SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Site Discussion

Suggestions Megathread

Jun. 6, 2020 at 12:11 a.m.
Quoting: MaxDomi13
I was wondering that you know how you can @ mention users right like @MaxDomi13 so why don't we be able to @ mention a section of users that could be based on, say, favourite team or 2nd favourite team like maybe @1Montreal or @2Montreal

Could you imagine the amount of users you would get
zk97 and AndrewLadd liked this.
Jun. 6, 2020 at 12:16 a.m.
Quoting: ON3M4N
Could we get salaries shown in trades on ACGM's? or maybe show the cap hit change per trade?

You can on the trade machine I think...
Jun. 18, 2020 at 9:31 a.m.
I can not get past Pg1 on post history (in the profile page) and in AGM, if you pick a specific team to review AGM's it will also not go past Pg1. On both if you click the 2 or Next it just goes back to page 1.
Jun. 18, 2020 at 3:34 p.m.
Follow capfriendly
Quoting: Yojimbo
I can not get past Pg1 on post history (in the profile page) and in AGM, if you pick a specific team to review AGM's it will also not go past Pg1. On both if you click the 2 or Next it just goes back to page 1.

By in AGM you mean the AGM tab on the profile page?
Jun. 18, 2020 at 3:37 p.m.
Quoting: Banks

No. The normal AGM section. When I look normal (all teams) I can go to pg1 pg2 etc. But if I pick just the Capitals AGMs, I can see pg1 of just Caps, yet if I click "next" or Pg2 it is still showing just Pg1. Doing it both on the PC and on my phone.
Jun. 19, 2020 at 11:33 a.m.
v5 CBJ GM
Not sure if this has been posted already, but what about a way to duplicate someone else's team and make it your own? It could have like a credit to whoever created it
Jun. 22, 2020 at 12:02 p.m.
v5 CBJ GM
What about a thread for all the site updates?
Jul. 28, 2020 at 11:52 a.m.
I would like to throw out the age thing again. yes, the member could easily lie about their age, but then that is on them.

This would help prevent aggressive responses to AGMs done by those that do not have experience in life, and/or, do think that posting AGMs where they get all of your good players for their bad players is a good idea. Instead of reacting to a AGM/post as if it was posted by a troll, nitwit, other... you know it was just posted by someone that is young.

You could require a birth month and year, keep it unlisted on the side, but then color code usernames above the avatars in posts. Black for 21 and over, Blur for 18-21, green for 16-18, red for under 16.
mokumboi liked this.
Jul. 30, 2020 at 4:27 p.m.
torontos finest
What would it take to be able to publish interactive things unlisted?

You'd still be able to publish an ACGM/Trade/Draft/Whatever and a thread will be created, but it won't be put into the respective board, just kind of hangs out in limbo. Only the person who created it would be able to share it. Would allow for people to share various things from the site without a bunch of users posting about how bad everything is.

Alternatively, letting users turn off comments.
Jul. 30, 2020 at 4:53 p.m.
Quoting: mondo
What would it take to be able to publish interactive things unlisted?

You'd still be able to publish an ACGM/Trade/Draft/Whatever and a thread will be created, but it won't be put into the respective board, just kind of hangs out in limbo. Only the person who created it would be able to share it. Would allow for people to share various things from the site without a bunch of users posting about how bad everything is.

Alternatively, letting users turn off comments.

I have no say in any potential changes just to be clear but just curious what would be the goal then? What would you achieve by doing this?

Seems to me sharing something without the potential of feedback from others kind of defeats the purpose of the forum.
mokumboi liked this.
Jul. 30, 2020 at 5:52 p.m.
torontos finest
Edited Jul. 30, 2020 at 5:58 p.m.
Quoting: F50marco
I have no say in any potential changes just to be clear but just curious what would be the goal then? What would you achieve by doing this?

Seems to me sharing something without the potential of feedback from others kind of defeats the purpose of the forum.

It'd be more about sharing with others and getting feedback from outside the forum. As in, you'd be able to publish ACGM's or whatnot and share them on Reddit/Discord/Whatever.

I'll note that nothing is stopping you from doing that now, it'd be preventing people from here from leaving a variation of the same six replies. People are constantly complaining about either these types comments and the negativity they bring.
Jul. 30, 2020 at 6:33 p.m.
Quoting: mondo
It'd be more about sharing with others and getting feedback from outside the forum. As in, you'd be able to publish ACGM's or whatnot and share them on Reddit/Discord/Whatever.

I'll note that nothing is stopping you from doing that now, it'd be preventing people from here from leaving a variation of the same six replies. People are constantly complaining about either these types comments and the negativity they bring.

I think from a CF perspective, they'd want to try and keep the conversation on the forum for obvious reasons. I mean nothing is stopping anyone from typing out all the names of the players involved in trades
etc and posting that to their favorite site. Its gets the same message across while not taking away the content from CF's website. Once again, I'm not in the know for anything. Just my 2 cents.

As for the comments, Yeah I understand and its frustrating but honestly it will be no different wherever you go. IMHO the best solution is from within. The mods can't possibly remove every non constructive comment on the site. There is simply too many of them and not enough of the mods. I would instead let the users know they have the power to create that shift in mentality themselves. But it requires atleast 1 person to start, followed by another person, followed my another person until eventually comments start to evolve naturally towards a constructive destination. The mods can pick out the remaining non constructive ones.
Aug. 18, 2020 at 3:51 p.m.
Follow CapFriendly
Quoting: BuFfaLOFaN
Hello, I requested this a long time ago but I think that it's reasonable now. Can we create a roster less Seattle team? Where we can import players and then Trade their picks/players and get picks / players?

Have you tried creating a custom team on armchair GM? Or are you looking for something else?
You can always use the Seattle expansion draft simulator then use a custom team armchair GM to incorporate your Seattle expansion draft selections.
Aug. 18, 2020 at 3:54 p.m.
Quoting: Jarvis
Have you tried creating a custom team on armchair GM? Or are you looking for something else?
You can always use the Seattle expansion draft simulator then use a custom team armchair GM to incorporate your Seattle expansion draft selections.

Custom teams are nice but they don't have the features of another team...Like Buffalo. Like I would like to see a Seattle team with Custom team add and create players options + Seattle's picks if that makes sense? So like I can trade picks to Seattle to make then take certain players does that make sense?
Aug. 19, 2020 at 2:48 p.m.
I would like to throw out the age thing again. yes, the member could easily lie about their age, but then that is on them.

This would help prevent aggressive responses to AGMs done by those that do not have experience in life, and/or, do think that posting AGMs where they get all of your good players for their bad players is a good idea. Instead of reacting to a AGM/post as if it was posted by a troll, nitwit, other... you know it was just posted by someone that is young.

You could require a birth month and year, keep it unlisted on the side, but then color code usernames above the avatars in posts. Black for 21 and over, Blur for 18-21, green for 16-18, red for under 16.

Quoting myself!!!

Recent events make me want to push this agenda again. I'd really like to know if I am picking on someone that is simply not intelligent, or if I am picking on a 7 year old.

And I know, don't pick at it or it will never heal... but I can't help myself.
GenXHockey liked this.
Aug. 20, 2020 at 10:14 a.m.
Follow capfriendly
Quoting myself!!!

Recent events make me want to push this agenda again. I'd really like to know if I am picking on someone that is simply not intelligent, or if I am picking on a 7 year old.

And I know, don't pick at it or it will never heal... but I can't help myself.

There will be no displays/featutres related to age for privacy reasons. Please use the ignore feature if you feel a user is frustrating to deal with, or report them if they break the rules.
Aug. 21, 2020 at 3:46 p.m.
Not yet trannycided
Something is very, very wrong with Quick Protect. I clicked it, and without changing any players, this is the team that I was able to create. Is there something wrong with the code? Are people trolling it to the point where the algorithm thinks that these players should be left unprotected? Whatever it is, I would greatly appreciate if you guys could investigate it. Thank you!
Aug. 21, 2020 at 4:34 p.m.
Formerly Jamiepo
Quoting: EmpressKayla
Something is very, very wrong with Quick Protect. I clicked it, and without changing any players, this is the team that I was able to create. Is there something wrong with the code? Are people trolling it to the point where the algorithm thinks that these players should be left unprotected? Whatever it is, I would greatly appreciate if you guys could investigate it. Thank you!

I think it may just randomly protect players. I have tried it before with the same type of outrageous results. I think it just protects nmc contracts and the rest is random.
PrincessChloe liked this.
Aug. 22, 2020 at 11:20 a.m.
Follow capfriendly
Quoting: Jamiepo
I think it may just randomly protect players. I have tried it before with the same type of outrageous results. I think it just protects nmc contracts and the rest is random.

It's not random, but we will investigate why the suggestions seem wonky.
PrincessChloe liked this.
Aug. 22, 2020 at 11:33 a.m.
Formerly Jamiepo
It's not random, but we will investigate why the suggestions seem wonky.

Definitely something up, did a quick protect and scrolled down to Toronto

It left Matthews and Kapanen unprotected and for some reason protected Bracco and ceci.
Aug. 24, 2020 at 1:29 p.m.
Chicago

When I set up an AGM, and try to make a trade with Calgary, Rasmus Andersson is not on the list of tradeable players. It starts with Mikael Backlund. Andersson is missing, I'm not sure if others are missing from other teams but I just checked today. It seems spotty, sometimes he's there, sometimes he isn't.
Aug. 25, 2020 at 12:39 a.m.
What in tarnation
Quoting: NickC1988
When I set up an AGM, and try to make a trade with Calgary, Rasmus Andersson is not on the list of tradeable players. It starts with Mikael Backlund. Andersson is missing, I'm not sure if others are missing from other teams but I just checked today. It seems spotty, sometimes he's there, sometimes he isn't.

I've noticed this same thing happening me but only in 2019-20 season AGMs. I think it's sort of a glitch for players who's contract we're to expire this year but they re-signed with their current teams mid-season.

This same thing applies for at least Marcus Pettersson, Nicklas Bäckström, Darnell Nurse, i.e. players who got re-signed mid-season.
Sep. 1, 2020 at 1:36 a.m.
Formerly Jamiepo
Just wondering if it is possible to have the player tags and long term outlook display the correct contract expiration status for players you signed in the agm.

Right now if you sign an rfa to a contract that brings them to ufa the player tag still says rfa in the corner and the long term outlook says rfa as well. Even though the player will be ufa.
F50marco liked this.
Sep. 2, 2020 at 2:47 p.m.
Banned
Hey guys 3 quick ones:

1. An option to filter ACGMs by which team is traded to.
2. The ability to "retire" or. "CBO" players instead of trading them to Anaheim and writing "retired" etc...
3. Please mdoerate better, I got another Warning for saying that a trade stinks. Yet I keep getting called names and literally threatened by various guys (Bcarlo25 BF3351 etc...) and when I report them I see that they are still on this website meaning that they arent being banned
Sep. 3, 2020 at 9:29 p.m.
When searching for players in an AGM, is it possible to have players show up as results without having to type the accents in their name? For example, Vrana and Halak technically have accents in their last names (Vrána and Halák) and they don't show up as results without using the accents. This isn't an issue with the main search bar, but it does remove the names from the ACGM search (i.e. custom search/UFA search) if it isn't a perfect match.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll