SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Columbus Blue Jackets signed Zac Rinaldo (1 Year / $750,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Aug. 13, 2021 at 4:38 p.m.
You know nothing JS
A true POS unworthy of playing the NHL. He is only usefull to injure other players.

I hope Reaves scares him all the way to the 3rd balcony...
IconicHawk liked this.
Aug. 13, 2021 at 5:18 p.m.
Quoting: pharrow
he's 5'10

Are you suggesting he isn’t an enforcer?
Aug. 13, 2021 at 5:20 p.m.
Quoting: TheFlamesFanatic25
The Blue Jackets need grit. How is this a bad signing?

Maybe add an NHL player if you want grit.
TheFlamesFanatic25 liked this.
Aug. 13, 2021 at 6:03 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: TheFlamingC
Are you suggesting he isn’t an enforcer?

I'm suggesting at 5' nothing and 190lbs soaking wet your idea of an "enforcer" is pathetic.
There are far bigger players in the league who fill those roles. No he's not an enforcer. He's not no running up to the Matt Martins and Tom Wilsons of the league or many of the other guys.
Please get a grip.
Aug. 13, 2021 at 6:04 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
And that changes things how?

let me know when all 5'10 of him runs up to enforce on guys like Wilson. Just weak man.
Aug. 13, 2021 at 6:07 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Claesson4Norris
So was John Mirasty. Are you trying to argue Zac Rinaldo isn't an enforcer? Because that's all he brings to the table.

do you even know what an enforcer is?
Tell me, is tiny little Zac going to go drop gloves from dirty hits by guys Wilson's size?
Is he?
How the hell is that an "enforcer"
you clearly don't know what one is. If you would have said, hey 6'5 220lb Gudbranson is an enforcer, I'd say, yup sure is.
But 5' nothing 190s isn't ****.
Aug. 13, 2021 at 6:23 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
let me know when all 5'10 of him runs up to enforce on guys like Wilson. Just weak man.

His 50 career major penalties, 20 misconducts, 7 game misconducts, 2 match penalties, 2 fines, and 25 games suspended say otherwise.

Plus he’s just as stocky as Wilson.

Also, he didn’t seem to have any problem with the height difference here:
Zinger and yikes liked this.
Aug. 13, 2021 at 6:43 p.m.
Banned
His 50 career major penalties, 20 misconducts, 7 game misconducts, 2 match penalties, 2 fines, and 25 games suspended say otherwise.

since when does laying a hit make you an "enforcer"
go watch ice skating. Hockey clearly isn't your jam.
Aug. 13, 2021 at 7:20 p.m.
do you even know what an enforcer is?
Tell me, is tiny little Zac going to go drop gloves from dirty hits by guys Wilson's size?
Is he?
How the hell is that an "enforcer"
you clearly don't know what one is. If you would have said, hey 6'5 220lb Gudbranson is an enforcer, I'd say, yup sure is.
But 5' nothing 190s isn't ****.

I'm like 90% sure you deliberately choose to have the worst takes about everything on this site as a bit, but on the 10% chance I'm wrong, it's really remarkable that you've never stumbled into a good take even by accident.

There's more to being a good fighter than just size. Look at the best fighters in NHL history, it's not just a list of big hulking monsters. Tiger Williams was 5'11, Rob Ray was 6'0, McSorley was 6'1 190, Dale Hunter was 5'10, Ken Deneyko was 6 flat, Domi was 5'10. Knowing how to fight matters more than just being big. Dave Dziurzynski was like 6'3 and like 230 lbs or something, and he was one of the worst fighters I've ever seen.

Don't get me wrong, Zac Rinaldo is a **** hockey player, and has no business being in the NHL, but he IS an enforcer. His sole job his entire career has been to come in, play like 8min a night, throw some big hits and to punch people. Now I don't think he was ever a notably good one, but if you don't think he qualifies, you don't know what the term Enforcer has meant in the NHL for the last decade or so.
mondo, Alfie11, BuFfaLOFaN and 5 others liked this.
Aug. 13, 2021 at 7:49 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
since when does laying a hit make you an "enforcer"
go watch ice skating. Hockey clearly isn't your jam.

I never said laying a hit makes him an enforcer. All of the dirty actions and fights make him an enforcer. The hit is showing that Rinaldo’s stature doesn’t prevent him from engaging people larger than him.
yikes liked this.
Aug. 13, 2021 at 7:51 p.m.
Banned
I'm like 90% sure you deliberately choose to have the worst takes about everything on this site as a bit, but on the 10% chance I'm wrong, it's really remarkable that you've never stumbled into a good take even by accident.

There's more to being a good fighter than just size. Look at the best fighters in NHL history, it's not just a list of big hulking monsters. Tiger Williams was 5'11, Rob Ray was 6'0, McSorley was 6'1 190, Dale Hunter was 5'10, Ken Deneyko was 6 flat, Domi was 5'10. Knowing how to fight matters more than just being big. Dave Dziurzynski was like 6'3 and like 230 lbs or something, and he was one of the worst fighters I've ever seen.

Don't get me wrong, Zac Rinaldo is a **** hockey player, and has no business being in the NHL, but he IS an enforcer. His sole job his entire career has been to come in, play like 8min a night, throw some big hits and to punch people. Now I don't think he was ever a notably good one, but if you don't think he qualifies, you don't know what the term Enforcer has meant in the NHL for the last decade or so.

When people who have horrible takes want to talk about other peoples takes.
Your "enforcer" has had 3 so called fights in the last 3 years.
Lets see, in 2019 he had this "massive" brawl with Clifford.
https://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/n259962
clearly worth one of those "game misconducts"
Then there is 2020, where he god rag dolled by Deslauriers in his only fight of the year. A fight he clearly had no business taking, Hell the guy even let up on him because he knew he was 7 inches taller and like 40+ pounds heavier. But you know "enforcers"
https://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/n260818
The last one in 2021against Watson, who honestly looked like he didn't even want to drop gloves against the much smaller player. Not that I blame Watson, he's taken so much heat, he probably didn't want to hear it going after someone 1/2 his size.
https://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/n261712

But yet here is your incredibly bad take about what an "enforcer" is.
The winter Olympics is soon. You'll be able to enjoy all the figure skating you want.
Rinaldo is not an enforcer. Period.
He is a tough little player who hits. That's part of hockey. But trying to sit here and say he's an enforcer is like trying to say Brandon Tanev is an enforcer. He's not. Everyone knows he's not.
He might get into an occasional scrap now and then due to his physical style of play. But that doesn't make him an enforcer. Everyone in the hockey world knows this. He's not the guy you are rolling out there to go fight after someone does something dirty against your team. He's too damn small.

But sure thing, the guy who got into 3 "fights" in the last 3 years is an "enforcer". Hot take there on your part.
Aug. 13, 2021 at 7:55 p.m.
Banned
I never said laying a hit makes him an enforcer. All of the dirty actions and fights make him an enforcer. The hit is showing that Rinaldo’s stature doesn’t prevent him from engaging people larger than him.

what fights?
He's had 2 legit "fights" in the past 3 years. One of them the much bigger player didn't not look like he really wanted to fight the little guy, and the other one, if you want to call him being a punching bag, wasn't exactly a fight.

Do you know anything about the guy you are talking about?
You like to go, he has game misconducts. He got one of those for the refs separating him from Clifford before he got killed. It was a nothing of a misconduct.
Dirty hits? He plays on the edge, and every time someone touches a guy today, it's, he's such a dirty player. You aren't allowed to hit anyone.
By far and away most of his hits have been clean hockey plays.
But go on there.
Aug. 13, 2021 at 9:17 p.m.

Completely agree, it's a disaster
Claesson4Norris, TheFlamingC, SevenLeg and 7 others liked this.
Aug. 14, 2021 at 1:29 a.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Aug. 14, 2021 at 1:35 a.m.
I can’t wait for the time when the enforcers have played their last hockey games. Unfortunately this barbaric tradition still continues.

I don't mind enforcers but I prefer it when they can do more than just look to beat on someone. Guys like Sabourin and Gabriel really are the kinds of players the NHL should slowly push out. But guys like Wilson, Simmonds (back in the day), and Goodrow are the ideal enforcer as they do more for their teams beside punching. They can make plays, score on the pp or pk and just bring more to the table than just being a deterrent.

Cause lets be real without them the other teams stars are there for the taking so to speak and this can result in them being knocked out. Basically they are skating deterrents on the ice.
Saskleaf liked this.
Aug. 14, 2021 at 10:25 a.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: aadoyle
I don't mind enforcers but I prefer it when they can do more than just look to beat on someone. Guys like Sabourin and Gabriel really are the kinds of players the NHL should slowly push out. But guys like Wilson, Simmonds (back in the day), and Goodrow are the ideal enforcer as they do more for their teams beside punching. They can make plays, score on the pp or pk and just bring more to the table than just being a deterrent.

Cause lets be real without them the other teams stars are there for the taking so to speak and this can result in them being knocked out. Basically they are skating deterrents on the ice.

Well I wouldn’t call guys like Wilson enforcers, because they’re in the NHL because they are physical and they’re good players. Enforcers are guys who are there just to fight and make dirty plays and can’t actually benefit their team in any way. So I’m fine with the Wilsons and Goodrows, but we should be getting rid of the Rinaldos and Haleys of the league.
Aug. 14, 2021 at 10:50 a.m.
torontos finest
I'm suggesting at 5' nothing and 190lbs soaking wet your idea of an "enforcer" is pathetic.
There are far bigger players in the league who fill those roles. No he's not an enforcer. He's not no running up to the Matt Martins and Tom Wilsons of the league or many of the other guys.
Please get a grip.

5'10" is closer to 6 feet than 5 feet.

Your obsession with height is weird and compensational.
Devil and Saskleaf liked this.
Aug. 18, 2021 at 11:15 a.m.
Bedard23

Honestly surprised the rangers didn’t sign him after seeing this clip
Sep. 2, 2021 at 12:48 p.m.
NO IDEA how the hell this guy keeps getting contracts. Absolute waste of space

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit