Forums/Armchair-GM

FA signings

Created by: Feelers4Ehlers
Team: 2021-22 Winnipeg Jets
Initial Creation Date: Jul. 27, 2021
Published: Jul. 27, 2021
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
I had to subtract Armia because he just signed an extension with Montreal.

Updated as the signings have been happening.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
7$5,125,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$750,000
2$750,000
2$750,000
2$1,000,000
1$950,000
1$850,000
1$1,925,000
1$1,250,000
CREATEDYEARSCAP HIT
Schmidt, Nate
4$5,950,000
Trades
VAN
  1. Copp, Andrew [RFA Rights]
  2. Stanley, Logan [RFA Rights]
  3. 2023 1st round pick (WPG)
WPG
  1. 2023 6th round pick (ARI)
ARI
  1. Beaulieu, Nathan
  2. 2022 3rd round pick (WPG)
WPG
  1. 2022 3rd round pick (NSH)
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the ARI
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$84,860,479$145,122$57,500-$3,360,479
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
$7,142,857$7,142,857
LW
UFA - 5
$6,125,000$6,125,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RW, LW
UFA - 4
$5,000,000$5,000,000
C
UFA - 1
Logo of the Vancouver Canucks
$5,875,000$5,875,000
RW
UFA - 1
$3,750,000$3,750,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$3,250,000$3,250,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 5
$8,250,000$8,250,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 3
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LW, RW, C
UFA - 1
$817,500$817,500 (Performance Bonus$57,500$58K)
LW, C
RFA - 1
$1,925,000$1,925,000
RW
UFA - 1
$1,250,000$1,250,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,250,000$6,250,000
LD
UFA - 7
Schmidt, Nate
$5,950,000$5,950,000
$6,166,667$6,166,667
G
UFA - 3
$3,900,000$3,900,000
LD
UFA - 3
$5,125,000$5,125,000
RD
UFA - 4
$750,000$750,000
G
UFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$863,333$863,333
LD
RFA - 3
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$750,000$750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$5,291,667$5,291,667
C, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$725,000$725,000
LW
UFA - 1
$850,000$850,000
RW, C
UFA

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 27, 2021 at 1:03 p.m.
Canucks laugh and hang up. Not even close to enough for Boeser, not to mention trading him and not getting a competent forward back would open a massive hole in our T6. Jokeworthy.
TheAlien liked this.
Jul. 27, 2021 at 1:09 p.m.
Ex Nucks fan
Stop trolling lmao. You really think Canucks trade Boeser for your scraps?
TheAlien liked this.
Jul. 27, 2021 at 1:40 p.m.
HAHA. Scraps?? For the past 3 years of me living in BC there have been rumours of the Canucks looking to trade Boeser. For there to be rumours year after year the saying where there is smoke there is fire applies here. This package from the Jets helps the Canucks shed some cap to be able to sign Petey and Quinn. Dhaliwal has been reporting on Twitter that the Canucks are concerned about a possible offer sheet for Petey. If that happens Boeser becomes your best asset to trade for multiple pieces. Copp is a great middle six. The Canucks struggled shutting down other teams. Copp can do that on the 3rd line and with Green's system he might be a really good 2nd line winger with Bo and Hoglander. Stanley gives the canucks some size and more youth on the left side. Rathbone is there I know but Stanley has NHL games already and Rathbone might need a few extra games in Abbotsford before making it to the NHL. Stanley and Copp both would cost less that Boeser would so I think this really helps the Canucks.
OlegP liked this.
Jul. 27, 2021 at 2:26 p.m.
This is a chaotic one lol.

Like that Boeser trade. Not sure how much more we'd have to add. NHL trade values never make sense and Canucks fans clearly don't realize Copp's value. That package isn't a bad starting point though IMO.

I don't get down with buying out Wheeler though. Not yet. Maybe in a year or two but he's still a productive player. He played injured all last year and it showed - I'd just try and give him less ice time this year and play him on a line with some guys who actually play defense (pretty much anyone other than Scheifele and Connor lol).

Also I don't like playing Stastny on that checking line. He's gotta be a scoring line and ideally he should be playing center. In an ideal world IMO, he's our 3C for a scoring line and Lowry's our 4C for our checking line.
Feelers4Ehlers liked this.
Jul. 27, 2021 at 4:57 p.m.
Quoting: jbjb
This is a chaotic one lol.

Like that Boeser trade. Not sure how much more we'd have to add. NHL trade values never make sense and Canucks fans clearly don't realize Copp's value. That package isn't a bad starting point though IMO.

I don't get down with buying out Wheeler though. Not yet. Maybe in a year or two but he's still a productive player. He played injured all last year and it showed - I'd just try and give him less ice time this year and play him on a line with some guys who actually play defense (pretty much anyone other than Scheifele and Connor lol).

Also I don't like playing Stastny on that checking line. He's gotta be a scoring line and ideally he should be playing center. In an ideal world IMO, he's our 3C for a scoring line and Lowry's our 4C for our checking line.

I really appreciate your feedback.

The only thing I could see adding to the Boeser deal is maybe another pick or a guy like Harkins. Copp is a big piece that they will have control over the next few years. Same with Stanley. Also gives them size and defense to shut down other teams top players which the Canucks struggled with last year. And that was only with the Canadian teams. Not teams like Colorado, Vegas, Boston, Tampa Bay.

I'm not prepared to give Wheeler another year of no defense hockey. I don't want him playing with PLD because we don't want PLD to pick up the same traits as Schiefele has from playing with Wheeler. Schiefele was a dominate centre before Wheeler became really crappy defensively. Now it seems like Schiefele can coast as well because he sees his linemate and captain coasting and not picking up his defensive responsibilities. Wheeler can't defend so he can't play 3rd line. And having a guy who is getting paid $8M+ play on the 4th line is embarassing. That is like the Canucks had with Erikksson and look how that went. So I think Wheeler should be bought out now so that we can bring some other guys in and try and bring this club back into contention.

I thought hard about Stastny on the 3rd line. I looked at it as if you needed to get some more offense from the 3rd line this is the line to do it with. Stastny is a very intelligent player and he would bring alot of value to that 3rd line. Also you could move him up and down the lineup easily. The lineup would be tough to defend against because you could have so many different looks. Also the only reason I don't like Lowry being on the 4th line is because I want Gustafsson to get his shot as an every day NHLer.
Jul. 27, 2021 at 5:01 p.m.
Banned
They overpaid for Dillon because Winnipeg cant attract free agents unless there's already familiarity like Stastny. Savard, Hoffman will be offered much better deals elsewhere. Armia you'd have to pay more. He'll get above 3m, would need to be 4m in Winnipeg
Jul. 27, 2021 at 5:04 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Feelers4Ehlers
HAHA. Scraps?? For the past 3 years of me living in BC there have been rumours of the Canucks looking to trade Boeser. For there to be rumours year after year the saying where there is smoke there is fire applies here. This package from the Jets helps the Canucks shed some cap to be able to sign Petey and Quinn. Dhaliwal has been reporting on Twitter that the Canucks are concerned about a possible offer sheet for Petey. If that happens Boeser becomes your best asset to trade for multiple pieces. Copp is a great middle six. The Canucks struggled shutting down other teams. Copp can do that on the 3rd line and with Green's system he might be a really good 2nd line winger with Bo and Hoglander. Stanley gives the canucks some size and more youth on the left side. Rathbone is there I know but Stanley has NHL games already and Rathbone might need a few extra games in Abbotsford before making it to the NHL. Stanley and Copp both would cost less that Boeser would so I think this really helps the Canucks.

Boeser trade is fine. I've seen much much worse on this site. Blows my mind when ppl overact to reasonable trades like this. Like keep it in your pants! Would i make this trade if i was JB, no! But if he's available with their cap constraints and needs, whom knows
Jul. 27, 2021 at 5:33 p.m.
Quoting: OlegP
They overpaid for Dillon because Winnipeg cant attract free agents unless there's already familiarity like Stastny. Savard, Hoffman will be offered much better deals elsewhere. Armia you'd have to pay more. He'll get above 3m, would need to be 4m in Winnipeg

I agree that they overpaid a little bit to get Dillion. But I understand it from Chevy's view. WPG needed to get another LH shot defenseman and they struck out with Schmidt (wants to be in the USA because of potential travel restrictions). Armia was in Winnipeg once before but fell victim to the Jets unloading a bad contract with the Steve Mason trade to Montreal. So I think he would sign back in Winnipeg for market value. With regards to Hoffman and Savard, I think the AAV for the players is close to what they will get. But I think they won't get more than 2 years. But both of them being 30 and I offered them longer term deals that might entice them to sign in Winnipeg. But this is just for fun and to start discussions about what we would like to see or what we think might happen. I like this stuff.
Jul. 27, 2021 at 5:48 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Feelers4Ehlers
I agree that they overpaid a little bit to get Dillion. But I understand it from Chevy's view. WPG needed to get another LH shot defenseman and they struck out with Schmidt (wants to be in the USA because of potential travel restrictions). Armia was in Winnipeg once before but fell victim to the Jets unloading a bad contract with the Steve Mason trade to Montreal. So I think he would sign back in Winnipeg for market value. With regards to Hoffman and Savard, I think the AAV for the players is close to what they will get. But I think they won't get more than 2 years. But both of them being 30 and I offered them longer term deals that might entice them to sign in Winnipeg. But this is just for fun and to start discussions about what we would like to see or what we think might happen. I like this stuff.

Agreed but any fan in these Canadian markets should lower their expectations. Players simply don't want to sign in Canada and it's been widely reported by player agents that Edmonton and Winnipeg are on every no trade list.
Savard will easily get long term probably 5x5. Big, physical D are going for a premium right now. Hoffman will be at 5 AAV but you may be right that the term is low. Hoffman was offered 5M by Montreal last offseason but turned it down for 4M in St Louis. This has been reported by sources.

It was an overpay for Dillon but thats not a bad thing, you need to overpay for what you want! I don't think Ron Francis understands this concept. You can win the value game all you want but that doesnt put pucks in the net. It's kind of like marrying a woman. You're most likely not getting value back there but that's the cost of doing 'business'
Jul. 27, 2021 at 5:59 p.m.
Banned
Armia just signed for 3.4M

Your UFAs prices are just too low

Edit: Good. You just changed them

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll