$1,400,000$1,400,000
C
UFA - 2
Logo of the New York Rangers
$2,300,000$2,300,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C, LW
UFA - 2
$1,600,000$1,600,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$9,000,000$9,000,000
LW, RW
NMC
UFA - 6
$2,200,000$2,200,000
LW, C
UFA - 2
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$2,250,000$2,250,000
C
UFA - 1
$1,050,000$1,050,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$825,000$825,000
LW, C
RFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$9,500,000$9,500,000
LD/RD
UFA - 3
$3,875,000$3,875,000
RD
UFA - 1
$2,425,000$2,425,000
G
UFA - 1
$2,822,764$2,822,764
LD
UFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
RD
RFA - 3
$750,000$750,000
G
UFA - 1
$1,600,000$1,600,000
LD
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
RFA - 3
$750,000$750,000
G
UFA - 1
$889,166$889,166
LD/RD
RFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Aug. 17, 2021 at 10:02 a.m.
Shibbal18
Sabres are set with Goalie and D prospects, trade makes no sense, Sabres pass
Aug. 17, 2021 at 10:29 a.m.
TNT
Quoting: Shibbal18
Sabres are set with Goalie and D prospects, trade makes no sense, Sabres pass

I agree its a no however, Buffalo has no good prospects on the right D, so you're wrong on that front. Geo isn't a prospect anymore, but we still don't want him so I agree there. Chytil is a 3-4 C even on Buffalo(even though i do like him) so don't need him coming back.

I would need to see something like:
Lundkvist
2022 unprotected first
Strome- with extention OR Mikka- with extention
IF Strome, anther later pick/B-prospect
IF Mikka Zibenejad - end of trade
Aug. 17, 2021 at 10:48 a.m.
Shibbal18
Quoting: GenW
I agree its a no however, Buffalo has no good prospects on the right D, so you're wrong on that front. Geo isn't a prospect anymore, but we still don't want him so I agree there. Chytil is a 3-4 C even on Buffalo(even though i do like him) so don't need him coming back.

I would need to see something like:
Lundkvist
2022 unprotected first
Strome- with extention OR Mikka- with extention
IF Strome, anther later pick/B-prospect
IF Mikka Zibenejad - end of trade

Dahlin can and should move to the right side. The Sabres have enough on the right side regardless, they dont need to trade their best forward for a RD prospect especially when there are 10 glaring holes in the forward group. Even then, they should be signing a top pair veteran or take 1 back as a cap shed for Eichel, they have 0 experience in their D core. They dont need another flashy, PP QB, Dahlin light, but RHD prospect, they need people who play D and more importantly they need forwards
Aug. 17, 2021 at 11:01 a.m.
TNT
Dahlin can and should move to the right side. The Sabres have enough on the right side regardless, they dont need to trade their best forward for a RD prospect especially when there are 10 glaring holes in the forward group. Even then, they should be signing a top pair veteran or take 1 back as a cap shed for Eichel, they have 0 experience in their D core. They dont need another flashy, PP QB, Dahlin light, but RHD prospect, they need people who play D and more importantly they need forwards

Dahlin should absolutely not move to the right, He's a LHD, and has played on the left his whole career so far. I'm not saying he cannot do it but why on earth would you do that? He still has a TON to prove playing on the left, and they have no RHD prospects. And on top of all of that, him and Jokiharju have a lot of chemistry. I'm guessing you were one of those people demanding he or risto play wing?

And by the way, those 10 glaring holes you brought up? Right handed defenseman is most of it lmao. They have ZERO RHD prospects outside of Laaksonen in their system right now, and hes still a big question mark.
Aug. 17, 2021 at 11:09 a.m.
Shibbal18
Dahlin should absolutely not move to the right, He's a LHD, and has played on the left his whole career so far. I'm not saying he cannot do it but why on earth would you do that? He still has a TON to prove playing on the left, and they have no RHD prospects. And on top of all of that, him and Jokiharju have a lot of chemistry. I'm guessing you were one of those people demanding he or risto play wing?

And by the way, those 10 glaring holes you brought up? Right handed defenseman is most of it lmao. They have ZERO RHD prospects outside of Laaksonen in their system right now, and hes still a big question mark.

Dahlin played on the right in Sweden, he converted in Buffalo, so only his NHL career has he played LD. Why would I demand they play wing, i dont understand what that means. 10 glaring holes in the forward group involve RHD??? What are you talking about here. The Sabres dont need to address 1 RD prospect hole with an Eichel trade, if they were worried about that we just had a draft (and they took 0). They should address it in free agency, or bring in someone like Erik Johnson as a cap shed for a team taking Eichel
Aug. 17, 2021 at 11:35 a.m.
TNT
Dahlin played on the right in Sweden, he converted in Buffalo, so only his NHL career has he played LD. Why would I demand they play wing, i dont understand what that means. 10 glaring holes in the forward group involve RHD??? What are you talking about here. The Sabres dont need to address 1 RD prospect hole with an Eichel trade, if they were worried about that we just had a draft (and they took 0). They should address it in free agency, or bring in someone like Erik Johnson as a cap shed for a team taking Eichel

Okay I misread the 10 holes, missed the forward group part - my bad. That said, they just drafted to fix most of the forward issues, by grabbing 4 solid wingers this draft, and already having Quinn and Peterka. So D is where they need help.

The wing part was just a joke lol lots of folks demanding those 2 to play the wing during the losing streaks.

As far as right D. You cant possibly think their prospect pool is sufficient in its current state? Who do you like? Who's going to evolve into an NHL RHD? And, Erik Johnson? Why? That makes no sense. Buffalo is going young - clearly. Johnson is 33 and doesn't fit the timeline in any way, why would they trade for him? That makes literally zero sense for Buffalo. They should be looking at guys in their Low to mid 20's with decent contracts not old men lol...
Aug. 17, 2021 at 12:03 p.m.
Shibbal18
Okay I misread the 10 holes, missed the forward group part - my bad. That said, they just drafted to fix most of the forward issues, by grabbing 4 solid wingers this draft, and already having Quinn and Peterka. So D is where they need help.

The wing part was just a joke lol lots of folks demanding those 2 to play the wing during the losing streaks.

As far as right D. You cant possibly think their prospect pool is sufficient in its current state? Who do you like? Who's going to evolve into an NHL RHD? And, Erik Johnson? Why? That makes no sense. Buffalo is going young - clearly. Johnson is 33 and doesn't fit the timeline in any way, why would they trade for him? That makes literally zero sense for Buffalo. They should be looking at guys in their Low to mid 20's with decent contracts not old men lol...

The Sabres need leadership. Theyve been icing one of the youngest teams through the entirety of this drought. The d having an average age of 23 is not a positive. They need players who like McCabe, who they let walk, and players that have won and know how to win. This entire roster has no idea how to win and their 3 leaders, Okposo rode Tavares's coattails, Skinner has never been to the playoffs, and Girgensons has played for Buffalo his entire career. Their oldest Dman is Pysyk, who signed in Buffalo to stay in the NHL.
Aug. 18, 2021 at 5:10 a.m.
TNT
The Sabres need leadership. Theyve been icing one of the youngest teams through the entirety of this drought. The d having an average age of 23 is not a positive. They need players who like McCabe, who they let walk, and players that have won and know how to win. This entire roster has no idea how to win and their 3 leaders, Okposo rode Tavares's coattails, Skinner has never been to the playoffs, and Girgensons has played for Buffalo his entire career. Their oldest Dman is Pysyk, who signed in Buffalo to stay in the NHL.

Okay but you still havent explained why they need Johnson? Leadership could potentially come from anyone already on the roster who hasnt had a chance to be a leader because buffalo ALWAYS signs guys like that to be in that role and it never works out...Georges? Gionta? guys like that havent helped in the past, because the roster hasnt been set yet. Let it play out, grow your players and THEN do that.

Are they making the playoffs the next few years and I wasn't informed? They need to develop the players they have, and draft well. THEN they can go out and find a johnson IF they need one when the time comes. Right now and for probably the next season is all about developing your young guys and seeing what you actually have in the system, and then and only then you can decide what you really need via trade and free agency.
Aug. 18, 2021 at 8:36 a.m.
Shibbal18
Okay but you still havent explained why they need Johnson? Leadership could potentially come from anyone already on the roster who hasnt had a chance to be a leader because buffalo ALWAYS signs guys like that to be in that role and it never works out...Georges? Gionta? guys like that havent helped in the past, because the roster hasnt been set yet. Let it play out, grow your players and THEN do that.

Are they making the playoffs the next few years and I wasn't informed? They need to develop the players they have, and draft well. THEN they can go out and find a johnson IF they need one when the time comes. Right now and for probably the next season is all about developing your young guys and seeing what you actually have in the system, and then and only then you can decide what you really need via trade and free agency.

Ah yes Gorges, well known for leadership. Almost as well known as Okposo. If anything that just highlights my point, all the Sabres have had in the last 10 years is a 36 year old Gionta at the end of his career. I just threw Johnsons name out there as an example, your hyper focused on the wrong thing, I dont think Colorado has any interest in Eichel.
Aug. 18, 2021 at 8:53 a.m.
TNT
Ah yes Gorges, well known for leadership. Almost as well known as Okposo. If anything that just highlights my point, all the Sabres have had in the last 10 years is a 36 year old Gionta at the end of his career. I just threw Johnsons name out there as an example, your hyper focused on the wrong thing, I dont think Colorado has any interest in Eichel.

You are focusing on the wrong thing. Buffalo does NOT need an old ass veteran to take a roster spot right now...let the young players play, and grow into themselves. You're ignoring the timeline completely right now.
Aug. 18, 2021 at 9:35 a.m.
Shibbal18
You are focusing on the wrong thing. Buffalo does NOT need an old ass veteran to take a roster spot right now...let the young players play, and grow into themselves. You're ignoring the timeline completely right now.

how am i focusing on the wrong thing in my own comments. Yeah they dont have to be old. A veteran or being a leader doesnt mean theyre a 36 year old at the end of their career, I just alluded to that. A roster full of rookies is a recipe for disaster, why not have a 4th line with Peterka Ruotsalainen and Quinn so we have 4 scoring lines as well. This CHEL 21 thinking doesnt work in the real world, thats why successful NHL teams dont build themselves that way

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll