SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

Are the Leafs better the same or worse with poll

Are the Leafs better, the same, or worse than last season?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Aug. 4, 2021 at 11:37 a.m.
CapFriendly Bot: Thread moved to appropriate forum
Aug. 4, 2021 at 12:21 p.m.
torontos finest
About the same. Their only major loss was Hyman and I think they've done alright filling out the roster depth with his absence.
Saskleaf liked this.
Aug. 11, 2021 at 10:23 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
In a sense they lost Hyman and Bogo in the offseason

Hyman was replaced by: Ritchie + Kase + Kampf

Only guy leafs really didnt replace is Bogosian. Not counting Biega as hes probs with the Marlies

So rn the same.

As if we look at the 2020-2021 starting lineup we had

Thorton-Matthews-Marner
Vesey-Tavares-Nylander
Mikheyev-Kerfoot-Hyman
Simmonds-Spezza-Barabanov

Now we probs gonna use

Mikheyev-Matthews-Marner
Bunting-Tavares-Nylander
Ritchie-Kerfoot-Kase
Simmonds-Kampf-Spezza
Aug. 13, 2021 at 11:51 a.m.
Drover006
Quoting: aadoyle

Only guy leafs really didnt replace is Bogosian. Not counting Biega as hes probs with the Marlies

So rn the same.

Thorton-Matthews-Marner
Vesey-Tavares-Nylander
Mikheyev-Kerfoot-Hyman

Now we probs gonna use

Mikheyev-Matthews-Marner
Bunting-Tavares-Nylander
Ritchie-Kerfoot-Kase
Simmonds-Kampf-Spezza

If mikheyev can have a offensive game that 1st line would be nasty. Don't even have to be stellar just anything offensively
Aug. 13, 2021 at 11:54 a.m.
Drover006
I think we're better just waiting to see how things mesh and line are. I think marner to Tavares line would be a good move. I think marner will be better with Tavares on his line.

Also have feeling about spreading the line and having Nylander down to 3 but idk anymore

1 LW is the mystery. Kerfoot bunting Ritchie Mikheyev Engvall Robertson? Nylander?

Defense is a mystery I want to know what we're doing to Rielly before the season. If a trade do happen where we get a dman who can play middle pair mins I would assume we would have some cap space to get a goal scoring winger. Would have to use some of the farm to do so but if your competing you have to.
I would assume a Rielly trade would involve a 1st atleast as well freeing up our 1st if we want to trade it
Aug. 13, 2021 at 1:00 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: DroverD2
If mikheyev can have a offensive game that 1st line would be nasty. Don't even have to be stellar just anything offensively

Mikheyev is mainly there for his speed and defensive ability. Plus he was the second go to guy in battling for the puck in dirty areas or in front of the net rebounds. Hes a good option to play with AM and MM. The second is Bunting but Bunting to me honestly will fit better with JT and WN
Aug. 17, 2021 at 6:38 p.m.
hey look a squirrel
Quoting: mondo
About the same. Their only major loss was Hyman and I think they've done alright filling out the roster depth with his absence.

So rn the same.

Thorton-Matthews-Marner
Vesey-Tavares-Nylander
Mikheyev-Kerfoot-Hyman

Now we probs gonna use

Mikheyev-Matthews-Marner
Bunting-Tavares-Nylander
Ritchie-Kerfoot-Kase
Simmonds-Kampf-Spezza

The big question is Rielly.
Is he staying? Is he going? If going, who is replacing him?

I really want to Rielly moved whether directly or indirectly for Dahlin.

I think with Power and Butcher added to Sabres D this year, they can afford to move him a FW. Robertson, 1st rounder and more can get him here.

But where does Rielly go?
A few spots make sense for him... New Jersey and Columbus are my Hope's...

But the question is what kind of return do you want for Rielly? Roster player, assets, or a combo of young player and assets.

What do you guys want?
aadoyle liked this.
Aug. 17, 2021 at 7:52 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Trickster
The big question is Rielly.
Is he staying? Is he going? If going, who is replacing him?

I really want to Rielly moved whether directly or indirectly for Dahlin.

I think with Power and Butcher added to Sabres D this year, they can afford to move him a FW. Robertson, 1st rounder and more can get him here.

But where does Rielly go?
A few spots make sense for him... New Jersey and Columbus are my Hope's...

But the question is what kind of return do you want for Rielly? Roster player, assets, or a combo of young player and assets.

What do you guys want?

RN its very risky to move Rielly unless you get a better Dman back. Rielly can play 20+ mins a night and contribute offense when need be. He also is the longest serving member of this team. Leafs rn are in win now mode so losing him could hurt their chances of making the playoffs. That said if his replacement can fill in and do a better job then yes. Its a gamble that's to risky for Dubas to do rn.

Sure Buffalo may be willing to move on from Dahlin but from that speech Adams made about the future it seems Dahlin is part of their plans. Now from what I have been hearing Seattle has interest and could offer Dunn+ in a package back for him. But that comes with risks as Dunn is a good dman statistically but often fails the eye test and that can cause problems for Toronto. So as of now it seems the best option may be to keep Rielly unless a really good trade comes Dubas's way
Trickster liked this.
Aug. 18, 2021 at 12:56 p.m.
hey look a squirrel
RN its very risky to move Rielly unless you get a better Dman back. Rielly can play 20+ mins a night and contribute offense when need be. He also is the longest serving member of this team. Leafs rn are in win now mode so losing him could hurt their chances of making the playoffs. That said if his replacement can fill in and do a better job then yes. Its a gamble that's to risky for Dubas to do rn.

Sure Buffalo may be willing to move on from Dahlin but from that speech Adams made about the future it seems Dahlin is part of their plans. Now from what I have been hearing Seattle has interest and could offer Dunn+ in a package back for him. But that comes with risks as Dunn is a good dman statistically but often fails the eye test and that can cause problems for Toronto. So as of now it seems the best option may be to keep Rielly unless a really good trade comes Dubas's way

I like Dunn but replacement for Rielly is a stretch for him.
My thoughts on Dunn was to have him next to Muzzin on 2nd pair.

So you dont want Rielly traded and rather let him walk?
Saskleaf liked this.
Aug. 19, 2021 at 12:02 a.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Aug. 19, 2021 at 12:09 a.m.
I like Dunn but replacement for Rielly is a stretch for him.
My thoughts on Dunn was to have him next to Muzzin on 2nd pair.

So you dont want Rielly traded and rather let him walk?

I would rather try and extend him at a reasonable price if I'm being honest. Unless Sandin goes on an incredible run or someone is offering a LD better than rielly in a trade its not safe to move him . Leafs are in win now mode and one wrong move can hurt that. So Dubas needs to tread the waters very carefully especially when it comes to this dcore. In general, Dubas already made it clear the goal is to extend Rielly and he said if a deal could not be worked on he will most likely be moved. Expect his extension probs at the deadline like what happened with Muzzin.
Aug. 19, 2021 at 1:26 p.m.
hey look a squirrel
Edited Aug. 19, 2021 at 1:33 p.m.
I would rather try and extend him at a reasonable price if I'm being honest. Unless Sandin goes on an incredible run or someone is offering a LD better than rielly in a trade its not safe to move him . Leafs are in win now mode and one wrong move can hurt that. So Dubas needs to tread the waters very carefully especially when it comes to this dcore. In general, Dubas already made it clear the goal is to extend Rielly and he said if a deal could not be worked on he will most likely be moved. Expect his extension probs at the deadline like what happened with Muzzin.

Dubas also said the extension needs to be done before season starts OR he will be trading Rielly.

I don't see how we can afford him and more importantly why should we?

This team has soon no improvement year after year.
Trading Rielly would send the message that the continued lack of success in the playoffs is unacceptable.

Win mode or not, a message needs to be sent by action and not words.
Aug. 19, 2021 at 3:41 p.m.
Drover006
Dubas also said the extension needs to be done before season starts OR he will be trading Rielly.

I don't see how we can afford him and more importantly why should we?

This team has soon no improvement year after year.
Trading Rielly would send the message that the continued lack of success in the playoffs is unacceptable.

Win mode or not, a message needs to be sent by action and not words.

He didn't say he would be trading Rielly. The extension is wanted to be done by both sides before the season.

Reason we would want to keep Rielly is because he's been here throughout everything and it's be just like the Freddie situation. We trade/let him go as soon we find a partner for him. Only way I would feel good on trading Rielly is if the package helps a need and that sandin is ready for that jump which I feel like is going to be next year. Our Left side without getting a D back would be Muzzin Sandin Dermott. Bottom 4 both didn't have a full job during the payoffs
Aug. 19, 2021 at 7:02 p.m.
hey look a squirrel
Quoting: DroverD2
He didn't say he would be trading Rielly. The extension is wanted to be done by both sides before the season.

Reason we would want to keep Rielly is because he's been here throughout everything and it's be just like the Freddie situation. We trade/let him go as soon we find a partner for him. Only way I would feel good on trading Rielly is if the package helps a need and that sandin is ready for that jump which I feel like is going to be next year. Our Left side without getting a D back would be Muzzin Sandin Dermott. Bottom 4 both didn't have a full job during the payoffs

Sandin is not ready.
Go watch the playoffs if you think I'm wrong.

I am okay with him at 3rd pair role with maybe 1st PP or 2nd PP duties but that's it.

Are you with the message to the locker room that the lack of playoff success is acceptable??

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit