothing who you hope can play well enough where he doesnt slow down the stars and you get a kerfoot replacement cheaper and better. I am failing to see how this doesnt make sense if anything they will get more money in free agency.
Jul. 27, 2021 at 12:18 a.m.
Quoting: PleaseBanMeForMyOwnGood
Bunting has as much a chance of being a 4th liner or even an AHL player as he does of being a plug and play 1st liner. I'd wager it's more likely he's barely an NHL player. So to give him 1.5 is ridiculous. If someone else does, they can afford him not panning out. TO literally can't afford that happening. Give him close to the league min and it makes a lot more sense. As for the other guy, I'll reference Kerfoot again, he was supposed to be the answer for 3C and that certainly hasn't worked. But this guy who had one good season on a bad team is probably going to be it. He definitely won't be exposed when he's now a bottom 6 player on a much better team. It's a risk the Leafs can't afford. Find a bargain, then absolutely I would give these guys a shot but for this price it's wildly risky.

Idk what youre reading but I gave Bunting 1 million. Suter makes 3 million, that combined 4 not 4.5. That is 500k more than kerfoot alone. I agree Bunting is not a top line player. However, the leafs cannot afford to pay a top line player to line up next AM and MM like a landeskog. Bunting put up really good counting and possession stats in his short stint in the NHL and has been a prominent player in the AHL. This is similar to what Marchessault did before he broke out in Florida. I belive they were both the same age and free agents when that happened. Plus, he is making 1 million dollars. That is nothing, you can put him in the minors and it doesnt go towards the cap so the leafs can actually afford that. It is a worth while gamble in case he can maintain what he did in his short stint last season and plays well next to the the star players, then you get a solid player for 1 million on the dot. For Suter, yeah he has played 1 year in the nhl but he was better than kerfoot. Plus, how would he be exposed playing further down the lineup on a better team? If anything you think he would do better going up against worst competition. Cap space is valuable, youre right. Bunting is a flyer that cost nothing who you hope can play well enough where he doesnt slow down the stars and you get a kerfoot replacement cheaper and better. I am failing to see how this doesnt make sense if anything they will get more money in free agency
Jul. 27, 2021 at 6:45 a.m.
Banned
Idk what youre reading but I gave Bunting 1 million. Suter makes 3 million, that combined 4 not 4.5. That is 500k more than kerfoot alone. I agree Bunting is not a top line player. However, the leafs cannot afford to pay a top line player to line up next AM and MM like a landeskog. Bunting put up really good counting and possession stats in his short stint in the NHL and has been a prominent player in the AHL. This is similar to what Marchessault did before he broke out in Florida. I belive they were both the same age and free agents when that happened. Plus, he is making 1 million dollars. That is nothing, you can put him in the minors and it doesnt go towards the cap so the leafs can actually afford that. It is a worth while gamble in case he can maintain what he did in his short stint last season and plays well next to the the star players, then you get a solid player for 1 million on the dot. For Suter, yeah he has played 1 year in the nhl but he was better than kerfoot. Plus, how would he be exposed playing further down the lineup on a better team? If anything you think he would do better going up against worst competition. Cap space is valuable, youre right. Bunting is a flyer that cost nothing who you hope can play well enough where he doesnt slow down the stars and you get a kerfoot replacement cheaper and better. I am failing to see how this doesnt make sense if anything they will get more money in free agency

Suter had more points than Kerfoot but to say he was better is ridiculous. This is just the typical everyone is better from a different team let's go crazy and throw money around.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll