SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Armchair-GM

Berglund extension

Feb. 24, 2017 at 1:32 p.m.
Lets Go Blues
He's been factoring into games since the shoulder surgery, and he's on a roll at the perfect time to earn the extension. Good for Bergy, just hope he keeps it up. Contract takes him til he's 33. Fair deal, not nearly as bad as some of the other extensions (Lehtera 4.7Mx3, Bouwmeester 5.4Mx5)

Oh, good looking Shattenkirk trade too.
Feb. 24, 2017 at 1:59 p.m.
Go Blues!
why? why sign him now? trade him, get something, then sign him in the offseason. Just short-sighted, and honestly he isn't owed a raise for the 3 previous crappy years he's given us. Really like the Shatty deal though.
Feb. 24, 2017 at 2:12 p.m.
Jomama22
Sold!! Now the blues just need to give jori Lehtera fresh start somewhere else...far far away from tarasenko
Feb. 24, 2017 at 2:21 p.m.
Lets Go Blues
Quoting: JFo
why? why sign him now? trade him, get something, then sign him in the offseason. Just short-sighted, and honestly he isn't owed a raise for the 3 previous crappy years he's given us. Really like the Shatty deal though.

He'd be more expensive in FA, and today was one of the last days to ink an extension. It's awful convenient for Bergy, but he could've definitely gotten more in the summer, so I'll take it. It's not a bad deal considering his role, his age, his recent play, and the obvious lack of centers on our roster. Plus, it's hardly a raise, it's really just extending the contract he already has (adjusting for inflation).
Feb. 24, 2017 at 2:36 p.m.
Go Blues!
I'm probably biased because I've hated him for years and was so excited to finally get something for him...and then this. And Steen took a decrease...BAH! stooped Berglund!

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll