ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
25$81,500,000$63,549,999$0$5,372,500$17,950,001
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Ottawa Senators
$8,000,000$8,000,000
LW
UFA - 7
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C
UFA - 1
$4,725,000$4,725,000
RW, LW
UFA - 6
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
C
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$600,000$600K)
C
RFA - 2
$3,600,000$3,600,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$747,500$747,500 (Performance Bonus$107,500$108K)
LW
RFA - 1
$832,500$832,500
C, LW
RFA - 1
$4,750,000$4,750,000
C, RW
UFA - 4
$818,333$818,333 (Performance Bonus$15,000$15K)
LW
RFA - 2
$800,000$800,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$8,000,000$8,000,000
LD
UFA - 7
$4,500,000$4,500,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000
G
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$450,000$450K)
LD/RD, LW
RFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RD
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000
G
RFA - 3
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LD
UFA - 2
$4,687,500$4,687,500
G
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
RD
RFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$900,000$900,000
G
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
RD
RFA - 3
$800,000$800,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 29, 2021 at 12:52 a.m.
Banned
Pathetic offer isles decline.
Trotz2020 liked this.
Jul. 29, 2021 at 12:54 a.m.
sensonfire
Quoting: Im_islesforthecup
Pathetic offer isles decline.

JG Pageau was a pathetic offer.

Isles accepted.

https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/311347
Jul. 29, 2021 at 1:22 a.m.
NYI
Quoting: sensonfire

Isles accepted.

No it wasn’t. Pageau was underrated.
Jul. 29, 2021 at 3:10 a.m.
Banned

Isles accepted.

Looking back on it now it was a very good deal for both sides. That being said, you want a similar return for paul as you got for pageau, thats outrageaous. Hes a solid 4th liner, pageau was putting up 1st line numbers that season.
Trotz2020 liked this.
Jul. 29, 2021 at 3:40 a.m.

Isles accepted.

Islanders make this trade 100/100 times ans their fans would too. JG is a great center and huge part of our success.
Jul. 29, 2021 at 8:22 a.m.
sensonfire
Quoting: BobbyD
No it wasn’t. Pageau was underrated.

Nick Paul is underrated too.
Jul. 29, 2021 at 8:40 a.m.
sensonfire
Looking back on it now it was a very good deal for both sides. That being said, you want a similar return for paul as you got for pageau, thats outrageaous. Hes a solid 4th liner, pageau was putting up 1st line numbers that season.

Pageau netted a 1st round pick, a 2nd round pick and a conditional 3rd.

In this post, Paul is netting a late 2nd and a prospect picked late in the 2nd round while the Isles are getting back a pick in a later round.

That's not a similar return for Pageau.

Lou Lamoriello will sign Paul to an extension because he'll fall in love with him instantly.

There's nothing outrageous about it.

When Nick Paul hoists the Cup in an Isles jersey, it will become a very good deal for both sides, looking back at it.

Guaranteed.
Jul. 29, 2021 at 8:46 a.m.
Banned
Pageau netted a 1st round pick, a 2nd round pick and a conditional 3rd.

In this post, Paul is netting a late 2nd and a prospect picked late in the 2nd round while the Isles are getting back a pick in a later round.

That's not a similar return for Pageau.

Lou Lamoriello will sign Paul to an extension because he'll fall in love with him instantly.

There's nothing outrageous about it.

When Nick Paul hoists the Cup in an Isles jersey, it will become a very good deal for both sides, looking back at it.

Guaranteed.

Lmao 1 season ago raty was the consensus 1 OA pick hes not going anywhere till we see another season at least from him.

As for pageaus return it was a late 1st and a 2nd. The 3rd was only given if we won the cup. This return for paul is a 2nd and a guy who was projected to go in the 1st round. Very similar returns. Not to mention paul is a 4th liner, pageau was on pace for 32-21-53 that year. I mean really come on.

We also have no need for paul as all signs point to cizikas coming back. We are certainly not giving anything close to that for paul.
BobbyD liked this.
Jul. 29, 2021 at 8:59 a.m.
sensonfire
Quoting: Trotz2020
Islanders make this trade 100/100 times ans their fans would too. JG is a great center and huge part of our success.

At the 2020 trade deadline, the Isles would not have made the Pageau trade without the guidance of Lou Lamoriello.

Saying their fans would too "100/100 times" while having the privilege to look back on it in hindsight over a year later is pretty disingenuous.

When Isles fans were instantly reacting to the Pageau trade when it happened, it was pretty obvious they wouldn't have made it 100/100 times.

Have a look for yourself.

https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/311347/1

Nick Paul is a great centre and one of the top penalty killers in the NHL.

He'll be a huge part of the team's success when he plays a key role in a cup run.
Jul. 29, 2021 at 9:26 a.m.
sensonfire
Lmao 1 season ago raty was the consensus 1 OA pick hes not going anywhere till we see another season at least from him.

As for pageaus return it was a late 1st and a 2nd. The 3rd was only given if we won the cup. This return for paul is a 2nd and a guy who was projected to go in the 1st round. Very similar returns. Not to mention paul is a 4th liner, pageau was on pace for 32-21-53 that year. I mean really come on.

We also have no need for paul as all signs point to cizikas coming back. We are certainly not giving anything close to that for paul.

Raty being the "consensus" 1st OA pick a year ago is less relevant than getting passed over 51 times before finally being picked at 52nd OA.

Every scouting staff in the NHL, including that of the Islanders, doesn't seem to value Raty as highly as you.

Being projected to go in the first round is not the same as actually being picked in the first round.

You should know that.

For that reason, the return for Pageau is not the same as what Ottawa is getting in this post.

Nick Paul is one of the top penalty killers in the NHL and the type of player that Lou Lamoriello would want on his team.

Lamoriello is the same GM that spent a 2nd on pending UFA and aging pylon in chief Andy Greene.

There are many other things to what makes a solid player than just point production.

Having Cizikas come back every year has proven to not be enough to get past Tampa and win the Cup.

If the Islanders can't get by, then giving something close to what is seen here for Paul increasingly becomes a necessity.
Jul. 29, 2021 at 9:44 a.m.
Banned
Raty being the "consensus" 1st OA pick a year ago is less relevant than getting passed over 51 times before finally being picked at 52nd OA.

Every scouting staff in the NHL, including that of the Islanders, doesn't seem to value Raty as highly as you.

Being projected to go in the first round is not the same as actually being picked in the first round.

You should know that.

For that reason, the return for Pageau is not the same as what Ottawa is getting in this post.

Nick Paul is one of the top penalty killers in the NHL and the type of player that Lou Lamoriello would want on his team.

Lamoriello is the same GM that spent a 2nd on pending UFA and aging pylon in chief Andy Greene.

There are many other things to what makes a solid player than just point production.

Having Cizikas come back every year has proven to not be enough to get past Tampa and win the Cup.

If the Islanders can't get by, then giving something close to what is seen here for Paul increasingly becomes a necessity.

Ok so first if you want to bring andy greene into things, that was a special circumstance as pelech was out for the season and we desperately needed a defensive LHD.

As for the difference in return i said they were similar not the same but either way youre asking for a kings ransom for a 4th liner. You want for a 4th line rental a 2nd round pick plus a prospect picked in the 2nd round a week ago that has a really high ceiling. The islanders counter with cal clurltterbuck for 2 2nds (not interested in doan). Thats literally what youre telling me to pay. Youre out of your mind if you think thats fair.

As for not judging everything by points, thay was the wrong direction to go for you. Paul a top pker, well ill take jg over him on the pk, and the pp, and even strength by a long shot.

I love how you think since we havent won the cup we are gonna massively overpay for someone. Why dont you trade paul to COL for byram and newhook, bc they obviously need him bc they cant get past the 2nd round. Thats literally your logic.

Its actually funny bc i did an acgm where i signed paul (it was a 22-23) and i do like him as a player. But if you think you get anywhere close to this youre delusional.

And when you say the islanders dont value raty as highly as me you have no idea about that. In fact lamoriello said (and im paraphrasing) "i thought there was no way he'd still be there at 52". That means he felt hed go significantly earlier than 52.
BobbyD liked this.
Jul. 29, 2021 at 10:24 a.m.
sensonfire
Edited Jul. 29, 2021 at 10:55 a.m.
Ok so first if you want to bring andy greene into things, that was a special circumstance as pelech was out for the season and we desperately needed a defensive LHD.

As for the difference in return i said they were similar not the same but either way youre asking for a kings ransom for a 4th liner. You want for a 4th line rental a 2nd round pick plus a prospect picked in the 2nd round a week ago that has a really high ceiling. The islanders counter with cal clurltterbuck for 2 2nds (not interested in doan). Thats literally what youre telling me to pay. Youre out of your mind if you think thats fair.

As for not judging everything by points, thay was the wrong direction to go for you. Paul a top pker, well ill take jg over him on the pk, and the pp, and even strength by a long shot.

I love how you think since we havent won the cup we are gonna massively overpay for someone. Why dont you trade paul to COL for byram and newhook, bc they obviously need him bc they cant get past the 2nd round. Thats literally your logic.

Its actually funny bc i did an acgm where i signed paul (it was a 22-23) and i do like him as a player. But if you think you get anywhere close to this youre delusional.

And when you say the islanders dont value raty as highly as me you have no idea about that. In fact lamoriello said (and im paraphrasing) "i thought there was no way he'd still be there at 52". That means he felt hed go significantly earlier than 52.

If Andy Greene is a "special circumstance", then I guess that makes Nick Paul a glorious opportunity.

I'm not asking for a king's ransom for Nick Paul if worse players got similar returns for teams that were trading them.

I'm not "out of my mind" for trying to illustrate what a trade for Nick Paul might look like.

I do think you shouldn't judge everything by point production and I stand by that point.

I'm not the one painting the return for Pageau as the same as the return for Paul in this post.

You are.

A steep payment at the trade deadline for a shot at winning the cup happens all the time.

It's not my logic that Paul should be traded to Colorado for Byram and Newhook.

That's you putting words in my mouth.

Also, if you think Raty + a late 2nd = Byram + Newhook, then Barzal + a late 2nd = McDavid + Broberg.

If there was anything delusional, this would be it.

If the Islanders really wanted Raty, they wouldn't have allowed over 50 draft picks to pass by.

They would have traded up to get him or traded an asset to get him at an earlier pick.

Instead, they just went with Best Player Available at 52.

That's a sign that the Islanders don't value Raty like a 1st round pick, as you're doing right now.

Whenever a Coach or GM is proud of a certain player becoming a member of the team, they tend to grossly exaggerate what they say in public.

After Pageau's very 1st game as a New York Islander, Barry Trotz said that the picks that were sent to Ottawa for Pageau are worth nothing.

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1953965

If that's the case, why doesn't Trotz ask Lamoriello to spend 2 seconds on future considerations?

I take whatever someone with the Senators says publicly with a huge grain of salt.

You'd be better served if you did the same thing with the Islanders.
Jul. 29, 2021 at 10:44 a.m.
Nick Paul is underrated too.

Nick Paul is definitely underrated, and I am also annoyed that OTT didnt take a swing on Raty

That said, the guy has hype and NYI are going to need impactful players on ELC coming in.
Jul. 29, 2021 at 2:51 p.m.
NYI
Every aspect of your logic is flawed. The islanders weren’t targeting Raty, they weren’t looking specifically to get him. They took the best player available at 52, and that was a player they thought would be selected far sooner. You overvalue Paul and the Islanders’ desperation for a player which is largely a dime a dozen. Nick Paul is not someone the Islanders need. There is a possibility Raty could be the player scouts thought he’d be a couple years ago. There’s a possibility he could be no one, the possibility of the former makes him untradeable.
Jul. 29, 2021 at 3:23 p.m.
sensonfire
Every aspect of your logic is flawed. The islanders weren’t targeting Raty, they weren’t looking specifically to get him. They took the best player available at 52, and that was a player they thought would be selected far sooner. You overvalue Paul and the Islanders’ desperation for a player which is largely a dime a dozen. Nick Paul is not someone the Islanders need. There is a possibility Raty could be the player scouts thought he’d be a couple years ago. There’s a possibility he could be no one, the possibility of the former makes him untradeable.

You say "every aspect of my logic is flawed".

But yet, you seem to agree with some of those aspects.

You:

"The Islanders weren't targeting Raty, they weren't looking specifically to get him. They took the best player available at 52."

Me:

"If the Islanders really wanted Raty, they wouldn't have allowed over 50 draft picks to pass by.

They would have traded up to get him or traded an asset to get him at an earlier pick.

Instead, they just went with Best Player Available at 52."

Pot, meet kettle smile

At the 2020 trade deadline, Lou Lamoriello overvalued Pageau, Greene and the Islanders' desperation for those two players which are largely a dime a dozen.

Pageau and Greene were not someone the islanders needed until Lamoriello said so.

There is a possibility Raty could be what the player scouts thought he'd be 5 days ago at the draft.

There is a possibility he could never play a game in the NHL.

Both possibilities make him tradable.
Jul. 29, 2021 at 5:56 p.m.
NYI
You say "every aspect of my logic is flawed".

But yet, you seem to agree with some of those aspects.

You:

"The Islanders weren't targeting Raty, they weren't looking specifically to get him. They took the best player available at 52."

Me:

"If the Islanders really wanted Raty, they wouldn't have allowed over 50 draft picks to pass by.

Instead, they just went with Best Player Available at 52."

Pot, meet kettle smile

At the 2020 trade deadline, Lou Lamoriello overvalued Pageau, Greene and the Islanders' desperation for those two players which are largely a dime a dozen.

Pageau and Greene were not someone the islanders needed until Lamoriello said so.

There is a possibility Raty could be what the player scouts thought he'd be 5 days ago at the draft.

There is a possibility he could never play a game in the NHL.

Both possibilities make him tradable.

Dude, you are just not smart. You make 0 sense. And Pageau deal was perfectly valued.
Jul. 29, 2021 at 6:02 p.m.
sensonfire
Dude, you are just not smart. You make 0 sense. And Pageau deal was perfectly valued.

Perfectly valued as in a landslide win for Ottawa that is reflected here?

Is that you're idea of being perfectly valued?

Dude, you are just jealous.

You don't like it when I make sense.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll