$7,000,000$7,000,000
C
UFA - 5
Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Logo of the New York Rangers
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$5,350,000$5,350,000
C
NMC
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,650,000$3M)
RW
RFA - 1
$6,500,000$6,500,000
LW
NMC
UFA - 6
$3,641,667$3,641,667
C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 6
$775,000$775,000
RW
UFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
C
UFA - 1
$1,750,000$1,750,000
RW
UFA - 1
$762,500$762,500
LW, RW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LD
RFA - 3
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
UFA - 1
$6,000,000$6,000,000
G
UFA - 4
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$350,000$350K)
LD
RFA - 2
$8,000,000$8,000,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 5
$825,000$825,000
G
UFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
RFA - 3
$900,000$900,000
LD
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Aug. 7, 2021 at 9:29 p.m.
Pretty sure Buffalo fans still complain so no point in discussing value not being enough. The only people of value in our org according to them are Laf and Fox, but those are nonstarters for us. No deal to be made between these two teams. Send him to Vegas.
Bitemoi liked this.
Aug. 7, 2021 at 9:51 p.m.
GO FLAMES GO
Quoting: HOCKEYBOY448
Pretty sure Buffalo fans still complain so no point in discussing value not being enough. The only people of value in our org according to them are Laf and Fox, but those are nonstarters for us. No deal to be made between these two teams. Send him to Vegas.

Nah send him to Calgary lol
Aug. 7, 2021 at 9:52 p.m.

To be fair Rangers fans make trades like this with 3 million retained and then expect the value to be the same. I don’t get why people still post the exact same trades over and over.

Apparently Buffalo only wants futures, so idk who even pays that price. Maybe the Rangers
Shibbal18 liked this.
Aug. 7, 2021 at 9:53 p.m.
Quoting: Gmonwy
Nah send him to Calgary lol

At this point those are probably the most likely. I can’t see Minnesota or LA or Ottawa doing it. Feel like Columbus is going the building route and wouldn’t do it. What other potential options are there?
Bitemoi liked this.
Aug. 7, 2021 at 9:54 p.m.
Quoting: tsyls
To be fair Rangers fans make trades like this with 3 million retained and then expect the value to be the same. I don’t get why people still post the exact same trades over and over.

Apparently Buffalo only wants futures, so idk who even pays that price.

Definitely gonna cost more with retention, but I don’t see us getting him.
tsyls liked this.
Aug. 7, 2021 at 10:00 p.m.
Definitely gonna cost more with retention, but I don’t see us getting him.

I just don’t know who at this point will pay the price. MIN is out as they can’t afford to give up the futures. Calgary likely doesn’t have the pieces to make it happen. LA is out, NJ doesn’t need him, OTT maybe? They really seem to be the one team that could do it. Detroit too, maybe. I just really don’t know who will pay buffalos asking price.
HOCKEYBOY448 and Bitemoi liked this.
Aug. 7, 2021 at 10:00 p.m.
Apparently Buffalo only wants futures, so idk who even pays that price. Maybe the Rangers

Think of it this way: Eichel is a player with a neck injury, not a typical injury. Couple that with no direction decided on how to proceed (rehab or surgery) and so you tell me a team that wants to trade for Eichel and have him likely sit out most of the season if not the entire season.

It's alot to give up the assets for this player but then not to have him play? Yeah.. I'm not sure teams want to deal with that.
HOCKEYBOY448, tsyls and Bitemoi liked this.
Aug. 7, 2021 at 10:03 p.m.
I just don’t know who at this point will pay the price. MIN is out as they can’t afford to give up the futures. Calgary likely doesn’t have the pieces to make it happen. LA is out, NJ doesn’t need him, OTT maybe? They really seem to be the one team that could do it. Detroit too, maybe. I just really don’t know who will pay buffalos asking price.

Quoting: oneX
Think of it this way: Eichel is a player with a neck injury, not a typical injury. Couple that with no direction decided on how to proceed (rehab or surgery) and so you tell me a team that wants to trade for Eichel and have him likely sit out most of the season if not the entire season.

It's alot to give up the assets for this player but then not to have him play? Yeah.. I'm not sure teams want to deal with that.

I think that’s whole problem. If he was healthy and wanted out, they’d get a haul no question about it. The neck injury to me is holding this up as it’s probably scared off multiple teams.
oneX and Bitemoi liked this.
Aug. 7, 2021 at 10:09 p.m.
To be fair Ranger fans just saw Buchnevich traded for a late 2nd and borderline healthy scratch.

The only thing that would keep Vegas from taking the trade is Smith being an assistant captain...
Aug. 7, 2021 at 10:20 p.m.
If there wasn't retention this would be a fair offer but how much does 15M in cap retention cost? I'd say 2 1sts if not more.
sabres89 liked this.
Aug. 7, 2021 at 10:24 p.m.
Quoting: oneX

The sabres want Eichel to get a fusion, 6 month recovery. Eichel wants an artificial disk replacement, 6 weeks to get back to skating. It’s been done on a ton of athletes, even UFC fighters who experience waaay more wear and tear on their bodies. It’s a safe surgery, and there’s 0 reason for Buffalo to be holding him back. It’s literally at a point where they’re doing it out of spite. You should go and listen to Elliotte Friedman’s podcast where he had the surgeon on that would be doing Eichels disk replacement. It’s really informative. It’s literally such a low risk surgery, he gets it, 6 weeks till he’s skating. Then he can get back, if it isn’t fully successful, then he could get the fusion if needed. It’s just a joke the way that Buffalo is handling this.

The team doctors do not have players best interests in mind, there have been many occasions in which they’ve messed up procedures on athletes as well. If I was in charge of a team, I’d have 0 issue bringing Eichel in, allowing him to receive the disk replacement and then go from there. Eichel won’t miss half the season, it would be 1/3 if he needed the fusion.

But I do get what you’re saying. There is so much uncertainty when it comes to Eichel. I guess the good thing about the sabres asking for futures is that you wouldn’t be losing a roster player, and having to wait for Eichel to get back. I totally see why a team would be wary in paying buffalos price.
oneX liked this.
Aug. 7, 2021 at 10:42 p.m.
The sabres want Eichel to get a fusion, 6 month recovery. Eichel wants an artificial disk replacement, 6 weeks to get back to skating. It’s been done on a ton of athletes, even UFC fighters who experience waaay more wear and tear on their bodies. It’s a safe surgery, and there’s 0 reason for Buffalo to be holding him back. It’s literally at a point where they’re doing it out of spite. You should go and listen to Elliotte Friedman’s podcast where he had the surgeon on that would be doing Eichels disk replacement. It’s really informative. It’s literally such a low risk surgery, he gets it, 6 weeks till he’s skating. Then he can get back, if it isn’t fully successful, then he could get the fusion if needed. It’s just a joke the way that Buffalo is handling this.

The team doctors do not have players best interests in mind, there have been many occasions in which they’ve messed up procedures on athletes as well. If I was in charge of a team, I’d have 0 issue bringing Eichel in, allowing him to receive the disk replacement and then go from there. Eichel won’t miss half the season, it would be 1/3 if he needed the fusion.

But I do get what you’re saying. There is so much uncertainty when it comes to Eichel. I guess the good thing about the sabres asking for futures is that you wouldn’t be losing a roster player, and having to wait for Eichel to get back. I totally see why a team would be wary in paying buffalos price.

I hope he gets the adr with or without their permission. They wont sever the contract, hes worth too much, they could push to get the contract voided if it was unsuccessful i suppose, but that doesnt seem likely. Theres no mending the fences here, both sides seem like willing combatants. Adams shouldnt lower his price, have him get the surgery, have him pass his physical, and go from there. The next move if he isnt traded, is he fails his physical presumably, and rots on injured reserve until he gets the surgery. Then he can hold out or do whatever.
tsyls liked this.
Aug. 7, 2021 at 10:52 p.m.
Quoting: sabres89
I hope he gets the adr with or without their permission. They wont sever the contract, hes worth too much, they could push to get the contract voided if it was unsuccessful i suppose, but that doesnt seem likely. Theres no mending the fences here, both sides seem like willing combatants. Adams shouldnt lower his price, have him get the surgery, have him pass his physical, and go from there. The next move if he isnt traded, is he fails his physical presumably, and rots on injured reserve until he gets the surgery. Then he can hold out or do whatever.

It seems very very personal at this point. Like you said there is no chance the relationship can be repaired. You’re right Adams shouldn’t lower his price, because Eichel is worth everything they’re asking for and likely more. But they’re shooting themselves in the foot by not allowing him to get the ADR. It’s safe and effective, it’ll give him more mobility than the fusion would. I honestly have no idea why the sabres are saying no. He’d come back healthier from the ADR than the fusion, way less recovery time and if he needs to he can get the fusion after the ADR. It’s just a dumpster fire of a situation. Time to allow the kid to get the surgery, come back, pass physicals and then move him.
oneX and sabres89 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll