SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Vancouver Canucks

Tyler Myers Trade

Aug. 3, 2021 at 12:31 a.m.
Definitely not Jim
In a world where Erik Gudbranson gets chance after chance—you have to believe that there are still GMs who want to trade for big, tall RD like Tyler Myers.

Here are four teams that could trade for Tyler Myers. They both have the cap-space to fit a player like Myers, and they have have holes on their RD that could still be upgraded. They may have missed on filling their roster on the primary market and may need to look at a player with warts (like Myers) on the secondary market to fill out their roster.

Not saying that any team is going to trade a lot of value for Myers. They may even ask for a sweetener, salary retention, or for Vancouver to take back a bad contract too. The Canucks motivation is to clear as much of this contract as possible so they can sign both Hughes and Pettersson to long-term extensions this off-season rather than bridge them.
Aug. 3, 2021 at 12:38 a.m.
Judd Bracket ripoff
I think Myers is far to highly valued within the Canucks organization. I do think Benning is interested in trading him away, especially considering the Canucks would have to add assets to move him
Aug. 3, 2021 at 12:49 a.m.
Shibbal18
Sabres will take his contract. Not for free though
Aug. 3, 2021 at 12:57 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Having a Dman that shoots right isn't nearly as important as getting $$$$ value for a player in a cap strapped league. IMO those teams can find much better value than 6m cap hit for Myers.
What is that Leaf deal? Cap strapped Leafs buy him out?
Oct. 1, 2021 at 12:33 a.m.
Banned
I don't think Myers is overvalued by the team, nor do I think he is overpaid. I don't think he's underpaid either, but I still don't think he would fetch any more than a 3rd round pick at best on the Market. If this off-season was any indication, I'm confident Jim Benning would have found a way to do so already if he was looking to move Myers

I think teams with the cap space who are shallow on the right side of defense would gladly take on his contract without asking for a sweetener, let alone giving up much of a return

Btw the Gudbranson thing was a different time and place even if we are only a few years removed from it

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll