SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Site Discussion

Suggestions Megathread

Mar. 28, 2023 at 7:55 a.m.
Tintin over 1122
The links on the players in trades and signings in acgm is pretty cool. Nicely done
Banks and palhal liked this.
Mar. 28, 2023 at 8:00 a.m.
Follow capfriendly
Quoting: ARMCHAIRGMOFTHEYEAR
Long Term Outlook isnt working, if you click on it nothing changes

This should be fixed with todays release, please let me know if not.

---

A relatively big behind-the-scenes went live today for AGM, please let me know if you run into any bugs!
capsfan2121, NoVaSpartan, TheFastAndTheFleuryous and 1 other person liked this.
Mar. 28, 2023 at 8:45 a.m.
Tintin over 1122
Would it be possible in acgm to see the non roster for posts like in the cf gm game.

Like this

For every post in acgm
BigBallsBriere liked this.
Mar. 28, 2023 at 11:19 a.m.
Quoting: Cdn_bacon
Multi year Arm-Chair GM's

So you'd have a view of your 2018-19 lineup and your projected 2019-2020 team on the same page.

Yeah, and render the draft capital as interactive components as a result of that. I made a suggestion for ACGM's to expand and support the rosters of AHL and development leagues teams, and having them all interwoven would support the notion of having multi-year projected NHL ACGM's.
Cdn_bacon liked this.
Mar. 28, 2023 at 6:29 p.m.
CapFriendly’s history of trades seem to cover most active players and cover most of cap era. But there are very few from mid-2000s and earlier.

A few things that I think would be very interesting for putting together trade ideas (and likely lead many of us to spend more time here than we should):

1. A longer, fuller history of trades, especially for draft picks to be linked in details in earlier years in the draft tool. I know this is likely a huge effort in man-hours, but perhaps some users would be willing to collect data.

2. More detailed search filters for finding historical trade comps. Maybe the ability to search by biographical information, contracts, stats. For instance, if my team wanted to sell a RHD in his late twenties, who has two years on contract and plays 18 minutes a night…I could find comps that suggest what the market would likely pay for such a player. Or if I wanted to look up the last dman to return three 1st round picks, I could find it with longer history and deeper search tools (I think the answer was Glen Wesley).

3. Some sort of filter for prospects that show how they were valued in a certain year. For instance, if you wanted to search top-10 or top-25 prospects from previous years, one could use the Hockey News historical prospects lists (not always the best lists, but they have historical record that goes back decades). Or if there are rights issues, could use composite ranking from earlier years.

One of the biggest faults of many ACGM users is basing trade valuations of trade returns based on nothing (myself included). I think a deeper history of trades in CapFriendly’s library and some detailed ways to sort them would better educate users and improve our experience here.
capsfan2121 liked this.
Mar. 29, 2023 at 11:46 a.m.
Edited Jun. 1, 2023 at 11:06 a.m.
Manson, zk97 and Devil liked this.
Apr. 5, 2023 at 9:22 a.m.
Hop on the Slaftrain
The waivers exempt icon on players in ACGM is a great add. However, I'm not really a fan of the bonuses. Not only it makes the display feel too crowded, but it also messes up the size of the players' rectangles. I think a "bonus section" below the "buyouts", "retained salary" and "buried" sections would be visually better.
DucharmetheDOMinator, capsfan2121, A_Habs_fan and 6 others liked this.
Apr. 5, 2023 at 9:28 a.m.
stop daddy it hurts
Just wondering if it's possible to have mock drafts before 2003.
Apr. 5, 2023 at 9:56 a.m.
Follow capfriendly
Quoting: SevenLeg
The waivers exempt icon on players in ACGM is a great add. However, I'm not really a fan of the bonuses. Not only it makes the display feel too crowded, but it also messes up the size of the players' rectangles. I think a "bonus section" below the "buyouts", "retained salary" and "buried" sections would be visually better.

I understand the issue pointed out, the trouble with the suggested fix is that you cannot see the p.bonuses of minors players in that case before you recall them.

I'll do some more brainstorming on fixes
Apr. 5, 2023 at 9:57 a.m.
Follow capfriendly
Quoting: capsfan2121
Would it be possible in acgm to see the non roster for posts like in the cf gm game.

Like this

For every post in acgm

It is certainly possible, it was decided against years ago due to people not having interest in the minors roster, but it can always be changed.
BigBallsBriere and zk97 liked this.
Apr. 5, 2023 at 10:11 a.m.
Quoting: Banks
It is certainly possible, it was decided against years ago due to people not having interest in the minors roster, but it can always be changed.

A way to compromise that could be to add a check-box (if possible) right under the "does this team meet the above requirements" that asks "show non-roster", that way users can decide if they want to show the minors squad
capsfan2121, SevenLeg, NoVaSpartan and 2 others liked this.
Apr. 5, 2023 at 10:28 a.m.
Tintin over 1122
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
A way to compromise that could be to add a check-box (if possible) right under the "does this team meet the above requirements" that asks "show non-roster", that way users can decide if they want to show the minors squad

That’s a very good idea
Apr. 5, 2023 at 11:11 a.m.
Amirov Forever
Edited Apr. 5, 2023 at 11:24 a.m.
Quoting: A_Habs_fan

I feel like a tab for NHL Non-Roster would be the best. Put it right next to the roster tab. Something like this:

mockup.png

mockup_2.png

Pressing on it could look something like this. I do like the idea of having the checkbox to show Non-Roster right before posting though. Having that in tandem with the proposed tab could be nice. I'd assume if it was on by default for every ACGM, many people wouldn't utilize it and most people wouldn't bother to check. Having to turn it on right before posting could help show when someone has conscientiously made the decision to show non roster and potentially care about it for the purposes of the ACGM
capsfan2121, BigBallsBriere, BeterChiarelli and 1 other person liked this.
Apr. 12, 2023 at 8:36 a.m.
Follow capfriendly
Quoting: SevenLeg

This should be resolved now with yesterdays update. Lots of visual fixes, especially for mobile
Sharkie69 liked this.
Apr. 13, 2023 at 8:16 p.m.
For the ACGM's, when you select a season, you see the same set of draft picks for the selected team, regardless of the season you select. I'd like to see that if I select the 2024-25 season, for example, that the three years of draft capital start from that same year.
Apr. 21, 2023 at 10:26 a.m.
Love all the recent updates.

Would like to ask for the ability to bookmark AGM teams. Be fun to remember how right or wrong you are about stuff
capsfan2121, BigBallsBriere, NoVaSpartan and 2 others liked this.
Apr. 25, 2023 at 11:21 p.m.
GO KNIGHTS GO
Right now with ACGMs, it’s hard to tell how long user-signed players are signed for — it just says UFA or RFA. Maybe add in a bolded number indicating contract length?
May 6, 2023 at 1:21 p.m.
There anyway you can follow a forum.

Eg. Wild fan follows the Wild Forum so if someone posts a new thread they get a notification for it. In the same way you can watch a thread.

Might help with building the smaller forums not just the season long megathreads that come up.
NorthernLeafsFan05, nickthehabsfan, A_Habs_fan and 4 others liked this.
May 22, 2023 at 8:06 p.m.
Maybe add coaches and GMs to signings threads
May 22, 2023 at 8:24 p.m.
Amirov Forever
There seems to be a bug when trying to load more trades when looking at a specific GM.

For example, going to Dubas' staff profile, pressing trades, selecting "see all", and then pressing "load more" results in an infinite loop of loading. When doing the same thing but only sorting by team, the "load more" option is pretty much instant
May 22, 2023 at 9:29 p.m.
Follow CapFriendly
Quoting: Nathaniel
There seems to be a bug when trying to load more trades when looking at a specific GM.

For example, going to Dubas' staff profile, pressing trades, selecting "see all", and then pressing "load more" results in an infinite loop of loading. When doing the same thing but only sorting by team, the "load more" option is pretty much instant

Thanks we will look into it
NorthernLeafsFan05 liked this.
May 25, 2023 at 12:15 p.m.
CFGM Game Moderator
One thing I'd like to request would be for "create a player" function.
Currently the options when doing this are...
-name
-position
-cap hit
-number of years
What I suggest adding is an "EXPIRY" option, so when you create the player it will display on the new player card whether the end of the contract length results in the player being an RFA or UFA

Would it also be possible for the team icon to display on a created players new card?
Also having the new players cap number show up in the long term outlook tab spread out over the number of years created.

I ask because this would be helpful mainly for us in the GM Game forum since our cap hits don't always match those of the real life numbers.

Last, it would be so great if there was a way to just roll over a created team (gm game) year to year rather than having to create an entire new team.
Not sure that's even possible, but being able to EDIT the team to a new season and have all the new info (teams draft picks) show up.
nickthehabsfan and NR1203 liked this.
May 26, 2023 at 9:02 a.m.
When looking at the contracts section of a players page as they are broken out year by year a column with the players age that year would be helpful when proposing trades etc
May 31, 2023 at 1:28 p.m.
Suggestion: when looking at ACGM list, one can see the team icons for all the trades (or top-5). But we cannot see if a team has offer-sheeted a player. Maybe add the team icon so their fans could have a chance to respond?
Jun. 1, 2023 at 11:12 a.m.
Suggestion: a calendar with upcoming dates.

June 1 signing deadline
June 15-21 (tbd) Team-elected Arb window
June 28-29 Entry Draft
June 30 Deadline to qualify RFAs
July 1 Free agency
July 5 Player elected Arb deadline
August 15 NCAA draftee signing deadline

…etc etc
NoVaSpartan liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options: