SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Site Discussion

Suggestions Megathread

Aug. 1, 2019 at 11:31 a.m.
Formerly Jamiepo
Quoting: Banks
Suggestion: No notifications when an @ is contained within a quote

Yes!!!! That would be awesome. Also... any word on avatars? Still unable to change them.
Aug. 1, 2019 at 11:32 a.m.
Follow capfriendly
Quoting: Jamiepo
Yes!!!! That would be awesome. Also... any word on avatars? Still unable to change them.

Unfortunately nothing yet, we've identified the main issue though
Aug. 3, 2019 at 12:11 a.m.

Would you look into fixing the LTIR. So like Callahan goes on Ottawa they get extra cap space for putting on the LTIR that kind of thing.

And if you could put in a KHL part of this. I am paying more attention to KHL (Since NHL offseason has been completely boring) but I have failed to find anything close to a KHL Cap Breakdown and recent signings. It's something I have been interested in, but never really had the idea of asking until now.
Aug. 13, 2019 at 9:36 a.m.
Follow capfriendly
Quoting: BeastModeUnknown
Would you look into fixing the LTIR. So like Callahan goes on Ottawa they get extra cap space for putting on the LTIR that kind of thing.

And if you could put in a KHL part of this. I am paying more attention to KHL (Since NHL offseason has been completely boring) but I have failed to find anything close to a KHL Cap Breakdown and recent signings. It's something I have been interested in, but never really had the idea of asking until now.

KHL unfortunately isn't really feasible from out stand point, at least at the current time.

Yes, LTIR proper is on the plans for Armchair GM eventually!
Aug. 13, 2019 at 10:39 a.m.
Formerly Jamiepo
Quoting: BeastModeUnknown

Don’t think Ottawa is putting Callahan on ltir. He will be on ir this season unless they find somewhere to spend 15m.
Aug. 15, 2019 at 5:14 p.m.
I know this might be out of reach, but

Would it be possible to do a CHL Armchair-GM?
Aug. 28, 2019 at 12:06 p.m.
Can we get a pop up window that opens up right as someone clicks "submit" on their AGM that forces them to read the following and accept the terms of use:

- Is this a true AGM team or does it belong in the other forum section? (Are you just asking a question or just trying to start a random conversation without any purpose to the specific AGM?)
- Is this a troll post? (Clever title play with no real AGM content payout, trading McDavid for a 7th rounders, riling up a fans base, etc?)
- Are there any significant moves made on this AGM to even dignify submitting it? (If your only making a "lines AGM" fine but are you just posting the default roster without any changes to it?)

I get it, its the summer and literally nothing is happening in the NHL right now but the AGM section has become 10% decent to good quality content, 30% bad but at least honest attempts at quality content and 60% people using it as platform to have random conversations, incite flaming wars and troll posts disguised as real posts with the mentality of that Family guy cutaway where a guy goes to fast food restaurant, pulls his pants down, jumps up on the counter and rubs his naked *** on the counter stating "NOT illegal, not illegal, Show me the law. Not illegal."....
Yojimbo liked this.
Sep. 1, 2019 at 1:10 p.m.
Swedish Caps fan
In armchair-GM, you can choose if you only want to see posts regarding one specific team, but it's not possible to choose the "NHL" general one. That would be good.
Sep. 1, 2019 at 6:12 p.m.
Edited Sep. 1, 2019 at 7:02 p.m.
@banks

While making an ACGM team, if you go to sign rfa’s or UFA’s and go to the team you are making the acgm for to sign them. Then you click another columns like sign reserve list or trade and go back to signing rya’s/ufa’s columns you have to change out of the team you are making an acgm of an go back into it to see that team’s free agents again

If that made sense can you fix it. It gets annoying. If you don’t get it I can try to be more clear.
Sep. 10, 2019 at 11:11 a.m.
Is there a feature on the site that identifies rookie players? That'd be a nice feature to add.
I know the term can be subjective, but I tend to go by Calder Memorial Trophy eligibility.
Sep. 10, 2019 at 12:59 p.m.
Any chance we could get the most traded/signed/etc historical data that used to be on the front page of the AGM a while back ago? I used to remember that was a good tool to see what players are showing up a lot in peoples trades and how much players are being signed for by people on CF.
BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
Sep. 21, 2019 at 5:40 p.m.
Edited Sep. 21, 2019 at 7:49 p.m.
Time to replace INACTIVE POPULAR PLAYERS box with PLACED ON WAIVERS

so no need to mark it in RECALLS
Bflo_Soldier liked this.
Oct. 2, 2019 at 10:05 a.m.
@banks have you guys thought about developing a fantasy hockey spot on here, the actual game of drafting and stuff? I love the AGM feature and the forums and think you already have a massive gathering. I honestly think if you did you would garner a lot of the fantasy hockey world because of how expansive this website truly is. Just a thought.
BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
Oct. 8, 2019 at 2:51 p.m.
It's probably been brought up a few times, but...

AGMs are listed on the AGM page with the logo of the team that the person is AGMing; season and "created by" is also listed. Is there a way to list the teams that the person traded with as well? So something like a header of:
NAME SEASON TRADED WITH CREATED BY
Oct. 8, 2019 at 8:54 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Would it be possible to get a function to use a team's deadline cap space in AGM? Especially when the deadline is approaching, this would be a pretty nice function to have. @Banks
GenXHockey liked this.
Oct. 11, 2019 at 10:35 a.m.
Might be tough to install but, is there anyway we can block or hide certain users agm listings. I dont want to encourage a negative culture on this site but it seems there are more and more troll posts/exact same posts/slightly altered but not really different than the last post posts and its kind of bogging down the quality of posts on the server. I know there is an ignore/report function for site abuse but that only blocks users comments from being seen, it doesnt block that users agm postings from being seen.
Oct. 11, 2019 at 11:18 a.m.
Quoting: hanson493
Might be tough to install but, is there anyway we can block or hide certain users agm listings. I dont want to encourage a negative culture on this site but it seems there are more and more troll posts/exact same posts/slightly altered but not really different than the last post posts and its kind of bogging down the quality of posts on the server. I know there is an ignore/report function for site abuse but that only blocks users comments from being seen, it doesnt block that users agm postings from being seen.

I second this. There are too many posters on here who are actively posting silly outlandish AGM's, just to get a rise out of the other fan bases/posters who can't help themselves from posting a negative comment.
hanson493 liked this.
Oct. 11, 2019 at 6:45 p.m.
Follow capfriendly
Quoting: hanson493

Quoting: F50marco
I second this. There are too many posters on here who are actively posting silly outlandish AGM's, just to get a rise out of the other fan bases/posters who can't help themselves from posting a negative comment.

Thanks, currently an ignore will show a thread if there are any replies from that user (hides it for no replies), but maybe we should add a toggle to your user settings that blocks the threads out right if you'd prefer that.
F50marco and hanson493 liked this.
Oct. 11, 2019 at 6:45 p.m.
Follow capfriendly
Quoting: krakowitz
Would it be possible to get a function to use a team's deadline cap space in AGM? Especially when the deadline is approaching, this would be a pretty nice function to have. @Banks

The issue is AGM is designed completely around a whole season assumption, it wouldn't really benefit AGM in it's current form.
Oct. 12, 2019 at 5:55 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
The issue is AGM is designed completely around a whole season assumption, it wouldn't really benefit AGM in it's current form.

Even in the current season? So in January/February, there would be no way to have something like a "Utilize Deadline Cap" option for just the current season?
Oct. 15, 2019 at 9:02 a.m.
Thanks, currently an ignore will show a thread if there are any replies from that user (hides it for no replies), but maybe we should add a toggle to your user settings that blocks the threads out right if you'd prefer that.

I think i speak for a lot of people on here when we say this seems to be exactly what we are looking for.
Oct. 22, 2019 at 11:04 a.m.
Is it possible to put a character limit on thread titles, especially for ACGM?
Oct. 24, 2019 at 11:39 a.m.
Lets Go Blues
@Banks @Jarvis

Any way to "watch" an entire forum rather than the individual threads? It would be cool to get a notification when someone posted in a team forum and it could cut down the number of armchair posts that are purely team discussions.
Jan. 9, 2020 at 10:21 a.m.
v5 CBJ GM
Just wondering if you guys @Banks @Jarvis @CapFriendly could add a feature where for example you can extend someone into 2020-21 in a 2019-20 ACGM
Jan. 9, 2020 at 10:21 a.m.
v5 CBJ GM

Which is...

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll