SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Montreal Canadiens

LOGON MAILOUX

Jul. 27, 2021 at 12:10 a.m.
HAbSFAN
What do people think of this pick. I think that if Mailoux reforms as a person this is a very good pick.
Jul. 27, 2021 at 12:13 a.m.
Quoting: HABSFAN777
What do people think of this pick. I think that if Mailoux reforms as a person this is a very good pick.

I think this is a good pick
That’s exactly what we need, a big offensive RHD
He made a mistake, he learned from it
that_onehabsfan and A_Habs_fan liked this.
Jul. 27, 2021 at 12:14 a.m.
HAbSFAN
I agree
Poehling liked this.
Jul. 27, 2021 at 6:32 a.m.
It’s not as bad people make it out to be, it’s a bit of a reach yeah and he is a “criminal” sure but he paid his fine, by putting the statement he showed he was on the right path and we do need RD
Jul. 27, 2021 at 9:23 a.m.
"In a Daily Faceoff report, Mailloux was quoted as telling Swedish police investigators that he believed the woman wanted to “ruin his life.” Multiple sources told The Athletic that in interviews with some NHL teams, Mailloux has portrayed the woman as vindictive." https://theathletic.com/2716093/2021/07/20/woman-victimized-by-nhl-prospect-in-sweden-all-i-wanted-was-a-heartfelt-apology/?article_source=search&search_query=mailloux

Not sure that's an example of someone that "learned from it". The $ punishment badly represents the damage to the victim. That may seem harmless, but that can ****ing hurt someone psychologically. Just paying a few hundreds $ can't solve this

If MTL felt like he really showed a more mature of himself after that (like his statement), I can understand that. It seems like other teams had him on their radar. With Miller (ARI pick they eventually renounced) "teams that asked Miller about the incident before the draft felt he did not show the appropriate level of remorse or take responsibility for what he did." It doesnt seem like other teams felt like that
A_Habs_fan and HawaiianPig liked this.
Jul. 27, 2021 at 9:37 a.m.
Quoting: pinslack
"In a Daily Faceoff report, Mailloux was quoted as telling Swedish police investigators that he believed the woman wanted to “ruin his life.” Multiple sources told The Athletic that in interviews with some NHL teams, Mailloux has portrayed the woman as vindictive." https://theathletic.com/2716093/2021/07/20/woman-victimized-by-nhl-prospect-in-sweden-all-i-wanted-was-a-heartfelt-apology/?article_source=search&search_query=mailloux

Not sure that's an example of someone that "learned from it". The $ punishment badly represents the damage to the victim. That may seem harmless, but that can ****ing hurt someone psychologically. Just paying a few hundreds $ can't solve this

If MTL felt like he really showed a more mature of himself after that (like his statement), I can understand that. It seems like other teams had him on their radar. With Miller (ARI pick they eventually renounced) "teams that asked Miller about the incident before the draft felt he did not show the appropriate level of remorse or take responsibility for what he did." It doesnt seem like other teams felt like that

You can’t compare what Miller and Mailloux did, they both did bad things but Miller’s actions were a lot worse, also yeah Mailloux statement makes it seem like he’s learned and imo helped him regain maturity in the eyes of others
Jul. 27, 2021 at 9:39 a.m.
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
You can’t compare what Miller and Mailloux did, they both did bad things but Miller’s actions were a lot worse, also yeah Mailloux statement makes it seem like he’s learned and imo helped him regain maturity in the eyes of others

Miller was 13 tho. We all did ****ed up things at around this age. The real deal is how they deal with the aftermath
A_Habs_fan liked this.
Jul. 27, 2021 at 11:11 a.m.
Bedard23
We all know how talented he is if he didn’t do what he did he could’ve gone top 15
Jul. 27, 2021 at 11:26 a.m.
Quoting: IconicHawk
We all know how talented he is if he didn’t do what he did he could’ve gone top 15

I had Mailloux before the incident as a 2nd

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll