SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Trade Machine Proposals

Jake to the leafs

Created by: Steverap83
Published: Jul. 30, 2021 at 12:55 a.m.
Salary Cap: $81,500,000
Season Days: 186/186 (100%)
Central Registry Determination: This trade has met the central registry's trade checklist

Logo of the Boston BruinsBoston Bruins

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
DeBrusk, JakeBoston BruinsNHL-$3,675,000111---0000--
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Kivihalme, TeemuToronto Maple LeafsMinor-$0011---0000--
Kerfoot, AlexanderToronto Maple LeafsNHL-$3,500,000111---0000--
Kokkonen, MikkoWaivers ExemptToronto Maple LeafsMinor-$0011---0000--
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$1,089,3262343673612
Change$175,000022000
Final$1,264,326 (↑)2345 (↑)69 (↑)3612000

Logo of the Toronto Maple LeafsToronto Maple Leafs

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Kivihalme, TeemuToronto Maple LeafsMinor-$0011---0000--
Kerfoot, AlexanderToronto Maple LeafsNHL-$3,500,000111---0000--
Kokkonen, MikkoWaivers ExemptToronto Maple LeafsMinor-$0011---0000--
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
DeBrusk, JakeBoston BruinsNHL-$3,675,000111---0000--
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$855,217234368358
Change-$175,0000-2-2000
Final$680,217 (↓)2341 (↓)66 (↓)358000
Jul. 30, 2021 at 12:58 a.m.
Fanboys make bad Gms
So

Debrusk is a bust now

He has no value let alone this value

And this deal somehow is still bad for Boston because they are shopping him around as a cap dump so they can get Krejci back. (and Rask apparently too but idk after Ullmark)

If you added a third team to this deal it would only be for a third team to say no.
Jul. 30, 2021 at 1:10 a.m.
Stevenrap
Quoting: reelkena
So

Debrusk is a bust now

And this deal somehow is still bad for Boston because they are shopping him around as a cap dump so they can get Krejci back. (and Rask apparently too but idk after Ullmark)

If you added a third team to this deal it would only be for a third team to say no.

I'll just move on and go shopping for another LW lol
Jul. 30, 2021 at 10:03 a.m.
Sir
So

Debrusk is a bust now

Quoting: Steverap83
I'll just move on and go shopping for another LW lol

I am still a little lost on how Jake is a bust? I mean the numbers that people are crucifying him for are better than Kerfoot's statistically speaking. I mean pts per game, Kerfoot 0.48 and Jake is 0.54. He will never live up to where he was selected in the draft - but it seems to be extreme calling a 24 year old with 4 NHL seasons under his belt a bust, perhaps is value is lower right now given he only punched in 14pts in 40 games last year, but its early to call him a bust and assume like he will never play in the NHL again or have no value (I mean Ryan Reaves has been traded for a 1st round pick and years later a 3rd - so there is always some value).

I do agree that its more than likely the Bruins will try to pick up a younger asset with a 2 way contract that can develop in the farm or for some draft capital seeing as they may need some cap space for Krecji. That being said, Krecji already said its not about money right and he needs to take care of business at home - so who knows what the contract would look like to bring him back.
Jul. 30, 2021 at 11:39 a.m.
Bruins fan
Why would we trade debrusk just for Kerfoot's bad contract? That's on of the only 2 reasons we would trade debrusk.
Jul. 30, 2021 at 11:56 a.m.
Fanboys make bad Gms
Quoting: Hobo
I am still a little lost on how Jake is a bust? I mean the numbers that people are crucifying him for are better than Kerfoot's statistically speaking. I mean pts per game, Kerfoot 0.48 and Jake is 0.54. He will never live up to where he was selected in the draft - but it seems to be extreme calling a 24 year old with 4 NHL seasons under his belt a bust, perhaps is value is lower right now given he only punched in 14pts in 40 games last year, but its early to call him a bust and assume like he will never play in the NHL again or have no value (I mean Ryan Reaves has been traded for a 1st round pick and years later a 3rd - so there is always some value).

I do agree that its more than likely the Bruins will try to pick up a younger asset with a 2 way contract that can develop in the farm or for some draft capital seeing as they may need some cap space for Krecji. That being said, Krecji already said its not about money right and he needs to take care of business at home - so who knows what the contract would look like to bring him back.

Comparing a guy who was supposed to be playing 2nd line minutes and getting 2nd line points to a 3rd line checking role matchup guy via point totals defeats the entire purpose of any conversation.

DeBrusk is a depth forward and his current contract does not support that making him a bust. Obviously he could improve but you can't value a person at 24 on what he might possible turn into. Otherwise everyone should be paid 5 million more than they get on possibilities.

He's a cap dump and this trade helps no one. (well it does help Boston because Kerfoot would be easier to dump for cap than DeBrusk)
Jul. 30, 2021 at 2:41 p.m.
Sir
Comparing a guy who was supposed to be playing 2nd line minutes and getting 2nd line points to a 3rd line checking role matchup guy via point totals defeats the entire purpose of any conversation.

DeBrusk is a depth forward and his current contract does not support that making him a bust. Obviously he could improve but you can't value a person at 24 on what he might possible turn into. Otherwise everyone should be paid 5 million more than they get on possibilities.

He's a cap dump and this trade helps no one. (well it does help Boston because Kerfoot would be easier to dump for cap than DeBrusk)

Well the point was twofold, the trade is not something the Bruins want or need and vice versa - but its still hard to classify him a bust - again if the measurement is to the draft spot he was picked compared to the draft class, sure a moderate bust or bust can be a term used....if its compared to salary that would make a lot of players busts (there are a lot of inflated salaries compared to expectations or performance). I guess I am unsure what the measuring stick is for the "bust" status. Again he isn't a the best player since sliced bread, but a bust is a bit harsh seeing 35pts and 19 goals in 65 games before last year its not what I define as terrible.
Jul. 30, 2021 at 4:35 p.m.
Fanboys make bad Gms
Quoting: Hobo
Well the point was twofold, the trade is not something the Bruins want or need and vice versa - but its still hard to classify him a bust - again if the measurement is to the draft spot he was picked compared to the draft class, sure a moderate bust or bust can be a term used....if its compared to salary that would make a lot of players busts (there are a lot of inflated salaries compared to expectations or performance). I guess I am unsure what the measuring stick is for the "bust" status. Again he isn't a the best player since sliced bread, but a bust is a bit harsh seeing 35pts and 19 goals in 65 games before last year its not what I define as terrible.

He had 5 goals in 41 games last year.

His decline the last two seasons is beyond worrisome and certainly cumbersome to trade.

In the trade market he is someone you'd have to send a pick with not get a pick for. That to me is a bust.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll