Forums/Armchair-GM

DeMelo

Created by: SlafCaufZuki
Team: 2021-22 Montreal Canadiens
Initial Creation Date: Jul. 29, 2021
Published: Jul. 29, 2021
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Just based the value from what I saw online and what I think he’d get. If I’m wrong, the value can be ajusted, it doesn’t really matter.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
3$3,000,000
1$750,000
1$750,000
1$750,000
1$750,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$900,000
Trades
WPG
  1. Lehkonen, Artturi [RFA Rights]
  2. 2022 3rd round pick (MTL)
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$68,237,977$597,561$1,475,000$13,262,023
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$537,500$538K)
C
UFA - 1
$880,833$880,833 (Performance Bonus$300,000$300K)
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LW
UFA - 3
$3,000,000$3,000,000
C
UFA - 1
$6,500,000$6,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 6
$2,125,000$2,125,000
RW, LW
UFA - 3
$750,000$750,000
C
UFA - 1
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 6
$3,400,000$3,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$3,400,000$3,400,000
RW, LW
UFA - 4
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$875,000$875,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 5
$1,750,000$1,750,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$2,343,750$2,343,750
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 4
$2,875,000$2,875,000
G
UFA - 2
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$637,500$638K)
LD
RFA - 1
Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RD
UFA - 4
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$950,000$950,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 1
$7,857,143$7,857,143
RD
UFA - 5
$900,000$900,000
RW
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 29, 2021 at 8:00 a.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
Jets need the rhd over anything else. Quite a fall off from top 3 on rhd side for Winnipeg. A little more offensive than lehkonen would be a need in wpg, but not for opening the hole that demelo would leave, especially getting so close to cap.
pinslack liked this.
Jul. 29, 2021 at 8:11 a.m.
I fear that bringing Hoffman means Perry is gone. I'd rather keep Perry 1 year than Hoffman 3 years but hey Bergevin wanted that 4.5m one timer in PP

I'm pretty sure Wideman is in the 23 roster, he wouldnt be on waivers. He'd get Perry spot most likely...

But indeed Bergy, when he talked about his needs, he talked about a puck-moving D more than a C
Jul. 29, 2021 at 8:17 a.m.
Habs4ever
I know Dylan extremely well. He’s fantastic and well raised but I wouldn’t make that trade.
Jul. 29, 2021 at 8:27 a.m.
MisstheWhalers
Quoting: Birtle34
Jets need the rhd over anything else. Quite a fall off from top 3 on rhd side for Winnipeg. A little more offensive than lehkonen would be a need in wpg, but not for opening the hole that demelo would leave, especially getting so close to cap.

Are you still pumped about the two trades??
The more I think about it the worse I think they are, just blocked Heinola and Dillon is an older version of Stanley and Samberg, don't see the point in blocking those two and almost $10M to two 30 year old dmen for another 3 years when there's RFA'S to sign might be an issue.
Still think they really need a top 6 upgrade and another new face in the bottom 6 with some sandpaper to his game if they really are trying to contend. If they can move DeMelo and Copp to get/fit those guys they should do it.
SlafCaufZuki liked this.
Jul. 29, 2021 at 8:49 a.m.
Bedard23

Um when they added Nate Schmidt I think that solved their defensemen issue
SlafCaufZuki liked this.
Jul. 29, 2021 at 9:14 a.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
Quoting: IconicHawk
Um when they added Nate Schmidt I think that solved their defensemen issue

They like to have 8 healthy, and top 3 on right would be Schmidt, pionk, and demelo. Then quite a fall off to niku and moose dman. Depends where you think where the build is, I think this is Winnipeg’s version of a push and add some scoring and more d at deadline for an attempt at the west.
Jul. 29, 2021 at 9:18 a.m.
wpg
Quoting: MisstheWhalers
The more I think about it the worse I think they are, just blocked Heinola and Dillon is an older version of Stanley and Samberg, don't see the point in blocking those two and almost $10M to two 30 year old dmen for another 3 years when there's RFA'S to sign might be an issue.
Still think they really need a top 6 upgrade and another new face in the bottom 6 with some sandpaper to his game if they really are trying to contend. If they can move DeMelo and Copp to get/fit those guys they should do it.

Damn there no pleasing u eh?

Those “bad” trades pushed us into contention status so we have a shot at winning the cup while the teams in their prime and Scheif/Helle’s on steal of deals as well before Wheeler regresses too far

And Heinola/Samberg/Stanley don’t cut it to compete through that window… if we wait for them Wheeler/Stastny r gonna be retired and Helle/Scheif bargain contracts would’ve run out
Jul. 29, 2021 at 9:27 a.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe

This is the push in my opinion, with a proper bridge on stanley, we still might not be sitting that badly with the elc to offset the costs of future contracts on heinola and samberg. But yes hopefully it doesn’t get right in the way of development. I think this squad is a bargain at 45-1 to win cup, need a mighty bounce back from Dubois, and a winger to take the job beside him and run with it and ehlers, possibly 6 months of stasny and then possibly perfetti. Copp Lowry and add name is the same as always, and then a 4th line of hopefully some kids and possibly a veteran bargain that could challenge for a higher spot. Missing back up goalie money could be an issue and spending on final sandpaper spots, possibly 2lw and 4th line but a lot of that could be filled at trade deadline with injury money or a lot of the costs all ready spent. I’m tossing 300 on Jets to win cup at 45-1.
Jul. 29, 2021 at 9:35 a.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe

You could be right though too could be two anchors like myers and kulikov playing third pairing over a couple kids to develop like days passed.
Jul. 29, 2021 at 10:10 a.m.
MisstheWhalers
Quoting: HockeyFan989
Damn there no pleasing u eh?

Those “bad” trades pushed us into contention status so we have a shot at winning the cup while the teams in their prime and Scheif/Helle’s on steal of deals as well before Wheeler regresses too far

And Heinola/Samberg/Stanley don’t cut it to compete through that window… if we wait for them Wheeler/Stastny r gonna be retired and Helle/Scheif bargain contracts would’ve run out

Wheeler has already regressed too far and Stastny is 36 in December, they need another goal scoring winger to be a contender, adding Dillon and Schmidt does not make this team a contender imo.

Heinola is beyond ready, unless someone else is going out of that top 6 dmen his trade request is coming, Heinola is WAY more ready to play a top 4 dman role then Perfetti is to play a top 6 role. Also I thought they slid Heinola's ELC to take advantage of having a cheap top 4 dman so they could spend on other places in the lineup.

Anyways those are my thoughts, maybe there's more moves coming yet and some more things will fall into place that makes me see it differently.
Jul. 29, 2021 at 10:35 a.m.
wpg
Wheeler has already regressed too far and Stastny is 36 in December, they need another goal scoring winger to be a contender, adding Dillon and Schmidt does not make this team a contender imo.

Heinola is beyond ready, unless someone else is going out of that top 6 dmen his trade request is coming, Heinola is WAY more ready to play a top 4 dman role then Perfetti is to play a top 6 role. Also I thought they slid Heinola's ELC to take advantage of having a cheap top 4 dman so they could spend on other places in the lineup.

Anyways those are my thoughts, maybe there's more moves coming yet and some more things will fall into place that makes me see it differently.

Jets offence is top tier and the goaltending is taken care of.. our issue is/was defence, Wheeler is gonna be motivated and Stastny’s strengths lie in playmaking and hockey iq

The rest of our forwards r gonna be a year older as their entering/in their prime

Heinola is ready.. but Schmidt and Dillon r better rn, but he could very well force his way in the lineup tho… but developing players faze is over.. we need results and Perfetti, well he was a pleasant surprise last year and could very well be this year as well

All in all the goal is to ice the best team possible and the current Jets team is way better then it was a few days ago
Windjammer liked this.
Jul. 29, 2021 at 1:19 p.m.
MisstheWhalers
Quoting: HockeyFan989
Jets offence is top tier and the goaltending is taken care of.. our issue is/was defence, Wheeler is gonna be motivated and Stastny’s strengths lie in playmaking and hockey iq

The rest of our forwards r gonna be a year older as their entering/in their prime

Heinola is ready.. but Schmidt and Dillon r better rn, but he could very well force his way in the lineup tho… but developing players faze is over.. we need results and Perfetti, well he was a pleasant surprise last year and could very well be this year as well

All in all the goal is to ice the best team possible and the current Jets team is way better then it was a few days ago

I don't see a top tier offense, if Vesalainen takes off and PLD rebounds then yes they do but those are unknowns at this point.
Jul. 29, 2021 at 10:31 p.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
I don't see a top tier offense, if Vesalainen takes off and PLD rebounds then yes they do but those are unknowns at this point.

Conference finals team against Vegas or this lineup which squad is better? I know it’s a useless hypothetical, but I think with the way the season ended, a few guys on basic one year show me contracts, and few guys moved for cap. This nucleus could be one pissed, easy to unite, us against the world squad. Top 5 tender, little worried about budget for backup, a under appreciated blueline, that’s getting zero respect. A hungry pair of top two centers that have different things to prove, but both hungry, minimal holes in top 9 and not a hole lot of issues in top 12. Little worried about Wheeler and stastny legs, but hoping perfetti comes a little faster than expected and also when that big fin was drafted i predicted he was wheelers replacement so hopefully he is ready soon also. All in all I’m hoping for a lot of good things, but there’s some bigger issues and holes in other places in my opinion.
Jul. 29, 2021 at 11:35 p.m.
MisstheWhalers
Conference finals team against Vegas or this lineup which squad is better? I know it’s a useless hypothetical, but I think with the way the season ended, a few guys on basic one year show me contracts, and few guys moved for cap. This nucleus could be one pissed, easy to unite, us against the world squad. Top 5 tender, little worried about budget for backup, a under appreciated blueline, that’s getting zero respect. A hungry pair of top two centers that have different things to prove, but both hungry, minimal holes in top 9 and not a hole lot of issues in top 12. Little worried about Wheeler and stastny legs, but hoping perfetti comes a little faster than expected and also when that big fin was drafted i predicted he was wheelers replacement so hopefully he is ready soon also. All in all I’m hoping for a lot of good things, but there’s some bigger issues and holes in other places in my opinion.

The conference finals team was much better then this one.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll