Forums/Armchair-GM

adjusted let me know -- little moves

Created by: Dr_akin
Team: 2021-22 Montreal Canadiens
Initial Creation Date: Aug. 9, 2021
Published: Aug. 9, 2021
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Christian Dvorak and Bo Horvat have similar numbers last year, points, +/-, face off percentage, (I'm not saying they are the same player and Bo isn't coming out of Vancouver) we need good faceoffs at a good price and he is that, he takes a ton and wins 52+% of them. We can't afford any of the other big faceoff names and Dvorak is an upgrade as well as cheaper, younger, higher ceiling version of Daneault who served us well.

kahun (same size and age, less exp, same scouting report on them), could also fill the same role as lehkonen at a cheaper price giving more flexibility as he has the ability to play center. As well Lehkonen could give us some return, possibly a 2nd and/or a 3rd to make up what we gave for Dvorak, I didn't want to play around to much however.

*****ADJUSTED keeping Evans out of trade removes Donato signing*******Donato gives the same as evans, we lose slightly on the face off % but Dvorak makes up for it and Donato has a higher offensive upside than Evans. Donato needs to work on his skating but the upside is there and for 2 years while we wait and see how Poehling progresses it is fine.
Other options are Galchenyuk (27) back with us, Kahun as mentioned above, or janikowski (26) (huge)
( I think paquette fills his role however) they all keep us somewhat young.

******Still believe***** Evans is expendable with Poehling in the system.

Kotkaniemi should get less 1.5m - 2.0m bridge with his deficiencies and development needs with the comparable out there, but 2.2m is fine I think

*****Adjusted*******Might be able to give buffalo or Detroit a 3rd and Byron for future considerations (aka nothing) to help them hit cap floor and us with cap space. Didn't put it in but worth talking about (buyout)

With this setup we have more offence down the middle better faceoff %, the 23 man roster gives versatility for size as well as Paquette could come in center and Donato move to the wing.

1) Talking points Lehkonen value on the market, and who to bring in.
2) does your 23 man roster or dressed 20 look different ?
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
3$2,200,000
3$925,000
3$925,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
3$900,000
Trades
ARI
  1. Guhle, Kaiden
  2. Tuch, Luke [Reserve List]
  3. 2022 3rd round pick (ANA)
  4. 2023 1st round pick (MTL)
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
20$81,500,000$64,571,310$597,561$1,475,000$16,928,690
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LW
UFA - 3
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$537,500$538K)
C
UFA - 1
$880,833$880,833 (Performance Bonus$300,000$300K)
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$2,200,000$2,200,000
C
UFA - 1
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 6
$2,125,000$2,125,000
RW, LW
UFA - 3
Logo of the Arizona Coyotes
$4,450,000$4,450,000
C
UFA - 4
$6,500,000$6,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 6
$1,150,000$1,150,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
C
UFA - 1
$3,400,000$3,400,000
RW, LW
UFA - 4
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$875,000$875,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$2,343,750$2,343,750
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 4
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 5
$925,000$925,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RD
UFA - 4
$2,875,000$2,875,000
G
UFA - 2
$1,750,000$1,750,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$637,500$638K)
LD
RFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$7,857,143$7,857,143
RD
UFA - 5
Taxi Squad
$950,000$950,000 ($0$0$0$0)
C, LW, RW
UFA - 1
$950,000$950,000 ($0$0$0$0)
LW, RW, C
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000 ($0$0$0$0)
RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Aug. 9, 2021 at 1:40 p.m.
Suzukis bathwater
In my humble opinion that's about right value for Dvorak. That been said, He will go for higher than that because there's allegedly high demand for the player. He will likely go for an A prospect and a 1st.
Dr_akin liked this.
Aug. 9, 2021 at 1:40 p.m.
I honestly think you are quite far off on value for Dvorak. He is right now Arizona's #1 centre and they would probably expect to be compensated as much. Many feel he is not worth it but Arizona does not need to trade him and as so would expect a quite good return. Evans really doesn't have any value so the majority of the value comes from what would be a late second round pick. You are going to have to include a good prospect or a couple higher picks to get the deal done I think. I'm not sure how the Arizona system looks but I'm thinking a guy like Guhle or Struble would be a starting point plus maybe Tuch and a first? It seems like there are at least a dozen teams that would be in on Dvorak, especially considering his age and what could potentially be a very team friendly deal with team.
For Byron to Detroit would probably have to be at least a second with maybe a later round pick, the cap hit isn't that high but they have alot of bottom six forwards and the term is two years. A first would get it done forsure as it again would probably be late.
Aug. 9, 2021 at 1:41 p.m.
Lenny7
I think you need to send more. You mentioned Bo Horvat-Bo is better, but think of him when you're putting a package together. Gotta think there'd need to a 1st in there somewhere, and build on it from there.

Talking points:
-Lehknonen: I think he's worse than Habs fans think, and better than a lot of other people give him credit for. For the money he's being paid though, the return would be low. Maybe a late 2nd at the deadline or something like that? If the idea is that you're a contender, you should probably keep him though.
-Byron dump: Stralman ($5.5 mil x 1 year) cost the Panthers the equivalent of 2 x 2nds. Byron is owed $6.8 mil over 2 years, so it's probably around the same.
-If Buffalo trades Eichel, they'd probably be willing to do a Byron dump to get to the floor, as long as they aren't taking a bigger salary back. Detroit-Probably not unless it was an overwhelming move. Arizona-probably not because they can probably find a cap hit with a lower dollar value owed to get there (maybe?).
-"meh" on Donato. Might as well give Poehling another shot at some point. If he doesn't fit the bill, make a move from there.
-23 man looks fine: Deep team. Will be in tough in that division with Tampa, Florida, Toronto, and the never aging Bruins.
Dr_akin liked this.
Aug. 9, 2021 at 1:46 p.m.
Meme Account
Romanov on 2nd Pair with Savard

Lehkonens Value is a 3rd Rd Pick or a bottom 5 pick in 2nd RD (Deadline Only)

Byron Cap Dump to Buffalo to hit the cap floor probably takes a 2nd and a 3rd 1 for each year of his deal remaining.

Donato is not a C option, he has barely any FO experience. Look to Bozak on a 1yr deal who has a very good FO% over his career. Vet that helps KK and Suzuki

Dvorak would take Poehling and 2 2nd's or a 1st. Would Rather Keep Poehling and hope the kids show up.

Trade Kulak for a 4th and sign a RHD to play 3rd pair or bring up Norlinder to slot in beside Chiarot on the bottom pair.

I don't understand the 3 yr deal for an AHLer in Svechnikov
Aug. 9, 2021 at 2:01 p.m.
Quoting: HabsRSus

I don't understand the 3 yr deal for an AHLer in Svechnikov

If not a cap dump buyout cost is not that high.

I like lehkonen but think he makes too much

cost nothing and he has offensive upside, lets see.

Adjusted trade. Donato Out. Evans stays

wideman can play 3rd line offensive d with chairot, kulak can move to the taxi, romanove can move to the left with savard, the current set up is more defensive ( how they slot in doesnt matter as much as chemistry and adjustments will be made as there are some new peices on the back end
Aug. 9, 2021 at 2:01 p.m.
Quoting: Lancebmx
I honestly think you are quite far off on value for Dvorak. He is right now Arizona's #1 centre and they would probably expect to be compensated as much. Many feel he is not worth it but Arizona does not need to trade him and as so would expect a quite good return. Evans really doesn't have any value so the majority of the value comes from what would be a late second round pick. You are going to have to include a good prospect or a couple higher picks to get the deal done I think. I'm not sure how the Arizona system looks but I'm thinking a guy like Guhle or Struble would be a starting point plus maybe Tuch and a first? It seems like there are at least a dozen teams that would be in on Dvorak, especially considering his age and what could potentially be a very team friendly deal with team.
For Byron to Detroit would probably have to be at least a second with maybe a later round pick, the cap hit isn't that high but they have alot of bottom six forwards and the term is two years. A first would get it done forsure as it again would probably be late.

upped the return
Aug. 9, 2021 at 2:02 p.m.
Quoting: Lenny7
I think you need to send more. You mentioned Bo Horvat-Bo is better, but think of him when you're putting a package together. Gotta think there'd need to a 1st in there somewhere, and build on it from there.

Talking points:
-Lehknonen: I think he's worse than Habs fans think, and better than a lot of other people give him credit for. For the money he's being paid though, the return would be low. Maybe a late 2nd at the deadline or something like that? If the idea is that you're a contender, you should probably keep him though.
-Byron dump: Stralman ($5.5 mil x 1 year) cost the Panthers the equivalent of 2 x 2nds. Byron is owed $6.8 mil over 2 years, so it's probably around the same.
-If Buffalo trades Eichel, they'd probably be willing to do a Byron dump to get to the floor, as long as they aren't taking a bigger salary back. Detroit-Probably not unless it was an overwhelming move. Arizona-probably not because they can probably find a cap hit with a lower dollar value owed to get there (maybe?).
-"meh" on Donato. Might as well give Poehling another shot at some point. If he doesn't fit the bill, make a move from there.
-23 man looks fine: Deep team. Will be in tough in that division with Tampa, Florida, Toronto, and the never aging Bruins.

thanks you, your well put points gave me something to think about and make some adjustments
Lenny7 liked this.
Aug. 9, 2021 at 2:03 p.m.
Quoting: Khalenix
In my humble opinion that's about right value for Dvorak. That been said, He will go for higher than that because there's allegedly high demand for the player. He will likely go for an A prospect and a 1st.

I fully agree thank you for your input i made some adjustments
Aug. 9, 2021 at 2:04 p.m.
Meme Account
Quoting: Dr_akin
If not a cap dump buyout cost is not that high.

I like lehkonen but think he makes too much

cost nothing and he has offensive upside, lets see.

Adjusted trade. Donato Out. Evans stays

wideman can play 3rd line offensive d with chairot, kulak can move to the taxi, romanove can move to the left with savard, the current set up is more defensive ( how they slot in doesnt matter as much as chemistry and adjustments will be made as there are some new peices on the back end

That's too much for Dvorak now lol, Guhle will be a stud and adding a 1st to it easily makes it overkill. If KK shows up this year and is good then we'd have #1 Suzuki 2A KK and 2B Dvorak. Id Much rather not trade for a C. at this point just sign an old geezer thats got 50%+ on faceoffs for 3rd C
Aug. 9, 2021 at 2:20 p.m.
Quoting: HabsRSus
That's too much for Dvorak now lol, Guhle will be a stud and adding a 1st to it easily makes it overkill. If KK shows up this year and is good then we'd have #1 Suzuki 2A KK and 2B Dvorak. Id Much rather not trade for a C. at this point just sign an old geezer thats got 50%+ on faceoffs for 3rd C

option is to take off the 3rd pick, But I'm still happy with the trade and see it as an improvement for the team, shoring up the center ice position for the future,

bring in a guy and hope he can contribute (Staal) I disagree with you i would prefer to have flexibility up and down the lineup, and a player to grow with the team cause he is young. Our 1st will be late ,mid 20's and i would love to keep all prospects and picks but we need to give to get and not everyone has the same opinion or value on players on that front.

we need offence as well as faceoffs and stability at center. Bozak can come in and give us good faceoffs if he takes 1mbut why rent if we don't have to.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll