SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Trades

(EDM/CAR) - Bear for Foegele

Who won the trade?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Jul. 28, 2021 at 12:14 p.m.
What the heck is this trade? Ken Holland intentionally sabotaging the Oilers?
JackAce91 liked this.
Jul. 28, 2021 at 12:14 p.m.
Quoting: Dzinger18
Huge dub for the Canes. I guess Bear can slot in beside Slavin and he's still on the younger side with potential. Foegele also gets a better opportunity in EDM. I like this trade for both sides but I like it better for us.

Better for Carolina for sure. But what opportunity do you see for Foegele in Edmonton? He's still going to be a 3rd liner.
Zinger liked this.
Jul. 28, 2021 at 12:17 p.m.
NoQuitInNewYork
Hamilton is now 100% leaving
slavin pesce
Skjei. Bear
Gardiner deangelo?
Jul. 28, 2021 at 12:18 p.m.
Wow Edmonton's defense is gonna be atrocious next year. Let's hope their top 6 picks it up a notch, because they will be winning games 6-5.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Jul. 28, 2021 at 12:19 p.m.
Canes fan
Quoting: CD282
Better for Carolina for sure. But what opportunity do you see for Foegele in Edmonton? He's still going to be a 3rd liner.

He can maybe get a shot beside McDavid or Drai. He may just stay on Line 3 though.
Jul. 28, 2021 at 12:20 p.m.
Ban Price trades

The only thing I hold out hope for in terms of Foegele is he's a piece to rotate in-and-out with Hyman.

Zach wasn't used exclusively in Toronto's top six and played some of his best hockey on the 3rd line, stirring the drink. I think come playoffs - if the remnants of this roster can even get there - there's an opportunity to rotate Foegele up and Hyman down (or throughout the season) and still maintain 3 productive lines.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Jul. 28, 2021 at 12:27 p.m.
Quoting: ConnorMcHellebucyk
People change from when they are 16. You’ve never said anything as a kid that yiu regret?

Never in my life have I directed a racial slur at someone. Certainly not out of hatred and definitely never with the intention of bullying someone or putting them down. It wasnt just saying something that he regrets. Minimizing it to that is doing everyone else a disservice.

He's a pos and he's done nothing to show that he's changed. If anything everything in NY just shows that he hasnt changed. Only thing he deserves is the Mitchell Miller treatment.
OldNYIfan and oneX liked this.
Jul. 28, 2021 at 12:30 p.m.
Quoting: Dzinger18
He can maybe get a shot beside McDavid or Drai. He may just stay on Line 3 though.

Yeah, I don't see him playing above Hyman or Nugent-Hopkins, although maybe Tippett decides to play Nuge at 3C? We'll see.
Jul. 28, 2021 at 12:34 p.m.
Buljujarvi
Quoting: TheBoyDuddus
Never in my life have I directed a racial slur at someone. Certainly not out of hatred and definitely never with the intention of bullying someone or putting them down. It wasnt just saying something that he regrets. Minimizing it to that is doing everyone else a disservice.

He's a pos and he's done nothing to show that he's changed. If anything everything in NY just shows that he hasnt changed. Only thing he deserves is the Mitchell Miller treatment.

That’s ridiculous. He directed a slur at someone as a teenager. That’s very different from someone actively bullying targeting and torturing one specific person. Very different situations.
CD282 liked this.
Jul. 28, 2021 at 12:42 p.m.
Quoting: ConnorMcHellebucyk
That’s ridiculous. He directed a slur at someone as a teenager. That’s very different from someone actively bullying targeting and torturing one specific person. Very different situations.

You say teenager like he couldnt form a coherent thought. Being 16 isnt an excuse for being a bad person. If you dont think he was actively bullying anyone then I have nothing to say to you. Being suspended twice in the same season for violating the league's Harassment and Abuse/Diversity policy speaks for itself and thats without mentioning the suspension he got that season for abusing an official as well.

Nothing wrong with calling a spade a spade.
Jul. 28, 2021 at 12:48 p.m.
Quoting: BeterChiarelli
The only thing I hold out hope for in terms of Foegele is he's a piece to rotate in-and-out with Hyman.

Zach wasn't used exclusively in Toronto's top six and played some of his best hockey on the 3rd line, stirring the drink. I think come playoffs - if the remnants of this roster can even get there - there's an opportunity to rotate Foegele up and Hyman down (or throughout the season) and still maintain 3 productive lines.

Yeah, I think that could work. But I don't agree with your comment "if they can get (to the playoffs", this roster is better than last year's even if some of the moves aren't good in isolation.

Hyman > Kahun
Keith > Jones
Bouchard > Bear
Foegele > Ennis

Just need a replacement for Larsson and possibly an upgrade in net and this team is cooking with gas. However, they could've been much better given the cap space they had...
Jul. 28, 2021 at 12:49 p.m.
You say teenager like he couldnt form a coherent thought. Being 16 isnt an excuse for being a bad person. If you dont think he was actively bullying anyone then I have nothing to say to you. Being suspended twice in the same season for violating the league's Harassment and Abuse/Diversity policy speaks for itself and thats without mentioning the suspension he got that season for abusing an official as well.

Nothing wrong with calling a spade a spade.

Where's the proof of racism though?
ConnorMcHellebucyk liked this.
Jul. 28, 2021 at 12:52 p.m.
Biased Opinion
I'm sure Bear and Deangelo will get along great
Jul. 28, 2021 at 12:55 p.m.
Ban Price trades
Yeah, I think that could work. But I don't agree with your comment "if they can get (to the playoffs", this roster is better than last year's even if some of the moves aren't good in isolation.

Hyman > Kahun
Keith > Jones
Bouchard > Bear
Foegele > Ennis

Just need a replacement for Larsson and possibly an upgrade in net and this team is cooking with gas. However, they could've been much better given the cap space they had...

CD282 turning on Bear and Jones is not something I had on my 2021 offseason bingo card. The only metric that Keith outperformed Jones at was TOI (if I remember correctly) and Bouchard's played all of 21 NHL games. I think in time Bouchard very easily outperforms Bear but the Keith trade definitely left me feeling blue. Up front they're a better team but I have nothing but questions for that back end. We're hoping Ceci maintains his Pittsburgh form over nearly half a decade and currently betting the house on Smith continuing his renaissance. Nurse-Barrie did not show well defensively and had a negative effect on McDavid's production. Does that trend continue? Is Russell going to be expected to play a full 82-game season?
CD282 and OldNYIfan liked this.
Jul. 28, 2021 at 12:57 p.m.
Where's the proof of racism though?

What? Since when is directing a racial slur at someone not racist?

He was taken out in the middle of the game, what more do you need? Unless you think the team took one of their best players out for no reason and then suspended him for no reason as well. Absolute joke that the two of you are trying to defend Deangelo.
Jul. 28, 2021 at 1:07 p.m.

He was taken out in the middle of the game, what more do you need? Unless you think the team took one of their best players out for no reason and then suspended him for no reason as well. Absolute joke that the two of you are trying to defend Deangelo.

Where does it say that he was taken out for a racist slur though? The link that was posted on the previous page (link) doesn't specifically say it was a racist slur. It says that the "Ontario Hockey League announced they had suspended the native of Sewell, N.J., eight games for violating the league’s harrassment, abuse and diversity policy." Racism is one of many things that come under that umbrella.
Jul. 28, 2021 at 1:12 p.m.

Where does it say that he was taken out for a racist slur though? The link that was posted on the previous page (link) doesn't specifically say it was a racist slur. It says that the "Ontario Hockey League announced they had suspended the native of Sewell, N.J., eight games for violating the league’s harrassment, abuse and diversity policy." Racism is one of many things that come under that umbrella.

According to this article, the OHL slur "was ethnic in nature, not related to race."
Jul. 28, 2021 at 1:49 p.m.
Go avs
Im confused on what Carolina is doing this off-season
Jul. 28, 2021 at 2:02 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
I once proposed Kapenan for Bear

Fans thought it was silly

Well should have taken that offer lul
Jul. 28, 2021 at 2:16 p.m.

According to this article, the OHL slur "was ethnic in nature, not related to race."

The OHL's policy is there to "Keep homophobic, racist and sexist language out of the game." It doesnt matter whether the comment was a racial or ethnic slur because both are racist and both would clearly fall under the "racist" section of the policy. You're saying it was an ethnic slur like thats supposed to be any better. I'd like to point out that this incident with his teammate was the second time he was suspended for violating the policy. He was suspended that season for abuse of an official as well and then followed suit with an abuse of an official suspension in the NHL later on. "Attitude problems" in Tampa kept him in the press box as a healthy scratch 8 times before they shipped him off.

Since you're doing your best to dig up old Deangelo articles, do yourself a favour and watch the draft profile video where his Dad says that he uses the same racial/ethnic slurs that his son uses "every day." Maybe check up on the fact that he's a covid denier or the fact that he was pushing election propaganda about how everything was rigged against Trump.

He's a bad human being. He doesnt deserve either of you defending him.
Jul. 28, 2021 at 2:42 p.m.
The OHL's policy is there to "Keep homophobic, racist and sexist language out of the game." It doesnt matter whether the comment was a racial or ethnic slur because both are racist and both would clearly fall under the "racist" section of the policy. You're saying it was an ethnic slur like thats supposed to be any better. I'd like to point out that this incident with his teammate was the second time he was suspended for violating the policy. He was suspended that season for abuse of an official as well and then followed suit with an abuse of an official suspension in the NHL later on. "Attitude problems" in Tampa kept him in the press box as a healthy scratch 8 times before they shipped him off.

Since you're doing your best to dig up old Deangelo articles, do yourself a favour and watch the draft profile video where his Dad says that he uses the same racial/ethnic slurs that his son uses "every day." Maybe check up on the fact that he's a covid denier or the fact that he was pushing election propaganda about how everything was rigged against Trump.

He's a bad human being. He doesnt deserve either of you defending him.

Your misconceptions are addressed in the link I posted earlier. You should read it.
Jul. 28, 2021 at 3:04 p.m.
Your misconceptions are addressed in the link I posted earlier. You should read it.

I read every word of both articles you linked. If you dont want to articulate your own point just say so.

Again, there is no reason to defend Deangelo.
Jul. 28, 2021 at 3:23 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Quoting: BeterChiarelli

At least this is better than Bear for Lawson Crouse.
BeterChiarelli liked this.
Jul. 28, 2021 at 3:30 p.m.
Ban Price trades
Quoting: OldNYIfan
At least this is better than Bear for Lawson Crouse.

Ain't that a throwback tears of joy
OldNYIfan liked this.
Jul. 28, 2021 at 3:49 p.m.
I think this is a good deal for both teams. I'm never concerned about 'who won the deal'. Only time will tell and some players fit better in certain situations regardless of the skill involved.

I think Bear is a good young Dman with some good offensive upside. My main concern with him was his lack of size/strength. He constantly lost battles, both in the corners and in front of his net. His other issue is he tries to force the play/pass which led to some very costly turnovers. In time hopefully he'll grows into his game and won't force things. Wish him all the best because he seems like a good kid.

Foegele adds some much needed size to the forward group. From what I've read, he's a solid hustle guy that will score the odd goal. The oilers 3rd line has been the teams weakness for what seems like forever now. Hopefully he can help.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit