Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$894,167$894,167
LD
UFA - 1
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$750,000$750,000
LW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Aug. 4, 2021 at 12:20 p.m.
you could say that for literally any team
habsfan00 and Faulk_my_Dzingel liked this.
Aug. 4, 2021 at 12:25 p.m.
I think Bunting is going to be great on this team, some stability and familiarity on the bottom-6 should go a long way as well.
Wqrrior liked this.
Aug. 4, 2021 at 12:31 p.m.
Quoting: JaredOfLondon

Yup that's why Tampa missed the playoffs last year when Kucherov was injured
Komisarek liked this.
Aug. 4, 2021 at 12:31 p.m.
What are you talking about? This roster is better than last years. Let me give you some examples.

If Matthews is hurt, they can run Bunting/Ritchie-Tavares-Marner and Bunting/Ritchie-Kerfoot/Nylander-Nylander/Kase.
If Marner is hurt, they can run Bunting/Ritchie-Matthews-Nylander/Kase and Bunting/Ritchie-Tavares-Nylander/Kase.
If Tavares is hurt, they can run Bunting/Ritchie-Matthews-Marner and Bunting/Ritchie-Kerfoot/Nylander-Nylander/Kase.
If Nylander is hurt, they can run Bunting/Ritchie-Matthews-Marner and Bunting/Ritchie-Kerfoot/Nylander-Nylander/Kase.

They have so many options and depth to cover if someone up front is hurt. Your point is so invalid. And what team in the NHL is not in trouble when one of their stars go down during the season. Don't use the Tampa example, they knew before the season started that he was going to be hurt so they could plan ahead and sign guys in the offseason to cover for that. They could not have done that if he got hurt in game 5 of the regular season.
Aug. 4, 2021 at 12:32 p.m.
Quoting: TheAlien

yeah, and just because it can happen doesnt mean it will happen. The leafs missed Hyman a hunk of last year, Matthews in a couple years, Nylander for most of a season etc etc etc.
It's almost like missing important players is a big deal
Faulk_my_Dzingel liked this.
Aug. 4, 2021 at 12:36 p.m.
Quoting: TheAlien

They knew he was hurt before the season started... They didn't have to move guys out to be under the $81.5M ceiling as they knew he would be out for the entire regular season. Essentially they used his whole cap hit to replace him during the regular season.
Faulk_my_Dzingel liked this.
Aug. 4, 2021 at 2:29 p.m.
Ex Nucks fan

Not true. Other teams actually have DEPTH because they didn’t waste half their cap space on 4 players…
Komisarek liked this.
Aug. 4, 2021 at 3:10 p.m.
Quoting: Juiceman
Not true. Other teams actually have DEPTH because they didn’t waste half their cap space on 4 players…

Weird how the leafs made the playoffs despite having all those injuries and no depth
Aug. 4, 2021 at 3:16 p.m.
Ex Nucks fan
Weird how the leafs made the playoffs despite having all those injuries and no depth

Funny how they all forgot to show up when it mattered most. I’d rather have a higher round pick than get kicked in the first round of the playoffs by a wildcard team
Shibbal18 and Komisarek liked this.
Aug. 4, 2021 at 3:16 p.m.
You know nothing JS
Their depth is horrible but they will make the playoffs anyway. For a round.

TML won 2/3 of their games without Matthews. You would need to have more than one injury to change that...
Aug. 4, 2021 at 3:17 p.m.
torontos finest
really glad i don't go into this ****ty board often anymore
Aug. 4, 2021 at 3:40 p.m.
Funny how they all forgot to show up when it mattered most. I’d rather have a higher round pick than get kicked in the first round of the playoffs by a wildcard team

what does that have to do with depth and injuries? Did you run out of steam on your point so fast that you had to default to a retread argument? What even is your point here, that the leafs should blow the team up because Marner makes like 1.5 million bucks too much and you think another 3rd liner will propel the leafs to greatness?
Aug. 4, 2021 at 3:45 p.m.
Ex Nucks fan
what does that have to do with depth and injuries? Did you run out of steam on your point so fast that you had to default to a retread argument? What even is your point here, that the leafs should blow the team up because Marner makes like 1.5 million bucks too much and you think another 3rd liner will propel the leafs to greatness?

Yes in fact. Your left side is completely bare and looks like an AHL left wing group. Take away Marner or Nylander. The right wing also becomes bare. You have 4 players who can play in the top six. You need at least 6-8 players who are capable of playing in the top six in case of injuries. Tavares got injured in the first round and his absences showed. Leafs have one of the worst forward depths in the league and it shows when you have guys like Michael Bunting and Nick Ritchie in your top six….
Aug. 4, 2021 at 3:50 p.m.
Yes in fact. Your left side is completely bare and looks like an AHL left wing group. Take away Marner or Nylander. The right wing also becomes bare. You have 4 players who can play in the top six. You need at least 6-8 players who are capable of playing in the top six in case of injuries. Tavares got injured in the first round and his absences showed. Leafs have one of the worst forward depths in the league and it shows when you have guys like Michael Bunting and Nick Ritchie in your top six….

so again, if the leafs are so delicate, then how did they make the playoffs before when they had so many injuries in previous seasons? All of Matthews, Tavares, Nylander, Hyman, Rielly, Muzzin and Andersen have lost significant time, often many of them at once and yet the leafs still make the play offs.
Literally any team would 'show' if they lost a guy as important as Tavares, especially when compounded by other players having a ****ty few games and Muzzin also getting hurt, but pretending the leafs have some of the worst depth in the league when both winnipeg and vegas looked even more lost when they lost a main guy is hilarious.
Vegas has Chandler Stephenson as their 1C and you wanna talk about the leafs having a couple middle 6ers riding shotgun with 4 very good 1st liners including the literal best goal scorer in the league.
Aug. 4, 2021 at 3:53 p.m.
Ex Nucks fan
so again, if the leafs are so delicate, then how did they make the playoffs before when they had so many injuries in previous seasons? All of Matthews, Tavares, Nylander, Hyman, Rielly, Muzzin and Andersen have lost significant time, often many of them at once and yet the leafs still make the play offs.
Literally any team would 'show' if they lost a guy as important as Tavares, especially when compounded by other players having a ****ty few games and Muzzin also getting hurt, but pretending the leafs have some of the worst depth in the league when both winnipeg and vegas looked even more lost when they lost a main guy is hilarious.
Vegas has Chandler Stephenson as their 1C and you wanna talk about the leafs having a couple middle 6ers riding shotgun with 4 very good 1st liners including the literal best goal scorer in the league.

Hyman and Anderson is gone. Campbell is a fringe starter but cant play 50-60 games in a season. Your point is exactly what I’m saying. You have 4 amazing players but that does t matter when the the other 8 players in your forward group belongs in the AHL. Maple Leafs will always be a regular season team but it shows their lack of depth when they can’t even win a single round… Vegas has great depth and they only need one number 1 center whereas the leafs at least need 2-4 more guys who are actually NHL top six caliber players.
Aug. 4, 2021 at 3:57 p.m.
Hyman and Anderson is gone. Campbell is a fringe starter but cant play 50-60 games in a season. Your point is exactly what I’m saying. You have 4 amazing players but that does t matter when the the other 8 players in your forward group belongs in the AHL. Maple Leafs will always be a regular season team but it shows their lack of depth when they can’t even win a single round… Vegas has great depth and they only need one number 1 center whereas the leafs at least need 2-4 more guys who are actually NHL top six caliber players.

Yeah, and the leafs replaced Hyman with a guy who scored as many goals as he did while playing 3rd line mins not attached to Matthews and Marner, then they replaced galchenyuk with a guy who had more goals and is younger and not crap defensivly. Then they also added another guy who is probably better than everyone mentioned previously if he can simply stay healthy. Oh, and they replaced Andersen with a goalie who has been better than him for 2 years.
As far as the roster, if you think that any of the regulars belong in the AHL, well then you simply have no idea what you are talking about. Not every team can load up on 6 5 million dollar bottom 6 guys like tampa, oh yeah, and they lost an entire line that was vital to them in both cup runs, do they not have depth now?
Aug. 4, 2021 at 4:01 p.m.
Ex Nucks fan
Yeah, and the leafs replaced Hyman with a guy who scored as many goals as he did while playing 3rd line mins not attached to Matthews and Marner, then they replaced galchenyuk with a guy who had more goals and is younger and not crap defensivly. Then they also added another guy who is probably better than everyone mentioned previously if he can simply stay healthy. Oh, and they replaced Andersen with a goalie who has been better than him for 2 years.
As far as the roster, if you think that any of the regulars belong in the AHL, well then you simply have no idea what you are talking about. Not every team can load up on 6 5 million dollar bottom 6 guys like tampa, oh yeah, and they lost an entire line that was vital to them in both cup runs, do they not have depth now?

Better depth than the Maple Leafs still. Kucherov Point Stamkos is better than Tavares Matthews and Marner. They did lose a lot of good players but they had a lot of them in the first place so they still have depth. Kucherov, Point, Stamkos, Palat, Killorn are all proven top 6 players. I’m not even a Tampa fan but they are still much much better than the Toronto Make Beliefs…
Aug. 4, 2021 at 4:07 p.m.
Better depth than the Maple Leafs still. Kucherov Point Stamkos is better than Tavares Matthews and Marner. They did lose a lot of good players but they had a lot of them in the first place so they still have depth. Kucherov, Point, Stamkos, Palat, Killorn are all proven top 6 players. I’m not even a Tampa fan but they are still much much better than the Toronto Make Beliefs…

oh wow, the leafs are worse than the best team in the NHL, what a revelation, and you capped it off with a 60 year old joke about the leafs name, how delightful coming from a fan of a team who has never won anything that is currently being driven into the ground like a fence post in hell. I get it, you have no idea what is going on with the leafs other than the repeated "40 million on 4 players!" argument that people love to drone on about because they're too lazy to actually think about the team, but at least try to follow along to the debate and not get yourself so twisted up the only think you can establish is that the leafs arnt as good as the reigning back to back cup champs
Aug. 4, 2021 at 4:11 p.m.
Ex Nucks fan
oh wow, the leafs are worse than the best team in the NHL, what a revelation, and you capped it off with a 60 year old joke about the leafs name, how delightful coming from a fan of a team who has never won anything that is currently being driven into the ground like a fence post in hell. I get it, you have no idea what is going on with the leafs other than the repeated "40 million on 4 players!" argument that people love to drone on about because they're too lazy to actually think about the team, but at least try to follow along to the debate and not get yourself so twisted up the only think you can establish is that the leafs arnt as good as the reigning back to back cup champs

We’ve never won a cup yet our cup drought is still shorter than yours 💀 💀 💀…. You literally went out of your way to compare the Leafs to Tampa by saying Tampa lost depth and no you’re calling them the best team in the league now…. Your argument lacks consistency bud. Teams have every right to make fun of a team that has 40 million dollar core 4 group and has yet to win any rounds since 2004… Vancouver Canucks have a better forward group than Toronto. Our defense sucks but that doesn’t matter. We have done more in the last 2 years that the Leafs have failed to do since 04 and that is to win a round. How exactly are we being driven to the ground. Our forward group has depth unlike the Leafs and we have a very good shot at the playoffs….
Aug. 4, 2021 at 4:16 p.m.
We’ve never won a cup yet our cup drought is still shorter than yours 💀 💀 💀…. You literally went out of your way to compare the Leafs to Tampa by saying Tampa lost depth and no you’re calling them the best team in the league now…. Your argument lacks consistency bud. Teams have every right to make fun of a team that has 40 million dollar core 4 group and has yet to win any rounds since 2004… Vancouver Canucks have a better forward group than Toronto. Our defense sucks but that doesn’t matter. We have done more in the last 2 years that the Leafs have failed to do since 04 and that is to win a round. How exactly are we being driven to the ground. Our forward group has depth unlike the Leafs and we have a very good shot at the playoffs….

no, never is longer than any set period of years.
And i did compare them to the leafs in the way that they lost an entire line, a very important one and yet no one seems concerned about their depth, then you took them being still better as the leafs as some sort of victory worth throwing around. So I simply pointed out that if that was the only point you were able to successfully make, then you havent made much of a point.
And if you think the vancouver canucks have a better forward group than the leafs, i dont know what to tell you. Vancouver is nowhere near as good as the leafs at any position, and the only way vancouver makes the playoffs is because they are in a laughably terrible division, one at which they are a bottom 3 team in.
Aug. 4, 2021 at 4:20 p.m.
Ex Nucks fan
no, never is longer than any set period of years.
And i did compare them to the leafs in the way that they lost an entire line, a very important one and yet no one seems concerned about their depth, then you took them being still better as the leafs as some sort of victory worth throwing around. So I simply pointed out that if that was the only point you were able to successfully make, then you havent made much of a point.
And if you think the vancouver canucks have a better forward group than the leafs, i dont know what to tell you. Vancouver is nowhere near as good as the leafs at any position, and the only way vancouver makes the playoffs is because they are in a laughably terrible division, one at which they are a bottom 3 team in.

You mean to tell me that a top 6 consisting of Bunting and Ritchie is better than Vancouver. I understand you know nothing about the Vancouver Canucks but your point is invalid. The leafs have a bottom 10 forwards groups in terms of depth whereas the Canucks have a top 10 forward group in terms of depth. Last time the Leafs won a cup I bet you weren’t even alive. Vancouver Canucks are better in goaltending and you literally can’t say otherwise. The only thing that Toronto is better at is goaltending… come back when you’ve learned your facts….
Aug. 4, 2021 at 4:29 p.m.
You mean to tell me that a top 6 consisting of Bunting and Ritchie is better than Vancouver. I understand you know nothing about the Vancouver Canucks but your point is invalid. The leafs have a bottom 10 forwards groups in terms of depth whereas the Canucks have a top 10 forward group in terms of depth. Last time the Leafs won a cup I bet you weren’t even alive. Vancouver Canucks are better in goaltending and you literally can’t say otherwise. The only thing that Toronto is better at is goaltending… come back when you’ve learned your facts….

yes, i am telling you that because the Leafs other 4 guys are Marner, Matthews, Tavares and Nylander and the canucks have 1 guy that's on Marner's level (if he's healthy) and 2 guys who are on Nylanders, and another guy who might be as good as nylander if he ever breaks 40 points. The canucks are awful, their forward depth is awful after 4 guys who arnt even in the same conversation as the leafs top 4. And goaltending? Maybe if Demko ever has more than 1 run of 10 really good games he might be better than Mrazek and Campbell who were both better than him last year.
So i came back, what now? Did you learn any facts?
Aug. 4, 2021 at 4:37 p.m.
Ex Nucks fan
yes, i am telling you that because the Leafs other 4 guys are Marner, Matthews, Tavares and Nylander and the canucks have 1 guy that's on Marner's level (if he's healthy) and 2 guys who are on Nylanders, and another guy who might be as good as nylander if he ever breaks 40 points. The canucks are awful, their forward depth is awful after 4 guys who arnt even in the same conversation as the leafs top 4. And goaltending? Maybe if Demko ever has more than 1 run of 10 really good games he might be better than Mrazek and Campbell who were both better than him last year.

I run? Ok bud don’t talk to me about 1 good run because that is all Campbell had last year in an even more embarrassing North Division. Demko is and elite goalie and Campbell is at most a fringe starter…. If you bother to look at analytics, Demko has one of the highest GSAA on a terrible Canucks team. If you actually think that Campbell is better than Demko then I don’t know what to tell you. Vancouver has way more depth than the Leafs. Pettersson is at Matthews level. He will become a top 5 center in the league. Boeser and Miller are also great. Tavares is gonna start declining and Boeser is gonna hit his prime soon. Garland is extremely underrated and was on pace for 60 points this season. Hoglander and Podkolzin are better than any of your young players in your middle six. Dickinson is one of the best defensive centers in the entire league. You really mean to tell me that the Leafs forwards depth is better. All jokes man you must not know a lot about other teams…
Aug. 4, 2021 at 4:46 p.m.
I run? Ok bud don’t talk to me about 1 good run because that is all Campbell had last year in an even more embarrassing North Division. Demko is and elite goalie and Campbell is at most a fringe starter…. If you bother to look at analytics, Demko has one of the highest GSAA on a terrible Canucks team. If you actually think that Campbell is better than Demko then I don’t know what to tell you. Vancouver has way more depth than the Leafs. Pettersson is at Matthews level. He will become a top 5 center in the league. Boeser and Miller are also great. Tavares is gonna start declining and Boeser is gonna hit his prime soon. Garland is extremely underrated and was on pace for 60 points this season. Hoglander and Podkolzin are better than any of your young players in your middle six. Dickinson is one of the best defensive centers in the entire league. You really mean to tell me that the Leafs forwards depth is better. All jokes man you must not know a lot about other teams…

How wonderful you brought up GSAA! Demko did do pretty good, he was 9th in the league. One thing you shoulda checked when you looked that up, however, was that 7th and 8th were Campbell and Mrazek. Yeah, I bothered to look at analytics. So yes, Campbell and Mrazek were better than Demko, one in the same division and one in another 'harder' division or whatever garbage north narrative you wanna try to spin there.
Pettersson is not at Matthews level. He's very good, but he's not, and to think otherwise is hilarious. Matthews leads the league in every single goalscoring metric that exists except one since he entered the league. And that is just raw totals because Ovie has 6 more goals in 20 more games played.
Boeser and Miller are good, but they're about as good as Nylander. Garland is also good, but a 60 point pace at 25 years old isnt exactly eye popping when you realise that Nylander did that in his 1st full NHL season at 5 years younger. Hoglander and Podkolzin are unproven kids who may or may not be good. And a defensive 4th line C counts as depth now? You're really scraping the bottom of the barrel here.
Yes, i mean to tell you that the canucks are bad and not even close to the leafs especially at forward.
Aug. 4, 2021 at 4:51 p.m.

lol, get off your high horse.

Yes your forward core is better.
Yes your defense is better.

But you can't be so delusional as to force the issue to say your goaltending was better.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll