C, LW, RW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
$3,250,000$3,250,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 5
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$725,000$725,000
LW
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,250,000$6,250,000
LD
UFA - 7
$5,950,000$5,950,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$6,166,667$6,166,667
G
UFA - 3
$3,900,000$3,900,000
LD
UFA - 3
$5,875,000$5,875,000
RD
UFA - 4
$750,000$750,000
G
UFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
LD
RFA - 2
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$863,333$863,333
LD
RFA - 3
$5,291,667$5,291,667
C, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$750,000$750,000
C, LW
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Aug. 14, 2021 at 11:07 a.m.
MisstheWhalers
Just guessing but Heinola and Niku will be with the Moose this season and Beaulieu will be the 7th dman, maybe some team puts a waiver claim in for Niku or they borrow him to another team to play for their AHL team but doubt he's traded, can't see any team giving even a late round pick for him.
Aug. 14, 2021 at 11:09 a.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
I think Gustafson going to crack the squad, could see svechnikov, vaselainen to possibly fight there way into top 6, could see nash on the wing with Lowry and copp.
Aug. 14, 2021 at 11:23 a.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
Quoting: MisstheWhalers
Just guessing but Heinola and Niku will be with the Moose this season and Beaulieu will be the 7th dman, maybe some team puts a waiver claim in for Niku or they borrow him to another team to play for their AHL team but doubt he's traded, can't see any team giving even a late round pick for him.

I think your accurate, could see niku in a Draper style trade somewhere, waiverwire for a back up goalie, and possibly only 60 games out of stastny and possibly Wheeler. I’m liking the potential of a svechnikov add, hoping vaselainen ready for some top 6 min.
MisstheWhalers liked this.
Aug. 14, 2021 at 11:30 a.m.
MisstheWhalers
Quoting: Birtle34
I think Gustafson going to crack the squad, could see svechnikov, vaselainen to possibly fight there way into top 6, could see nash on the wing with Lowry and copp.

Or since Gustafsson and Vesalainen are still waiver exempt would they send them down to play top minutes with the Moose and sign one or two league minimum forwards? If they did that they'd actually gain a tiny bit of cap space and they'd suppress any chance those two have of making more money when their ELC's end next season and they need new contracts when they have no arbitration rights, also that way Maurice won't have to play young players which he's loathe to do.
Birtle34 liked this.
Aug. 14, 2021 at 11:33 a.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
Or since Gustafsson and Vesalainen are still waiver exempt would they send them down to play top minutes with the Moose and sign one or two league minimum forwards? If they did that they'd actually gain a tiny bit of cap space and they'd suppress any chance those two have of making more money when their ELC's end next season and they need new contracts when they have no arbitration rights, also that way Maurice won't have to play young players which he's loathe to do.

Your probably right again, I hate the idea of more veteran plugs ahead of these kids, time is here to live and die with some kids.
MisstheWhalers and Carterman13 liked this.
Aug. 14, 2021 at 12:04 p.m.
MisstheWhalers
Your probably right again, I hate the idea of more veteran plugs ahead of these kids, time is here to live and die with some kids.

Honestly doubt it happens but just a thought and I guess it is a possibility, do think Vesalainen has a spot in the starting lineup but not totally sure about Gustafsson just yet.

Agree about living and dying with some of the kids which is why I'm not getting Heinola being blocked, the Jets most NHL ready prospect is him yet he gets blocked, I just don't get it. I get it'll be great to have depth on defense but I still don't think it was necessary to acquire both Schmidt and Dillon, one would've been enough imo, if injuries happen call up Kovacevic, Gawanke or Samberg for a look, what's the point in drafting and developing players if you never ****ing use them!?!!!
Birtle34 liked this.
Aug. 14, 2021 at 12:14 p.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
Honestly doubt it happens but just a thought and I guess it is a possibility, do think Vesalainen has a spot in the starting lineup but not totally sure about Gustafsson just yet.

Agree about living and dying with some of the kids which is why I'm not getting Heinola being blocked, the Jets most NHL ready prospect is him yet he gets blocked, I just don't get it. I get it'll be great to have depth on defense but I still don't think it was necessary to acquire both Schmidt and Dillon, one would've been enough imo, if injuries happen call up Kovacevic, Gawanke or Samberg for a look, what's the point in drafting and developing players if you never ****ing use them!?!!!

My biggest pet peeve and they have been doing it for years, they play and give opportunity to players that are gone the next year, it’s as if they aren’t attempting to build something, I would much rather see kids mistakes and chances to fight into a higher role over two or three years than some random vet that might be slightly better. I don’t mind what I think of chevys push in those two, Dillon will be a good mentor to stanley and samberg, but his 3 years probably at least a year too long. I’m biased on Schmidt, I think he’s going to bring a swagger and energy that hasn’t been see since buffy left. Not the same player by any means, but I think there’s a passion and intensity that is going to bring good things to that room. I think there could be a move yet for some cap room and heinola forcing himself into the lineup, this camp is going to be wild with battles everywhere, if Chevy and Maurice look at it honestly. Competitive everywhere other than in net, I’m worried about backup goalie, I think everything else coming together.
Aug. 15, 2021 at 9:08 p.m.
MisstheWhalers
My biggest pet peeve and they have been doing it for years, they play and give opportunity to players that are gone the next year, it’s as if they aren’t attempting to build something, I would much rather see kids mistakes and chances to fight into a higher role over two or three years than some random vet that might be slightly better. I don’t mind what I think of chevys push in those two, Dillon will be a good mentor to stanley and samberg, but his 3 years probably at least a year too long. I’m biased on Schmidt, I think he’s going to bring a swagger and energy that hasn’t been see since buffy left. Not the same player by any means, but I think there’s a passion and intensity that is going to bring good things to that room. I think there could be a move yet for some cap room and heinola forcing himself into the lineup, this camp is going to be wild with battles everywhere, if Chevy and Maurice look at it honestly. Competitive everywhere other than in net, I’m worried about backup goalie, I think everything else coming together.

I very much agree, like I'm hearing lots now since the Dillon/Schmidt trades that the Jets have a two to three year window, while I don't necessarily disagree with the window notion I just question then wtf were the last two seasons? If the last two seasons were transition years then why weren't we developing younger players to see what we had? Why bother signing veteran retreads that really add nothing? Why waste even a later draft pick on the likes of Eakin and Benn? I was all for sliding Heinola's ELC cause I knew that last years Jets team was going nowhere but that was with the thought he'd be a lock for a starting lineup job this year and likely in the top 4 D for cheap but then they acquire two top 4 dmen, what was the point in sliding his ELC then??

Again, I know these two will help but I just don't see the need for both of them and do wish they'd try to integrate some of these drafted kids into the lineup more to see what they really could be.
Aug. 16, 2021 at 9:49 a.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
I very much agree, like I'm hearing lots now since the Dillon/Schmidt trades that the Jets have a two to three year window, while I don't necessarily disagree with the window notion I just question then wtf were the last two seasons? If the last two seasons were transition years then why weren't we developing younger players to see what we had? Why bother signing veteran retreads that really add nothing? Why waste even a later draft pick on the likes of Eakin and Benn? I was all for sliding Heinola's ELC cause I knew that last years Jets team was going nowhere but that was with the thought he'd be a lock for a starting lineup job this year and likely in the top 4 D for cheap but then they acquire two top 4 dmen, what was the point in sliding his ELC then??

Again, I know these two will help but I just don't see the need for both of them and do wish they'd try to integrate some of these drafted kids into the lineup more to see what they really could be.

Ya Chevy put a cast on Dillon, where only a bandaid was needed beaulieu. But I think Chevy maybe got caught up in a copy cat league and Dillon is his edmundsen and Schmidt is his petry, that’s one undersized morrissey as Weber and a more offensive pionk as chiarot. I think Dillon going to pay some teaching by example dividends to a young stanley and samberg, but he maybe more in the way than useful halfway through his three years he has left.
MisstheWhalers liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll