SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Carolina Hurricanes signed Anthony Deangelo (1 Year / $1,000,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Jul. 28, 2021 at 4:52 p.m.
Quoting: DogDayCaps2
Holy **** you are one of those people..no thanks. you are a walking Fox news zombie its like talking to a wall. you are the type that has a shirt that says " all lives matter" hard pass. have a good day.

He's not entirely wrong here. NHL sitting out for Jacob Blake didn't make the NHL look great either considering everything he did.
Jul. 28, 2021 at 4:56 p.m.
torontos finest
Quoting: Chopper02
He's not entirely wrong here. NHL sitting out for Jacob Blake didn't make the NHL look great either considering everything he did.

Going to break with the rules of no politics, but I'd love to know what he did to deserve being executed by the police.
DogDayCaps2 liked this.
Jul. 28, 2021 at 5:09 p.m.
down bad

the guy that got shot 7 times in his back IN front of his 3 children? ... im not diving into this with you. seems pointless, right?
Jul. 28, 2021 at 5:26 p.m.
the guy that got shot 7 times in his back IN front of his 3 children? ... im not diving into this with you. seems pointless, right?

They weren't all his kids and they weren't supposed to be in his car. Not to mention busting down the door of someone who had a restraining order against him, had assaulted someone else, then fought the police outside the home all while having a knife and wouldn't go down after being shot with a taser. That's the same guy. Far from an innocent person who didn't have something coming. You could make the argument it shouldn't have taken 7 shots to the back, but you could also make the argument that had he actually followed the law in the first place by not going there the situation could have been avoided. But he chose the path that led to consequences for his actions. Isn't that what you want for DeAngelo?
Jul. 28, 2021 at 5:31 p.m.
Quoting: mondo
Going to break with the rules of no politics, but I'd love to know what he did to deserve being executed by the police.

Wasn't executed, but busting through the door of someone with a restraining order against him, threatening them, then taking three kids (only one he had a right to) then fighting the police, not going down after being shot with a taser and was armed with a knife during this encounter. Not to mention he already had an arrest warrant for sexual assault. Not exactly a good person nor did his actions immediately prior to the shooting help his cause.
Jul. 28, 2021 at 6:06 p.m.
Quoting: kaljakori
Total embarrassment, Pretending you're a "progressive" organization only to bring in someone like this.

Someone like what?

Mark Staal already laughed off the "racist" narrative saying the media it nuts and he never anything like that in the years they were d partners.

So what exactly are you referring too?

Do you know him personally?
Jul. 28, 2021 at 6:11 p.m.
Quoting: drewjenkins
Someone like what?

Mark Staal already laughed off the "racist" narrative saying the media it nuts and he never anything like that in the years they were d partners.

So what exactly are you referring too?

Do you know him personally?

Was suspended for calling someone the N-word in junior

Was scratched 20+ times for fighting his teammates and arguing with coaches in junior

Was suspended in Arizona for assaulting an official

Openly challenged fans to fight him in front of MSG after punching his own goalie the same night

Was scratched for over 40 games as a Ranger in total for poor behaviour

Do I need to continue the list?
Jul. 28, 2021 at 6:27 p.m.

They weren't all his kids and they weren't supposed to be in his car. Not to mention busting down the door of someone who had a restraining order against him, had assaulted someone else, then fought the police outside the home all while having a knife and wouldn't go down after being shot with a taser. That's the same guy. Far from an innocent person who didn't have something coming. You could make the argument it shouldn't have taken 7 shots to the back, but you could also make the argument that had he actually followed the law in the first place by not going there the situation could have been avoided. But he chose the path that led to consequences for his actions. Isn't that what you want for DeAngelo?

Wasn't executed, but busting through the door of someone with a restraining order against him, threatening them, then taking three kids (only one he had a right to) then fighting the police, not going down after being shot with a taser and was armed with a knife during this encounter. Not to mention he already had an arrest warrant for sexual assault. Not exactly a good person nor did his actions immediately prior to the shooting help his cause.

The entire situation was recorded and is on the internet ... but it doesn't fit the news narrative so the video is ignored.

Someone called the police on him for a serious crime and he had a history of violence that the police new about.

The police repeatedly screamed at him to stop and put his hands up through the whole altercation. He didn't.

Then the police tried to handcuff him. He fought the policeman.

Then the police tried to taze him. He pulled it out and kept fighting.

Then he ran to his car with a policeman following him screaming stop.

Then he reached into his cars glove compartment area to grab something.

Then the police officer shot him in the back until he fell down.

That officer (rightfully) assumed he was 2 seconds away from being shot to death himself.

The guy had a million chances to stop but decided to make terrible decisions for 2 minutes straight.

Then the media tells you (but doesn't show you) that's it's police brutality and racism.
Jul. 28, 2021 at 6:39 p.m.

Was scratched 20+ times for fighting his teammates and arguing with coaches in junior

Openly challenged fans to fight him in front of MSG after punching his own goalie the same night

Nope.

I can already tell that there's no valid points being made.
Jul. 28, 2021 at 6:45 p.m.

Wasn't racist towards Miller in New York, but yes he did in junior. He may have grown up from that perspective.
The guy seems to have a lot of mental illness issues. He could be just a straight a-hole but I wonder if there isn't something else behind the scenes like Rypien (RIP)
Jul. 28, 2021 at 7:05 p.m.
Banned
This can be a steal of a signing for CAR. Only time will tell.
I was tired of losing in NY. That happens to a lot of guys. It gets old quick. Especially when guys are giving up on the play. Go ask JE in BUF.

He'll probably rebound this year and be signing a 4mil+ deal next year.
Jul. 28, 2021 at 7:06 p.m.
Wasn't racist towards Miller in New York, but yes he did in junior. He may have grown up from that perspective.
The guy seems to have a lot of mental illness issues. He could be just a straight a-hole but I wonder if there isn't something else behind the scenes like Rypien (RIP)

As someone struggling with mental issues, my rule of thumb is this: Mental health issues make bad behaviour understandable, but not excusable. That's a big difference and a line a lot of people seem to not get.

I do feel for the guy if he is struggling with it, but it doesn't excuse the behaviour.
SlavaDark liked this.
Jul. 28, 2021 at 8:09 p.m.
torontos finest
Quoting: drewjenkins

Then he ran to his car with a policeman following him screaming stop.

Then he reached into his cars glove compartment area to grab something.

Then the police officer shot him in the back until he fell down.

He slowly walked to the driver side of his vehicle with cops holding their guns at him. They literally could've just tackled him or subdued him.

I don't think the situation is black/white and definitely not appropriate for this forum (or this thread) but I do think the officers at the scene did a really poor job.
DogDayCaps2 liked this.
Jul. 28, 2021 at 8:15 p.m.
He slowly walked to the driver side of his vehicle with cops holding their guns at him. They literally could've just tackled him or subdued him.

I don't think the situation is black/white and definitely not appropriate for this forum (or this thread) but I do think the officers at the scene did a really poor job.

He had already fought them and brushed off a taser .... you're not to cop whose life was at risk.

Tackling a violent criminal who seems to be going for a gun, after he already beat you down, is not a great option if you want to keep living.

If he had good intentions the situation wouldn't have gotten to that point ...
Jul. 28, 2021 at 9:20 p.m.
As someone struggling with mental issues, my rule of thumb is this: Mental health issues make bad behaviour understandable, but not excusable. That's a big difference and a line a lot of people seem to not get.

I do feel for the guy if he is struggling with it, but it doesn't excuse the behaviour.

I don't disagree. I suffered with mental health problems and I did stuff I wish I could take back but I can't and have had to carry it with me. It's hard. Daniel Carcillo talks about this stuff now and it makes sense why he was such a d*** on the ice all the time
kaljakori liked this.
Jul. 28, 2021 at 9:23 p.m.

Officers did try though and he fought them off along with the taser. The sad thing, if there is a person who fights off a taser and two cops with relative ease, one can make a reasonable assumption that he was on drugs. Not to mention there were kids involved as well and they didn't want him to take off with the kids inside. If you want to argue on the number of shots, then we can. As you said, not the proper forum so I apologize for feeding into it.
Jul. 28, 2021 at 9:40 p.m.
Pain

Excruciating, unrelenting, everlasting, pain
kaljakori liked this.
Jul. 29, 2021 at 11:07 p.m.
How did he get more than Yandle??

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit