SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Site Discussion

Suggestions Megathread

Feb. 24, 2017 at 11:21 a.m.
I know you guys report on Twitter when an entry-level player has achieved one of their bonuses, could those also possibly be documented on the site somewhere? I understand if it's too much work on your end, though.

Another suggestion: As I noticed a few threads like this on the boards, I'm thinking it might be more efficient if there were a single megathread for suggestions.
zk97, tsuason, Jeuck75 and 4 others liked this.
Feb. 24, 2017 at 11:35 a.m.
Follow capfriendly
Quoting: KL17
I know you guys report on Twitter when an entry-level player has achieved one of their bonuses, could those also possibly be documented on the site somewhere? I understand if it's too much work on your end, though.

Another suggestion: As I noticed a few threads like this on the boards, I'm thinking it might be more efficient if there were a single megathread for suggestions.

Good suggestion, this is our new megathread

Thanks for the suggestion regarding performance bonuses, some player pages do have them listed below the contract currently
Feb. 25, 2017 at 12:30 a.m.
I would like to suggest including statistics for non roster players.
Mar. 6, 2017 at 10:48 a.m.
Breadman got paid.
Suggestion:

Add views to Armchair GM's, when someone clicks on one.
Mar. 7, 2017 at 10:15 a.m.
Quoting: DontTradeNash
Suggestion:

Add views to Armchair GM's, when someone clicks on one.

And/or to the AGM "browse" page. Also # of comments in the thread. Basically all the information seen when going through the forum path to the AGM's should be visible on the browse AGM page as well.
Mar. 8, 2017 at 10:03 a.m.
Can draft picks be added to the Vegas team in the AGM so we can trade with them and they can actually give something back? Update the players they've signed thus far in the event a trade for a player they've signed is at least possible although unlikely.
Mar. 8, 2017 at 10:19 a.m.
And can you add handedness to the players tab? Free agents, active players, etc.

Plus being able to filter column headers in any of the sections would be nice too. Example, filter out players with NMC's and NTC.

Oooh ooohhh one more! Can you add the current year player statistics for future years filtering? Example I want to see who is signed in the year 2020 and of that list who has the most goals this year. I get why you would not include them but realistically I don't think anyone will filter the year 2020 and see that Crosby scoring 34 goals and think how does capfriendly know how much he'll score in the future? Lol It actually does serve a purpose to include it in future years.
Mar. 31, 2017 at 1:40 p.m.
As a suggestion, it would be nice to make a team in AGM, then be able to advance to the next season, keeping all your signings and trades. Not having to re-do signings and trades when you want to do multiple years for one team would be really nice.
flamesfan419, quebecois, junoandkeisha and 5 others liked this.
Mar. 31, 2017 at 2:14 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Suggestion: Messages that just go to one person.
backflip, BuFfaLOFaN and zk97 liked this.
Apr. 25, 2017 at 10:15 p.m.
Go Habs Go
I thought this was mentioned before but can't seem to locate it.
Can we have the Vegas logo added to the smilies?
Apr. 25, 2017 at 11:36 p.m.
Follow capfriendly
Quoting: ricochetii
I thought this was mentioned before but can't seem to locate it.
Can we have the Vegas logo added to the smilies?

done
Vegas Golden Knights
May 8, 2017 at 9:13 a.m.
Courtright
should make a mobile app
BuFfaLOFaN, oilersguy, zk97 and 1 other person liked this.
May 16, 2017 at 2:25 p.m.
I noticed the user has the ability to delete an AGM after posting it but not a regular thread though. Was wondering if it was possible to have that implemented as it would help us in the GM game police our own threads and delete where we feel its necessary?
May 16, 2017 at 3:23 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
A few suggestions:

Suggestion: Reporting armchair-gm teams. Just in case we found one that is mean to someone.
Suggestion: you know how you can look at armchair-gm teams of different teams? It would be cool if you could look at the ones that weren't by one certain team, and are a whole new team (forget what they're called).
Suggestion: A few new forums. Possibly things like all-star stuff, funny NHL stories, etc.
BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
May 16, 2017 at 6:05 p.m.
Multi year Arm-Chair GM's

So you'd have a view of your 2018-19 lineup and your projected 2019-2020 team on the same page.
LeafsFan, flamesfan419, quebecois and 4 others liked this.
May 21, 2017 at 12:59 a.m.
You may have answered this before, but how did you create this website? I.e. How did you fund it, protect it, etc.

Thanks
-phillyjabroni
zk97 liked this.
May 26, 2017 at 7:28 a.m.
C,mon Leafs...Please
Could you have some way to 'flag' or 'like' a AGM team? That way if there was a team that really sticks out to a person they can easily find it again later.

...oh and I still would like ALL the trades involving players from a team (like Toronto) listed when that team is picked in the drop down list and not just that team's roster. That would really help some of us to see how other fans rate our teams players.
rmay50, quebecois, GenXHockey and 1 other person liked this.
Jun. 4, 2017 at 2:34 p.m.
Banned
Edited Jun. 4, 2017 at 3:55 p.m. by Banks
infraction stuff
nobody liked this.
Jun. 4, 2017 at 3:55 p.m.
Follow capfriendly
Quoting: grovercleveland
infraction stuff

Please send an email to moderators@capfriendly.com and we can review/discuss infractions, thanks
Jun. 7, 2017 at 9:28 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
We should be able to trade for a player's UFA or RFA rights in armchair GMs, instead of writing that we have them in the additional details section. It would make it a lot easier to see and write what the trades are
Jun. 20, 2017 at 11:36 a.m.
Can you add inactive players to the AGM? That way we don't need to create the player and all the info of the player will show up when he's added. Example AGM 18-19 season, make Rasmus Dahlen available to add without having to create him. Just add a tab called inactive players.
Jun. 20, 2017 at 11:56 a.m.
Follow capfriendly
Quoting: F50marco
Can you add inactive players to the AGM? That way we don't need to create the player and all the info of the player will show up when he's added. Example AGM 18-19 season, make Rasmus Dahlen available to add without having to create him. Just add a tab called inactive players.

We do plan on adding a "prospect" section, which would cover players like Dahlin
Bflo_Soldier liked this.
Jun. 20, 2017 at 12:30 p.m.
Quoting: Banks
Quoting: F50marco

We do plan on adding a "prospect" section, which would cover players like Dahlin

Nice. Why not just go with the whole inactive list though? (Maybe separate prospects) I mean I guess retired and/or dead players can be removed but honestly having them there doesn't change all that much. I would think most people would know the player they are looking for is not a retired player etc. and even then it would be fun making a fantasy team of all time greats. This way we wouldn't have to create each one. Creating a player should be for any player not in your database.

The list also applies to players oversees. Kovar, Dadonov, etc They may not play in the NHL in real life but in fantasy anyone is available right?
Jun. 23, 2017 at 7:11 a.m.
Quoting: Banks
Quoting: KL17

Good suggestion, this is our new megathread

Thanks for the suggestion regarding performance bonuses, some player pages do have them listed below the contract currently

Even Exchange should replace fair trade in the wording for confirmed trades... That way it don't seem like when picking who won the trade that another team was cheated, robbed, swindled, or something shady. Almost every trade one team wins while another loses even if they might be fair. For example Neal for Hornqvist might be seen as an even exchange... While Carter getting traded to the Kings was clearly a win for LA even though it was a fair trade... Mike Richards getting traded with Schenn along with Simmonds going to Flyers was clearly a win for Phily even if it was fair. Richards would score 18 goals, only having a high of 44 points.. While both of those players went on to get 20-30+ goal ranges. On Flyers Richards scored 30 or more goals a few times getting about 30 more points than any of his Kings total. Fair Trade sounds like something related to coffee or chocolate that comes from some other country only to be packaged/sold by a USA based one or so smile.

Maybe move the Confirmed trades into their own area away from proposed trades that many post on here... I thought the Eberle for Strome was a user post at first since it seemed to be a pretty good deal for Islanders. I just think it would be nice to have people voting for who won without feeling that something isn't fair. NHL I don't think would allow a trade that lopsided, years ago I think they made Kings include Jokinen when trading for Palffy since the deal wasn't fair or whatever smile. Just seems will get more honest voting as to who won if Even Exchange replaces the wording for Fair Trade. People factor in cap hit, other things to justify its a fair trade when a team might have clearly won it. Anyways hopefully will think about it, I think it will lead to more accurate voting related to the confirmed trades if nothing else smile.
Jul. 10, 2017 at 3:57 p.m.
Here's a suggestion for the armchair GM create-A-team mode (which I know we all love). It would be cool if it were possible to advance to the next year in the same created team, to look at how theoretical trades can effect future signings, instead of having to create a separate team for the next year. Thanks for all you guys do!
flamesfan419, Britishbulldog, nhldeadline2 and 3 others liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll